Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #81
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
I concur

However - I have had NO desire to sit at my table...and still haven't used the felt and dies I ordered LAST month -- so I'm sitting on my hands and NOT clicking "Add to Cart" lol.

Hoping to paint the kitchen this weekend...I'd be THRILLED to have that done and off my plate! The room is just about ready to go... a few things to take off the walls, and that's it. Maybe I can even get my electrician to put plate covers on the switches and plugs that have been off since we did the family room two years ago lol. I have this UGLY faux brick as my backsplash in the kitchen...I think I'm going to scrub the heck out of it, and spray paint it with one of those textured spray paints...might make it look a LITTLE better until we can do the major kitchen overhaul in 2050, lol.
I actually used stuff I bought the other day and it felt great! There does look like some great stuff this month, but I won't place an order for a month or two.
I hope you get your kitchen painting done Tracey! I love getting jobs checked off my list!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #82
Forum Fanatic

Glad you got your massage booked Samantha!

I got 36 burritos made, 2 beef meals (one for dinner tonight and one for the freezer), math done and lunch made! Only on my second load of laundry but I'm happy I'm getting so much done!

Unread 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

My dining room/family room is Faded Clay aka Terracotta. I was thinking of getting something to just stick over the existing! Forget pulling it off. You know the drywall will come with it. I love "Fricks" too funny. My kitchen used to be fake wood laminate. Blech!

I should be working on a few things and I'm not! I have a sleeping kitten in my lap and Smokey takes over Maynard's bed behind me and is sleeping.
Unread 11-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by a woman with many hats! View Post
Glad you got your massage booked Samantha!

I got 36 burritos made, 2 beef meals (one for dinner tonight and one for the freezer), math done and lunch made! Only on my second load of laundry but I'm happy I'm getting so much done!
Woohoo!! I love getting meals in the freezers. You have a much more exciting reason too.
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #85
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Maynard appeared from someplace. Not sure where his new hiding place might be. His eye looks a lot better this morning. I need to wait for his morning nap to smear eye ointment in it. A wiggly kitten is not cooperative!

I'm so bummed - last night I just happened to log onto the spa's website to get their phone number to confirm our appointments on Saturday and they closed up. No notice or phone calls to anyone. I'm going to call the hotel this morning and see if they have any suggestions. I sent a text to my sister last night to see if she had any ideas as well.

Hair is dry, laundry going, now time to finish up some more emails.

Try the closets or right in the middle under a bed or chair somewhere. When Mittens & Midnight were kittens we would find them there. Now everyone uses a closet to hide in especially if they see the cat carrier come out of the computer room. Tiny is the biggest PITA to get into that carrier; that's IF you can find her after 30 min of trying. It's amazing how a fat cat can make herself so skinny when she wants to.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Sr. Design Team Member Mark's Finest Papers,
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduse View Post
Try the closets or right in the middle under a bed or chair somewhere. When Mittens & Midnight were kittens we would find them there. Now everyone uses a closet to hide in especially if they see the cat carrier come out of the computer room. Tiny is the biggest PITA to get into that carrier; that's IF you can find her after 30 min of trying. It's amazing how a fat cat can make herself so skinny when she wants to.
I have no idea where he was. Next thing I knew he was on the cat post staring at me!
Unread 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #87
Stamp'n In The Light

Back from the vet and almost $300 lighter ($269) to be exact. The vet is very concerned with Tigger's weight loss (3 1/2lbs lighter), the liver is enlarged & bowels too; as well as his vomiting and being slightly dehydrated. He has also lost a lot of muscle around his hindquarters so that's probably why he's been "fishtailing" into the walls the last couple of days. His eyes are clear, just some normal greying on the sides due to age. She took some blood samples to send out STAT with a fax going to her other office tommorrow since she's on call for the larger animals and if something shows bad, she'll call us on Saturday with the results, especially if she thinks Tigger needs to be hospitaize. Otherwise, she'll wait until Monday. Good news: she couldn't feel any tumors, but she wants to wait for the blood work to come back and then take things from there. If it requires more testing, well then we'll need to decide what we can afford or not. She also said at the moment we don't have to think about putting him down, but it's possible depending on the blood work.

Tigger also came home with some special food we need to try and get him to eat to try and put some more nutrients into him. Oh joy! He hates soft food.

DD competes tommorrow at the local band review (Central Calif Band Review or CCBR) so we'll be gone most of the day. We did give the vet DH's cell number just in case she has to call us on that number. Hopefully DD does great again tommorrow.

Unread 11-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #88
Stamp'n In The Light

I found a better link to DD's band performing than the Selma Band Review one I posted a week ago. This one is from UTube: YouTube - Merced HS - 2010 Delta Band Review

Unread 11-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I hope that your weekend is getting off to a good start. I have to take the girls out to Dee's this morning for grooming, then I head over to my hair appointment and I have a guy coming to seal my driveway. I also need to do a bit of house cleaning. I also need to spend some time in the stamp room.

Our food service dept gals are now housed in our building. After seeing some of my cards, she wants to buy some for holiday stocking stuffers, so I need to come up with a few designs for her to choose from.

So, there is my day. What are you up to?

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #90
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Good morning.

Bonnie - sending good thoughts for DD today. Saying prayers for Tigger and you.

Pam - sounds like a busy day - hope it all goes well and you get that stamp time. We have Scouting for Food bag pick up this morning and then the in-laws are coming in this afternoon. I'll have to head to the grocery store to pick up food to feed everyone. Tomorrow we have church, play practices and DD#2 is going to visit the Humane Society for Scouts. I really want to stamp - looks like some fun challenges happening on VSN last night and tonight, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Sam - glad you found an alternative for the spa - enjoy your massage!

Ok- better get going - should get some cleaning done before the in-laws show up. Not that I want to clean, but I guess it would be a good idea.

Have a good day all!

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Unread 11-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #91
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies.

Sending positive thoughts to Bonnie and hoping for good news for Tigger.

I'm hoping to spend a few hours in my studio today -- well, TBH... i'm hoping to spend ALL Day in my studio. I want to come up with a holiday card design. I know, I know... I said I wasn't going to make my cards, but I've been reconsidering it. Who knows... I may get in there and some magic may happen... or I may get in there and spend the entiere day reorganizing. I love doing that too.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies!
Unread 11-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy from Portland!

Bonnie- sorry to hear about Tigger. My cats don't eat wet food either so I'm making sure Maynard eats it.

Hope many of you get to craft this weekend.

We had a nice dinner last night but not as great as I expected. Debating if we watch the Ducks or just go shopping and to dinner. My favorite place is booked but I may see what concierge can do for me.

Happy Saturday!
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #93
Forum Fanatic

Good morning!

I did nothing last night and am feeling guilty about an evening wasted!

Today I am cleaning at the club for a few hours and then Marc and I are going out on a date! A good old fashioned dinner and comedy club, just the two of us, dress up date!

Have a great day everyone!

Unread 11-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #94
Stamp'n In The Light

Morning ladies. Just checking in before heading out the door to DD's band review today. I'm hoping they take sweepstakes! (fingers crossed)

Thanks for all of the prayers for Tigger. He's my baby, literally. DH brought him home to me after my first miscarriage. So losing him will really be like losing a child.

Unread 11-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #95
Gallery Gazer

Hello, Dearies! Happy Saturday! Sounds like some of you have a busy schedule today. Bart's gone reffing this afternoon so I'm in the studio for the day. Just thought I'd say hi!

Jenn, so glad to hear you got some time to use some of those crafty supplies of yours. Pam, are you making more wreath cards today? Heeeee.

All right, I should totally be working......toodles!!
Unread 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsing View Post
Hello, Dearies! Happy Saturday! Sounds like some of you have a busy schedule today. Bart's gone reffing this afternoon so I'm in the studio for the day. Just thought I'd say hi!

Jenn, so glad to hear you got some time to use some of those crafty supplies of yours. Pam, are you making more wreath cards today? Heeeee.

All right, I should totally be working......toodles!!

There's one in every crowd.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Unread 11-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #97
Glitter Guru

hi all! It is just a gorgeous day here! DH and I are going to stain the front porch this afternoon, and then he will be be parked in front of the TV watching football after that, LOL!

DD did very well on her presentation, and we are soooo glad that it is over with! She went 5 seconds over 10 minutes, tho, and they deducted 10 points, so she was pretty mad about that!

Laura--thanks for the muffin recipe--sounds yummy! I hope you guys have fun at the ball tonight--I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!

Bonnie--I'm glad you got an extension on your leave and hope the new meds work. I looked at the Mystery Diagnosis list, and I can't find the episode I was telling you about. I'll keep looking! Sorry to hear about Tigger! It's so hard to watch our pets get older!

Samantha--glad to hear that Maynard's eye is ok! Glad you are having fun with your sister this weekend--and I hope you can get into your favorite restaurant for supper!
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy! Massage all finished. Ah!

Hotel got me in! Yummy!! I love their food and mojitos.

It is cold and rainy here. Oh well.
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Sam - sorry the weather isn't better for your visit

Pam - hope you're whipping up some FABBY creations in "the zone" right now...

Me? I'm working off a high from spray painting the backsplash, lol. Thankfully it's nice and warm today - so the windows and doors are all WIDE OPEN - ha ha.

Laura - hope you & THE MAJOR have a GREAT time at the ball tonight!!
Unread 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracey - nope - I'm not being creative. I went to pick up the girls and when I got back home, I gathered my tools, trash bag and headed out front to work. I cut down the decorative grasses and raked up some of the fallen leaves from some of the shrubbery. I'm now debating if I want something cold or something warm to drink.

Have fun tonight, Laura and Stefan.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Unread 11-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

So what did you decide to drink????

Taking a break for a few minutes - but will be back to painting soon... thought I'd pop in and say hi!

See you girls later!
Unread 11-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #102
Gallery Gazer

Hi Tracey.....glad the painting is going well.

Sam, did you get a new cat and I missed it? Maynard, is it?
Unread 11-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #103
Stamp'n In The Light

Late night hellos from the left coast. Got a call from the vet today about Tigger. Some of his labs are ok (kidneys really), liver is really elevated, lymphocytes are really low, and monocytes are only slightly high. The vet said cats can mask so many problems, more than dogs can. She cannot, however, rule out lymphoma on Tigger because of the intestines & liver being enlarged. She wants us to call the office on Monday and set up an xray appt to make sure he still doesn't have a small blockage somewhere due to the intestinal swelling.

DD did great at the band review today. The band took the marching sweepstakes over all the other bands (135 today), colorguard took 1st place, percussion (drum section) took 2nd, and the drum major took 1st. Not bad for a band & guard that 2yrs ago was pretty rotten from what DH & I saw of their perfomances.

Other unexpected matters on the agenda this evening, included having to take the hard drive "tower" into geek squad and see if we could fix the video card. We originally thought it might be the monitor for the problem we were having, but no, not that lucky. Our hard drive & tower have lasted for 9-10yrs without any problems, so our luck would not finding the video card that was currently in the drive without upgrading the power supply. So after adding all of that up we finally decided it was cheaper to just get another computer tower (only) and have geek squad transfer the data over from our current hard drive. So between Tigger and the computer, it's been an expensive weekend and I still don't know how much an xray costs for a cat.

Looks like bill paying better get done tommorrow and see how bad we're broke.

Unread 11-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girlies!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Unread 11-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsing View Post
Hi Tracey.....glad the painting is going well.

Sam, did you get a new cat and I missed it? Maynard, is it?
Yep. Maynard is our new kitten. Sable left a huge hole in our house and my heart and I lasted one week without a second cat. He is so darn cute. Chris sends me pictures since I'm away this weekend. He is 14 weeks.
Unread 11-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! What possessed me to drink that third mojito last night. They were so yummy.

Did lots of shopping yesterday. Bought myself a new cashmere sweater for my birthday. Got a good deal. As well as shoes and a few more shirts.

Hope Traceys painting is complete. Pam has created items to sell at work. Bookie gets her computer fixed and gets answers for Tigger.

Sis is still sleeping so I'm quietly getting ready.

Have a great day!
Unread 11-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #107
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Yep. Maynard is our new kitten. Sable left a huge hole in our house and my heart and I lasted one week without a second cat. He is so darn cute. Chris sends me pictures since I'm away this weekend. He is 14 weeks.
Awwww......I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure he's adorable!!

Morning, Girlies. Home for church and relaxing a bit, before lunch.

Happy Sunday!
Unread 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW...tap tap tap... is this thing on?? LOL

I'm ONE HURTIN' PUP, lol. all of this painting business...I'm SOOOO hiring someone next time - lol. I must say though - the Kitchen looks GREAT!... I didn't get to finish the backsplash -- 2/3 done, but will have to wait until next weekend to finish the last bit. And we have touchups on the wainscoting and trim, but otherwise it's all done...it's a pretty big room - and the ceiling near killed me, lol. When the kitchen was green, I had painted the ceiling green too, I had seen it on some show back then, and said 'oh we should do that... MISTAKE!!!!! lol. It's now a creamy white, love how it all came out...

I'm off to bed shortly -- I hope everyone had a GREAT day!!!

Ugh -- can it really be Monday already??? ew.
Unread 11-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #109
Gallery Gazer

Aww, Tracey......glad the kitchen is lookin' good! That weekend went by fast, didn't it? Bummer.

P.S. You said "ew." How I've missed that.

Just sayin' hidey ho (that's for Sally) on my way over to the Papertrey Release Party. Hope you're all having a great night!
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Good morning! So, am I the only one seeing a Downy commercial in Spanish on here? Funny.

I had kept up with you gals on my phone in the end of the day emails, but couldn't post from there. I couldn't see the lovely new Avatars (Laura). Is that your look for the ball last week?

Tracey, I'm glad your kitchen is getting done. It sounds great. Before I came home, my house was kinda clean. Now I gotta put all of this away and tidy up before my parents come on Wed.

Hope your "make-up massage" was great, Sam. We got all bummed out at our scrap weekend. This was the first year we had found two massage therapists to come in and they were going to give one hour massages on-site for us on Saturday. Only $40 each, too! I was SO, SO, SO looking forward to that - and we woke up Sat. morning to a bunch of snow, with more falling and I guess they live an hour away and they didn't come. We were so, SO, SO disappointed.

I will say I watched more movies this weekend than ever. I will list them later when I have time. Gotta get to work this morning for 7 a.m. Lovely welcome back. I'm sure it will be fun after four days off (not).

So, I'll chat more at the end of the day. Have a great Monday (if that is possible).
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:37 AM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Staci - I'm sorry you missed out on the massages. That's too bad.

Tracey - WTG on the painting. I hope you get the frickin backsplash finished soon.

Samantha - I'm glad you had a good time with your sister.

Jenn - I'm hope you and Marc had a fun date!

Sally - We need to Skype.

Sharon - I am so glad DD did alright with her project. 10 points?! They are sticklers. I talk so fast I always had to make stuff up at the end of my speeches.

My brain is not awake. It was a fun weekend. Nothing went as planned while we were getting ready for the ball. It started with me leaving the salon with Texas beauty pageant hair. I took the smooshed it down a bit and took out the lame, hippy braid. It curled right back up so I wore a headband and made it work. The situation escalated when I came home, put on my makeup, put my dress on, and then the zipper broke! It was never a good zipper. There was a lot of swearing at that point. It was my only option as my mascara was not waterproof. hehe. I had an old dress in the closet so I threw that on and rolled with it. We had a really fabulous time. SIL and her BF came with us so that made it all the more fun.
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiechic View Post
Good Morning!

Staci - I'm sorry you missed out on the massages. That's too bad.

Tracey - WTG on the painting. I hope you get the frickin backsplash finished soon.

Samantha - I'm glad you had a good time with your sister.

Jenn - I'm hope you and Marc had a fun date!

Sally - We need to Skype.

Sharon - I am so glad DD did alright with her project. 10 points?! They are sticklers. I talk so fast I always had to make stuff up at the end of my speeches.

My brain is not awake. It was a fun weekend. Nothing went as planned while we were getting ready for the ball. It started with me leaving the salon with Texas beauty pageant hair. I took the smooshed it down a bit and took out the lame, hippy braid. It curled right back up so I wore a headband and made it work. The situation escalated when I came home, put on my makeup, put my dress on, and then the zipper broke! It was never a good zipper. There was a lot of swearing at that point. It was my only option as my mascara was not waterproof. hehe. I had an old dress in the closet so I threw that on and rolled with it. We had a really fabulous time. SIL and her BF came with us so that made it all the more fun.
OH NO!! -- I have to say, I did chuckle at the "Texas beauty pageant hair" comment. Glad it all worked out, and I'm sure you looked MARVELOUS . Excellent that you had good company to share in the fun.

HA -- so I thought I hurt yesterday... HA... I have sore muscles in places I didn't even realize HAD muscles...OY. That's ok, every time I walk into the kitchen, I smile...hoping to get the wainscoting touched up tonight, so we can move the china cabinet back to the wall... then the rest will start to fall into place...

I totally missed the PTI party...I forgot what day it was...missed out on it ALL... so sad...*sniff*

Staci - sorry about the missed message - THAT totally bites...hope you can get your 'to do' list accomplished before your parents arrive!!

Sharon - I thought it - and forgot to say it... YEAH for DD...but really, 10 POINTS?!?!?! tough crowd, lol.

I'd better get -- even though TJC is gone, LOTS to do...(our survey went VERY well, BTW - WHOO HOO!)

*mwah*
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #113
Forum Fanatic

Good morning!

Laura you looked beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time!!

Tracey-I can't wait to see all the pictures of your kitchen! Way to go on all the work! Sorry you are so sore!

Staci-bummer on the missed massages, I hope work is ok for you today!

Marc and I didn't make our date on Saturday- B and J were not feeling well so I didn't want to leave them to babysit. The younger two and Marc and I cleaned/organized at the club again for 4 hours. Got almost another room done.
Yesterday I taught all day- such a great, fun class. Wonderful couples who asked lots of questions!

Costco near my place is having a Miche purse display today! SO excited to go and check it out!

Have a great Monday!

Unread 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I'm so tired. Any hints on getting thru the day on 4 hrs sleep. I could not get to sleep last night. Getting a cold so I have that annoying post drip that chokes you. Grr! I do have a latte in hand.

Enjoy purse shopping Jenn.

Laura- you looked fantastic but so sorry about your first dress.

I better get back to work. Need to review a few spreadsheets.
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning. I'm so tired. Any hints on getting thru the day on 4 hrs sleep. I could not get to sleep last night. Getting a cold so I have that annoying post drip that chokes you. Grr! I do have a latte in hand.

Enjoy purse shopping Jenn.

Laura- you looked fantastic but so sorry about your first dress.

I better get back to work. Need to review a few spreadsheets.
Caffeine, protein, chocolate, repeat.

or -- learn to sleep with your eyes open, lol... {{HUGS}} hope you can sleep better tonight!

hope you find a nice purse Jenn! My co-worker came in with a 'the sac' purse that she bought at Costco over the weekend...1/3 of the retail...nice! Sorry you missed your date with Marc
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the advice Tracey!
Unread 11-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #117
Forum Fanatic

Hope you are still awake Samantha! Enough to get your work done that you need to!

Ok, so Costco had specials and I got the basic bag, 2 handles and 6 covers! So excited! Trying not to focus on the fact that I have one pair of shoes that fit, one pair of pants, but 6 new purses! LOL

Unread 11-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by a woman with many hats! View Post
Hope you are still awake Samantha! Enough to get your work done that you need to!

Ok, so Costco had specials and I got the basic bag, 2 handles and 6 covers! So excited! Trying not to focus on the fact that I have one pair of shoes that fit, one pair of pants, but 6 new purses! LOL
Shoveling in a salad but haven't strayed to Diet Coke yet!

I see nothing wrong with your situation.
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracey- I told my cafe lady your strategy when asking for hers- it is now her facebook status!
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #120
Forum Fanatic

I'm glad you approve Samantha because I decided I needed the brown base bag too, so add 4 more covers to my selection! Such a great deal though! One base bag-2 handles and 4 covers for $100!