Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

Happy Veterans Day! (Thanks, Pam, for the reminder) Laura, you casually mentioned the ball. What is your dress like this year?

Oh, get this. Remember when I talked about the scary _ _ _ bug that lived in our garage and then I found out it is called a "house centipede". Well, this morning when I was walking into the bathroom, one came out of there and went behind our entertainment center in the bedroom. I freaked OUT. We moved some things that were stored behind the entertainment center & there it was, on the molding (moulding?). We sic'd the cat on it and the cat actually saw it, stalked it, played with it and killed and ate it. I am SO proud of my cat right now! GO GINGY! That freaked me out, though, because I've never seen one in the house and I walk into my bathroom in the dark with bare feet and my eyes half-closed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night ALL of the TIME and there could be a centipede in there waiting for me! YIKES!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Staci - I haven't seen you lately. (but I bet you are being hard on yourself) Come and visit. I'll post the recipe later. You may need to remind me.

Pam - I signed up to run the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon in Cincy on May 1. Are you going to be around that weekend?

The ball is Saturday. I'm wearing the same dress I wore last year. It is the one in my profile pic. I'll wear my hair up and use different accessories. I hope I don't look like an old woman who thinks she's going to the prom. HA! My SIL and her boyfriend are coming with us this year. That should be a lot of fun.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:48 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

GOOD MORNING! I love vacation days -- and successful ones at that. Checked everything off my list, and then some. Got bed & desk for DS -- got his old bed taken down and new bed put up. Woot Hoot!!! I'm feeling it today though. Whew, aches & pains in the body. Feels good though to get that done.

Laura - I want that recipe too for eggy cupcakes.

I'm missing A LOT of PSF's lately -- you know who you all are... when I get enough energy, I'm going to list out the names.

Yeah for good food.

I went to a holiday card class the other night -- 20 cards (4 of 5 designs each)... the lady did a great job prepping for the class and she's a great demo, they just were not my style. So, if anyone knows where I can donate some Christmas cards, let me know. I will probably use 4 of them.

OK -- off to drag my sore body to find some breakfast. Adios hottie amigas.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 AM   #44
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
Hi ya girls

Had a really nice time at our recognition dinner tonight -- they kept the speeches short, sweet, and mildly humorous. Especially in the middle of the JC Survey, it was a welcome bright spot for many

I'm off to go watch Hell's Kitchen with the hubby -- hope you're all having a good night!!
I'm glad you had a nice evening! Congratulations on 15 years

Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #45
Forum Fanatic

Happy Remembrance Day, is that just a Canadian thing, since Staci said Happy Veterans day? Which ever it is for you, I hope it is a great day filled with thankfulness of those that serve our Countries now and before.

Marc and I are going to spend the day cleaning the club, wish us luck! Tonight I am teaching from 6-10.

Big hugs girls!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I think this is a South Beach Diet recipe. We switch up the meat and cheese and vegetables for the sake of variety. I usually double it.

Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups (Eggy Cupcakes)

4oz turkey sausage or bacon
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
5 large eggs
1 12 oz can mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.

In med nonstick skillet, cook meat, onion, and peppers over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in eggs and mushrooms. Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake 20 minutes, or until the egg is set.

They are only 140 calories a piece. We usually eat two or serve them with yogurt and fruit.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning and Happy Veteran's Day!

I'm working at home today (no it isn't a holiday for me) as I need to see if the vet can get Maynard in. He has what appears to be an eye infection in the works. I don't want to wait it out as the poor little guy is squinting with that eye. Of course it hasn't slowed him down any!

Just put a roast in the crockpot for French Dip sandwiches for dinner. Trying a new recipe that got rave reviews. Just roast (using a chuck roast) sear it, then put in crockpot with 2 packages onion soup mix, 2 cans beef broth, and 2 cups water. We shall see!

I better get back to work.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

I love you Laura

Good Morning - and Happy Veteran's day -- So thankful for all that have made sacrifices for our freedom...

Eggy cupcakes -- I must know what these are....

I hope Laura & Stefan have a MARVELOUS time at the ball this weekend. My friend Kirsten had her first ball last night -- she's stationed in Iwakuni, Japan (well, so I guess it was a day ago now, lol)

I'm home today - the girls are off from school. They're playing (kind of) nicely right now, so thought I'd say hi -- now I'm off to start emptying the china cabinet -- we're going to paint the kitchen before Thanksgiving...which we're hosting this year...I must be crazy - lol.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

UM -- HAAAA - I guess I should read "Page 2" lol....Thanks for posting the recipe Laura -- they sound YUMMY, and EASY! I made a similar breakfast casserole at Easter - smart to put it in muffin cups for servings

Jenn -- I think it's kind of the same thing Rememberance Day / Veteran's day -- either way, very grateful

Laura -- I'm sure you'll look HOT -- make sure you get a photo or two!!

Sally - so you got EVERYTHING checked off that list?? ATTA GIRL

Sam - hope Maynard is ok!! Poor little guy.

Today isn't a holiday for me either - but someone had to watch the girls -- and DH took off Columbus day -- sooooooo....my turn!

OK -- REALLY going to the china cabinet now, lol
Old 11-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #50
Glitter Guru

Hi Everyone...
Just you long lost PSF here....
Thank you, Jenn, for sending the link otherwise I probably wouln't have found you guys.

Laura - thanks for the recipe... sounds yummy and fun. I like those kinds of meals!

How's everyone else been? Been crazy here... I don't know if Rebecca told you all or not but we lost another one of our feral kittens. So sad.

I'm volunteering a lot - in fact going in again later this afternoon. It's so much fun!

A few other things are going on but I'll save that for an email. I have company coming over in just a few minutes so I got to cut this short. I'll check in later...

Love ya guys!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Maynard has an appointment at 11:30 am. He just started a wrestling match with Smokey which is funny considering fat boy is about 16 lbs or so! He is screaming for his life at the moment. Now he is in my lap taking cover.

I have made Laura's South Beach muffins a few times. They are good to have around. I ran to the store this morning for onion soup mix and somehow apple turnovers made it into the bag.

Nice to see Renee stop by. Hi!

Tracey - Have fun today.

Time for me to get back to work.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Hidey ho... Laura, I love the recipe -- but wonder how they would turn out, if I left out the green peppers, onion, and mushrooms? (so, bacon & eggs & cheese) would they stay together?

Tracey -- Check (x) Check (x)... you betcha. Making my list and "checking it TWICE"... okay (if I'm honest, maybe three times). LOL ha-ha

Hi Renee - sorry to hear about your kitties.

Laura - way cool that you're doing the "pigs fly" (or whatever) 1/2 marathon in Cincy on May 1. For a brief moment of insanity I thought to myself "I should make it a goal to run the 1/2 marathon with Laura next May and join her in Cincy"... but then I remembered a) I don't run and b) I'm low on brain cells today, so don't make any rash decisions.
But, eh -- I'm proud of you. And - have fun at the ball this w/e. You'll look amazing.

Happy Veteran's Day to everyone. I'm going to the dentist and get my gums scrapped in everyone's honor. I sure know how to party & celebrate. Hopefully I don't fall asleep in the chair and forget to "spit".

DH leaves for Las Vegas tonight -- hopefully he has a good time. Well, you know -- a "good" time within the law and the marital rules. tee-hee. Me, well I'll be shuttling the kiddos around to timbuktoo and back. Because, as you know - I know how to party and celebrate. I want to ask -- is it wrong of me that when I rolled over the morning and looked at DH sleeping, I was thinking "Yes, four nights of uninterrupted sleep - I am so excited... I can sprawl out... watch TV in bed... no one will be snoring or scratching or shoving..." Sad? Sad? Sad? Oh, and have I mentioned 1 million times before how much I l-o-v-e to sleep? And... that I am drug-free sleeping? Oh - tonight is going to be heaven.

I could ramble all day -- so, I think I'll go find out of anyone on this side of complex is celebrating and brought in donuts, kringle or bagels -- I'll be happy to celebrate with them. That's just the kinda of party girl I am.

Adios... until after my snack.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow- being "fashionably late" is one thing, but....
Thanks Jenn, for posting the link to the new thread. I thought things seemed a bit quiet for the PSFs, lol. Okay, anyway I have subscribed so I am back in with you all!

SO much going on, the days ate just flying past! C & J have no school for 4 days and then a regular week next week and then no school the entire following week. Makes it hard to get stuff done!

Well- I have to do a little backing up and seeing what you all have been up to. BRB!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 11-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by piepie1969 View Post

DH leaves for Las Vegas tonight -- hopefully he has a good time. Well, you know -- a "good" time within the law and the marital rules. tee-hee. Me, well I'll be shuttling the kiddos around to timbuktoo and back. Because, as you know - I know how to party and celebrate. I want to ask -- is it wrong of me that when I rolled over the morning and looked at DH sleeping, I was thinking "Yes, four nights of uninterrupted sleep - I am so excited... I can sprawl out... watch TV in bed... no one will be snoring or scratching or shoving..." Sad? Sad? Sad? Oh, and have I mentioned 1 million times before how much I l-o-v-e to sleep? And... that I am drug-free sleeping? Oh - tonight is going to be heaven.
Haha! I had to chuckle at this, Sally! We have something in common today- that's for sure! My DH left for Vegas this morning, lol! Hey- what hotel is yours staying at???
Anyway, I too will be doing my share of shuttling the kiddos around as well, and yes, the thought of uninterrupted sleep holds some appeal I am looking forward to watching some old B&W movies in bed before I enter the Land of Nod.... that is, unless I end up spending a very late night in my studio tonight
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

OH LAURA -- BWAH HA HA HA HA.... I love it!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
Haha! I had to chuckle at this, Sally! We have something in common today- that's for sure! My DH left for Vegas this morning, lol! Hey- what hotel is yours staying at???
Anyway, I too will be doing my share of shuttling the kiddos around as well, and yes, the thought of uninterrupted sleep holds some appeal I am looking forward to watching some old B&W movies in bed before I enter the Land of Nod.... that is, unless I end up spending a very late night in my studio tonight
Sarah, he's staying at Bally's. Wouldn't it be ironic if he ran into your DH? LOL.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiechic View Post
Staci - I haven't seen you lately. (but I bet you are being hard on yourself) Come and visit. I'll post the recipe later. You may need to remind me.

Pam - I signed up to run the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon in Cincy on May 1. Are you going to be around that weekend?

The ball is Saturday. I'm wearing the same dress I wore last year. It is the one in my profile pic. I'll wear my hair up and use different accessories. I hope I don't look like an old woman who thinks she's going to the prom. HA! My SIL and her boyfriend are coming with us this year. That should be a lot of fun.

HE!! YEAH!!!! Do ya need a room?

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by piepie1969 View Post
Hidey ho... Laura, I love the recipe -- but wonder how they would turn out, if I left out the green peppers, onion, and mushrooms? (so, bacon & eggs & cheese) would they stay together?

Tracey -- Check (x) Check (x)... you betcha. Making my list and "checking it TWICE"... okay (if I'm honest, maybe three times). LOL ha-ha

Hi Renee - sorry to hear about your kitties.

Laura - way cool that you're doing the "pigs fly" (or whatever) 1/2 marathon in Cincy on May 1. For a brief moment of insanity I thought to myself "I should make it a goal to run the 1/2 marathon with Laura next May and join her in Cincy"... but then I remembered a) I don't run and b) I'm low on brain cells today, so don't make any rash decisions.
But, eh -- I'm proud of you. And - have fun at the ball this w/e. You'll look amazing.

Whew! For a minute I thought that I was going to have to drive to Racine and slap some sense into you. You can make a goal of coming to Cincy and we will go cheer Laura on. We can take our lawn chairs and cooler - by the time she gets to the finish line, we'll be "finished" also.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam wilson View Post
Whew! For a minute I thought that I was going to have to drive to Racine and slap some sense into you. You can make a goal of coming to Cincy and we will go cheer Laura on. We can take our lawn chairs and cooler - by the time she gets to the finish line, we'll be "finished" also.
Sounds like a perfect plan.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

Vet didn't see a scratch on Maynard's eye but he still has ointment since it could be tiny and they can't see it. Chris is not thrilled about having that task especially since he would have preferred for me to wait. I wasn't waiting for it to become something worse.

I better get a few last minute things done so I can rush out to Jazzercise. My roast smells so yummy in the crockpot. Now to decide on sourdough rolls or Kaiser?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Sally - You might need a little more of the other ingredients to fill the cups, but I bet it would work. You could put defrosted hashbrowns in there too probably.

Oh FLying Pig is walker friendly. Just sayin'. You can go 2.5 miles an hour.

Pam - I am doing this fro Team in Training. I think they are providing a room for a night or two. Kickoff to the training season is next week so I'll know more after that. I have to finish setting up my webpage still.

Tracey - I hope you had a nice day with the girls.

Sharon - I hope DD did well. I look forward to hearing.

Renee - (((HUGS))) Sorry about your kitties. I miss you.

I can't remember what else I had to say. Oh well. Have a good one!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Sounds like a perfect plan.
It's not perfect. They have to save some for me. Other than that, I'm sure some uber fit hottie who finishes an hour before me would be willing to firemen carry them back to the car.

Sam - You are a good kitty mama.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #63
Stamp'n In The Light

Afternoon ladies. My head is killing me over here today. Got another shot yesterday afternoon and an extension on my LOA. Can't work with these suckers getting this bad. I also heard back from my neurologist this afternoon. He's trying a new medication since the one I'm on is obviously not working. His nurse said it should have kicked in by now so I'm to taper off this one and start the next one at the same time.

Tigger is going to the vet tommorrow. We're not sure if he's going blind, got a dislocated hip, or what. He's suddenly walking into walls and then bouncing off of the next one. Plus, he's not wanting to eat much and when he does he's having a hard time finding his dish which is on the arm of the couch so the "girls" don't eat all of his food. I'm afraid he's getting to the point where I make have to make a decision on him too.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #64
Stamp'n In The Light

Quote:
Vet didn't see a scratch on Maynard's eye but he still has ointment since it could be tiny and they can't see it. Chris is not thrilled about having that task especially since he would have preferred for me to wait. I wasn't waiting for it to become something worse.

I better get a few last minute things done so I can rush out to Jazzercise. My roast smells so yummy in the crockpot. Now to decide on sourdough rolls or Kaiser?

My vote is for sourdough. Roast does sound good especially if someone else is making it. Smells right now are doing me in.

My Blog - Stamping In The Light
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

(((HUGS))) Bonnie. I hope Tigger is okay.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

{{{HUGS}}} to Bonnie for Tigger Hope the new meds work!

Sam - glad the vet didn't see a big scratch - hope Maynard is compliant about his ointment application

Laura - you always make me laugh -- thank you.

We had a good, low key day. We had to stay at the house, since we had someone from the oil company come to inspect our new above ground oil tank. We had it sitting in the basement for 5 years, and I finally haunted Nick enough to get his brother over here to finish putting it in, before the old one that's in the ground starts leaking... ugh. It's all hooked up and working already, because I wasn't going to go a week without heat & hot water...but they have to send one of their people to look it over before they'll come fill it...and it's pret-ty empty...so I'm glad that's done!

I feel kind of icky - so I think it made me grumpy, and then I was annoyed with myself for being grumpy, which led me into a downward spiral of utter disgustedness....(my word) but things are starting to turn around...a little snuggle time will help too...

See you girls later!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening,

Sorry about Tigger Bonnie. I hope the vet visit brings you some answers. We did go for the sourdough which was a good choice. So far my favorite French Dip recipe.

Tracey - Yeah for the oil tank. We finally got our electric company out here yesterday to finish the power upgrade on our house. What a freakin nightmare!! Chris asked who we can talk to in order to file a complaint.

Laura - I'm sure the girls would save you a beverage or two!

Working on getting the laundry done so I can pack for my trip. Really want to bring a larger suitcase than I usually take with me but I'm not sure it qualifies as a carry-on and I never check my bags.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:43 AM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Happy FRRRRRIIIIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
Good morning Happy FRRRRRIIIIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 11-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, Chickadees!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #71
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Friday!

Working at home again as I didn't get packed or finish the laundry last night. Oh well! I need to find our kitten as Chris didn't lock him up so I don't know where he is hiding at.

I need some coffee ASAP and I better comb my hair before it dries in that just step out of the shower look.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG! Papertrey is wickedly good this month.

Chicks of a Feather Blog
Old 11-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cute ideas! I'll have to save some of the cards in my files for layout and embellishment ideas. I have tons of texture plates that I have never used as well as PTI dies. No spending for me until I use up some stuff. I have no place to put anything!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Maynard appeared from someplace. Not sure where his new hiding place might be. His eye looks a lot better this morning. I need to wait for his morning nap to smear eye ointment in it. A wiggly kitten is not cooperative!

I'm so bummed - last night I just happened to log onto the spa's website to get their phone number to confirm our appointments on Saturday and they closed up. No notice or phone calls to anyone. I'm going to call the hotel this morning and see if they have any suggestions. I sent a text to my sister last night to see if she had any ideas as well.

Hair is dry, laundry going, now time to finish up some more emails.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #75
Gallery Gazer

Good morning. How is everyone today? We actually have a somewhat light weekend - Scouting for Food bag pick-up tomorrow and then in-laws coming in to visit. Sunday is a bit more busy. Tonight I have stamp club - need to cut all the card stock and finish the last card. I've been having fun making 3D items lately - my latest is the Desktop Easel Calendar - its in my gallery if you are interested.

Pam - I haven't looked at what PTI has this month - I'm trying hard to use what I have and not buy anything new til after the holidays. Will check it out tho - maybe I'll find something to add to my wishlist for DH.....

Sally - glad your day off was so successful - enjoy the sleep the next few nights. What are you making in your studio these days?

Laura - how's it going? I'm so proud of you for the marathons that you are signing up to run in. You go! I'd come join Pam and Sally on the side lines to cheer you on, but that weekend is my niece's First Communion.

Tracey - YAY for a quiet day at home. Sorry about the oil tank issues tho. Glad its now taken care of and you have heat.

Paulette - how's it going? Hope work has slowed down a bit for you.

Renee - good to see you on here. How's everything going? How's G doing in college? Hope all is well for everyone.

Sharon - how did DD's project go last night? Hope it went well!

Jenn - how did the reorg at the club go? Did you get a lot done? How was club the other night?

Staci - how did the review go with your boss? Any changes coming up to how phones and email are handled? Hope you are enjoying your long weekend retreat and gets lots of rest and creativity in!

Ok - better get going - unfortunately, the paper is not cutting itself nor are the dishes washing themselves. This afternoon if the morning goes well, it'll be back to raking leaves. The kids and I got a the backyard pretty much done yesterday, but the front needs to get done.

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #76
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Maynard appeared from someplace. Not sure where his new hiding place might be. His eye looks a lot better this morning. I need to wait for his morning nap to smear eye ointment in it. A wiggly kitten is not cooperative!

I'm so bummed - last night I just happened to log onto the spa's website to get their phone number to confirm our appointments on Saturday and they closed up. No notice or phone calls to anyone. I'm going to call the hotel this morning and see if they have any suggestions. I sent a text to my sister last night to see if she had any ideas as well.

Hair is dry, laundry going, now time to finish up some more emails.
Sam - such a bummer! Hope you are able to find an alternate solution.

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #77
Forum Fanatic

Good morning!

Stamp club was good on Wednesday night. I really love these girls and we always have a good time. They stayed super late and we worked on making some tags!

Yesterday Marc and I were at the martial arts club at 10am and cleaned/organized the kitchen there until 4! Just one room full of crap, but now it is clean and fabulous! I was so dirty and gross when we got home. Three other rooms there to go, but one down! I got home and quickly showered and ate then I taught from 6-10 last night. I was so tired after!

Today I am doing school/laundry and cooking! I am hoping to work on my Christmas cards tonight.

I hope you get something for the spa time Samantha!

Ok, I gotta get moving, I was behind. Love you girls!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I concur

However - I have had NO desire to sit at my table...and still haven't used the felt and dies I ordered LAST month -- so I'm sitting on my hands and NOT clicking "Add to Cart" lol.

Hoping to paint the kitchen this weekend...I'd be THRILLED to have that done and off my plate! The room is just about ready to go... a few things to take off the walls, and that's it. Maybe I can even get my electrician to put plate covers on the switches and plugs that have been off since we did the family room two years ago lol. I have this UGLY faux brick as my backsplash in the kitchen...I think I'm going to scrub the heck out of it, and spray paint it with one of those textured spray paints...might make it look a LITTLE better until we can do the major kitchen overhaul in 2050, lol.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Found a place with openings after a few phone calls from the list the hotel gave me. Sister a facial and me a massage. I'm not in love with facials as much as she is and a massage sounds heavenly right about now! We have plenty of time to find a bar and watch the Duck game.

Tracey - What color are you painting? I have been trying to think of a backsplash solution for you. What about that fake tin or stainless stuff they sell for backsplashes?

I finished packing (almost) - waiting until the end to put my blouse in there to avoid a total wrinkled mess. Progress...
Old 11-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tracey - What color are you painting? I have been trying to think of a backsplash solution for you. What about that fake tin or stainless stuff they sell for backsplashes?

I finished packing (almost) - waiting until the end to put my blouse in there to avoid a total wrinkled mess. Progress...
Glad you are making progress, and found possiblities for your spa treatments!!

We're painting the walls 'Pumpkin Cream' it's a Benjamin Moore color - our cabinets are a warm honey wood -- so it looks nice -- and then there's the horrendous 'frick' (fake-brick). My concern with putting something else up, is what they used to put that carp on there in the first place...I don't want to have to replace the sheetrock too right now... I used this paint to paint the cover for my doorbell back when we moved in -- and it looks nice -- it's like a beige and white flecked textured spray paint...and it HAS to look better than the black grout, and red/white 'fricks'... *shudder* lol.

*I* am procrastinating...ha. but -- back to work for me...off I go!~