Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #961
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTigg View Post
I'll trade your 11 hours for 7 with 32 backtalking lazy 10 year olds no diapers involved .
It wasn't bad at all. He is such a happy little guy as long as you are holding him and playing with him. He ended up sleeping for 35 minutes, which I guess isn't normal for him so he will sleep well tonight. I think I would be good with your 32 kids, my son has given me a lot of practice with questions and the wonderful question of "why?" I thought that was a toddler thing.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #962
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I got a doozy of a question today. We started talking about cells and how they replicate and I got the baby question. Student, ' So a baby is just a cell that replicates'? Me:' yeah very simply put'. Student, 'so how do the mom cell and dad cell meet?' Me: 'that's 9th grade science.' Student, 'oh but don't ya think we're at the age we need to know?' Me 'Doesn't matter what I think Ca tells me teach blood cells and transport and that's what we are covering.' Student, 'ok maybe my mom will know but I don't think so as she pouts.' I love that they are so inquisitive but not sure what more I am gonna have to dodge!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #963
Stazon Splitcoast

Just had a student tell me I should join Cupid.com so I wouldn't be a Miss anymore
Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #964
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just had a student tell me I should join Cupid.com so I wouldn't be a Miss anymore
Nice.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #965
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh I got a doozy of a question today. We started talking about cells and how they replicate and I got the baby question. Student, ' So a baby is just a cell that replicates'? Me:' yeah very simply put'. Student, 'so how do the mom cell and dad cell meet?' Me: 'that's 9th grade science.' Student, 'oh but don't ya think we're at the age we need to know?' Me 'Doesn't matter what I think Ca tells me teach blood cells and transport and that's what we are covering.' Student, 'ok maybe my mom will know but I don't think so as she pouts.' I love that they are so inquisitive but not sure what more I am gonna have to dodge!
Well handled.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #966
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so tired. I had trouble getting up today, however I anticipated that I would so I set my alarm for 5:40 so I could hit the snooze button once. I ended up getting up within minutes after hitting snooze, frustrated with myself for staying up so late. Will I ever learn?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #967
Stazon Splitcoast

So I come home today to the boy having hung my Disney Kinkades, cleaned the fish tank, cleaned the house and made me dinner! Who is this boy and where is mine?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #968
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So I come home today to the boy having hung my Disney Kinkades, cleaned the fish tank, cleaned the house and made me dinner! Who is this boy and where is mine?
Sounds like the energizer bunny! Nice to have that all done.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #969
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know where my day went. I dropped in on someone this morning. Worked on organizing some scout things, scheduled and rescheduled some appts., cleaned the kitchen (except I still need to do the cabinet fronts) and spent the rest of the day/night carting kids around. Overall, it didn't feel very productive and yet it was all good to do.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #970
Stazon Splitcoast

I never did send my MIL flowers at the hospital. I talked with her today and she is still in ICU waiting for a room to open up. She ended up with an infection in her arm from the BP cuff and all the tubes. She doesn't really know when she will get out of there but I'm guessing in a couple of days, depending on the infection. If it doesn't clear up they are going to have to cut into her arm.

I want to send her a package to the house for when she is home but I don't know what. I was thinking a movie or two because she loves movies. She isn't really into reading. She likes football and car races. Any ideas?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #971
Stazon Splitcoast

I went the commissary this morning. I'm usually good about driving the speed limit on base but I'm so glad I did today. They were nailing people. I saw one get pulled over when I was getting gas and after I went to the commissary I decided to stop for a car wash and another person was being pulled over. I wonder why they are being aggressive about it today.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #972
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Good morning.

We are having a Baked Potato Bar after evening service on Sunday and Darla and I need to go shopping for the stuff this afternoon. I so badly need to clean up my stamp room. I haven't wanted to stamp at all because everything is in such disarray, but every day there seems to be another priority.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #973
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrd View Post
I never did send my MIL flowers at the hospital. I talked with her today and she is still in ICU waiting for a room to open up. She ended up with an infection in her arm from the BP cuff and all the tubes. She doesn't really know when she will get out of there but I'm guessing in a couple of days, depending on the infection. If it doesn't clear up they are going to have to cut into her arm.

I want to send her a package to the house for when she is home but I don't know what. I was thinking a movie or two because she loves movies. She isn't really into reading. She likes football and car races. Any ideas?

I had no idea your MIL was in the hospital! What happened? It would be so nice to send a package. Movies would be wonderful if you know for sure she doesn't already own them. What about The Blind Side? Or Inception? Or Avatar? Is she into Nascar? If so who is her driver? There's a ton of Nascar merchandise for each driver. Will she have diet restrictions when she comes home? If not some home baked treats would be nice.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #974
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I went the commissary this morning. I'm usually good about driving the speed limit on base but I'm so glad I did today. They were nailing people. I saw one get pulled over when I was getting gas and after I went to the commissary I decided to stop for a car wash and another person was being pulled over. I wonder why they are being aggressive about it today.
The MP's were always super tough. Base was the only place I never ever went even 5 over
Old 01-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #975
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami View Post
I had no idea your MIL was in the hospital! What happened? It would be so nice to send a package. Movies would be wonderful if you know for sure she doesn't already own them. What about The Blind Side? Or Inception? Or Avatar? Is she into Nascar? If so who is her driver? There's a ton of Nascar merchandise for each driver. Will she have diet restrictions when she comes home? If not some home baked treats would be nice.
She had a heart attack last Sunday, they ended up doing the balloon procedure and a stent. Everything is set as far as her heart goes it just that she has an infection in her arm now and they can't release her until that clears up.

The Blind Side would be a great movie. I don't know if she owns it or not, but I can call her husband and find out. Actually, all of the movies you mentioned are probably good ones to get. I know several years ago it was #20 for racing but I have no clue if that has changed or not.

Diet restrictions will be that she needs to eliminate salt from her diet. I'm kind of surprised that she hasn't already since she has had heart problems all of her life. I guess the surgeries and the meds were enough before.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #976
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning.

We are having a Baked Potato Bar after evening service on Sunday and Darla and I need to go shopping for the stuff this afternoon. I so badly need to clean up my stamp room. I haven't wanted to stamp at all because everything is in such disarray, but every day there seems to be another priority.
I love baked potato bars. I like how easy they are to put out and everyone seems to be happy with it. Hopefully you'll still find some to work in your stamp room. Mine always seems to need attention but it is WAY SMALLER than what I had in ABQ.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #977
Stazon Splitcoast

R has an interview next week for a couple of positions. I guess we will hear in a month if we are moving this summer or not. I don't really know what to hope for. I'm content here, but this move would mean being less than an hour from most of his family (6-1/2 hrs. from his mom). We haven't been that close to family in 15 years.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #978
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

I worked 4 days this week I really should have gone in today too, but decided it will all wait until Monday.

Where is Mary???? Has anyone talked to her?

I have been doing laundry all day. Well with the exception of a Target run with my Ellen gift card and Panera with Lisa for lunch. I have decided that doing laundry wouldn't suck as much if we just all had fewer clothes.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #979
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Book on tape? I LOVED the one I told you about "Room" deck of cards or a handheld little game, journal? Little sketch pad?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #980
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Good morning. Long day ahead - all good stuff, but I had some tummy trouble and didn't sleep much last night. Sunday School (just started a new elective last week), church, nail appointment, groceries (out of everything or I wouldn't go today), back at church at 5:15 to work on the baked potato dinner and stay through clean up (usually around 8:30).

I wish I had Deborah's energy!!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #981
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
She had a heart attack last Sunday, they ended up doing the balloon procedure and a stent. Everything is set as far as her heart goes it just that she has an infection in her arm now and they can't release her until that clears up.

The Blind Side would be a great movie. I don't know if she owns it or not, but I can call her husband and find out. Actually, all of the movies you mentioned are probably good ones to get. I know several years ago it was #20 for racing but I have no clue if that has changed or not.

Diet restrictions will be that she needs to eliminate salt from her diet. I'm kind of surprised that she hasn't already since she has had heart problems all of her life. I guess the surgeries and the meds were enough before.

Did she get out of ICU? Is the infection getting better?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #982
Dirty Dozen Alumni

wsod

Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #983
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Did she get out of ICU? Is the infection getting better?
Still in ICU but should be going home tomorrow. She has to pass a sleep test tonight. I'm wondering how you sleep in a hospital. When I had the kids, I wanted out so I could go home and get rest. A baby wakes you up every few hours but they seem to wake you for some reason every hour in the hospital.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #984
Stazon Splitcoast

How did the potato bar go? You had a lot on your agenda today.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #985
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Three days? Really????

I was getting wsod the other day, so I got frustrated.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #986
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
How did the potato bar go? You had a lot on your agenda today.

The baked potato bar went really well. Everyone seemed to love it. I ended up coming home after Sunday school and skipping church because i wasn't feeling well. My nail appt got cancelled (not by me, but I was glad), so I got to rest a little. So thankful I felt better in time to be there for the dinner. I was exhasuted when I got home at 9pm!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #987
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The baked potato bar went really well. Everyone seemed to love it. I ended up coming home after Sunday school and skipping church because i wasn't feeling well. My nail appt got cancelled (not by me, but I was glad), so I got to rest a little. So thankful I felt better in time to be there for the dinner. I was exhasuted when I got home at 9pm!!!
I guess it all worked out. Hopefully you are still feeling well. Maybe you were over-extending yourself and needed some time to rest a little.

What do you have coming up?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #988
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Deborah - did you MIl get out of the hospital? What did you decide to mail to her?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #989
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
I guess it all worked out. Hopefully you are still feeling well. Maybe you were over-extending yourself and needed some time to rest a little.

What do you have coming up?
Yes - been feeling ok this week. So happy I didn't end up coming down with something. Too much going on. Friday is my stamp class. All my samples are done - YEA! Saturday is a girls lunch/baby shower, Sunday is church and a bday lunch for a friend. Saturday also my parents are moving their 5th wheel here and it needs to be cleaned out when it gets here. The following weekend is CHA and I'll be gone for 3 nights. Non-stop STUFF! Really not certain at this point that I'll make it to all the weekend stuff this weekend.

What do you have going on?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #990
Stazon Splitcoast

Jami was last Friday your class? How did it go, or what do you have planned if it is coming up?

ETA just read your last post. skip this.

Last edited by robbrd; 01-19-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #991
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Deborah - did you MIl get out of the hospital? What did you decide to mail to her?
She was able to go home on Monday. I guess the sleep test was for something else she mentioned she was having problems with and had nothing to do with the heart. I ended up sending every movie you suggested and Letters to Juliet, 27 Dresses and a couple others that were old (combo pack at Target) that I thought she would enjoy having. I sent a couple of magazines I thought she would enjoy, along with a cooking one she used to subscribe to but doesn't anymore since it is just her and her husband now.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #992
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes - been feeling ok this week. So happy I didn't end up coming down with something. Too much going on. Friday is my stamp class. All my samples are done - YEA! Saturday is a girls lunch/baby shower, Sunday is church and a bday lunch for a friend. Saturday also my parents are moving their 5th wheel here and it needs to be cleaned out when it gets here. The following weekend is CHA and I'll be gone for 3 nights. Non-stop STUFF! Really not certain at this point that I'll make it to all the weekend stuff this weekend.

What do you have going on?
Woohoo for having the samples done!! I'm thinking that is ahead of schedule but great to have one less thing to stress about. You have so much coming up, and mostly fun but all take some shopping or work too. Fun stuff!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #993
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
She was able to go home on Monday. I guess the sleep test was for something else she mentioned she was having problems with and had nothing to do with the heart. I ended up sending every movie you suggested and Letters to Juliet, 27 Dresses and a couple others that were old (combo pack at Target) that I thought she would enjoy having. I sent a couple of magazines I thought she would enjoy, along with a cooking one she used to subscribe to but doesn't anymore since it is just her and her husband now.
Glad to hear she got to go home. I bet she'll really appreciate the care package you sent!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #994
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Woohoo for having the samples done!! I'm thinking that is ahead of schedule but great to have one less thing to stress about. You have so much coming up, and mostly fun but all take some shopping or work too. Fun stuff!
Yes I'm excited that my samples are all done. I worked on a TE newsletter for most of today so I really wanted them done before today. Two of the 3 are attached here. Haven't gotten a photo of the 3rd card yet. Tomorrow I'm planning to bake Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies to serve at my class Friday. I made them a couple of weeks ago for a memorial service and they were super yummy. I have one more bag of the peppermint kisses.

You're right that most everything is fun, but takes prep/shopping/work/ENERGY!

I was up super early so I think I'm off ot bed now.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #995
Dirty Dozen Alumni

D'oh! I was really tired last night when I posted. I said I attached samples, but I didn't. Here they are...
Attached Thumbnails
valentine-class-1-jami-2011-medium-.jpg   valentine-class-2-jami-2011-medium-.jpg  

Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #996
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
D'oh! I was really tired last night when I posted. I said I attached samples, but I didn't. Here they are...
Both are fabulously beautiful. I really like the butterfly one.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #997
Stazon Splitcoast

I woke up at 5:15 today. My alarm is still set for 5:42 on the weekdays. It started raining around 5:30. I did went to the commissary to pick up some things I need for a meal I'm taking to a family tomorrow (they had a baby). I was thinking as I drove home today how nice the rain was compared to Saturday.

Saturday, it was cloudy when I took B to his friend's house. As we were pulling into their neighborhood, I commented on the layers of clouds and how the bottom layer was moving really fast. On my way home there was a major downpour. I'm not sure I've driven in rain so heavy before. Maybe. IDK. It was so heavy I could barely see the tail lights of the car in front of me. Some people pulled over, but I wanted to get home so I kept going. When I got home I found out that one of the twins was quite worried about me/us because we were out driving when there was a tornado warning. I didn't know. I guess funnel clouds were spotted north of us.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #998
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Still no Mary???
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #999
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejjackson View Post
Still no Mary???
I know.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #1000
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I e-mailed her, but haven't heard back yet.