Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2018, 03:52 PM   #3761
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have made, filled and wrapped hmmm 20 some odd mini coffee cups for the booth next month. ( I cannot reach with my bum wrist at the moment so, its time to go do something else.)

(walk since it stopped raining) and I dunno.

but, if it was me and I could swing it I would probably spring for a new mixer.

only other thought is if there is a used second hand store, would it be possible to find (yours) on a shelf in there with beaters in good shape that you could switch them out? and wait until your motor dies for a whole new one?

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Anemone likes this post.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #3762
CBC Lady Violet

Now that is an idea. There is actually a second hand store within walking distance of my house. I'll have to check it out.
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #3763
CBC Lady Violet

Ugh. Just waiting for my lemon pie to get out of the oven (meringue is baking) so I can go to bed.
All I can say is thank goodness tomorrow is just family. I can just about make lemon meringue and apple pie in my sleep. I have never had so much trouble with them before. My crust dough gave me tons of issues (same recipe I've been using for 30 years, and it came from my grandma, so has been in use much longer than that!), I had problems with my lemon filling and I had issues with my meringue also. Never taken me so many hours and had so many issues just to make 2 pies!
Old 10-07-2018, 04:27 AM   #3764
CBC Lady Violet

Ugh. You won't believe it. Packaging up my pies for transport and managed to drop the base of the container right on top of the lemon meringue and take a chunk out of it.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #3765
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh no, the pie or the container?
(hopefully you figured out a new way to get it there)

and Happy Thanksgiving Kelly!

My Blog
Old 10-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #3766
CBC Lady Violet

The pie got the chunck taken out of it.
Fortunately, it did survive enough to be edible, and it actually tasted ok and more than 3/4 of it got eaten at dinner, so it clearly wasn't all bad. LOL!
I am soooooooo............ looking forward to the day off tomorrow. I do not have to go anywhere and can just veg.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #3767
CBC Lady Violet

Old 10-08-2018, 07:17 AM   #3768
CBC Lady Violet

Well, I did change out of my pjs so far this morning - but only into yoga pants and a super-soft comfy shirt. LOL! At least I will be able to say that I got dressed!
We were discussing plans for today yesterday, and when I said that I planned to stay in my pjs all day I was very officiously told that wasn't healthy and that it was going to be such a gorgeous day today and I should go out and talk a nice walk and enjoy the weather and get some exercise.
Yeah, about that - grey, overcast, very windy, 7C (about 44F), and supposed to be raining by this afternoon (with the rain continuing until Thursday). Not exactly what I would call "nice" weather to go out walking in.
Anyway, I've no intention of going out - my day off, I am going to do what I like! Which so far has involved sleeping in and eating apple pie (hey, it's a fruit! ) for breakfast. Digging into the needlework now, but wondering if it is bad that I am already contemplating a nap...........
Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #3769
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello from Crete...tomorrow Athens....1 week to go and home...eek. Happy October and creating. Hope you are all well. Take care and hugs jx
Anemone and JBgreendawn like this post.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #3770
CBC Lady Violet

Hope you have been having a fabulous time Jayne!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #3771
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

HI Jayne I was just thinking about you the other day. safe travels!

My Blog
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #3772
CBC Lady Violet

Well, I certainly didn't see THAT ending coming on NCIS. Creepy!
lesliespringer likes this post.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #3773
CBC Lady Violet

Oh dear........ dude downstairs is in a mood. Lots of shouting (and of course every other word the F-word) and now he is slamming doors. Oy. Hopefully it does not last long. I believe he is shouting at the dog, although I'm not certain. It is quite a small dog, so I am not certain that bellowing at it at the top of one's lungs is really the most effective way to deal with it......

I is all purty now. Had a much overdue hair appointment this evening. I keep telling my stylist that I need a pocket version of her to take home with me so that my hair can actually look good every morning!

Am a bit annoyed at the moment though. I finally placed my amazon order (and promptly remembered one of the things I wanted to add to my order about 2 minutes after I checked out ) the other day. I got a delivery notification about a half hour ago saying it could be delivered anytime in the next 3 hours - which means any time until 10pm. That is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too late to be doing deliveries (unless one has specifically ordered fast food). I have to be up between 5 & 5:30 in the am, and have been going to bed by 9. So sometimes I've been asleep an hour by then! Not only do I have to stay up, but I can't even change into my jammies, since I have to go down and answer the door.......
Seriously, I would much rather wait 1 more day to get my delivery than to have to be ready to take in a parcel at 10pm......... I could MAYBE understand it if it was the week before Christmas, but no need for this at the beginning of October.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #3774
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening.

Kelly, so sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoyed our day off.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #3775
CBC Lady Violet

Well, at least my package arrived before 9pm. Thank goodness.

Crazy weather here. Last night I had to run the fan in order to be able to sleep - too hot otherwise.
Tonight I've had to turn on the space heater, otherwise I am shivering........
Old 10-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #3776
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Evening.

Kelly, so sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoyed our day off.

I did! I really did nothing exciting, but the day of pure relaxation was just really nice to have. I did nothing other than read, watch tv, play on the internet, nap & do needlework. It was exactly what my mind & body needed.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #3777
CBC Lady Violet

Seriously people, way too early. At least 1 house on my street and 2 units in the apartment building a couple blocks behind me have already started turning their Christmas lights on already!

I know it is after Thanksgiving, but most of the leaves haven't even turned yet for goodness' sake. I love Cmas as much as the next person, but this is just way too early.

And yes, I am still up. Have fallen asleep 3 times only to be startled awake by dude downstairs shouting...... *sigh*
Old 10-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #3778
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ah, the leaves are turning here.

but, the funny thing is most of the stores ( even M's) do not have their Christmas out yet... they must have heard people complaining about it hitting the shelves during the summer.

I find this fairly funny as if you are a newbie crafter and doing say craft fairs this season you are screwed for getting supplies to get things done. ( at least I have a stash to work with whew!)

My Blog
Old 10-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #3779
CBC Lady Violet

Yeah, I would say the Micheals here had their Christmas stuff out later than usual. Even last week when I was there, there was a lot less out than when they go full-out Christmas. Other than ribbon, some fake floral stuff, and "home decor" pieces, there really wasn't much Christmas stuff out. Seasonal parts of the store were pretty much filled with Halloween stuff.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #3780
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ours has zero last week, I have not looked this week yet, but the email I had from them this morning said they expect to have Christmas arrive on the 19th of Oct...

( I am specifically hunting the 8" Tim Holtz paper pads)

My Blog
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #3781
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and paying shipping on paper is not fun.

My Blog
Anemone likes this post.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #3782
CBC Lady Violet

Accomplished very little yesterday! Woke up earlyish, had some breakfast while puttering about on the computer and such. By 9am I was sleepy, so took a nap! I'd have held off until the afternon for the nap, but lilbro2 was racing yesterday and his race started about 1ish my time and I knew wouldn't finish until into the evening, so I knew I wouldn't want to nap then. Didn't plan it at all, but it turns out that my morning nap extended until about 10 minutes before his start time, so I woke up at almost the perfect time. Should have really accomplished some needlework or something while tracking him on his race, but never did. Spent a lot of time texting with family members about said race and other than that just read in-between. Waiting on official results and confirmation from lilbro2, but it appears from the unofficial results that he did well.
Have had a headache all day, so really haven't done much today except try to get rid of it. Have had quite a few headaches lately, so have been trying to limit my screen time and make sure I am keeping hydrated in hopes of preventing them.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:42 AM   #3783
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday..sitting at Venice airport waiting to board our first flight........6 hrs to Dhubai and then another 11 hrs to home. We will be going for 30+ hours by the time we get into our bed...eek....and will be Tuesday evening.

Kelly, we've had an amazing trip and enjoyed it all...we have experienced so many things, seen so many sights...it's been sensory overload and we know how fortunate we have been. Back to reality now but looking forward to it. Met a lot of nice Canadians and Americans as we travelled.

Thanks Stacy....will be back soon and back chatting. Not looking forward to housework and cooking...lol.

Take care and hope everyone is well jx
Anemone, lesliespringer and JBgreendawn like this post.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #3784
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Jayne, I bet it was sensory overload. And what a long flight home, but at least you'll be home.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #3785
Rubber Obsessor

Did you ever use your Copic colorless blender and get frustrated as it is not working too well, and then you decide to remove both nibs and find it is totally dry! LOLOLOL uhhhh yah...
Color me the dumb one. LOLOLOL ok ordering some refill.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:45 AM   #3786
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well, no but I tend to not use that one. however every time I try to do some sky or water YES. seems like I can never keep those colors full.

(I think that is why I started doing a little bit of water coloring on the outsides of things because,it is easier to cover a background that way.)

My Blog
Old 10-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #3787
CBC Lady Violet

ROFL! McGee just totally made me LOL on NCIS!
Old 10-18-2018, 06:12 PM   #3788
CBC Lady Violet

has been me all day. I got a chill right after I got out of the shower this morning. Although I layered up, we had very strong, very cold winds today, and then waiting for the bus for a half hour this morning, I got chilled through. Got to the office, and put the kettle on to make a hot drink. The hot chocolate did warm me up a little, but my office was sooooooooo cold! Wore my sweater and we turned on the space heater, so it got warm enough that my teeth weren't chattering, but I never actually got warm. Then had to come home in those winds again. Am now sitting in my comfy chair, with my space heater blowing directly on my, and wrapped up in blankets. Am actually contemplating crawling into bed for the night and just layering up all the blankets just to get warmed through. As soon as I am not buried in the blankets in front of the heat (ie running to the washroom), I end up shivering to the point my teeth are chattering. I just hope I am not coming down with something, because I have plans tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #3789
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well, I am hoping you are feeling better.

It's been nice here during the day. ( cold at night) but, it warms up.

My Blog
Old 10-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #3790
CBC Lady Violet

I am actually! I did crawl off to lay on the couch and watch tv about 5 minutes after that post. I piled on the blankets (4 of them!) and turned the space heater to be going full blast at my feet (I find it my feet are warm or cold, the rest of me seems to get warm or cold). I must have eventually got toasty warm, because I drifted off to sleep. At some point during the night I must have been VERY toasty warm, because I had thrown off 3 of the 4 blankets. Had a nice sleep in this morning, as I had the day off from work. I had been invited to spend the day with my brother's family and we did touristy things in our own city and had a nice day out. It was a bit cold when we set out this morning, but warmed up and ended up being a very nice day. I came home and had a bit of a nap (all that walking in the fresh air LOL!) and then put myself into a food coma eating up the last of the yummy sketti all saucy and cheesy. Haven't had it in several months and all of a sudden the last couple weeks I am obsessed with it. Been lazy since and have been watching my Friday night shows with my feet up and doing nothing else.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:03 AM   #3791
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday and hope you are all going ok.

Still slightly jet lagged and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on cleaning inside and have the outside still to finish...it has been horrendous coming back to 4 months of sand/weeds outside and blocked drains, etc, etc....you will get the picture. Having a young son who basically slept, cooked, worked, slept, cooked, worked hasn't helped matters...mmmm!

Not sure when I will get back to creating...watch this space. I have stuffed my lower back on the flight home sitting awkwardly and can't sit for long periods at present. Slowly coming good.

Have fun whatever you are doing.
Anemone likes this post.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #3792
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Ooh that must be a lot to get caught up on Jayne, hopefully your back starts relaxing as the house comes back into shape too. ( soon )

My Blog
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #3793
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

knock knock (peeking in). I am still alive. It's been a LONG two months. I passed the kidney stone two weeks before school started. Two weeks after school started I had a CT scan scheduled for my kidneys (was a thursday). On Wednesday I started having diarrhea (maybe TMI- sorry). I have since had diarrhea for 8 1/2 weeks now. I had the CT scan as scheduled and my kidneys are completely clear- like absolutely NOTHING in them- no stones, nothing SO- not sure where my spongey kidneys went but hey- it's good now! About 4 weeks in I finally stopped at our clinic because I end up playing phone tag with them and they got me in right away- ordered blood tests, as well as the results from my CT scan. She called me with my results- all my bloodwork was fine. But the CT scan showed a large cyst on my ovary and they wanted it followed up on (nobody bothered to call me on that one- I was perturbed). She said 3 cm but the paper actually said 8 cm when I read the report (I think it got messed up in the faxing- which happens when it's not an original). So, October 3 I had a pelvic ultrasound done to follow up and October 11 I had an full abdominal ultrasound to see if they could figure out the reason for the GI issues. The abdom. came back fine so now I have been referred to a GI dr. I can't get an appointment until January but I can call this Thursday at 8:00 to see if I can possibly get in on Friday afternoon. If I can't I have to call my clinic to have them order me a colonoscopy so that it gets done before I go in and they can move faster at that point. The pelvic us came back with two cysts on my right ovary- one is 4 cm and one is 4.8 cm. I THINK (this is my opinion) that the CT scan saw them as a big cyst and they are probably close enough together that they looked like- because if you add up the sizes it makes it 8 cm. I have a gyn appt for Thursday (which was already scheduled) and have been ordered to keep it no matter what. I was reading my report and they can't determine if its a functional cyst or a solid mass which has me a bit freaked out but am walking out my trust right now. Oh and in the midst of that- I also had a bladder infection so they put me on two antibiotics to try to kick that out as well as if the diarrhea was caused by bacteria (they were still waiting on results). I ended up having a sun reaction with one and the other had a TINY bit of sulfa in it so when I finished all the dosage it came out- in hives- because I am allergic to sulfa. There is so little sulfa that it should not make any difference. And, on Friday- I lost my voice and am on Day 3 of NO voice and it's not even trying to come back so tomorrow could feasibly be day 4. We are 50 days into the school year and I am DONE.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #3794
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh my gosh Tami ((( HUGS )))

Holy cow girl that is a lot on your plate at once. I hope the dr. visit goes well and they figure out how to get rid of some of these symptoms while they are waiting on figuring out the rest of it all.

and your kids do not walk all over you tomorrow if they can claim "teacher deaf"

(do you have an aid?)

My Blog
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:05 PM   #3795

Well, I didn't have a voice on Friday and all but one did well. We have a permanent sub in our building and she didn't have a place to sub on Friday so she was in my room all day. She was my voice. I had been out at two days of training on Tuesday and Wednesday and I didn't want to take another day on Friday when I knew I would be out this coming Thursday. We do have a Kindergarten aide but we share her. IF I have no voice tomorrow and the sub is elsewhere then she will have to be in my room as much as possible.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #3796

It's tried to come back off and on tonight (I have to talk to myself to find out LOL) but I can't talk for too long or it goes away again.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #3797

needless to say that's why I haven't been around as much
Old 10-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #3798
CBC Lady Violet

(((Tami))) So sorry to hear this! I hope they are able to give you a diagnosis and treatment quickly.
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:05 AM   #3799
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Tami...what a lot to go through. Be careful with the cysts. I had one burst a couple of years ago and was very sick. Hope they get to the bottom of it all and you recover properly soon.

Good to be back ladies and my back is coming good....finally. I've been popping anti-inflammatories and doing my strengthening exercises and finally no twinges. I think reality got me LOL.

Happy Monday
Old 10-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #3800
CBC Lady Violet

Ahhhhhh........... finally sitting down with my feet up. Really long day at work.
But............... today is my Friday.