Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #2521
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post
Just read Sweet Petunia is suing Tonic again. Including wording of loss of sale and possible company failure.

Glad I got my Tonic stamp positioner back during the summer. Saved $20 and I love it. Only took me 3 years to break down and buy one.

So do you think she will sue Stampin Up!? even though their stamp positioner has not been released but pre orders are going in??

Maybe if she lowered her price she would not have so many problems?
I didn't know she had sued them before.
She had to know once she came out with the Misti that other companies would try to compete & come out with something similar.
I know next to nothing about patent law, but what I have read and how I understand what I have read seems to me that even if you have a patent, it only protects you to a certain extent. As I understand it, if you can make a similar product, but with an appreciable difference, then it doesn't violate patent - ie if you made one device and patented it, and then I made something that did the same thing, but I added gridlines and a magnetic plate and magnets, then mine is different enough to not violate the patent.
I also have no idea how a US patent would affect the international market. Ie if a company was international & developed the product outside of the US.
Another thing that I wonder about is the fact that the MISTI was on the market for quite a while before the patent was granted. If another company marketed a similar tool after MISTI came on the market, but BEFORE they were granted patent, then how would that play into things? Can you violate a patent if the patent doesn't exist yet when your product hits the market?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:25 AM   #2522
CBC Lady Violet

Who exactly is going to buy &wear these things? I can't even see teenagers who are totally into the latest fashion trend going for these. The Ragged Priest Is Selling Buttless Jeans [Video]
Not to mention I wonder if they could get you arrested for public indecency?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #2523
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have been down for the count with the flu.

Kelly, I am so freakin' sorry Chickie. ((( HUGS )))

(Hey Tami, PM your address out?) I hope you enjoy this, the whole process. ( maybe not the sore muscles) but, the nesting and the freedom to do what ever of having your own space again.

Okay, I have 2 misti's and I was given a tim holtz one.
the Misti is easier to use.
hands down
the tim holtz one I am awkward with closing the lid, because that system you have to flip the lid over to which thickness of stamps you use. so, its not seamless its a jerky stop and start and mostly stop process for me.

with a Misti, you just remove the foam pad if you are using foam covered cling rubber. its easy peasy.
the hinges move beautifully.

I thought they would be very similar and thought I wanted the TH one because, of the landscape of it.

I am going to save up my money and get one of the scrap versions of the Misti so I can put completed cards ( open ) on it and add sentiments without bending my card I think. ( someday)

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #2524
CBC Lady Violet

I haven't bought a Misti or any similar product (I believe there are 2 other companies that had similar items on the market), so it is interesting to hear your comments. My Mom has a Misti, though I've not really played with it to see how I like it. I should do that one day when I am at her place.
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #2525
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #2526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I actually slept a 5 hour chunk of time last night and am almost feeling like a human bean

My Blog
lesliespringer likes this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #2527
CBC Lady Violet

Oh I know that feeling! I had a terrible time sleeping at the beginning of the week, and was so grateful on Thursday night when I slept for 5 hours without waking.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #2528
CBC Lady Violet

Man, I love my skating, but after yesterday, I am tired! They used to spread the event over several days - usually Wed-Sunday. A couple years ago, because it was "better for tv", they switched to doing all the short programs on Friday and all the long programs on Saturday. Which makes Saturday a ridiculously long day - usually like 12 hours straight with no break. I watched it all last year as a spectator in the arena and it was brutal. Did it yesterday bia online stream & tv and it wasn't much better. It is just too much all at once if you want to see everybody. I know why a lot of people don't bother watching all the lower level skaters on the online stream and only watch the upper level ones they show on tv. The tv coverage is only 5-6 hours worth, and is borken up into 2 chunks with 1.5-2 hours break in-between chunks. Which is much more reasonable.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #2529
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I think I would watch the top people if that is how they play them that would totally just make you hurt to sit still that long.

is it possible to tape it on a dvr?

My Blog
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #2530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I made a card.
a CASED fs card lol
and that makes me ready to go back to bed lol... and today has been a really good day. got laundry done, changed the sheets etc.

My Blog
Old 01-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #2531
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
I think I would watch the top people if that is how they play them that would totally just make you hurt to sit still that long.

is it possible to tape it on a dvr?
The tv stuff yes, the online stream stuff no. They do post the online stream stuff online later, and you can go back and watch it at your leisure.
But........ if you want to see it on an "as it happens" basis, with all the drama of who will win etc, then you have to watch it live right?
I did actually have one leg that was sore by the end of the day, although because I was at home it was easy to get up and walk around & stretch a bit during the ice cleaning and stuff. At one point I did get on my bike a couple times for a couple of minutes just to get my leg muscles moving and relieve some of the stiffness.
The other thing I found was that my eyes were really tired from looking at a screen fro that long. I took a couple hours out this afternoon and turned off all the screens (well, I did have the tv on, but I turned it to the classicl music station so I was just listening to music, not actually watching anything), and I'm going to have to call it a night from the screens soon for the evening. I just took something in the last half hour or so to deal with the headache I've got going on - I'm convinced it is the screen staring, since the headache is centered mostly right behind my eyes and at my temples.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #2532
CBC Lady Violet

I need to go shopping for birthday gifts in the next week or so, and get some cards made - SIL3 & Grasshopper's birthdays toward the end of this month.

*sigh* Might have to go mattress shopping soon. Not sure yet. There is nothing wrong with my mattress in the sense that it is not broken, does not have holes etc. But I am becoming more convinced that it is not the right mattress for me. My parents gave it to me, and I was never able to completely stretch out on my back on it and be comfortable sleeping that way all night. I'd always wake up in a couple of hours and have a sore/stiff lower back. I'm one of those weird people that doesn't always sleep in the same position - I probably sleep on one side about 40% of the time, my back 30% of the time, the other side 20% of the time, and my stomach 10% of the time. It just depends on what my body "feels" like that night LOL! But lately even sleeping on my side, I seem to end up with my hips being a bit sore. I don't like my mattress too hard, and I am thinking that might be the problem. I sometimes will curl up on the couch with a blanket on Friday or Saturday night and watch tv. Sometimes I fall asleep doing that, and just end up spending the night on the couch. I've done that a couple times lately, and notice I seem to be sleeping better, staying asleep longer, waking up far fewer times in the night, and getting up more rested when I fall asleep on the couch. Which is softer than the mattress. Not 100% sure that is it, as with it being mostly Fri/Sat I do that, it could just be I am more relaxed in general. Still pondering this and if there is a cheaper way to "fix" this than having to go out and buy a whole new mattress set.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #2533
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

stacy remind me tomorrow to pm my address. I don't have school tomorrow due to MLK but am thinking I may head to bed soon (which is kind of sad since I took a nap this afternoon).
Old 01-15-2018, 02:12 AM   #2534
CBC Lady Violet

Ugh. Feel like a walking zombie this morning. I didn't get to bed as early as I was intending, although it wasn't that late either.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #2535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

a mattress that suits you is priceless.

if you seriously start shopping around, try for a place that lets you sleep on it with a return policy for so long so you are positive about it.

I loved mine in the store, but it was hard to adjust to when we first got it home because, it was softer than the old one and it "cradles" you, so, that made it feel like it was harder to roll over.

no one sleeps in the same place all night, you just find it easier to fall asleep one way and probably a lot of the time wake up in that same position because, its your favorite.

we laugh every time we see the sleep number bed commercials and the bed raises if one person snores or not... ( my mom and step dad have that kind and they love it)
but, we have something called an Icomfort. ( which was supposed to be "better" than a what ever the other one is I forgot the name the other one has lots of tv commercials here too.)

My Blog
Old 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #2536
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

So I read an article on FB a couple of days ago. That all the time people spend on FB you could read 200books in one year.

So I decided to check out how many books I read and listened to. Since I found the text to speech tab by accident, and learned about audio books. Total was 16 books. I guess that is not bad, actually I am pretty proud of that number. Then I checked how many I read in 2016. Only 6 books, because of my eyes.

Also my new year's resolution is spend way less time on fb and stop playing fb games. Yep I love bingo what can I say. But if I play bingo to long my eyes get blurry.

Actually my eyes have been pretty good lately.

The other thing I have to do is spend more time training my dog. She is a stubborn girl and only listens to me when I have the training lead on her.

Also I am going to go through all my PIFing stamps and decide what to sell. I can't color small lined images because it's hard to focus even on good eye days. I need bigger images to color.

First to go through are my house mouse, bunny and gruffies stamps. But thinking of stamping some images of each before selling, just in case kwim.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
FOR SALE
Old 01-16-2018, 01:56 AM   #2537
CBC Lady Violet

Stamping some images before you sell seems like a good idea.

That FB article seems interesting. It is sorta one of the biggest reasons I have never set up a fb account - I am afraid of the timesuck it would become for me. Between message boards for all my hobbies, news, email etc, I already spend a ridiculous amount of time online . I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was enough time for me to read another book a week. I am already trying to spend a little less time online, and I am sure fb would just sabotage that.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:35 AM   #2538
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I generally have my kindle in my lap at night when hubs is watching tv I read if it turns out interesting it stays closed if it has 9 million and one commercials it gets flipped open. I read a lot. and I hardly ever turn fb on. so, that does not surprise me it seems a lot of hubs family lives on fb.
(oh, and other "stalk-y" family members so, its easy for me to not turn it on)

yep, same deal for me I have a whole bunch of the original stamping bella's that I dont even know their names and some PB and some other things I bought just because of the PIF / Wishrak threads and I really could let go of some of them.

but, I am still working on the sentiments, I probably should get back to that but. It's not like I have to do this I just find it more convenient to use them having all words on the same place to look.

My Blog
Old 01-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #2539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Leslie... if this particular house mouse stamp is in your get rid of it pile holler

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270356783859717778/

My Blog
Old 01-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #2540
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Leslie... if this particular house mouse stamp is in your get rid of it pile holler

House Mouse 'The Need for Caffeine' Wood-mounted Rubber Stamp | Studio Wish List | Pinterest | House mouse, Caffeine and Woods

Sorry don't have that one.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

FOR SALE
Old 01-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #2541
Forum Fanatic

Evening Chicks! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and the new year is going well. Kelly, I saw purple Peeps in the store yesterday and thought of you.

https://momomakes.com
Old 01-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #2542
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Had the day off for my grandmother's funeral yesterday. It was nice in that it wasn't really a sad one, but more a celebration of a life well-lived. I actually did better during the service than I thought I would - packed two of those purse packets of tissues, and ended up using only one tissue LOL! Nearly had a nasty injury though. Very narrow centre aisle in the church, and I was a pallbearer. Some foolish person put their purse in the aisle. Not only did I trip on the purse and nearly go flying, my foot/ankle then got caught in the should strap. I was frantically shaking my foot to get out of it so I didn't have to halt the procession. Saw lots of extended family that I don't see often. And then I fell apart after I got home. I had a bit of a nap after that, which is probably a good thing, because I didn't sleep well the night before, and I ended up not sleeping well last night either. Lots of nightmares & sudden startling awake etc. Hoping for a resonably night's sleep tonight - would be nice to get at least a solid 6 hours.
Kelly, so sorry for your loss.

https://momomakes.com
Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #2543
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
Evening Chicks! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and the new year is going well. Kelly, I saw purple Peeps in the store yesterday and thought of you.
LOL! They are actually somewhat hard to find here. It feels like there were peeps everywhere around Easter when I was a kid, and that there were chicks and bunnies in every colour. Even when I lived in TO, they seemed to be everywhere, and it wasn't that hard at other holidays to find the Christmas, Valentine's, Thanksgiving etc ones. These days, I'm lucky if I find both yellow chicks and any colour of bunnies in wal-mart, and yellow chicks in any other store. And I for sure did not find Christmas ones anywhere this year.
Although my "sweet tooth" seems to be getting less sweet the last couple of years. Stuff I used to eat even only a few years ago I find too sweet. I used to be able to definitely eat more than one peep in a row without an issue, but these days only 1 or 2 peeps in a row and I'm done until another time.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #2544
Stazon Splitcoast

I have lots of House Mouse, Gruffies and bunnies images from our pif'ing time plus I am selling my HM, Gruffies and bunnies stamps.

If anyone is interested to see what I have pm me your cell number and I will text you the pic of images and stamps I have.

Just thought I would let you all have first dibs before I post to the buy/sell thread.

FOR SALE
Anemone and JBgreendawn like this post.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #2545
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ha, you think? ( I have been going to have a yard sale for 2 years running now)
boxes are stacked in the barn.

hubs says... this is the year though...
I am putting the stamps at last to sort through though because, I do not want them to go through weather changes in the barn. ( what's out there now is house hold things, china crystal etc.) (things that survived the fire lol)

My Blog
Old 01-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #2546
CBC Lady Violet

*sigh* I like the house mousies, and I like a lot of the PB headgies etc. and I drool over the stamps. But what I am learning is that I am very, very bad at colouring them to look decent......... which is not exactly helpful!
Old 01-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #2547
CBC Lady Violet

Interesting. Ijust saw an ad that TLC is bringing back the Trading Spaces show. That is one of the shows that I watched when the network first debuted! I had been watching the British version which aired on a channel here for a number of years before TLC did the American version. I will be interested to see how this one turns out. Though it will be a while - I think the ad said something like April?
Old 01-18-2018, 06:36 AM   #2548
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

what I have found is I like putting down a layer of marker first then shading with pencils.

Like on hedgehogs. where they have so much open space. and I have even started using my zig, su and other water based markers to do it. scribbling them on things and picking up the color with aqua brushes. its not so precise. and its OK I like how they turn out. and the truth of it is, its all just practice.

grab those stacks of images that make you go what? why do I have this and practice on them and toss them in the bin?

My Blog
Old 01-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #2549
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
what I have found is I like putting down a layer of marker first then shading with pencils.

Like on hedgehogs. where they have so much open space. and I have even started using my zig, su and other water based markers to do it. scribbling them on things and picking up the color with aqua brushes. its not so precise. and its OK I like how they turn out. and the truth of it is, its all just practice.

grab those stacks of images that make you go what? why do I have this and practice on them and toss them in the bin?
it's just that these images are so tiny to color my hands sometimes are not that steady. But that's not the problem, even on good eye days it's still hard to keep inside the lines.

Plus with the mouse and gruffies, I can't use copics because they just don't look right, I have to use watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I do have zig watercolor markers, but I don't know if they will work until I use them.

Don't know what kind of ink was used to stamp the images until I try a medium and see if it works. Think I will hold on to the images for a while if there are no takes, but decided not to stamp images of the ones I am going to sell.

FOR SALE
Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #2550
Stazon Splitcoast

These stamps are just so cute it kills me to get rid of them, but I don't use them and I have had them for like forever. I really don't do cutesy to much any more. And some of these stamps have been well loved and I can't remember all of the people I have made cards for with these images.

Nothing like giving the same person cards multiple times with the same image on them

FOR SALE
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #2551
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Yes I have had that thought many times mostly with Christmas cards because I do so many OOAK ones that I wonder some days if I am repeating myself with some people I bought certain stamps with...

and then I tell my self what the heck the farther you go along with this the better you get so really they are not the same card or coloring images or what not. you know what I mean?

but, for me I think I want to narrow down the images to ones I really want to color again ( and again ) the ones where I bought them did it once and was over it are the ones that maybe be easier to let go of. I have some I bought just to do cards for Ren Faires and I have not went to one of those in years... some of the stamps I love and some I bought just to have a better variety in the basket.

My Blog
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #2552
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh and I had to get bigger bi-focals in the last glasses RX that and a very sharp tip on my pencils is all that is keeping me in the lines anymore.

My Blog
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #2553
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually I like my copics better than watercolor pencils and a blender pen.

I really like my zig watercolor markers but I have to practice more with them.

Ya right who has time to practice. When I make a card I got to get it done, it takes me so long to make one card.

Seriously this christmas I decided to "go out of the box" and made hubby, dd and ds shaker cards. I think I spent more time looking for dies to fight the images I wanted to use and lining up the stinking foam tape on the card than it took me to color the image and plan a layout!

They were a big hit but I told them don't expect another shaker card for a very long time

Just posted my sell thread for the gruffies, happy hoppers and HM stamps.

Next I am going through the old Flourishes company sets. I have a few flower sets that are to small for me to color. I go to PowerPoppy and get the flower digis. I really like that I can resize these flower digis.

Then whipper snapper and some penny black. Saving my favorites and selling those old pif'ing stamps.

Oh and my old SU sets. Don't think they will sell, might just offer free but buyer pay postage or just donate to the the Air Force base thrift store. Might try to commission them first to see if I can profit anything from these old stamps. If they don't sell then I will just leave them there for donation.

I am actually thinking of not going to the July stamp convention. I saw that ODBD have two new bird stamps out which I love but they are christmas themed. I don't need any more christmas stamps. They are my downfall but I don't make enough christmas cards. I am only sending to family members and some friends. Didn't get all cards out this year I wanted to. But I did send out like 35ish card but only received maybe 15 cards.

And this year only one family member sent an yearly update through email. Usually receive 3-4 of these a year.

But with stamps going up to .50 cents each now.....

FOR SALE
Old 01-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #2554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I think I received maybe two more cards that I had not sent one to them first? something like that, but I tend to make extras for that kind of thing and I just pop their address on an envelope after. and none of mine came back to me this year which is good. ( sometimes when you pay 2.50 for postage that is a big not fun to find it in your own mailbox again )

I have shaker dies, so I have made some of them into the shakers and intend to look at my stamps to see what might fit into them. I think the bitty Hero Arts scene's will.
and I really like playing with them. I even made one with the window covering to be tulle and that was pretty easy too. ( I mostly made mine into tags though not cards)

My Blog
Old 01-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #2555
CBC Lady Violet

Stamps at .50 sound like a bargain to me! Within country mail here is .85, to the US is 1.20, and any country other than US 2.50!
And that is for a single letter envelope!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #2556
Stazon Splitcoast

Leslie, do you have an HM with the popcorn? And the jelly bean ones? I think those are the only ones I like to make cards with.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #2557
CBC Lady Violet

I actually didn't manage to get out any Christmas cards this year, other than the nieces & nephews. So bad of me, but I was just so frantically working on the stitching stuff for the kidlets, plus overtime at work, that there just weren't enough hours in the day. Speaking of which, I've gotten home before 7pm only two days in the past two weeks, and one of those was the day of the funeral, and th eother a day I had booked part of the day off. My workload has just suddenly exploded. Frantically trying to not only get it under control, but get ahead before I some time off I have coming up.
That, and having absolutely lost my mind, I've registered for classes again. Unfortunately, it is not something I can take online, so I am now committed to having to go to the local college every Mon/Wed for class from 6-8:30pm. I want the course info, but not looking forward to having to trek to class & having two really late night (probably won't get home until 9:30/10ish) a week. Or the homework. Timing of my work & the class, plus their location relative to my house means I don't have enough time to go home after work & grab dinner & then head to class. Will have to take lunch & dinner with me those days, and then either kill time studying in my office at work or go to the college & kill time studying there. It is a multi-level program, but I saved myself quite a bit of $$$ by taking their placement test & testing out of levels 1 & 2. I start level 3 on Monday. This course round only lasts until mid-March, so not too long. I'll see how this one goes before I sign up for anything further.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #2558
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm also looking for the SU set Loving Memories, Calla Lilies, With Sympathy, and two other sentiments. I mostly want the With Sympathy. I love that font and my pif's are almost gone.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #2559
CBC Lady Violet

Hey chickies - I need a 2nd opinion. So I am going to stitch this pattern: My Big Toe Designs The Names of Jesus - Cross Stitch Pattern - 123Stitch.com for the parentals.
I like the cranberry colour: The Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Cranberry - 123Stitch.com and am going to use it as called for.
I do NOT like the combination of that brown with the cranberry, and am going to use this navy blue instead: The Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Midnight - 123Stitch.com
Just trying to decide what fabric I want to stitch it on. I do already have a piece of plain white, but thinking that might be a bit stark.
There is this really nice cream: Wichelt 32 Count Cream Lugana Fabric 27x36 - 123Stitch.com
or this kind of "natural" colour: Wichelt 32 Count Lambswool Jobelan Evenweave Fabric 27x36 - 123Stitch.com
The stitching store also suggested that if I wanted something with a "different" look, that I try this fabric: Wichelt 32 Count Silvery Moon Lugana Fabric 27x36 - 123Stitch.com
I want to order tonight, because a)our dollar has been going up lately, and right now our exchange rate is higher than it has been in a while, and b)I want to get a good start on it when Ihave time off in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #2560
Stazon Splitcoast

Things are gearing up downtown for the upcoming Super Bowl LII. They've started closing off streets to reline them with an extra lane. Luckily I don't have to head that way but I know a few people working downtown.