Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
New Mommy

Default ***Misfit Monday (8-1-17)***

Happy August!

Preston starts 1st grade in 2 weeks. I can't believe he'll be gone all day! I missed him so much last year and he was only in school for 3 hours. Big change for both of us. He's excited about going back.

We've been enjoying our summer - activities, parks, play dates, pools and hikes. We joined a local rock painting group and have enjoyed painting/hiding/finding rocks around town. They are everywhere! He found an amazing Star Wars rock the other day that he said he's "keeping forever".

Hi to all!
caterinafmig, smileyj and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wow, Jennifer, hard to believe Preston will be in first grade already. How the time flies! Love all the pictures of the activities you have shared on FB. Maybe you could share a few here.

Thanks again for starting the new thread... summer is going by too fast.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gail Russell likes this post.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had a nasty rain storm again yesterday. This time the storm caused us to lose power but fortunately it was not for very long.

Alexander's girlfriend drove 30 hours to see Alexander only stopping when absolutely necessary. She drove while her mom slept and vice versa. Btw, Jennifer, Alexander's orders got changed. He will not be going to Ft. Carson where he wanted to go. They now have him going to Ft. Hood.... he was so looking forward to going to Ft. Carson and get away from the heat of the south.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Busy week! I had a hearing test, foot care, groceries and lots of card making. I made the cutest card in a box. You take the lid off and the stripe of paper joins the two parts of the box. It is now in my gallery. Love to show you more pics but alas it is not working for me. I got the cutest truck on a garden stake from Michaels and a pillow that says GRATEFUL. I am GRATEFUL for so many things in my life.
jor, caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies- life has been a bit over the top.
I just read all the posts.
Jennifer- It is odd to think Preston is in 1st grade.
Caterina- Great picture of Alexander! he looks so grown-up. My nephew just left Fort Hood. He is in Louisiana.
Joanne- when are you going on vacation?
Gail- Sorry about not being able to post pictures.
I went to Chicago with two of my sisters. My oldest brother and his wife live near there. We visited a few places including going on a boat ride in Lake Michigan. It sure is a much calmer lake than Superior.
I go back to work Aug 15th. Way toooooo soon!

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold took me to the National Harbor (about an hour away) got a great table by the window with a lovely view. However, by the time we left, my gastro stuff acted up big time. By the time we got home, I was miserable and had a good cry. Bless my husband who comforted me and prayed. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful guy.
Gail Russell likes this post.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry Cat your day was spoiled. It is hard to live with something like that. I'm having a hard time getting around these days. I keep going but it is the joy of getting older.

The weather has been crazy for the last few days. Warm and muggy and rained bucket rain every night at 6pm. Starting to put a few fallish things out in the house and garden.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gail, gastroparesis is a challenge along with other stomach/bowel problems... some days are a bit better than others. Found a support group on facebook recently and my heart so breaks for the younger members in the group that already are on feeding tubes and/or hospice.

Alexander's girlfriend went down to visit him at Ft. Sam and making arrangements to move down to Texas. Thought this was such a sweet picture of the two of them.
Attached Thumbnails
kaylynn-alexander-august-2017.jpg  
jkincolorado, smileyj and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

That is a nice picture!

No-one can truly understand until they walk in your shoes. Sorry for the daily difficulty.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Ours was quiet but the worst was the realization that summer is half over. I talk to folks in British Columbia and the quality of the air is poor. Everyone is having some difficulty. I kept myself busy by making cards. I made a squish card and a shutter card. There is always something to learn.
caterinafmig and smileyj like this post.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #10
New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Had a nasty rain storm again yesterday. This time the storm caused us to lose power but fortunately it was not for very long.

Alexander's girlfriend drove 30 hours to see Alexander only stopping when absolutely necessary. She drove while her mom slept and vice versa. Btw, Jennifer, Alexander's orders got changed. He will not be going to Ft. Carson where he wanted to go. They now have him going to Ft. Hood.... he was so looking forward to going to Ft. Carson and get away from the heat of the south.
Bummer! I was looking forward to meeting both of you!
Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Alexander was very disappointed, Jennifer. He definitely did not want to go to Ft. Hood. I was so looking forward to seeing you, too, and for you to meet my awesome grandson.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

A rainy day in MN. It seems like either we get rain for days or it is dry and humid. It is weird. I go back to work on August 15 and 16th. The school starts on August 23rd. Where did the summer go?

Gail, Caterina and Joanne- some year I am going come and visit. As my DH always says, "Don't hold your breath." Remember if you get to MN please look me up. I don't have a big house. But we could visit!

Caterina- I had hoped to make kids cards for you! I just haven't had the time and especially energy!

"Friends are the sweet ingredient that will make your plans flourish." ~ The Daniel Plan Devotional
Joan
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joan, you are always so very kind to think of Coles' kids. I know exactly how your feel about lack of energy, my dear friend.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #14
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello my dear friends - sorry I have been MIA. We were on vacation last week. It was a beautiful week for the beach - although we had a day and a half of rain. It was not our best vacation though. Marie was difficult at the beginning of the week, my SIL and a friend from the beach gave me I have to get help for Marie and Bill (he is really still in a denial of sorts). I felt a little uncomfortable even though I know they were trying to help. Then, my niece whom I adore was very different this year. She brought a friend with her and I am sure that attributed to the issues. She was downright nasty to my cousin's daughter, basically ignored us if we were all at the house, would come have dinner with us and then leave. Bill said it felt as if we were only a hotel with free meals. The worst part was some of the things she was talking about - she didn't want to go to a diverse school, she only wants to be with people 'like her' (which is rich, CT types). Her whole attitude just saddened and disappointed me. She has always been about shopping name brands and spending money. My brother and I were NOT raised with that - we didn't have money for brand-name clothes and such. She has become a snob and it has me so sad.

We are home now and starting to get back into a routine. Laundry is going - I've paid some bills but have to check for the others. This week I am going to make sure I have some card making time.
smileyj and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- sorry to hear that vacation wasn't a positive experience!

I made a few birthday cards for my sons. They all have August Birthdays!
Attached Thumbnails
card-andrew.jpg  

Joan
caterinafmig and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #16
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Your card is awesome, Joan! You always do such a great job!
smileyj likes this post.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Did we move to the northwest.... just about every day is cloudy and rainy.

Finally, put in a call to my gastro guy and am waiting for a call back. Was hoping this stuff would ease up, however, the nausea, stomach pain and bloating continue.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry Cat. Terrible thing to live with.

I have been busy doing flip books for Halloween. I just feel like a child playing with paper. It is fun to do this with no pressure to get it done. Last week I had some card friends for a play date and lunch. We all had a great time with lots of laughter. As soon as that was over I started the flip books. I was convinced I had nothing to work with. I gathered a huge pile in my room of paper and embellishments. I had lots of black and white paper and some orange fall papers. Stuff I forgot about. It just proves to shop your stash. No need to buy more.
jor likes this post.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina- I hope the doc can help you! How is DH doing?

Gail- You are always trying new things. I have never made a flip card. I will have to look that up.

I am back to work tomorrow and Wednesday for Business days. The on the 23rd I am back full time! As I always say the summer always go way too fast!

Joan
Old 08-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Today was the first day of Business Days at School. we are using finger images for lunch accounts. It was slow. Hopefully, more kids come tomorrow! I hope the glitches in the program are worked out before the first day next Wednesday! The school's IT guy was helping where he could. However, it is the way the software is written. I need to learn quickly.

Joan
Old 08-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

So thankful for a much better day... no nausea or stomach pain. PTL! Was able to eat a little bit!
smileyj and Gail Russell like this post.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone!

Today is my youngest son's 29th Birthday. where did all the time go?

I am off until Wednesday! I am a bit concerned about the new school year. I tend to be anxious about new situations!

Joan
Old 08-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy birthday to your son, Joan. Time flies by so quickly.
smileyj likes this post.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Saturday, ladies.

The sun is out and looks like a nice warm weekend. I do not think I can remember a rainier August.

Am more than grateful the gastric stuff has eased up and thankful for all the encouragement.... truly appreciate my husband who is so kind and understanding.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad to hear you are feeling better Cat. It makes so difficult when you are not your best. The rain found us in Nova Scotia. We have long stretches of sun and the rain is welcomed. Best August for tourists in years. We were hoping to see big waves from Hurricane Gert but that didn't happen and then the tide was out when we were there. Strong winds.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I am living in a rain forest. We have had so much rain that my backyard is like a bog. I haven't been able to cut the grass. So we will being haying if it ever dries out!

I made a few B-Day cards...

lately, I have been feeling a bit down. I know it is partly do to the weather. When I was with DH at the VA, I read a booklet on summer SAD disorder. I thought I could only occur in the winter due to the lack of sun. I guess it can happen due to too much sun. It sure sounds like me!

Have a great Saturday evening and Sunday!

Joan
Old 08-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Default a picture

My sister in law took this picture of a few of my family members. My brother, Joe, lives in FL, in the back and my sister Kay in the front are both struggling with cancer. We got together on Thursday evening!
Attached Files
File Type: docx photo of joan, kay,gus, jeannie and joe.docx (782.4 KB, 4 views)

Joan
Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #28
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all! We got back from vacation last week and by Tuesday I was sick. Today is awful. I have a horrible sore throat. Hurts to swallow, can't talk above a whisper because that hurts, I can feel the pain in my ears. It started late yesterday and has gotten worse. I'm trying to hold out until Monday rather than go to Urgent Care tomorrow.

Joan - I didn't know there was a summer SAD. I definitely suffer from the winter one. I think more because there is no green or flowers - although sunny winters are certainly more easily handled.

Gail - I was going to make sure I made cards this week, but that didn't happen. I haven't mailed out most of my August birthday cards.

Caterina - I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. You are an amazing lady. Was thinking of you and praying for you yesterday.

I put out a plea for help with Sunday school tomorrow (not to teach, but just to be there with me) and got not one. I told Bill tonight, there is no way I'm going in with those kiddos tomorrow. Especially not knowing if this is contagious
Old 08-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanne- Sorry that you are feeling so awful. I guess I wouldn't want you to do Sunday School. Can it be canceled for one Sunday? Take care... sleep in tomorrow!

Joan
Old 08-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #30
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My husband (he teaches the high schoolers) and the middle school teacher combined the classes (our group is growing smaller ). They watched Veggie Tales which they all love anyway! Moe and the Big Exit - talking about the Israelites leaving Egypt.

Today I woke up with a sinus headache. Otherwise, I'm feeling a little better. Bill and I are going away Thursday to Friday so I hope I feel better! Marie and I have haircuts tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't have to cancel. And the smells of the salon won't bother me too much.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Joanne, sure hope your will be in top shape to enjoy your going away!

Summer has made an appearance with warm sunny days! Makes me yearn for the beach.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #32
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I yearn for the beach almost all the time! Even in the winter! LOL

I am feeling better today. Hoping tomorrow is even better. If not, I may try to get a doctor appointment just to be sure this isn't now a sinus infection or bronchitis or something along those lines. Not that I want to try and fit that appointment in with the other things I have to do!
Old 08-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

We were in bed when we heard lots of noises around 1:30AM... the poor family nearby had a fire. Fortunately, the young family got out in time.
Attached Thumbnails
fire.jpg  
Old 08-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

How terrible for the young famiy. Glad all life was saved. I also hope your days are easier this past week. It is hard to know what each day will bring these days.

I started on a paper package called SWEATER WEATHER. I was working on twenty four cards and I'm still at it. Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow. This is just for fall and they turned out cute. I have added some stamping to some and and other embellishments. Another part of my stash used up.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gail, so true about not knowing what will when. It makes me realize more and more how little control we have in this life.

Your 'sweater weather' sounds cute and so admire your mojo. I have lots of stash that could use some dusting off.... just not sure when that will happen.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, life is brief and really out of our control. Lost a member of my Mother's family in an accident this past week. She would have been 65 in September. Great loss to her family.You open your eyes in the morning and you thank God for another day. My poor Mom is watching the news and worrying about the world - me I'm in the card room happy as a clam loving every piece of paper and even more happy to share with others and hopefully bring a smile when they are received. I'm exhausted this evening in a good way - makes for great sleep!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

So very sorry to hear about your family's loss. Every moment is precious.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

So is everyone getting ready for the long weekend? We are staying home but we need a few groceries. My latest project this week are little boxes to put K - cups in. They are little give aways for friends at church. I thought they would make great placemarkers for Thanksgiving and you could put little candies instead of coffee. See my gallery.

Hard to believe this is the last weekend of summer. I have started to decorate for the fall and I brought out my pumpkin mug. Little touches here and there. I finished my cards from the SWEATER WEATHER package and I got 27 cards for autumn.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Gail, love hearing about your crafty activities. Sure could use some of your mojo.

Have a couple of friends in Texas, both named Sandy. One of them is still safe while the other Sandy had to leave her home because of the flooding. The pictures she took before leaving her home were awful. Feel so sad for them.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

I know it is so sad what is going on in Texas and it is not over yet. We are all so blessed not having flooding conditions. We can only pray for the safety of those in harms way.