Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 10-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Heart NEW & OPEN- Monthly Themed Swap Club- CLOSED

Name of Swap: Monthly Themed Swap Club (Stampin’ Up! stamps)
Hostess name (SCS name): Makani Lew (DocForHelp) (NEW HOST STARTING MAY 10 FOR JUNE 10 SWAPS WILL BE TERRY SERMAN)
This is a MONTHLY Club STARTED on November 10th, 2015

(There is no end date... A year? 2 years? Forever??) (see more info below)

Current THEME: Apr 10 release: Travelling Adventures (due in hand 5/10/2016.)
(Next release will be June 10th)

The Membership is now CLOSED to new members.

Description of the Swap: This is a Monthly Swap That uses Stampin’ Up! stamps and has a new theme each month. A looong time ago, (2006-2007), I was part of a Swap Club that was hosted by a wonderful SCS stamper Peggy (SCS SmallPigPig). It was so much fun. I will be using a system very similar to Peggy's.

If you want to see what our cards looked like from the original swap-
here you go: Peggy's Original Swap Club Forum
and go here to see some of our original Swap Club cards.

So... first of all, what is a SWAP CLUB?

This is a club for regular (or adventurous and new) swappers who would like participate (and commit to) a monthly swap. There will be a theme each month and I (your hostess) will PM everyone the theme by the 10th of each month. Each member will make their cards and then send the cards to me. On the 15th of every month, I will swap out the cards. Your interpretation to the theme is wide open. For instance “Winter Elegance” was one theme we did in the past- and the resultant cards included beautiful snow scenes, snowmen, sparkle, night mooon, swirls and stars, and more. Look here: Winter Elegance

Card Quality + Vendor Products: Full standard A2 cards, 80 lb (or better) cardstock, 2 layers (including base), stamps by Stampin’ Up! (current or retired), 1 or more embellishments brads, eyelets, ribbon etc- NVR (no vendor restriction).

Also please keep your cards clean- no inky fingerprints, poorly cut edges due to dull trimmer blades. Create cards in a non-smoking environment to avoid cigarette smells on cards.

Quantity: 5 + 2 (you will not receive your own back, so please make one more for yourself!) why the +2? +1 for charity and +1 for the hostess. Note: if we have more than 5 people in the club (and I am hoping for about 20), you will get a random set of 5 cards. Pictures of all will be posted in the Swap Club Album in my gallery album in the hostess’s SCS gallery.

NOTE- ADDED 1/3/2016- Info regarding the Charity Card
After the Dec Swap, I realized that I had to "pretty up" the cards I gave to our Charity recipient. The recipient is a non-profit thrift store that gives all its proceeds to help families with children facing illness. So if possible, for the card we give to charity- Can you include the following?
1) Include a lighter color insert if your card is a dark color.
2) Include an envelope if possible
3) Put it in a clear cellophane bag, if possible
4) Put your name and date on it, if you like
5) No need for a recipe

Recipe: Include Swapper's Real Name, SCS Name, Swap Name, email address (optional), products and techniques used. Feel free to write or stamp your name on back of card NOTE ADDED 1/3/2016- after the cards are posted in the Swap Club Album in my gallery- you can put the recipe there as well.

Deadlines:
Sign-up date: Cut off for joining is the 15th of every month
Monthly Theme Revealed Date: sent by PM by hostess: the 10th of each month
Due IN Hand: (NOT postmarked)- due the following month 10th (this allows 3 wks to create + 1 wk to send)
Swaps sent out Date: The swapped cards will be sent out by the 15th of the month
Photos of Swapped Cards posted on SCS DATE: by the last day of the month (no early reveals!)
Want to quit or take a month off? Send the hostess a PM as soon as you know you cannot participate- hopefully near the time of the Monthly Theme release

Mailing instructions:
Sending Swap to Hostess- Packaging:
Place swap items in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on the baggie and put a piece of paper in the baggie for identification purposes.
Pay for Swap Return Postage:
First Class: Include a self-addressed stamped envelope (that's big enough!) for return mail purposes. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount that it takes to mail to the swap hostess. To insure that enough postage will cover the returned swap items, include additional postage (3 Forever USPS stamps should work) which will be returned if not used.
Priority: Inside your baggie, include a self-addressed priority label and one priority stamp (Check the USPS website for prices). The hostess will provide priority envelope.
If you are outside of the United States- you may join us but make sure you have included the correct postage.

Swaps will not be sent if the postage is insufficient. The hostess will send a PM to you to say what difference must be paid.

Place your baggie and Priority Mailing Label or SASE envelope and send it to:
NEW HOST FOR THE MAY 10 THEME - DUE IN HAND JUNE 10 WILL BE TERRY SERMAN.
INFORMATION ON WHERE TO MAIL SWAPS WILL BE POSTED ON MAY 10.

Makani Lew
PO Box 1633
Soquel, CA 95073

(Please write on envelope near return address: “SCS Monthly Swap”)

Here is the list of the Swap Club Members:
(As of 4/13/16 we have 16 swappers and 18 cards swapping)
Currently receiving April theme "Travelling Adventures" due April 10th

1) Makani Lew (DocForHelp) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
2) Annette (BadRad) Not swapping this month" received
3) Sue spot1 (dani_fournier) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
4) Sue spot2 (dani_fournier) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
5) Theresa (tjacoby98 ) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
6) Cheryl (cgrisstamper) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
7) Terry A (PurplePansy26) Not swapping this month"
8 ) Gael (mamadwawa) Not swapping this month"
9) Annmarie (Miss Kitten) waiting for post office to deliver!!
10) Barb (barbaralynn) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
11) Gina (Gmc1525) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
12) Laura Jean (LJ) (LauraJean) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
13) Hermelinda (Hermelinda) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
14) Terry S (terry serman) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
15) Linda C (TiggyPince) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
16) Mika (ncrosarian) Apr Theme "Travelling Adventures" received
17) Courtney Spot1 (clockworks26) HAVE NOT HEARD FROM COURTNEY FOR A WHILE- SENT PM TO HER
18 ) Courtney Spot2 (clockworks26)
19)
20)
Received so far: 12 cards
NOTE: Expected TOTAL swappers for this month (May 10 due date) is _12_ swapping _13_ cards

The Swap membership is CLOSED for new members

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING….

SWAP CLUB THEME HISTORY (listed by hand in date)
Dec 10, 2015: Serene Grace
Jan 10, 2016: Warm Fuzzies
Feb 10, 2016: New Beginnings
Mar 10, 2016: Jump for Joy
Apr 10, 2016: Thoughtful Reflections
May 10, 2016: Travelling Adventures
Jun 10, 2016: ?? THIS ONE WILL GO TO THE NEW SWAP HOSTESS

Last edited by DocForHelp; 05-12-2016 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: updating cards received list, new theme, member change
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
dawnmercedes likes this post.
Unread 10-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Crimping Master

Heart How long is the Monthly Swap Club? A year? all my life???? READ ON

A great question was sent to me by PM- here it is:

QUESTION:
Hi! I'm seriously contemplating joining your Swap Club, but I was wondering how long we're committing to? Is this for a whole year? Thanks!

MY RESPONSE:
Since it's still in it's infancy, I am not sure... The one I did before was a year and I loved it. Every time she told us what the "theme" was, I got excited, started drawing and planning, thought and thought and then started creating. When I liked what I made, I then made the 5+2 (actually I made 5+3- so I could keep one for myself) and sent them off. I still have some of the cards I received up on my walls because they were so lovely. Also, it challenged me to use my Stampin' Up! stamps more. And I love that!

Also, if a person needs to take a month off, if we have enough folks, it will be okay. Ideally it would be 10 of us... I think it should be capped at 20 though.

So, if you take the plunge and join me... you will be my first sign up... and I figure we only need 3 or 4 more.

Best,
Makani
Unread 10-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

Hi!

I'll take a shot at it! Sign me up, it sounds really fun!

Who's with me???
Unread 10-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
Mad Swapper

I would love to play in your swap but I have a couple questions first.

The stamps/cardstock have to be SU (current or retired) but can the embellishments be NVR and can I use NVR dies/embossing folders?

If yes...and yes...then...if I can sign up for 2 slots, please sign me up for them. If not, then just sign me up for 1 slot!

Thanks,
Sue
Unread 10-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

Oh...do you know what the November theme will be? I want to get started on my cards!
Unread 10-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
Crimping Master

Default SU stamps. Nice Paper. NVR embellishments

So, I think your suggestion is perfect. Old or new SU stamps a must. But the paper and embossing folders and dies and doodads to glue on can be any Vendor (SU or otherwise). Because we will love each other's creations so much .... we should definitely make it a habit to ID the vendor and name of item as much as is possible. (Paper can be hard to ID).
And WELCOME! Two spots is okay!
Makani

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_fournier View Post
I would love to play in your swap but I have a couple questions first.

The stamps/cardstock have to be SU (current or retired) but can the embellishments be NVR and can I use NVR dies/embossing folders?

If yes...and yes...then...if I can sign up for 2 slots, please sign me up for them. If not, then just sign me up for 1 slot!

Thanks,
Sue
Unread 10-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #7
Crimping Master

Heart November Theme?

Since we are just getting started, and only have a few swappers so far... I dont think we are ready to launch just yet. My plan was to release the theme on Nov 10 so we will actually do the first swap in December. But if we get enough interest going... Maybe I will have to send out that theme by PM early.... Hmmmn. I think maybe I will also post the theme on the board too. I will start my little noggin thinking while I am at the Sacramento Scrapbook Expo tomorrow for the upcoming theme.
Makani

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_fournier View Post
Oh...do you know what the November theme will be? I want to get started on my cards!
Unread 10-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
Crimping Master

Default Welcome to the monthly swap club BadRad!

Looking forward to sharing the adventure!

Makani

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRad View Post
Hi!

I'll take a shot at it! Sign me up, it sounds really fun!

Who's with me???
BadRad likes this post.
Unread 10-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #9
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello! This sounds like so much fun. I only have a very few SU! sets, but I can probably make this work. Glad to know that only the stamps have to be SU! - otherwise I'd be in REAL trouble! Please sign me up for one spot!

Thank you!!!

Visit me on my blog or follow me on Instagram!
BadRad likes this post.
Unread 10-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick question ... is there an end date? Maybe I missed it!

Unread 10-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #11
Proud Fan Club Member

Never mind ... I answered my own end date question by re-reading your post! Doh! My brain is a little fried!!

Unread 10-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #12
Crimping Master

Heart We now have FOUR members! Woo ooo!

Welcome Theresa! You are our 4th member!! A few more and I would say we will ready to rock and roll definitely by Nov 10 theme release day!
(BTW- thanks to ~~You~~ I was motivated to do this! Loved shaking it up in your swap.) Makani

----> PS shameless plug... If you want to order any new SU! Goodies or be on my email list for the sales etc... Send me a PM w your email address and I will help you out on that *low* SU! Inventory

--> PPS non-shameless plug... And there are many lovely retired SU sets on the SCS Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I have bought and sold there. Just be sure to look for the looooow prices and reasonable shipping and folks who have been w SCS for a while- experience is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacoby98 View Post
Hello! This sounds like so much fun. I only have a very few SU! sets, but I can probably make this work. Glad to know that only the stamps have to be SU! - otherwise I'd be in REAL trouble! Please sign me up for one spot!

Thank you!!!
Unread 10-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #13
Kookie Creator

I like to do this swap, it'll help me use my SU stamps. What Charity do the extra cards go to? Thanks.
Unread 10-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #14
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to PurplePansy26

Hi! Please sign me up for this swap. I would like one spot.

I am a SU demo that has lots of supplies from years of buying the minimum requirement to stay active. No time to hold classes or set up a blog to sell SU products either, sad to say. I would love to use up some of my stash!

Thanks!

Terry
Unread 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Crimping Master

Money Saver Which charity?

Great question. I have my eye on a couple of places that help hospitalized children and their families. There is a small thrift store, named Caroline's, near my home that opened a few years ago and gives all it's profits to helping local families with children in the hospital. I have given stamps and ink and such in the past and she said some goes to the kids to play with and the rest is sold to give money to the families. I am going to talk to her and either have her deliver them or direct me to the best place. As soon as I figure it all out, I promise to make sure you all know!

So.... cgrisstamper.... Are you in? If so, yay! What's your first name so I can put it on the list.

Best, Makani

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrisstamper View Post
I like to do this swap, it'll help me use my SU stamps. What Charity do the extra cards go to? Thanks.
Unread 10-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #16
Crimping Master

Heart Woo ooo... 2 more! Welcome Terry and "cgrisstamper"!

Welcome Terry and "cgrisstamper". I think ... Hummmmmmm.... it's beginning to feel a lot like this swap is going to happen! (sing that to the tune for "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas").

It feels so fun when I go to those back shelves where my "old" but still awesome SU! Stamps are... If you peek at my SCS gallery, you will see I have matured in my stamping and many swaps kept me going. So, Terry you should have a fun time using those stamps and imagining how they can be used for the themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePansy26 View Post
Hi! Please sign me up for this swap. I would like one spot.

I am a SU demo that has lots of supplies from years of buying the minimum requirement to stay active. No time to hold classes or set up a blog to sell SU products either, sad to say. I would love to use up some of my stash!

Thanks!

Terry
BadRad likes this post.
Unread 10-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #17
Matboard Maniac

I'm so glad we're up to 7 participants!! I can't wait to hear what the first theme will be!
Unread 10-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
Kookie Creator

I'm in. My name is Cheryl.
Unread 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
Proud Fan Club Member

Woot! Glad people are signing up!

And, Makani, thanks for the shameless plug ... my e-mail address is [email protected].

I look forward to learning the first theme!!

Unread 10-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, I would like to join.

A few questions:
1. Is it ok to use non-SU stamps additionally, so long as my main image is SU?
2. When you say "hostess" are you referring to yourself, or are different people coming up with themes? (Would we then mail to them, or always to you? If mail to other people, are they all in US?)
Unread 10-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #21
Crimping Master

Thumbs up welcome "mamadwawa" and answers to your questions

Would love to have you "mamadwawa". Will need your first name of course for list...

As for sneaking in non-SU stamps... yes IF you promise to tell us what company and name or number on the recipe!!

Who is the "hostess"? ME! (Makani- "Docforhelp")

Who picks the themes? ME! (though I might send out a poll looking for good theme ideas after a few months.) (currently I have a little list going...)

How will you get the themes?... secret message in a bottle? nope. At first I thought I would PM folks but then I realized it might be much easier if I post to the forum. (I have to back and look how Peggy did it in the original swap club and decide which is easier). Me thinks a post to the forum will be best. That means we all have to make sure we are subscribed to receive notifications when folks post to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadwawa View Post
Hi, I would like to join.

A few questions:
1. Is it ok to use non-SU stamps additionally, so long as my main image is SU?
2. When you say "hostess" are you referring to yourself, or are different people coming up with themes? (Would we then mail to them, or always to you? If mail to other people, are they all in US?)
Unread 10-20-2015, 05:39 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocForHelp View Post
Would love to have you "mamadwawa". Will need your first name of course for list...
Thank you!

My name is Gael (in siggy if you forget)
Unread 10-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #23
Embossing Fanatic

Hi!

I've been reading everyone's posts and I agree, this sounds like a lot of fun, so I would like to join in, too!

I've swapped with several of you that have already signed up and know that there will be great ideas and wonderful cards to use.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for hosting this fun swap!

Pat
BadRad likes this post.
Unread 10-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #24
Crimping Master

Heart Welcome Pat! Looks like we are getting a good sized group! Woo ooh!

Sorry I didn't say hello a few days ago... Missed the SCS reminder email somehow. Anyway, Pat welcome onboard. With you we now have 8 members! Fingers crossed for a few more to get more variety. Capping at 20... But happy to see we've passed my minimum of 5! Woo ooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasb48 View Post
Hi!

I've been reading everyone's posts and I agree, this sounds like a lot of fun, so I would like to join in, too!

I've swapped with several of you that have already signed up and know that there will be great ideas and wonderful cards to use.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for hosting this fun swap!

Pat
Unread 10-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #25
Crimping Master

Heart Wanna play with a Swap Club? Check our our Monthly Themed Swap

Good morning bump to the top... we have 8 members (1 doing two cards- so in effect 9 members). Cut off is 20 total. Come on by and see what this swap is all about!

Best,
Makani
Unread 10-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #26
Crimping Master

Exclamation Swap Club database and check your PMs (SCS mailbox)

Hello all! I want to send create a little database of all our "real names" "SCS names" and addresses.... and maybe, just maybe (a little birdie told me) I just might be mailing all our WONDERFUL Swap club members a little card.

So.... could you send by PM the info to me? In the meantime I will also send a PM to all of you saying the same thing as this little post.

Here is the list of swappers: (SO FAR!! AS OF 10/25/2015)
1) Makani Lew (DocForHelp) (YAY! I love stamping!)
2) Annette (BadRad)
3) Sue spot 1 (dani_fournier)
4) Sue spot 2 (dani_fournier)
5) Theresa (tjacoby98 )
6) Cheryl (cgrisstamper)
7) Terry (PurplePansy26)
8 ) Gael (mamadwawa)
9) Pat (pasb48 )

Read more: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...#ixzz3pagCHVvZ
Unread 10-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #27
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls! Just checking in and getting super excited about this swap! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!

Unread 10-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #28
Mad Swapper

Just got back from a scuba diving trip...I'm up to 100 dives now!!! Great vacation but home never felt SO good!

I am so excited to get started on this swap. I've swapped with several of you before and your creativity is OUTSTANDING! It's an honor to be part of your group.

Can't wait to see what our first theme is....any hints, Makani?!
tjacoby98 likes this post.
Unread 10-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #29
Proud Fan Club Member

100 dives!?!!?? That is really amazing! So glad you had a great vacation! We are heading out in a week from tonight for a long weekend in Kona. We are planning to do a night snorkel/swim with the mantas. I'm a little freaked out, but I know it will be an adventure!

Unread 10-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #30
Crimping Master

Heart come one come all... anyone else want to joint the monthly swap??

It's gonna be fun!!
Great themes!
Great art exchanges!
bumpity bump bump.

Details in first post...
Makani
Unread 10-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #31
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacoby98 View Post
100 dives!?!!?? That is really amazing! So glad you had a great vacation! We are heading out in a week from tonight for a long weekend in Kona. We are planning to do a night snorkel/swim with the mantas. I'm a little freaked out, but I know it will be an adventure!
Many years ago, long before I ever considered scuba diving, I went on a cruise with my daughter and she talked me into swimming with the mantas. Talk about an INCREDIBLE experience!!! You're going to LOVE it, Theresa! You'll have to tell us all about your adventures when you get back...
Unread 10-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #32
Crimping Master

Heart Watch your mailboxes Swap Club Members!

I've made up a Welcome card and all are stamped and ready to go out tomorrow in the morning mail!

I'd still like to get 5 or so more folks on our swap club, so keep spreading the word!

Theresa have fun with the fishes this week! You guys are letting me live the adventures vicariously! thanks.
Unread 10-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #33
Matboard Maniac

I AM IN

I WILL TAKE ONE SPOT THANKS I LOVE THE MONTHLY SWAPS

BJ
Unread 10-31-2015, 09:25 AM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Halloween everyone!
DocForHelp and BadRad like this post.
Unread 10-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #35
Crimping Master

Heart Woo ooo! We have another member!

Wonderful news. Two things I need your first name for the sign up slot (I am thinking it's BJ?) and then I will send you a PM to get your mailing address etc.

Welcome!
Makani

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwolf View Post
I AM IN

I WILL TAKE ONE SPOT THANKS I LOVE THE MONTHLY SWAPS

BJ
Unread 10-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #36
Matboard Maniac

Yes, it's BJ
Unread 10-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #37
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocForHelp View Post
Wonderful news. Two things I need your first name for the sign up slot (I am thinking it's BJ?) and then I will send you a PM to get your mailing address etc.

Welcome!
Makani
Yes, it's BJ
Unread 11-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #38
Mad Swapper

We are into November! Only another week or so before our first theme is announced. Counting the days.....!!!
DocForHelp and BadRad like this post.
Unread 11-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #39
Proud Fan Club Member

T minus 8 days until theme release! Woot! Woot!

DocForHelp likes this post.
Unread 11-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #40
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I just saw this swap and have a question before joining. So--we get the "theme" by the 10th of the month before and mail our swaps to you by the 15th of the next month? You post the theme here in the thread by November 10th and we mail you 7 cards by December 15th? Then, by December 10th, you post the January theme? Am I close?