Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1761
Stazon Splitcoast

I am horsin' around on my blog and want to grab some blinkies...is this easy to do?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1762
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - Go to Post $1828 and click on the big blue HERE. Will take you to new link. I love your idea of challenging yourself. Going to add that to questionnaire.

Vickie - My youngest sister is moving to Commanche Texas outside of Ft Worth. You met my older sister Debbie and she is still around making cards with me.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Unread 12-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #1763
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Tracie, glad Debbie is still around! Hope your youngest sister likes living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. My DD lives in Denton (not far from Dallas/Fort Worth) and loves living in that area. I LOVE that she LOVES living there too, 'cause I LOVE visiting; so much to do and so many different places to shop!
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #1764
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh...Who are we waiting for on this swap...Just Imke to receive from Pat and I? Anyone else?

Unread 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #1765
Glitter Guru

I mailed Angela's 3 days ago. She should be getting it soon.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, Bugaboo Please visit My Blog /Gallery
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #1766
Forum Fanatic

Default Mail Call

Now I'm just waiting for Susanneīs and Deniseīs card kit. Because drumroll please, Pat's package arrived today. Hooray !!

Pat- Many thanks for this wonderful package. First of all i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Lindt, Lindor White Chocolate Balls" I ate almost everything
There are so many great things included I donīt know where to start. A paper pad from My Minds Eye (love it), House Mouse stamps with Birthday Popcorn (super sweet), a beautiful Flower stamps set, 2 lovely mini stamps, Ribbon, Flower embellies, Sixxiz Embossing Folder, a very pretty handmade card. Did I forget something ? Pat, you know what you've sent all. Many thanks for your generosity. I enjoyed every single part.

Susanne- Today we ate Mac and Cheese according to John's resicpe. Very, very tasty !
Unread 12-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #1767
Die Cut Diva

Imke so glad you got your package before your birthday...there was a little birthday gift in there too. It's a little bracelet in a box that says "DEE'S". That is one of my favorite shops and its in Louisville KY. Thats where they have the Kentucky Derby Horse Races in May and "Dee's" makes a lot of the beautiful big hats the women wear to the races. Hope you like the bracelet...of course I got myself one too and a pair of earrings!! Believe it or not they also have stamping supplies!!
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #1768
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh good Imke--now take the base of that recipe and add veggies to it--or sliced ham goes well...crisp bacon (American style bacon is thin slices--UK Bacon is like a slice of ham) I don't know what Germany's bacon style it...but you catch my drift--It could be a one pan meal!

We also have the cheaper and quick boxed Mac's n cheese snacks/side dishes here--boil pasta, add dry ingredients, plus butter and milk>..easy done in minutes--

Velveeta (which is called "cheese food") also makes a quick version--my kids will make it when they want a snack--and we're all out of quicker snacks in the goodie cabinet! Pasta and a mushy wet version of the same of the above --I will mail you these--no comparison to freshly made mind you--but good if you are throwing a quick lunch together!

If Pat's package made it..mine should be on the way - soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Now I'm just waiting for Susanneīs and Deniseīs card kit. Because drumroll please, Pat's package arrived today. Hooray !!

Pat- Many thanks for this wonderful package. First of all i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Lindt, Lindor White Chocolate Balls" I ate almost everything
There are so many great things included I donīt know where to start. A paper pad from My Minds Eye (love it), House Mouse stamps with Birthday Popcorn (super sweet), a beautiful Flower stamps set, 2 lovely mini stamps, Ribbon, Flower embellies, Sixxiz Embossing Folder, a very pretty handmade card. Did I forget something ? Pat, you know what you've sent all. Many thanks for your generosity. I enjoyed every single part.

Susanne- Today we ate Mac and Cheese according to John's resicpe. Very, very tasty !

Unread 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #1769
Stazon Splitcoast

"chocolate balls..."snowballs made of chocolate"...I think we can add this to everyone's delish lists!

Unread 12-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #1770
Stazon Splitcoast

Tom and I headed out to start our official Christmas shopping today. As we were at the 2nd stop light, it turned green...as Tom was moving his foot to the gas pedal--some jerk behind us honks his horn at us?! Then, passes us, flips us off and rev's his engine!!! What? This is a regular street 40mph-crowded with cars--what is his big fat problem?

As we hopped on the highway going through the NH toll booth--Tom hands over $2 to the toll booth person and she waves us onward--we both look at her--she say's...Oh, the person in front of you took care of your toll today--Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

So, Tom hands her our $2 and say's...pay it forward! The people behind us, catch up on the highway--next to us..wave and honk mouthing THANK YOU! As they drove off-I noticed their license plate was from Connecticut!

I thought that part of our day was so sweet--I started to fan my eyes--told Tom, if these nice people keep happening after the stupid jerk horn honker guy...I am going to start to cry--I can't cry--I am wearing make up today!

Unread 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #1771
Stazon Splitcoast

Just stopping in before bed...it was a busy, but fun day!

Susanne, how nice at the toll booth! We had something nice happen tonight too.... We heard a knock at the door and Paisley was making some noise at the visitor...it turns out it was Jessie and Autumn (the dad and his little gal who like to stop and play with Paisley...we havn't seen them in quite a while because it is cold) and they brought Paisley a Christmas bone! I can't believe how gentle Paisley is with Autumn...she isn't 2 until March and she hugs/kisses Paisley and laughs with delight. It is so cute to see! After they left, Davis and Ivy both said that we need to give them a puppy of Paisley's. We havn't told Davis yet that Paisley might not be able to have puppies; we are not sure what we will do because of her sister's health issues. Jessie said Autumn likes babies that make noise, so I think we will head on one last outing and get her a doll. It's been a long time since I have shopped for one, so we will have to see what's out there....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #1772
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I am thinking of SNL and...Shweaty Balls.... LOL Love that skit! We were talking about our old SNL favorites at work yesterday....

Unread 12-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #1773
Forum Fanatic

How could I forget to mention that ? Since it was so wrapped up nicely, I thought that it is my birthday It is very beautiful and the colors go with everything. Thank you so much !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Imke so glad you got your package before your birthday...there was a little birthday gift in there too. It's a little bracelet in a box that says "DEE'S". That is one of my favorite shops and its in Louisville KY. Thats where they have the Kentucky Derby Horse Races in May and "Dee's" makes a lot of the beautiful big hats the women wear to the races. Hope you like the bracelet...of course I got myself one too and a pair of earrings!! Believe it or not they also have stamping supplies!!
Unread 12-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #1774
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning everyone!

We are taking Hazel out for dinner this evening so will be gone most of the day.

Tomorrow I'll start some of the fixins' for Christmas Day dinner. Christmas Day son and his two daughters will be here for dinner. He loves beef and noodles so that's what I'll prepare.

I do take time to be thankful for family and friends and the reason for the season.
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #1775
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Just stopping in before bed...it was a busy, but fun day!

Susanne, how nice at the toll booth! We had something nice happen tonight too.... We heard a knock at the door and Paisley was making some noise at the visitor...it turns out it was Jessie and Autumn (the dad and his little gal who like to stop and play with Paisley...we havn't seen them in quite a while because it is cold) and they brought Paisley a Christmas bone! I can't believe how gentle Paisley is with Autumn...she isn't 2 until March and she hugs/kisses Paisley and laughs with delight. It is so cute to see! After they left, Davis and Ivy both said that we need to give them a puppy of Paisley's. We havn't told Davis yet that Paisley might not be able to have puppies; we are not sure what we will do because of her sister's health issues. Jessie said Autumn likes babies that make noise, so I think we will head on one last outing and get her a doll. It's been a long time since I have shopped for one, so we will have to see what's out there....
Awe, very sweet Angela--Labs are great with babies and lil' ones...that's the main reason we bought this breed! Both my ol' Kippy and Muddy--If I say, "Gentle, this is a baby"...he listens...moves real slowly! Kippy used to let Kala dress him up-the kids would fall asleep on him while watching TV--he loved being part of the action!

I can't help you in the baby doll dept--Maybe Kathleen has some ideas?

Unread 12-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Susanne, I am thinking of SNL and...Shweaty Balls.... LOL Love that skit! We were talking about our old SNL favorites at work yesterday....
You know you can go to NBC and click on old episodes and favorites on the SNL page...hsyterical!

Recent Skit; you have to see the skit with the Mayors of NY and NJ and their very animated sign language ladies--Oh I go there just to get my Ha-HA fix--absolutely hysterical! They were mocking a real life news blurb...go see--Mayor's Bloomberg/Jessy? (oOps..forgot the NJ guys name)...

Unread 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny: I am having an on-going conversation in real time--->with my sister Janice (she's at a sandwich shop in England) sending me pictures and texting to my computer-back n forth!

Modern technology...gotta love it!

Unread 12-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #1778
Glitter Guru

Susanne: I love "paying it forward". I do it periodically at Starbucks because it is such an easy thing to buy coffee for the next person. On the day of our move, we stopped off at McDonald's to get the kids dinner and found that someone had already purchased our dinner. It was so kind and at EXACTLY the right moment that I cried.

Angela: I think about you and Paisley often. Does Paisley jump a lot? Holli has SUCH boundless energy that it exhausts me sometimes. We don't have a fence around the new house. We had a bid to put one in but it came out to be quite expensive and I just wonder if it would be a courtesy fence anyway. Sigh.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, Bugaboo Please visit My Blog /Gallery

Last edited by Queenbee Jo; 12-23-2012 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

I am over at my parents with the kids; we had Santa pancakes for breakfast and they are wrapping presents. They have been holed up in the dining room...complete secrecy you know!

Vickie, beef and noodles sounds so good! Maybe I should have the kids make homemade noodles one day over break....

Joanna, Paisley loves to run and jump...she has a lot of energy. Sounds like Holli does too! We also checked into a fence...it will be thousands of dollars for materials, even though Marlyn will install it himself. Our house sits on half a block and we want it behind the house and one side too. Unfortunately it has to wait, because we don't have extra money ear-marked for something like that. I just wish she would go into her dogloo...she still is not impressed.

Off to check out old SNL skits....

Unread 12-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies

Just checking in so you know I'm still here! Yesterday was a very hard day, I thought it would be easier since I had said my goodbyes on Wednesday. But what was I thinking???!! The services were very nice a lot of people there, the Church was full. I won't say a lot because it is Christmas and I don't want to spoil your holiday.

We are leaving in the morning and I'll be on the road for Christmas so I wanted to tell you all how very much each and everyone of you mean to me and to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Hugs
Lena
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #1781
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a house full of company so don't know if I will be on here until Christmas afternoon.

Merry Christmas!!!

Lena, be safe traveling. We will be praying for safe traveling for you and please let us know when you get home.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #1782
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I forgot to ask when you would know if it would be safe for Paisley to have puppies or not have them?

Joanna glad to see you on here a little more, you must be getting things organized.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #1783
Stazon Splitcoast

Awe Lena--God bless you and your travels--I cannot imagine anything harder...just so damn hard and sad...{{{hugs}}}}to you and your entire family.

OKay, it's countdown time--tomorrow first thing Lasagna, then cookies and while they bake I shall wrap and organize.

If you get a second--ck out the Spellbinderspaperarts site--I posted one of my projects in the Alternative Art section *hoping to be part of the contest they are featuring--but, having a peek at others works--I just don't know if mine will have a chance?!

Listening to Dan Fogelberg's Christmas CD (almost said album) but that's before some of your time --along with the dryer humming in the background...creating! Night all..Merry Christmas...

Unread 12-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #1784
Forum Fanatic

Hey there,

Lena- Have a safe trip ! You and your family are in my thoughts !!

Susanne-I will check out your project on the Spellbinder Side. Keep my fingers press for you !

Seems like everybody is busy with cooking, gift wrapping and so on.

Santa is coming tonight with us and not at 25 in the morning. We are at my parents. My brother with family and my grandparents are also there. For dinner we have potato salad with sausages. Traditional Christmas meal in Germany. For dessert i just finished Tiramisu. Love it.

My cards are apparently not arrived on time. Therefore, in this way:
I wish you all a very merry Christmas
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #1785
Stazon Splitcoast

Taking a 1/2 hour heating pad back break! I have completed the Lasagna and Strata for tomorrow--still hangin' in my jammies (which is probably why my back hurts--need some supportive shoes on for all this standing and bending)...I was up at 5:30 wrapping everything--that's done...Plan to go to Mass at 4 or 6 and then burgers for dinner tonight! We have gone out the last two nights--so tonight is a stay at home night!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Be safe and I hope Santa brings you everything you wished for! {{{{{{room hugs}}}}}}

Unread 12-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #1786
Stazon Splitcoast

Is your back better tonight, Susanne?

Does everyone have all of their meal prep and wrapping done?

The mailman came knocking at my door today...packages from Heather, Joanna, and Kathleen have made it here! I had so much fun opening the packages; will post a proper thank you later....

Thinking of you all and hoping you are enjoying time with family and friends!

Unread 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #1787
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Imke, got your great image today!!! Love it and the Christmas card.

Susanne, got your card today. Loved it!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #1788
Stazon Splitcoast

Awe Linda--itsa store bought card! boo hiss! hahaha

Angela--yes,,,I can finally say I am DONE! (well, I'll be up at the crack of dawn to finish more desserts...but all is bought and wrapped and under the tree!) Amen!

MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!

I just finished wrapping the stocking stuffers--boys are going nuts about their Dick's sporting good gift certificate (we're gonna make them wait for that last)...plus, I put K's lottery tickets in her stocking---I wrapped the boys lottery tix in their attache cases! Yes, I know, never a dull moment...they are getting golf shoes, gloves, hat and one heck of a gift certificate!...Next week I need to get K's b-day stuff--can you believe my oldest will be "22"! Yikes!

I'm done! night night...snow overnight--how cool is that? {{{hugs}}}}

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #1789
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas!

Unread 12-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #1790
Forum Fanatic

Wow, many preparations for the last minute.....

Linda- Iīm totally happy that my card made it in time. Unfortunately not for all......

Angela- 3 packages at ones ! Merry christmas

Susanne- I hope your back is better. Not overexert yourself. That are wonderful christmas gifts. I like the idea about the lottery tickets.

Our evening was very relaxing. We have nice sat together, ate and talked. For my grandparents, it is always very nice. They are 87 and 84 and take pleasure always.
When the children saw their gifts - the rest was over LOL In 2-5 minutes everything was unpacked. It's so nice to see the shining eyes of the kids.
My brother celebrates Christmas as you on 25 December. This tradition they have brought from USA.
There is then the question: Grandma, why Santa was already here ? So far, they have accepted the explanation. Let's see how long. I think for my brother was the night over at 5 in the morning. LOL
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #1791
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas, friends!!!

May you have a happy and healthy New Year!

Unread 12-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #1792
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Merry Christmas friends!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Imke, I'm laughing about your nephews, it's the same here, all the prep and it's over so fast. I try to get them to slow down a little, but there is so much excitement. Nice to have time with your grandparents.
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #1793
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas!

Made it home today at 1 PM. So glad to be home. Stopped over night in OK and when we got up this morning everything was covered with ICE! UGH! Decided it was only going to get worse and we wanted to get home so we loaded up and took off driving, it was slow going. Once we got through OK it was just rain and sleet mixed. When we got home everyone got out and took an arm load of things into the house when back for a second arm load and the biggest snowflakes started falling! So we made it home just in time. I think it followed us home! I don't remember having a white Christmas here before?! lol The boys were tired of snow and cold weather by the time we got home they didn't even want to play in it. Since we had to leave in such a rush our shopping and wrapping wasn't finished. Had to make a mad dash to get things wrapped so they could open their gifts. After that I whipped up something quick for dinner. No Christmas dinner just whatever I could find after being gone all week.
Just thankful to be home and to have arrived safely.

Thank you for all your prayers and love.
Hugs
Lena
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #1794
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena so thankful that you are home safe.

We in North East OKlahoma did not get any snow but I had one Granddaughter who lives in OKC that left for home this morning before it got any worse and Scott and Debra live where it is the worst and they were afraid of loosing power and their water pipes freezing. We all got to spend Christmas Eve together and at 9:00 PM Scott and Debra headed home and they had a 4 1/2 hr drive, didn't get home because of the ice until almost 2 AM but made it safe.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Unread 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #1795
Gabfest Goddess

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #1796
Forum Fanatic

Lena- Fortunately, you arrived at home before the weather got worse. I hope you have time to relax a bit.

The weather here in Germany is totally crazy. The last few days we have had up to 50 ° and rain. Not really wintry but I like it. Itīs almost spring. I'm afraid it will not stay that way.

Kathy- I can imagine with 4 kids is still more action. My brother and Tanja say always: slow power guys . But no chance. If they see gifts, they forget their good manners LOL
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #1797
Glitter Guru

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Uh ... what do you guys do to celebrate boxing day?

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Tom started this years ago...only 1 present opened at a time--makes for good conversation, anticipation and you get to see if they like their gifts! Farmer Sharon was here wrapping the other night--she said that her young boys go at their gifts like crazy people--they either make piles and just open them all at once or just dive into the pile under the tree and not wait for the other to open--I don't like this style--Plus, she goes absolutely overboard with gifting those boy's--they still have games and toy's from last Christmas they have not used!!! Last year I offered to wrap for her--I counted 86 presents for just (2) boys! Insane huh? Funny: They both said, WOW, Santa's handwriting and wrapping is really nice this year!!! hahahahaha

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #1799
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Uh ... what do you guys do to celebrate boxing day?
It's Boxing Day in England too---I just wrote Janice to see what this holiday is all about...all I know is that Banks and Public offices are closed in England!

Unread 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #1800
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke--still no padded envy from me?

Closed Thread