Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #1281
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
I feel the same way! I don't do very many card swaps anyway, but I like the secret sister ones. But, I find that it takes away from the time I get to actually create. I'd love to send people little handmade items too, but I just run out of time!!!

I love this one, it won't go away. The other thing is that I have joined a few extra than I normally would right now because of Christmas. I love the Christmas swaps.

Vickie, maybe we should pick one challenge every week or so that we both play along with. Then we can admire each others cards...and Susanne, you can join us!
Good idea Heather! I did just finish creating a card for today's Free for All challenge to create a black, white, and read (red) all over card...read being the keyword...use newsprint on the card. I'm just getting ready to photo it and will upload to my gallery this afternoon.

I have to say, my DH shoulda been a doctor! LOL He has a nasal spray RX called Nasacort (my ENT RXd me Flonase which has not helped with the headache); he suggested I try his so I sniffed the Nasacort about an hour ago and headache gone...I didn't have to take the migraine meds. When I go back in December for ear checkup I'm going to request Nasacort.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #1282
Watercolor Wizard

Susanne, I am a paying member because I love to check out the Dirty Dozen or Dare to get Dirty cards and used to play along with their challenges. I need to start playing along with some of their challenges. Heather and Vickie let me know what you choose to do as far as which challenges and I will play too. I also like to be able to upload a card anytime I have time and it is usually on Sundays I decide to upload.I also like their sketch challenges.

Denise has not been feeling well. Her MS flares with muscle spasms in her back and legs and keep her up most of the nights and then she is exhausted and sleeps most of the day at times anyway. The new baby is also taking up her time. She loves babies actually any age kids. Her husband has been out of work for over a year and he is looking for a job and there just aren't any where they live. He was sick with his blood sugar, blood pressure and heart for a long time too. She has had her hands full. I miss her being on here.

I can't decide what to fix for dinner tonight. I think I need to come up with something soon. I would rather go out to eat.

Lynn, hope you are feeling better soon.

Vickie, glad your headache went away. They are not fun to deal with or try to get things done when you head is throbbing.

Angela, you are making me think I need to bake something. Pumpkin pie sounds good, but I will be making 4 of them on Wed. and 2 pecan pies so maybe I need a coconut cream instead.

Tracie, that sounds just like you helping out your friend with dinner. I'm sure she will appreciate it and be very thankful for friends like you.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Pat and Kathy, have a great weekend.

Patti hope you are doing okay.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1283

Heather, how about you choose the challenge, let us know, and we'll play along too. I know your crafty time can be somewhat limited with a 9 month old, who, by the way, is adorable!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1284
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Heather, how about you choose the challenge, let us know, and we'll play along too. I know your crafty time can be somewhat limited with a 9 month old, who, by the way, is adorable!
Thank you! I know I should be modest, but every time someone says "she's so cute!" or "she's so good!", I just feel like saying "Yes, she IS!!!".

Not to take away from anyone elses' child at all. I'm sure we all feel that way about our children. You know, before you have kids you hear that the experience can't be described, but....man, it can't be described!! I can't even describe it to those who have kids and have experienced it.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #1285
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, I've picked the SplitCoast Sketch Challenge for this week:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...D-t564312.html

Susanne, you going to play with us???
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #1286
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Heather - Thanks for picking a challenge. I am going to give it a try also.

I like the challenges but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices.

Vickie - Glad the headache is gone. Headaches are not fun.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.

July 13 & 14 VSN Staycation!
Play Along on SCS in the Virtual Stamp Night Challenge Forum!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #1287
Gabfest Goddess

I get that way too, which is part of my problem. But, there are lots of great sites out there!! For today, I wanted to pick an easy SCS one that I knew everyone could do. I didn't want to risk someone feeling they didn't have a stamp or color to use.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #1288
Stazon Splitcoast

Wowee... the flood gates have opened! Thank you all for your "inputies" "inputses" haha! I am typing on my NEW/Exchanged wireless keyboard-I finally got over to Staples today and dumped the ergonomic headache off to them, used a $10 coupon and Mama is happy again! Oddly enough, I have to reconfigure my brain on typing with this keyboard again (Logitech wave) very nice and "normal"...no letter "B" or "N" in the outfield! I think that other board must have been made for a man--bigger hands-wider gate...either way, it's long gone.

One thing I noticed when replacing the lil' wireless doodad into the computer slot is...maybe it was that lil' thing (lil' chip thing you plug into your tower) forgot what they are called...the old one was "dead"...does that mean I replaced my entire keyboard because of that lil' wireless chip thing went bad? Oh...lets just keep this amongst ourselves--the old-keyboard is long gone--garbage day today! Live and learn!

I will definitely join this challenge--let me click on it and read the deets--thanks Heather/Vickie/Tracie and whomever else cares to join us!

Vickie--Flonase did absolutely nothing for me except give a burning sensation to the inside of my nostrils! So I am glad your hubby played doctor and let you borrow the good stuff! Is your ear back to good?

Its odd how certain drugs work beautifully and others are duds! I have to have "Tagament" for tummy issues...whereas Zantac does nothing for me! QueenieJo and I have discussed this already...so I guess we are all different when it comes to these crazy meds. I remember my mom used to use Privine-nose drops religiously for a stuffed up nose and a doctor once said--if you use it too much it won't work after awhile because it enlarges the something-something in the nostril and still you end up with a "stuffed nose feeling"...years ago--I forget the facts...but I remember it working--instant clear nose! He suggested she use salt spray or ocean spray--something to wet the interior of her nose! (TMI)? hahaha sorry...here I go sharing on my new keyboard again! haha

Vickie--I didn't know you were an SU demo person--wow, learning so much in here today--are there also other sites similar to SCS out there? I just happened past this one night while researching a card style...the next I know I signed up for a card swap with Jessica (have to look at my outlook contacts to remember her name) She was so sweet-held my hand on how to participate--followed a lot of her swaps, met Patti...the rest is history!

Today while I had my whopping hour+ car use (Patrick just took it out for the night and Tom's at work)...I stopped into an ol' scrap store I used to go to; Wholly Scraps, NH. They had moved to a new location-I just drove up Route 1 north and happened past it-went in and met the nicest lady "Shari" who is meeting me at AE tomorrow for their sale! haha..She's not the owner of Wholly Scraps-brand new employee! I gave her my biz card and told her about my classes--and for her to spread the word to the owner about my classes too. They were extremely low on papers and supplies-I guess they were just at some craft fair--but at least I bought the green toned Bazzill I have been looking for!

So, that's it from me!
Angela--I bet your house smells delish! No cookin' on Friday here--ate pizza an hour ago...done for the night!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Okay, I've picked the SplitCoast Sketch Challenge for this week:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...D-t564312.html

Susanne, you going to play with us???
Love the sketch! Will do. Glad Tracie is going to do it also! Hmmm...maybe I will try to work the sketch challenge in with either our "across the hall" weekly Christmas card challenge or the monthly image challenge (both of which I'm very behind on.)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #1290
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie>..quick to go www.scrapmart.com 23 pages of Spellbinders @ 50% off with flat $5.00 shipping!!!

This announcement goes to the entire room...but Vickie you just mentioned buying Spellbinders! GREAT SALE!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1291

Pat, I received the cardkit in today's mail and just opened it. Wow! Thank you! I will post a proper thanks tomorrow along with a picture.

DH and I went to see the Lincoln movie. Excellent movie. I'm going to see if my youngest DD and DGD want to go with me to see Twlight this weekend.

Susanne, my ear is a lot better, still a little plugged at times, but so much better than it was.

I need to shut computer down and head to the living room to sit with DH for a while.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #1292

thanks for the link Susanne; DH will have to wait a few minutes while I check this out!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #1293

AAACCCKKK! I went to scrapmart; put several dies in my cart from my list (a few of the ones I wanted are not in stock but a few of them are); went to checkout and got a server error, try again later. Thanks for the tip Susanne; hopefully, the cart will hold what I want so I can try again later.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #1294
Gabfest Goddess

Guess what Claire has discovered? If she sits backwards in her vibrating chair, she can STAND up in it, jump and get the entire thing to bounce.. Uh huh. Great. What a monkey!!

She also threw her first tantrum tonight. I gave her a cricut animal shape to play with and she basically ate it. So I took it away. Freak out. Threw her self to the floor, cried, rolled over and pouted. Did it twice (I had to give her the shape back to show DH what she did - bad mommy, I know). It was absolutely adorable and frightening all at the same time. Needless to say, we ended up going to get the animals laminated so that she can still play with them without destroying them within 10 seconds.

She LOVES my craft room. Saw me in there tonight and went racing for the door. Heads directly to the few ribbon spools I have on the floor and reels it off the roll. Then proceeds to check out my card kits. Joanna, I think that might be one you gave me. See that look of glee and happiness in her face? That's my girl!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2306.jpg   img_2307.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #1295
Watercolor Wizard

Heather, what adorable pictures!! Of course Claire would be a crafter already!

So, I just popped in to say Hi and get caught up. Looks like I need a little time to get caught up, so I will post this, start reading back, and comment as I go?

Happy Saturday!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #1296
Watercolor Wizard

No wonder I am so far behind, the last time I popped in here was on Vickie's birthday on Monday! I am just getting over a nasty bout of bronchitis, the cold weather makes my lungs twitchy. Then I worked 4 nights in a row....excuses, excuses!

Kathy, so happy to hear that you've made it home, and that the house is intact! We certainly missed you while you were at the inlaws!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #1297
Watercolor Wizard

Oooh, Imke, so sorry to hear about your bike! Especially when you depend on it to get to and from work! Even though it costs so much, sometimes having new is fun!

Sorry to hear about Lynne's stomach flu! ICK--no fun at all! Hopefully you are feeling back to normal!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #1298
Watercolor Wizard

Hooray--made it to the current page! Maybe I'm not all toooooo far behind?

Looks like more photos to look forward to...Ivy's tree, Pat's granddaughter on dance night...how about a pic of Kathy's Diwali card? I just recently heard about Diwali, very interesting...would love to see how you've interpreted that for a card!

Kathy, ooooh, a weekend away! I always enjoy a getaway, with four little ones (as adorable as they are), it must reaaaaallllly be nice!! Hope you are having a great time!

And Pat, our resident traveler, another awesome scrappin weekend! I'm envious, but so happy for you! Have fun!!

Happy to hear that scrap pages are in progress...still looking forward to Kathy's, Angela's, Imke's (yours is being mailed with Jo's?), Heather's (who are you traveling with Heather?). Who else?

Congrats to Ivy on Honor Roll (but I'm not really surprised, she seems to take after her mom who is smart, and a wonderful lady!) And, to Paisley, too for her hunting conquest!

All right, ladies, I have heard HYCCT mentioned here several times, along with the word 'prizes', so it looks like I will just have to check it out! Have not crafted in a few weeks, this sounds like it will be just the thing to get my mojo going again.

Susanne, thanks for the heads up on the Spellbinders sale! Unfortunately the budget just took a major hit, as ol' leadfoot here got a speeding ticket on the way into work on Wednesday night. Usually cops will let a nurse go, especially if she is in her scrubs, with her hospital badge hanging from the rearview mirror, but not this guy! I was passing a truck and Mr. Radar, caught me doing 40 in a 25. I could've sworn it was a 35 zone, but....this puppy is gonna cost me $196! ACCCKKK! So, no new crafty stuff for me for awhile

I'm a paid member here on SCS, too. Have been for almost as long as i discovered this site. I'm like Vickie, the bennies of the "Dirty Dozen" and instant uploading are good, but for a free site, they offer so much that it is worth it to me to pay the not-so-big yearly dues.

Ahhhh, love the "kiddisms"! We, too, still use some of those old babytalk terms, and like Jo, have people look at us funny when we use them. "Jeebs" is a word we use for the littler kids in the family (don't even remember where that came from); "shan-tu" for sandwich thanks to my son; "Eck-knows" is from when I was a little girl. Eck-knows is a dragonfly. When I was little, we were at the beach with my Uncle Ed (Eck) and Aunt Toni, and I saw a dragonfly and wanted to know what it was. Someone said "Eck knows", as Uncle Ed knew all about almost everything, and I thought that's what the name of it was. To this day, everyone in my family calls them "Eck-knows".

Heather, I am having such fun reading all the stories of Claire's newest accomplishments. It's like we are all her honorary aunties, and we get to share in her growing up!

Linda, sorry to hear Denise is not feeling well. Please send my regards, and tell her we are looking forward to her coming back soon!

Tracie, how sweet of you to make dinner for your friend!

I'm like some of you, have stopped doing card swaps (except for our little group). I found I didn't always get a good quality card in return. I used to do some of the challenges on Splitcoast but kinda got away from it. I like the idea of Heather picking a challenge...Sketch Challenges were my favorite here, so I think I will play along. Will we just post our card for the challenge and link it here, also?

I have the weekend off (hooray, 3 in a row, don't know what I will do with myself!)!! We had Daniel for a sleep-over to give mom and dad a break. I really have nothing on the calendar for the next two days, so I am hoping to get some cards made. My sister and my one sis-in-law has requested some of my hand-made for a Christmas gift from me. So far, I have about a dozen made for each of them, but it will be nice to add a few more.

And I have been Christmas shopping, and need to do some wrapping, so maybe I will make a dent in that. House cleaning? Nah, it'll wait. I wanna have fun this weekend!

Can I just say that I really love this group? You are all so supportive of life's ups and downs, it's always great to see lots of positive things shared (like baby's milestone's, kids on Honor Roll and going to dances), talented ladies winning prizes for their creations. We can even vent our frustrations here and know that we will be loved and supported. I am very grateful to call you all "friends" <3!!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #1299
Watercolor Wizard

Update on Denise. She is bedridden right now. One arm and one leg are not working so she can't walk or get up or down. Please send her some prayers. MS is such a horrid disease but praying they find a cure soon. Biggest problem is the meds are not covered by medicare and are in the thousands of dollars for a month supply.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #1300
Watercolor Wizard

She is going for 3 days of infusions of a steroid starting on Monday. Forgot to say that above.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #1301
Glitter Guru

Imke's WERE supposed to go with mine but then with the craziness of the move, I mailed them on their own. I was worried that they were going to get lost. I packaged them and addressed them on Monday but then forgot to stick them in the mail until yesterday. You WILL get them soon (I double dog promise you) You may start getting them as soon as Monday. Sorry Imke. I'm usually waaaaay more organized than this.

Mr. Radar had a busy day. I too am on a restricted budget because of him. He caught me going 41 in a 30 zone and cost me $145. Ouch. I was driving Ken's car (the Explorer) and it's harder to see how fast you are going - that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Sorry to hear about Denise, Linda

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery

Last edited by Queenbee Jo; 11-17-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #1302

Linda, sending prayers Denise's way.

Jo and Patti, I have a lead foot...I'm so surprised that I've not yet had to give up money to the cause! LOL I do a lot of interstate travel to grocery store, doctors, etc., and even though the speed limit is 70 I have to watch that I'm not going 85! YIKES! But, really, 85 is just keeping up with the traffic!

No plans today other than to take a pic of the wonderful cardkit from Pat and post a proper thanks.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in CKC, there will be one in Fort Wayne, Indiana, end of May! Yep, I plan to attend. Fort Wayne is about 2 1/2 hours drive, so I'm putting some moolah back to attend that event! I LOVED CKC in Kansas City and meeting Tracie. Patti, I don't know how close Fort Wayne is to you, but maybe a possibility to meet up!

Patti, that's a good idea for the challenge to put in the challenge keywords and then put a link to our card in this thread when we've done it.

Heather, the pics of the creative Claire are sooo sweet. I don't know how they learn to throw those tantrums, but I think most babes start them around that age! Are you doing a scrapbook of Claire?

gotta grab another cup of coffee and empty the dishwasher and do a few domestic things today.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #1303
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers for Denise on tap! Poor thing...And here I complain about my aches and pains-not fair to compare to Denise.

Vickie--I just said out loud--> "85 Vickie bad girl" Haha Really? I know Massachusetts drivers are famous for speeding and the scenario of driving in the left lane of 95 and zooming across 3-4 lanes to quick get off this exit! It just happened in front of me the other day--it's like a blur and you hold your breath for the guy/gal! Be safe--and remember, just cuz everyone else does it...doesn't mean you can too!! Wowza!!! haha (Okay enough mothering) My thing is 70mph middle lane...if someone intimidates me--they move around--sorry--there are always State Troopers on 495/95 here-let them get the ticket! {Patti and QueenieJO--sorry about your tickets!}

Patti-we miss you when you work 4+ day/nights etc...can't you quit your job and hang with us? Enjoy your weekend off! Neveryoumind the house cleaning--it will get done when it gets done!

News on my Ohio front is that my nephew who was working in St. Croix, then St. Thomas...was just transferred to Louisville, KY! I learned that he is a 5 hour car ride away from Hudson, OH! So, I am relieved my oldest brother John (early-on-set of Alzheimer’s) will have his son closer than the Virgin Island's...Plus, since his company moved him--all expenses paid!!! He was going out to buy a brand new car today-to heck with the economy! (He asked me if I thought he was nuts--I said, well think of the car payment a few years from now--mind you he wants to buy the top of the line Ford Expedition--when do you and new wife plan to have babies...that car payment will be significant--sorry nephew-ya just gotta think outside the "want" box! I am sure he hung up and said--screw what auntie thinks!

So, I dragged myself out of bed this morning oh and it was so cozy and warm-after swatting the alarm clock 2 times...made myself coffee, shower, fresh clothes and drove down to my Absolutely Everything-like a glow of light from the heavens and to their annual sale I went! I was a lil' late for openers (as I noticed fellow crafty Comrades with bags and bags of merchandise sitting in the side lines taking tallies of their goods-before heading to the register to check out) I ran into (2) of my students that were so happy I sent them a quick email about the sale,
I bought;
102 sheets of DP $10.20 -mostly all double sided
12 stamps (wood & cling sets) varying prices of (.50c,.75c, $1-$2) each (sinfully-some of these stamps were $10 and $15 each)
Marvy Reindeer punch $1 (regularly $9.99)
5 LePlume markers (flesh and skin colors) .50c each
used my $21.00 store credit
Paid $12 bucks!
In line to check out, I got everyone singing Christmas carols and we ooo'd and ahhh'd everyone's purchases--we were laughing-one woman from Maine (artist) had to have her bags rolled out on a cart to another part of the store to pay--she bought all the Accucut dies (they are the size of a small bathroom window and thick like sizz dies--plus 6 bags loaded with everything! She was right behind me teaches and is going for her master's in art--etc. She admitted she only gets to this store 1-2 times a year--4 hour car ride for her! Poor thing!!! hahaha

OH..funny; one woman at the sale table asked me, "Aren't you the one that won the Marathon--and wrote about it in the newsletter?" I said, "Why yes, I am, and here I am again with no make-up, wet hair from my shower and instead of that bright orange t--a loud purple sweatshirt!" We both laughed!

Room Question: Do anyone of you know how to do the Northwoods stamps display--sticky paper glitter technique? I looked on Youtube--but nothing from exclusively on Northwood's stamps!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #1304
Watercolor Wizard

Susanne, I do it with a little glue that dries clear and sprinkle on some Glamor Dust or use the crystal effects and add glitter or glamor dust.

I did the card sketch for this week.
Christmas Card for Hunter by Linda Palmer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm going to do another card using the sketch but the card will be square.

Sorry you guys are getting speeding tickets. It's a wonder I haven't gotten one but so far I'm okay. I've never had a speeding ticket but only because I have never been caught. I do tend to have a heavy foot.

I am drinking all that fun stuff tomorrow. I am having a colonoscopy on Monday morning. I dread having to swallow all that nasty drink.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #1305
Gabfest Goddess

I haven't done the sketch quite yet. I'm really trying to get one of my swaps done (cards) and I'm having issues with my copics. For this one, I'm send the image, so I can't ruin another with a big blob of ink!! So, going slowly...I hope to get the sketch done tonight. Hopefully.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #1306

Susanne, do you have a Xyron sticker maker (large one)? I've run my images through the Xyron to put sticky all over it and then peel the paper off and sprinkle with glue.

Have had company most of the day so haven't had a chance to take a photo of the cardkit from Pat and now we are getting ready to go out for dinner.

Tomorrow my youngest DD and DGD are going to see Breaking Dawn 2. DD just finished her CNA classes and will begin her internship on Monday then take state certification test. She said she will then sign up for QMA classes after having logged 1000 hours as CNA. Step by step I think she'll continue and become RN.

Susanne, thanks for the heads up with the scrapmart spellbinders sale; I did get 2 of the dies on my list, so no complaints 2 for the price of one basically; the others were sold out by the time I got the order to go through which was this morning.

Time to go; wishing everyone a good evening.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #1307
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I feel so bad for Denise. I hope the steriods help.

Heather - Claire is just adorable. I see a definite future crafter on your hands.

I briefly looked at the sale and thought, what could I possibly need? I am really trying to use what I have. Otherwise we will have to build on for storage reasons.

Now I am off to make my card for the challenge posted above.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #1308
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie--good idea-I always forget about my Xyron (own the small one) But you are right, I bet I could zip it through there and make the glitter card! I'll have to play with mine-hope Michaels/Acmoore still sell the cartridges?!

Also, I "caught" (3) spellbinders--and could have bought more had they been available--my big Spellbinders want is the Huge (grandsize) decorative square I think they call it #1 or something? Its so I can make my 6" cards from it as a base...saw it on Amazon for $37--will keep my eyes peeled for it!

I may need some direction on where to post our newchallenge card...later I will finish it and ask again...utoh..dinner's ready..bbl

Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #1309
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post

Oh, and if anyone is interested in CKC, there will be one in Fort Wayne, Indiana, end of May! Yep, I plan to attend. Fort Wayne is about 2 1/2 hours drive, so I'm putting some moolah back to attend that event! I LOVED CKC in Kansas City and meeting Tracie. Patti, I don't know how close Fort Wayne is to you, but maybe a possibility to meet up!
I think Fort Wayne is about a 4 hour drive for me. Very doable. I'll put it on my calendar, would love to go and meet up with you, Vickie!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #1310

Linda, I know what you mean about drinking that "stuff!" I've had 3 colonoscopy exams and am not looking forward to another one due anytime since it's been 5 years since the last one. Maybe this spring I'll have it scheduled, or not!

I plan to create the sketch challenge card in the morning, and will take the photo of my awesome cardkit from Pat then also.

Oh Patti...that would be fabulous to meet up in Fort Wayne.

Tracie, I've told myself to use what I have, but when I have a little extra in my pocket, I shop! Just today I placed a stampin up order for things I don't need but want, placed the order for the 2 spellbinder dies, placed an order from SimonSays for 2 MFT dies...oh, and I ordered 4 of the embossing folder binders from the Hobby Lobby online store. I have filled 6 of those binders so far. The 4 should be delivered on Wednesday; will get them filled and see how many more binders I need...this is the first phase of my craftroom re-organization! I plan to start on a full re-organization after Thanksgiving!

Very tired and I'm rambling so will say good night.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #1311
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I finished my NEW challenge---now where do I post it? I am so"SSMIS" that I don't know where this goes....helpers? haha! I used an adorable Hero Arts stamp-fun and very colorful....

Vickie-my sister just commented about my meager spending on craft items- $20 here and there...blah-blah--if you use it-its your thing--better than any other addiction! It's my craft--she's sewing, beading etc....I do this! I will take a step back and account for the few new things-design new things...class is Saturday- Christmas cards lurking...but I also sell my cards so one pays for another!

So tell me Heather, Vickie, Patti, Tracie---where do I post this new challenge?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #1312
Gabfest Goddess

Susanne, post it in your SCS gallery. I'm assuming you know how to do that, since your gallery has so much beautiful stuff in it already? Remember when you're filling out the card details to put the keyword SC411 into the keyword box.

Then, go to the thread I mentioned and post the link to your gallery card in that thread....something like this......

Quote:
I managed to finish mine tonight. Here it is:
Fall Thank You by JadeOnline - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
If you head over to the thread, you'll probably see my post there. I'm heading there right after I post this. I can't wait to see your card!!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #1313
Forum Fanatic

Hey Ladies,

WOW- a looooot of chat and shopping here !!!

Susanne- Sounds like you had a blast at your shopping trip. And how funny that you were recognized.

Heather- Claire looks so sweet and i bet she have a lot of fun in your craft room !!

Denise- Hope you are feeling better soon and i hope the med helps !

Joanna- Many thanks for sending my pages !

Vickie- Have fun with Patīs kit.

Patti/Jo - Sorry about your speeding ticket. Sounds like me. In the urban area you may go here 30 miles. Like many, I also think that it is very slow and go mostly 40. I always hope that nobody flashes me. LOL

Great idea with the challenge, Heather. I saw yours and Lindaīs card. They are very pretty.

Wish everyone a great Sunday !
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #1314
Watercolor Wizard

Oh, I really liked that sketch! Made two cards from it:

Versatile Sympathy by MommaPatti - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and
Melon Mambo Thanks by MommaPatti - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks, Heather!

Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't sleep, so I got up and played in the craft room a bit. DH got called into the hospital shortly after I got up, poor guy, now he's sleeping in the recliner in the living room. He's gonna sleep through all the football today!

Susanne, wow, what a haul from your Absolutely Everything shopping trip!! Looking forward to seeing your card for the sketch challenge. AND CONGRATULATIONS!! Saw that your dancing AI girls on the Nutcracker stage was mentioned not once, BUT TWICE in the favorites for the week!! AWESOME!!

Thinking of Denise and keeping her in prayer....

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #1315
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I can't tell you how much I enjoy this thread.

Patti - I love your cards. Both are beautiful. I have mine done. Will get a picture of it done today and posted.

Vickie - I love it when you tell me what you bought. Now I am off to look at those sites.

Big question - Is anyone buying any crafty items on Black Friday? Have you heard of any big sales?

Linda - Ugh - I don't like that stuff to drink. I had one in 2010 so I think I am good for a while. Never fun.

Can't wait to see Joanna and Imke's pages. I'm sure they are wonderful.

I am finishing up cards for a swap today and then I volunteered to make my parents Christmas cards. They are sooo funny because they went to buy some and they all say Made in China. Another requirement is that is has to say Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays. So I am off to try and find something simple.

Have a great Sunday.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #1316
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie-this week alone has been oogled with great discounts--Scrapmart had the spellbinders @ 50% off, I have been getting emails from Joann's, eksuccess, inkadinkadoo, Martha stewart,K&Co...checkout acherryontop, scrapbook.com

Lil' pre-holiday-teasers--

FYI: if you sign up @ scrapmart--you get their 40% discount 1ce a month-every month--I have used this successfully a couple of times--they don't have all the stamps--but they get a bunch of new ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I can't tell you how much I enjoy this thread.

Patti - I love your cards. Both are beautiful. I have mine done. Will get a picture of it done today and posted.

Vickie - I love it when you tell me what you bought. Now I am off to look at those sites.

Big question - Is anyone buying any crafty items on Black Friday? Have you heard of any big sales?

Linda - Ugh - I don't like that stuff to drink. I had one in 2010 so I think I am good for a while. Never fun.

Can't wait to see Joanna and Imke's pages. I'm sure they are wonderful.

I am finishing up cards for a swap today and then I volunteered to make my parents Christmas cards. They are sooo funny because they went to buy some and they all say Made in China. Another requirement is that is has to say Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays. So I am off to try and find something simple.

Have a great Sunday.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #1317
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I love all the enablers on here. Question for Susanne and Vickie - what is the code this month for scrapmart coupon. I have cleaned out my emails and of course my coupon was on there. I am shopping today from my computer. Who knows what I will buy. Susanne - you gave me some great places to go.

I got my challenge card posted. You can see it HERE .

Old 11-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #1318
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my SCS411
Attached Thumbnails
have-yourself-merry-little-christmas-004.jpg  

Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #1319
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know how you gals get the liner instead of the picture--when I "Go Advanced" and then "manage uploads" this is what happens! Anything I am missing?

Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #1320
Stazon Splitcoast

Awe...thanks Patti--see here again I know not where to look every week--I just happened to see their comments on my SSMIS page place where they posted this information! I was determined to use both "active gals" in one card w/o having a 10x10 card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
Oh, I really liked that sketch! Made two cards from it:

Versatile Sympathy by MommaPatti - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and
Melon Mambo Thanks by MommaPatti - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks, Heather!

Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't sleep, so I got up and played in the craft room a bit. DH got called into the hospital shortly after I got up, poor guy, now he's sleeping in the recliner in the living room. He's gonna sleep through all the football today!

Susanne, wow, what a haul from your Absolutely Everything shopping trip!! Looking forward to seeing your card for the sketch challenge. AND CONGRATULATIONS!! Saw that your dancing AI girls on the Nutcracker stage was mentioned not once, BUT TWICE in the favorites for the week!! AWESOME!!

Thinking of Denise and keeping her in prayer....

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Closed Thread