Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #921
Watercolor Wizard

Angela, I want the Elvis cupcake recipe. Not only am I a huge Elvis fan, I love bananna cake or cupcakes. Got my catty yesterday. I am having a hard time choosing.

Vickie, can't wait to see you pks.

Susanne, thanks for the recipe.

Nothing going on here today except a ton of errands. We went to the meat market, HL, grocery store, library and out to eat breakfast. I wanted the library ap so I can check out ebooks on my ipad.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #922
Die Cut Diva

Kathy sorry about your grandmother...when my grandmother's health was so bad and she was in pain...I knew I was being selfish to wish her here with us when it was time for her to be with my grandpa...still miss them both after all these years. After a while when you think of her it will be when she was healthy and happy and you'll have lots of good memories.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #923
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the recipe:

Elvis Cupcakes

1 pkg. plain yellow cake mix (18.25 oz, no pudding in mix)
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.

Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes more. The batter should look thick and well combined. Stir in chips.

Use 1/3 cup batter to fill cup 3/4 full.

Bake until cupcakes are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger; 18-20 minutes. (We bake for 8 minutes, flip and rotate pans, bake for 8 minutes more.) Remove from pans to cool.

Peanut Butter Buttercream

8 oz. unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons heavy cream

Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add powdered sugar and salt; beat at medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrap bowl. Add vanilla and heavy cream; beat until combined, about 10 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.

Pipe frosting onto cupcakes using your favorite tip. Garnish with a sprinkling of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

***This buttercream melts in your mouth...so yummy! It's a customer favorite. Let me know if you try them and if you like them.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #924
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, we give some of the patients Boost or Ensure...not sure how is tastes...have never tried it.

About the jewelry: If you want to have a "book party" with friends, I can give you (the hostess) $25 for $250 spent (before tax and shipping). $30 for $300, $40 for $400, and so on. This is a great way to earn your jewelry. Today I was sorting charms and dangles...so much fun! My Mom bought me a locket for my birthday, so I will get it when she comes home from Arizona. (She ordered it before I decided to sign up.)

We just got done making Raspberry Lemonade and Lemon Cupcakes...off to sample one now....

Last edited by monkeymama; 03-05-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #925
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for the recipe and for the info Angela.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #926
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Angie, some people say the strangest things...they must be lacking a filter! Those comments are unkind and must be hurtful to you. Both my Mom and my sister are fans of short hair. For years, they would say to me, "You'd be so cute if you'd cut your hair." Finally one day I had had enough and told one of them that comments like that are really hurtful. What a look I got! I generally will take whatever they dish out and not say anything, so it shocked and surprised them. Neither of them ever said anything again so they must have spoken about it. Really though, I doubt if they would say that to a stranger so what makes them think it's acceptable to say it to someone they know?!

I just signed a paper so Ivy could try out for cheerleading. I tell you...it floored me that she would want to try out! Since she didn't get to wrestle and her Dad didn't want her taking stats for them either, she thought she could be a wrestling cheerleader. Can't wait to see how this plays out....

What is everybody up to today?

Last edited by monkeymama; 03-06-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #927
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I noticed that All That Scraps is now a Member Company here at SCS. Does anybody know who left? Just curious....

Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #928
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Thank you Lynne for the awesome cardkit package! I LOVE it all! Lynne sent me a fabulous color-coordinated kit! Blues and turquoise! The kit included lots of die cuts, strips of cardstock already embossed and already die cut, strip of striped ribbon, flowers with bling, gorgeous rhinestone flourish with a crocheted flower, a beautifully patterned doily, gorgeous ribbon packs, gorgeous double sided patterned paper, cute stamped images ready to color, a notepad and sticky notes, and an Inkadinkado stamp set called Inspirational Lift that I can't wait to ink up! And, Lynne included a gorgeous card with the kit. Thank you so very much.
Attached Thumbnails
kit-lynne-vky.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #929
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Oh, I noticed that All That Scraps is now a Member Company here at SCS. Does anybody know who left? Just curious....
The Greeting Farm is gone!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #930
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Thank you Lynne for the awesome cardkit package! I LOVE it all! Lynne sent me a fabulous color-coordinated kit! Blues and turquoise! The kit included lots of die cuts, strips of cardstock already embossed and already die cut, strip of striped ribbon, flowers with bling, gorgeous rhinestone flourish with a crocheted flower, a beautifully patterned doily, gorgeous ribbon packs, gorgeous double sided patterned paper, cute stamped images ready to color, a notepad and sticky notes, and an Inkadinkado stamp set called Inspirational Lift that I can't wait to ink up! And, Lynne included a gorgeous card with the kit. Thank you so very much.
Wow! That is beautifully coordinated. Love it!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #931

Thank you Angela for the awesome cardkit package. I LOVE it all! Angela sent me a color coordinated kit in shades of black and gray! The kit includes cardstock and Magnolia stamped images, Prima Say it With Crystals, Ghirardelli chocolate, a Pink Paislee 6x6 paper pad, Prima Vintage Trinkets, a Verve stamp set called Wonderfully Made (can't wait to ink it up!), Prima Flowers, black velvet ribbon, black beaded trim, Maya Road heart stick pins, black birdgage die cuts, and a cute chick card! Thank you so very much!
Attached Thumbnails
kit-angela-.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #932

oooh, I forgot to add the Marine Star Gelly Roll pen that Lynne included in the cardkit!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #933
Gabfest Goddess

Has anyone heard from Lena? I hope she's doing alright.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #934
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Has anyone heard from Lena? I hope she's doing alright.
She and Tina and their husbands are in Vegas for the week. She had a pic on facebook and someone over on Wish Rak mentioned it. I'm glad they are having a get away!

Fun kits Vickie!

Lynne, I've been told the same thing, "you used to be so thin and pretty" OMG, why do people say these things!!???

Cheerleading for Ivy, wow, she never stops. She's really so active and does so many things, that's great. Going to try the Elvis cupcakes soon!

Pat, thank you for the kind words. I know what you mean, selfishly I wanted her to be around for me, but it wasn't any kind of life for her. She was very weak. I do have lots of good and funny memories that will definitely bring me comfort.

Linda, I never knew you were a big Elvis fan, until I saw all of your pins! I like Elvis a lot, too. My dad LOVES anything Elvis. Our father/daughter song at my wedding was Elvis's Take Good Care of Her.

My in laws came over to babysit tomorrow for us, so we can go to the funeral. We were going to take the kids, but weather looks like it will be bad, so I'm glad they could come and help us out.

Tracie, what did you order from Origami Owl? I keep looking at all the options, and am not 100% sure what I want. I'm drawn to the sparkly stuff, lol!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #935

One last story to add. My dh was preparing two chickens to roast tonight. Lilah asked "are they alive?". He told her no, that you don't eat live chickens. She just said Ok and walked away. When my in laws arrived, she ran up to them and said, "Guess what is for dinner tonight? My favorite, DEAD CHICKEN!" It was pretty funny, they were completely taken aback, lol!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #936
Glitter Guru

Kath: I am ALWAYS drawn to the sparkly stuff!

Vickie: Wow, what great kits you received! Love those birdcage die cuts that Angela gave you. Are those Tim?

I think A LOT of people don't think about their comments before they say them! When I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was amazed at the absolutely insane things that came out of people's mouth. The two that I remember vividly are (and remember that this was 32 years ago)
1) I had a grandmother who had diabetes ... she died. (I got this 3 times only it was different family members who died)
and
2) It is a good thing you got diabetes because you were really heavy before (this one of GREAT comfort to me when I not only gained all the weight back PLUS some)

Linda: My college roommate LOVED Elvis. As a result, I've seen nearly ALL his movies! Fun stuff. I'm thinking about making those banana cupcakes for Caleb's birthday. LOVE banana!

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Old 03-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #937
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, dead chicken...LOL! I hope you write that one down. I used to write the date and child's name when they would say something funny. Good memories....

Joanna, the diecuts are Tim Holtz. Would you like me to send you some? Let me know the color you would like. Now that I have your addy, I need to get your catalog in the mail too. I didn't get it done today...I spent most of the day making a card that turned out ugly...I have no mojo...sad but true.

Good to know Lena is having some R&R....

People do say the goofiest things.... When I was pregnant with Davis, I became very large, very fast. I was about 3 months along and one of the docs asked if I was having twins; when I said "no" another one looked at me with shock and said "you're having triplets?!" LOL I was that large! Another funny one was when a couple I know came to visit...the wife probably told me at least a dozen times (not joking) how "huge" I was. Her poor husband was mortified and was trying to get her to stop. I just smiled and said "yep, I am!" It didn't offend me at all because: 1. she wasn't trying to be mean, she just had no filter, and 2. she was right. LOL

Tavi is bringing me Nerf darts and I throw them to her...she can jump 3-4 feet off the ground. She's so funny...the retrieving cat!

You really have to try the Elvis cupcakes...delish! Tomorrow we have to bake German Chocolate and Caramel Apple...the apple cake is from scratch and so yummy!

I have laundry and ironing to finish....

Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #938
Die Cut Diva

Kathy that Lilah is precious..."dead chicken". Makes you wonder about those wheels turning and taking in everything!!

Angela, sounds like Ivy has lots of different interests...its great that she can try things and find out what she is really suited for.

I'm still wishing for some warmer weather...hopefully this weekend. Really I shoud be grateful that we haven't had all the snow that so many of you have had to deal with. I'm just not a winter person and I'm always happy to put it behind me.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #939
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone!
Snowin' here (kinda off and on) 9" by tomorrow night (maybe if rain doesn't bust in and take over!) Patrick's praying for a snow day--in his nice clean fluffed up bed! BOY's? HUH, 3 of his pillowcases were shoved in the cockles of his mattress--his foamy bed thing was hangin' out about 3 feet--I was collecting dirty laundry in their room--I could not stand it--stripped the room down, dusted, vacuumed, stripped beds--it's like a cleaned hotel room up there right now!!! hahaha (Their version of clean is much different then mine)

Lynne--that's just not right to ask someone if they are preggo or say you used to be pretty what happened? Awful--awful thing to say to anyone. {{{hugs for Lynne}}}

Angela-I was absolutely HUGE with Shane--I have to find this hysterical photo of me in a navy/white striped one pc bathing suit--I am posing sideways next to our house--not sure which was bigger--me or the side of the house! I got the "twins" or are you due tomorrow-in my 6th month, 'you're huge' from strangers! I just laughed it off--

Kathleen--so sorry about your grandma. Isn't Lilah adorable? I like dh's answer how 'we don't eat the live chickens'...very good answer--now that I live next to chickens and see them walking around in my back yard while I am cooking their relatives in our kitchen!!! EEEK!

Vickie--ooh la la on the kits stash huh? I don't care how old we are--love getting mail and my 'cardkits'...it's better than Christmas!

Well, tomorrow is "throw back" day for Patrick's HS Spirit week (seems kinda funny-cute that here my big huge muscular 18 year old man-boy has to 'dress in theme' for his HS this week--of course he does not take this the least bit seriously like the girls in the school--he'll wear old Niki sneakers with jeans and call them his "throw back" from earlier times!!! (lame) haha But, boy's shall be boy's and he's happy not to have to wear his uniform!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

PS...Who's watching the Bachelor...who do you think will win?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #940
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Well I am trying to catch up. I have been busy watching Season 2 of Dowton Abbey. I am so addicted thanks to Vickie.

Kathy - I ordered a necklace for my sister who is a crazy dog lover and I think I ordered the chocolate charm for her also. Can't wait to get it. Was planning on sending it to her for Easter. She is not married and doesn't have kids so I try and send her goodies every once in a while.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #941
Stazon Splitcoast

I be an upload photo queen tonight---Here's my tri-shutter bday card for my sis in England...(Obviously her name is "Janice") haha These are super easy once you jot down the measurement for each box--in the SCS tutorial--she has one measurement incorrect--may jot them a note if I think about it. Anyway...here goes
Attached Thumbnails
jan-51-bday-001.jpg   jan-51-bday-002.jpg   jan-51-bday-003.jpg  

Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #942
Stazon Splitcoast

I cannot upload it to my blog until AFTER she rec's it--she's the one who says she doesn't like a 'bunch of junk' on a card--so I think I did my fair share of 'just enough'? We'll see!

These cards are very easy once you get the hang of it...

Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 AM   #943
Forum Fanatic

Susanne- Gorgeous Tri Shutter Card. I have to tried it once. They looks sooo pretty !

Kathy- About Lena: Itīs great to hear that they spend some time together. They have such a rough time.
Lilahīs statement about the "Dead Chicken" makes me smile. Kids, hu ?

Angela- It seems like the stuff from Origami Owl hits a nerve Here in Germany we something similar.
Ivy wants to be a cheerleader ? Sounds exhausting but funny. Did she quit volleyball ?

Vickie- Wonderful packages !

Joanna- I canīt believe that somebody says this: "It is a good thing you got diabetes because you were really heavy before". Excuse me, but what kind of an idiot ?

Pat- Give me five I also NOT a winter person !! I am waiting eagerly for the spring. The last 2 days were amazing. We had sunshine and it was already 15 degrees. Today it's all over. Grey skies and it become colder
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #944
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke--thanks! If you would like my "cheat sheet" on measurements--I will post it in a bit...makes for a very easy visual;

Start with a 5 1/2" x 12" base card

Score @ 2", 4", 8" and 10"

Cut with trimmer at 1 1/2 at both sides of the long end (from 2" to 10")

I will take a photo and upload the rest...easy peasy!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #945
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
You know what I should have said to those comments? I should have said, "And you used to have manners".
Ha! That's a good one! Maybe I should insult you this weekend just so you have the pleasure of using the comeback?

Lynne, Claire and I are hitting the craft stores this weekend. Lynne tells me there's a new scrap store about 30 minute to the south of us, so we thought we'd go check it out.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #946
Watercolor Wizard

Susanne, I am very interested in making one of these cards but will need all the help you can give me. I love your card, so beautiful.

Kathy and Joanna, all of my Grandkids (all 17) used to take turns spending the weekends with me 2-3 at a time. They all learned very young who Elvis was, his music and his movies. There was a 10 year period in my life I was single and I kept some of the kids every weekend. This was after the girls Dad died. Anyway all of my grandchildren know Elvis very well. Denise's daughter Nickie gets upset if I don't make her an Elvis Christmas card. In my 6th & 7th grade years I became a fan when he was on the Ed Sullivan TV shows so I grew up with Elvis. He is still one of my favorites, love his music. I did make myself an Elvis board on pinterest.

Lynn, can't believe anyone was so rude to you. There are such rude and weird people in this world, don't know why it surprised me so.

Kathy, Lilah is too funny. She is such a little doll. I love her name. I bet she has Chuck wrapped around her little finger. I am thinking of you and so sorry for your loss.

Tracie, I still haven't gone and rented the first season. I need to check and see if the library has it because I really want to see both of the past seasons. Glenda got me hooked on it.

Susanne, did you get a lot of snow? We had two of the lightest snows ever. I am a Spring and Fall person but love one heavy snow now that I don't have to drive in it.

Imke and Pat, I am also a warm weather person. The winter type of weather is much worse for me because of my RA. Constant back and forth weather are hard on me, like this winter has been. We have had more 60 degree weather this winter than 30-40 degree weather, but then this morning it was 18 when I got up but now it is 50. CRAZY weather.

Angela, I think Ivy is going to be making a great living after her school years are over. She seems to have a great head for business. I guess you are much happier with her going out for cheerleader than for wrestling. lol!! She seems quite independent which is good. I love all the different charms in the book and can't make up my mind. When I do I will be ordering and just let you add it to someone else's party or order.

So glad Lena and Tina are having fun in Vegas. I knew they were going but didn't know their hubby's were going and that is great for all of them. I heard that this treat was on Tina for her Mom. Hoping they have so much fun.

Vickie, your kit looks great. You are going to have lots of fun with it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #947
Stazon Splitcoast

Still snowin' here--I guess we're supposed to be clobbered with it tonight? It wasn't sticking on the roads when I was last out about 2 hours ago...we'll see!

As promised...here is my "cheat sheet" for the Tri Shutter card...Hope this makes sense...but I like to look at something and scale it down to one short cheat sheet--These measurements are for the base card you use...you can certainly ADD onto this by trimming a smidgen off the top layer!
Attached Thumbnails
cheat-sheet-tri-shutter-card-003.jpg  

Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #948

Love your tri-fold cards Susanne! Not the easiest for me to make so I really appreciate your cheat sheet! Actually, the one in my gallery is the only one I've created and I said to myself, never again! LOL

Wow, that envelope punch board by We Are Memories is a very popular new tool! One of the vendors at the stamp show had it for pre-order and said he has orders for 700 of them and only a shipment of 200 expected this week! His next shipment (of which my pre-order will be part of!) will arrive in April!!!

Happy for Lena and Tina getting away for a few days.

Angela, I hope Ivy makes the cheer sqad. Jenni was cheerleader/gymnast in her junior year of HS and I was the HS cheer coach! I loved watching the team (we had boys as "spotters"). It was kind of a challenge at times because; I had to ride the bus with the cheer team to the away games and they could get really loud at times!!! DH always went with me on those trips. My rule was if you ride to the game on the bus you ride back on the bus after the game! There was one girl who tried to test this a couple times, and wanted to go back with her boyfriend; I stuck to my rule until her parents intervened and say it was okay for her to ride back with BF; I got it in writing from them because if for some reason, the BF decided to leave before game was over, she could be stranded because the bus was returning on schedule! WOW! Didn't mean to write a book, but it's kinda like a blast from the past that I've not thought of for quite awhile!

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #949
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody; just checking in before I iron and head to bed.

Heather and Lynne, it sounds like you will have fun on your shopping trip! It's good that you are breaking Claire in while she is young and showing her how it's all done....

Susanne, your card is beautiful! Thanks for the tips in creating one....

Angie, sadly I think manners are a thing of the past with a lot of people. We talk about this at work sometimes.

Imke, no, Ivy didn't quit volleyball. Even with AAU volleyball this winter, she has been missing having a "winter sport" at school.

Cheerleading tryouts were today after school. They were all assigned numbers and had to try out for 4 judges, 2 from different colleges. I guess all of the girls but 1 wanted to be on the wrestling squad, so I was really wondering if she would make it. We had to stop by the school after work to see the posting...they were almost 1 1/2 hours late getting it up...she was nervous.... She made the wrestling squad! I tell you, I really can't believe that I have a daughter who is a cheerleader...I was captain and she has given me so much grief over the years.... I hope she will enjoy it; we always had a lot of fun...it was a great group of girls. Such good memories! It sounds like you had a fun experience too, Vickie!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #950
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Mail!!!

Kathy's wonderful kit arrived today!! Claire and I opened it together and Claire found a few things she liked at first peek. Spent about 20 minutes walking around the basement with her new cupcake shirts and pants over her shoulder. Claire and I were downstairs first, so she was pretty excited to show off her new stuff to Daddy. Silly girl!! Loved the book too.

And my package.....eeek!!! Love the cupcake stamps and that cute paper (so much variety in one pack!). Thank you for the bow die, washi tape and embossing folder. Claire was just itching to get at those cupcake buttons too...and the beautiful card!!! Love it all...Thanks so much, Kathy!

The first picture is of Claire with one of the new tops. She kept alternating between the clothing items.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2830.jpg   img_2834.jpg   img_2836.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #951
Watercolor Wizard

Oh my, I have missed so much!! Lots of photos posted, and kits arriving! I am at work for what seems like the eighty-fifth night in a row (of course, it's not really that many, but sure seems like it). We are busy as can be, census is up to 42 babies, but I will comment on as much as i possibly can.

Heather, what a wonderful kit from Kathy, and it looks like Claire is really getting into this swap thing! Loving the pics you share of her growing, and the new avatar with her, too!

Angela, so happy to hear Ivy made the cheerleading squad!! Such a busy young lady she is, with cheering, and volleyball, and the cupcake business! (Makes that busy for you, too!)

Vickie, I was a cheer coach, too, for my daughters team in junior high. Every once in awhile one of my "old" cheerleaders (well, they are in their thirties now), posts an old photo on FB.I gotta admit, I love the "blasts from the past"! Especially since I weighed about 100 pounds back then!

Susanne, you have been one busy gal! Beautiful tri-fold card! Now that you've provided a "cheat sheet" I may have to try it! (But I gotta get to work on my card of the month for across the hall!) Wondering how much snow you have now....

Kathy, are you getting tons of snow, too? Lilah's comment had me laughing!! How cute!

Lynne, I am loving your comeback (even though it was in hindsight) to the rude comment made to you! I will have to remember that...there certainly are an excess of rude people in the world, and your "You used to have manners" is just perfect! Hope you, Heather, and Claire have a great craft shopping trip this weekend! Make sure you tell us all about it!

Tracie, have you gotten the Origami Owl necklace yet? Would you be willing to post a picture of the one you got for your sister? I have seen a couple of them...ordered one from a gal at work back in November as a Christmas gift for my best friend and it was gorgeous! I am looking forward to ordering my own very soon from Angela.

Happy to hear that Tina and Lena have taken a little getaway. They both need it!!

Holy moly! I didn't realize that our Linda had SEVENTEEN grandkids!! It's awesome that you were able to spend that time with them when they were little...and to introduce them to Elvis, the King of Rock!

Well, I'm sorry I can't get more caught up, but one of my little ones is crying, so I'd better go take care of my patient. Going to Cincinnati (about a 4 hour drive from Cleveland) this weekend to visit with Tom's brother and his family. We are taking Tom's mom, and Daniel along with us, so it won't be the usual fun "adult" weekend, but we always have a great time when we visit them. So I won't be able to stop back in til the weekend is over...Hope you all have a great one!

Proud Fan Club Member

featured stamper #511
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #952
Forum Fanatic

Susanne- Thanks for the tutorial and your cheat sheet. Does not look very complicated, but very oranate to decorate. There is so much space.

Heather- Claire is such a sweetheart. Cute nice avatar picture and thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks that you both had lots of fun to unpack Kathyīs package BTW wonderful package !! Can you tell me from which company is the bow die ?? I like the size.

Angela- I am pleased that she continue to play volleyball. I've done it for years- this was always my sport. Now that I'm older, I'd rather do aerobics, zumba and such. Tonight i have a Zumba class and i really looking forward !!

Patti- Wish you a wonderful weekend with Tomīs famiily and a safe travel !!

Lynne- Heather- You two live together in the same area or close ?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #953
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Heather - What a great kit from Kathy. I have never ordered from Verve but I love their stamps. What a great kit.

I will post pictures of my necklace when I get it. Anxiously waiting. Since I am ordering it for my sister I will have a better idea of what I will want for myself. I am off to teach a class on my LSS today. Should be fun.

Design Team for Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #954
Stazon Splitcoast

Clobbered with snow here again! Over a foot--schools closed but my darlin' is off to work! He looks funny in these big army-laced up hunting style boots and a suit with a Boston Bruins knit hat to top it off!!! "Boston Snow Fashion for the workin' man"-- I wanted to lasso him to our bed (haha-that sounded um...wrong) this morning--kept saying..stay home!!! While looking out our bedroom window you could barely see the neighbors house-poor visibility! But.. No way! Our crabby snow plow guy has not made his appearance but the garbage got picked up already--the street has been plowed!

Imke--you hit the nail on the head--once you have the tri card covered with the first layer of color you have to think how it will look with doodads all over it and how it will close--my sis is not a fan of 'too much stuff' on a card--so I left a lot open--since I have the polka dots and squirrly (sp) punch design--left well enough alone. They are fun to make though--I challenge you! Start with (3) coordinated papers...it's fun!

Nice kit Heather--I remember the days when my kids were small--hours would pass and I'd get nothing done--the ol' statement "It's like stapling jello to the wall" trying to get anything done with little ones around the house! Busy busy and the energy--thank goodness around dinner time everyone would settle and watch a cartoon or Disney movie so I could cook dinner--start the 10th shift of the day! Enjoy! Claire is adorable!

My big tough Patrick is going for a throat culture today at 11! He has had a congested chest...and last night a light fever with more cold symptoms...it's like this thing is working backwards--so I had to put my foot down and make the appt for him. He's the one that is allergic to Penicillin so he'll get something stronger if they suspect it is strep.

Well, off to do something--have a great day!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #955
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie..so much for my "dorky" envy template I sent you in your kit just recently--now I want one of those envy makers--I zoomed over to Youtube to see a demo...darn..adding it to my wish list!

I have used my "dorky" hand drawn template--does come in handy for my chunky 5.5 cards and making some out of all this paper I have--really lights up a mailbox! You just need to type/write the addy on solid paper!

Oh, I got to watching the videos from the CHA 2013 event--Did you all know you can emboss the flowers that come in those containers--ck out WOW embossing powders videos--you stamp and layer embossing powder (heat it) layer more...I think I would do this with a bunch on one day and be done with it--but it does 'change' the flower and if you had a project where you needed striped daisies in a odd color--it works!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #956
Stazon Splitcoast

Beate's leaving Spellbinders DT--Spellbinders is looking for more people to add to their DT!!! Sad to see Beate leave her post there (she's fab!) but just think about being on their DT--dreamin' here...I filled out the application--not expecting to hear from them...but what the heck right? Nothing ventured-nothing gained as mama use to say hahaha! Go sign up everyone!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #957

We didn't get as much as you Suzanne. Schools are on 2 hour delay. Love the try fold card, so cool! Good luck with the spellbinders dt call. That would be awesome!

Way to go Ivy, making the cheerleading team! That's great.

Heather, glad it arrived. Love the photo of Claire, too cute.

Imke, the die is from Lil Inkers. I have the small and med. size ones. I think the med is actually a bit too big for a card. I'll make up the bows and take a pic. so you can see the sizes.

Tracie, hope your class is great! Don't hesitate to order from Verve, their service is OUTSTANDING! They always ship fast, and she offers sales too!

Patti, don't work too hard. Enjoy your weekend trip.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #958
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Lynne- Heather- You two live together in the same area or close ?
We pretty much live at opposite ends of the same city. About a 20 minute drive in between. Leduc is a small town to the south of us, about 20 minutes, which has 2 craft stores and Sherwood Park is about 20 minutes east of us, with 1 craft store.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #959
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the comments on my new picture. I got some professional pictures of Claire done last weekend and I'm totally in love with them!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #960
Watercolor Wizard

I also love Verve. Denise and I both have ordered lots of their stamps. I need to dig mine out and see about using some. Their shipping is great.

Heather, awesome kit from Kathy. I also love those new photos of Claire. She is so cute.

Patti glad to see you popping in. I know those sweet babies keep you so busy. Yes 17 grandkids but I also have 25 greats with one on the way...

I need to get busy coloring the image for this week. So not wanting to make cards right now. My photos are coming out awful, colors changed etc. Takes all the fun out of making a card when they don't photo right. I am sure it is my problem, I am just using a Canon that is supposed to do it all for you but I am sure I am doing it wrong.

Susanne, thinking of Patrick and praying it is not strep. That is pretty miserable. Let us know.

Angela, another thing for Ivy to do. I'll bet she is great at it. Send us a photo when she is dressed in her uniform for cheerleading.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread