Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2019, 01:19 AM   #1
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Question Roll Call

Hi Everyone!

I thought it would be great to know who is part of this group - whether you chat in the monthly thread or just browse the information and then send cards....I would love to know who you are. So if you are comfortable, please post on this thread and include your name (first and last) and tell us anything you would like about yourself. Also, only if you are comfortable, I would love to have your mailing address. If you are willing to share that with me you can PM me or email me at [email protected].

I'll start us off....my name is Zella and I live in Ohio with my hubby (Russ) and our two furry children - Boots (who is pictured as my avatar) and Willow. I've been stamping for gee, has it really been over 10 years? Where has the time gone! My style has changed over the years. I used to try to do everything and thought I had to have every tool and every new gadget...but over the years I have learned that I'm really a basic card maker...I don't do a lot of layers or embellishments. I wouldn't say I'm CAS but very close. I also crochet quite a bit. I do work full time so my crafting time is limited but I do when I can and find it relaxing. I've come to love this group and am honored to be part of it and this great community.

My address:

Zella Turley
437 Bell St
Barberton, OH 44203

God bless you for all you do!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
susie718 likes this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
Compulsive Stamper

I would consider myself more of a "lurker." I participate every month sending cards, but rarely comment or post information. (As you can plainly see from the number of posts on my profile information) I just like to look. I live in E. PA.
I've been stamping and/or scrapbooking for about 20 years.
I hope more folks join in to tell about themselves.
russnzella, susie718 and stampmontana like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Watercolor Wizard

I'm Diane. Live in Carolina Shores, NC - about 20 miles north of Myrtle Beach (originally from NY) - with my husband and my bichon, Mia. I have 2 sons who are both out of the house . Been stamping for about 20 years. I consider myself a plain and simple stamper - I don't use a lot of embellishments. I'm also Operation Quiet Comfort's Card Project coordinator which has been a past recipient of all your wonderful cards.

Last edited by DLS881; 11-13-2019 at 03:43 PM..
russnzella and susie718 like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #4
Gallery Gazer

Nice to know more about you Zella and CJ Wink.

I hope everyone will join in and share a little about themselves.

My name is Jeri. I live in beautiful western Montana. I was born and raised here but have also lived in Colorado Springs, CO and Phoenix, AZ. I have been back in MT for 12 years.

I started stamping about 30 years ago. I always enjoy learning new things. I try to do many of the challenges here on SCS. I generally don't like my cards to be to bulky for mailing purposes. I also don't do too many techniques that are too involved of messy. I like to accomplish something in the time I have which sometimes seems very limited.

I am retired and I take care of my 90 year- old mother. She has dementia which can be challenging.

I have been on SCS for 10 years. The last couple of years I have enjoyed sending cards to Cards for a Cause. At first it was kind of sporadic, but now I try to make about 25 cards per month for the featured group.

I also try to send a card whenever some one has a card request on SCS. I really believe that cards can truly brighten a person's day.

Happy crafting everyone.

My Gallery
Oct 2019 Cards for a Cause
russnzella and susie718 like this post.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

I like the idea of sharing a few personal things with this group. So far have enjoyed hearing about some of the group’s participants. I'm a Jersey Girl through and through. I’ve been married to John for 43 years and I have three sons, two of whom are married to wonderful young women who I love like my own daughters. My third son, for years, was with a beautiful young women who passed away from Cystic Fibrosis this past year – and he has, for a time, moved back home.

I’ve always “crafted” in one form or another (crochet, crewel, needlework, baking, wood working, to name a few) but have only been making cards for about 10 years. About 15 years ago I went through a very difficult time and began writing to release some of the pressure. I birthed two published books from that experience and when I decided to stop writing (being an author is way harder than it looks and it is not at all glamorous – LOL) I began making cards. I have a very stressful day job that requires a lot of concentration and detail to minutiae, so writing was like taking on a second full-time job. Crafting, in its many forms, allows me to use the creative side of my brain so that I relax. I refuse to sell any of my work, so there is no pressure.

I am a Christian who has been blessed in so many ways. I like to use my crafts to help others. I made 130 hats for homeless this year and, of course, you know how wonderfully this group serves many different organizations. I LOVE this group!

Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Grace by the Cup: A Break from the Daily Grind
Faith Dipped Chocolate: Rich Encouragement to Sweeten Your Day

russnzella likes this post.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
Gallery Gazer

Thank you, Zella, for your enthusiasm and hard work in this group! My name is Rita and I live in Virginia with my hubby of 44 years and our collie, Buddy. I've been a card maker for 25 years. I love making and sending cards of encouragement. This is the first month that I've participated in Cards for a Cause and I hope to have the time to continue sending cards in the future.
Card Angel with Chemo Angels
https://www.chemoangels.com/
Old 11-18-2019, 03:44 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

I'm not normally one for these things - preferring to quietly slip into the background in support roles, running the other way when the spotlight turns in my direction, usually with Hubby leading the way.
I'm Gina, wife and HEA to Dan, and we are being drug painfully into our metal years - gold in our teeth, silver in our hair, and lead in our... well you get the picture.

We've a now-too-big home in SW Florida, the kids having abandoned us years ago! We're happy here, both on the short downhill slide towards Retirement. We're close enough we're looking for ways to stay active, instead of slipping into the dreaded 'retirement syndrome' of rotation through hospital and rehab and assisted care we see so frequently down here in Retired-folks-central.

I've always been a crafter - and imparted some of that love to my girls, who today both display crafty and creative tenancies. I went to the Annual Scrapbook Expo with my eldest this past spring, and hope to repeat that adventure next year! I've conquered crocheting, liquid stained glass, cake decorating, and spent quite a while with counted crosss-stitch and needlepoint, until it gave me headaches. Then i started with Scrap-booking, which quickly evolved into card making, and that's where I've been for several years, having amassed enough craft supplies to open my own store. I started with donations to Operation Write Home, and when she shut down found Split Coast Stampers.

We're both still working, i'm an IT Business Analyst supporting one location in a highly recognizable international company. In my spare time, around work and cooking and crafting, we're taking care of our last surviving parent, preparing slowly for retirement, and volunteering as much as we can with the Collier-Lee Honor Flight hub.

And Greatly appreciate this group and your tolerance as i run late on donations - Not lack of caring - just more time being co-opted by outside influences than I'd planned! But I love having somewhere to guide my creativity and where to send creations to!

And to quote Mel - That's All Folks!
Old 11-20-2019, 06:35 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm Sharon. I live in Michigan and am a widow. I have two adult children and retired. I have been cardmaking for about 15 years. I enjoy sending cards to C4AC, and I also participate in the weekly challenges. I belong to a travel group and do some day trips every now and then. Thank you, Zella, for all your hard work with this fantastic group.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:52 PM   #9
Stampin' Fool

Cathy Roler here. I'm another lurker. Married 48 years to my love, Mark. Living in Olive Branch, MS for about 14 years. I've always crafted, doing most kinds of needle arts but now concentrating mostly on quilting and making cards. Couldn't quite find my niche with cards until last year when I discovered dies! It's put the fun into making cards for me! I used to make cards for my dad to give monthly when he lived in senior apts. Now that he's gone, I found Bring Smiles to Seniors thru SCS and made my first donation of 129 cards (several months' worth) to them recently, and plan to continue. I've donated to a couple other causes too, so I never know what will strike my fancy. I have some health challenges that keep me home but I'm not crazy yet! Glad to be part of this group of generous givers.