Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/)
-   -   APRIL 2018 Mission - CARDS FOR A CAUSE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-f215/april-2018-mission-cards-cause-t623645.html)

va.sunshine 03-31-2018 06:23 PM

APRIL 2018 Mission - CARDS FOR A CAUSE

2018 Cards For A Cause
APRIL MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!

ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED:
Brighter Birthdays
https://www.brighterbirthdays.org/

Description of Organization:
“For many children, birthdays are considered to be one of the most important days of their lives. While a number of organizations help make holidays special, far fewer focus on birthdays. This may leave some disadvantaged children unable to fully celebrate their special day. BrighterBirthdays’ mission is to change this. Founded in 2017, we are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) service organization dedicated to giving underprivileged children brighter birthdays.
Underprivileged children with upcoming birthdays are identified by their schools. We provide these students with birthday bags filled with party supplies, treats, crafts, toys and basic living essentials. All of this is made possible through caring supporters who donate items, make financial contributions or give generously of their time.”

CONTACT PERSON:
Teresa - va.sunshine

Referred by:
Linda - LindaBabe

TYPE OF CARDS:

Fun Birthday cards suitable for Pre-K through 6th grade, boys and girls. Please include envelopes if possible.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:
no staples or other sharp embellishments

MAILING ADDRESS:

Brighter Birthdays
3 Central Plaza #383
Rome, GA 30161

GUIDELINES:
Please keep in mind, we are representing SCS by sending our cards each month. Recycling is always good, but only use products on your cards that you would like to receive on cards. Also, our card donations are not tax deductible and it is not required. Please do not ask for a receipt. There have been groups that will send thank you's but the "referred by" person keeps us informed and passes on the thank you's. Most of these organizations are volunteers and spend countless hours helping others, lets help make their jobs easier and bless them in helping others.

For a little added inspiration you can join us in playing along with the OPTIONAL challenge each month. This is only optional and you do not have to play along to send your cards to the featured cause for the month. We always take cards no matter if you play along in the challenge or not. This months challenge is to be inspired by the color/mood board, see first post below. Be sure to use the keyword C4AC so that we can check out your card and comment! To see this gallery C4AC click here.

THANK YOU!

va.sunshine 03-31-2018 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a little visual inspriation pic to get you started...this is OPTIONAL you can use colors, shapes, or texture, or anything that inspires you.

be sure to use this link if you share this image....

http://es.weddbook.com/media/2125055...mb-decorations

va.sunshine 03-31-2018 06:28 PM

I am so excited about helping brighter birthdays, this is the first time linda has reached out to us...let's bless them abundantly to help these sweet children. brighter birthdays will also be joining our on going list. you can see that here....

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...e-t566338.html

bensarmom 03-31-2018 08:25 PM

I'm in!

LindaBabe 04-01-2018 01:57 AM

Thank you SO much for accepting this challenge! For the next school year, the organization will be packing 2250 Birthday bags. That, friends, is a lot of cards! Without the help of all y'all, the mountain would be a lot harder to climb. Thank you!

shendrian 04-01-2018 04:58 AM

Count me in. A fantastic cause!

Pat in Ohio 04-01-2018 11:26 AM

My favorite kind of cards to make! What a great cause! And I'm happy to see they will be an ongoing cause.

StampinCatMom 04-01-2018 12:24 PM

Ok, let me preface this by saying I'm not the greatest with children's cards, but this is such a wonderful cause, I'll certainly give it my all!

What a great idea and it touches me to hear about this organization. I was one of those poor kids whose birthdays didn't get celebrated much. Is it any wonder that I, literally, forget my own birthday year after year? Heck, I didn't have a birthday party until I was 32 years old (!!) and when I see the kids nowadays having parties for every single birthday, it makes me sad because I know they aren't appreciating and taking it all for granted; then, there are those kids who can't celebrate and it breaks my heart.

Jana's Stampin 04-01-2018 03:44 PM

Count me in! This sounds like an awesome cause. Birthdays are the BEST!

StampinAK 04-01-2018 05:04 PM

I will be participating again this month as well! Sounds like a great cause. :)

Kathi127 04-01-2018 10:09 PM

Count me in! What a great cause!

stampmontana 04-02-2018 07:29 AM

A great cause and fun cards to make.

LindaBabe 04-02-2018 08:46 AM

Thank you gals, SO MUCH!

<div>Stampincatmom, I can really resonate with what you wrote. So.
If you gals all will send me your birthdate (JUST month and day) and snail mail addy, I will add you to my personal birthday card list . For as long as I am able, your special day will never be forgotten.

Shannon West, of Stampin' UP! inspired me two years ago with her "bringing birthdays back" campaign. She (with help from her friends) sent over 2000 cards to a list of people that requested a card. I started my own list that now includes nearly 200. Since i'm self funded, lol, I'm adding MUCH more slowly to my list than she did, and definitely NOT posting it on my facebook page.

Excited to work on supporting THIS charity, again for as long as I'm able. At 70, who knows how long that will be.

Here's a picture of the box I'm collecting the local cards in. https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...a5f45096b5.jpg

rainykay 04-02-2018 11:31 AM

Any great cause. Count me in as well. Do we still leave them blank inside?

makandastamper 04-02-2018 01:35 PM

I'm in also! Are shaker cards, glitter paper and sequins/enamel dots OK for the older kids?

Dorie95 04-02-2018 06:49 PM

I love making cards for kids! I can finally use some of my adorable "kiddie" stamps since my family is mostly adults or grown up grandkids.

:)

jkstieber 04-03-2018 03:26 PM

I don't care how busy I get, I'll get some cards out this month. I should already have a pretty good stash.

LindaBabe 04-05-2018 05:15 AM

The deal is we don't get to divide them by age or gender they're just bagged at random. I don't see why shaker cards or glitter would not be ok. You can write in them, sign them, stamp in them whatever you choose as long as it's suitable for a kid. Dorie95 - you are fortunate I had to TEACH myself to make cards for kids - and buy a couple new stamp sets too. Gee isn't that too bad. lol

Thank you, Folks! SO MUCH. remember to pm me YOUR birthdays for my list, k?

StampinAK 04-07-2018 09:00 AM

Sharing a card that I created this week for the April C4AC:
Happy Birthday Critters by StampinAK - at Splitcoaststampers

I think it will work for any age and gender. :)

Kathi127 04-07-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinAK (Post 21641355)
Sharing a card that I created this week for the April C4AC:
Happy Birthday Critters by StampinAK - at Splitcoaststampers

I think it will work for any age and gender. :)

Your card is adorable!

StampinAK 04-07-2018 06:17 PM

I mailed 18 cards and envelopes today. The USPS tracking #84059950013001000150294502

DLS881 04-08-2018 02:28 PM

I'm in. Will be so much fun to make birthday cards for children!

LindaBabe 04-08-2018 05:42 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...49cf3ea154.jpg inside
StampinAK, The kids are going to LOVE your cards, if the one you posted is any indication. SO bright and cheerful and just plain fun! Thank you!

Remember to send me YOUR birthday! I've got one added to my list.

I've never been one to make "kid" cards so it's a learning experience. I cased this one.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...0f21f53c32.jpg outside

LindaBabe 04-10-2018 09:42 AM

Miss Alaska? Brighter Birthdays received your cards and facebooked me immediately just raving about how wonderful they are! She was blown away! Thank you!

I also received a batch from "Mr. Martini". They are also lovely and much appreciated! Thank you!

traingina 04-11-2018 04:52 AM

I'm back from 10 Glorious days on cruise (Loved the Panama Canal!) - and will be working on getting kids cards made up for this month - before i go out of town again end of month!
What a great cause! and a great opportunity to get better with Kids cards!
Any shape/size is OK???
And are you best served with cards with insides stamped and signed by donor? I wasn't too clear on that part...

LindaBabe 04-11-2018 06:08 AM

Love it if the insides are also stamped, if you have time! If you'd like to sign your name you may. Mine are all signed Your honorary grandma, Linda or, if I'm tired just Grandma Linda

C J Wink 04-11-2018 02:47 PM

Sent 16 cards today! I was so excited to make cards for kids! They are my favorite types of cards to make!

Dorie95 04-12-2018 12:38 PM

I sent off a box of cards & envies today. If needed, I have the tracking number. Also enjoyed making these cards, used a lot of my hoards! :D

va.sunshine 04-12-2018 03:37 PM

I can relate to not being the greatest with children's cards either, I am sure they will be much appreciated!

sorry to hear you to have birthday parties!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinCatMom (Post 21638596)
Ok, let me preface this by saying I'm not the greatest with children's cards, but this is such a wonderful cause, I'll certainly give it my all!

What a great idea and it touches me to hear about this organization. I was one of those poor kids whose birthdays didn't get celebrated much. Is it any wonder that I, literally, forget my own birthday year after year? Heck, I didn't have a birthday party until I was 32 years old (!!) and when I see the kids nowadays having parties for every single birthday, it makes me sad because I know they aren't appreciating and taking it all for granted; then, there are those kids who can't celebrate and it breaks my heart.

va.sunshine 04-12-2018 03:38 PM

I am sure any shape is fine, it looks like you can do either. sign or not sign, it is up to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traingina (Post 21643485)
I'm back from 10 Glorious days on cruise (Loved the Panama Canal!) - and will be working on getting kids cards made up for this month - before i go out of town again end of month!
What a great cause! and a great opportunity to get better with Kids cards!
Any shape/size is OK???
And are you best served with cards with insides stamped and signed by donor? I wasn't too clear on that part...

LindaBabe 04-14-2018 03:48 AM

Thank you to Everybody who has sent cards this week!

Any shape is just fine - they do NOT have to be mailed, so this is your chance to try out square cards, if you like.

It would be GREAT if the insides were also stamped - and if you like to sign them, that's ok too. I just want the kids to feel loved and celebrated!

I can't begin to tell you how much your efforts are appreciated.

fl_beachbum 04-14-2018 11:55 AM

Another awesome cause! I'm so glad this is in the ongoing list. I haven't been able to stamp much lately and we have company in town this week. Good to know there is more time to contribute!

rainykay 04-16-2018 03:19 PM

Mailed out 25 cards this morning.

bensarmom 04-16-2018 03:21 PM

30 cards went out today.

leandra333 04-16-2018 04:04 PM

Sending 112 Happy Birthday cards & 99 Happy Birthday bookmarks tomorrow!

StampinAK 04-17-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaBabe (Post 21643092)
Miss Alaska? Brighter Birthdays received your cards and facebooked me immediately just raving about how wonderful they are! She was blown away! Thank you!

I also received a batch from "Mr. Martini". They are also lovely and much appreciated! Thank you!

I must be "Miss Alaska". :) Thanks for the update, Linda!

DLS881 04-18-2018 03:42 PM

Its been a very busy month but I'm finally getting my cards in the mail tomorrow.

stampmontana 04-18-2018 04:47 PM

I hope to have my cards in the mail by Sat.

hardanger40 04-19-2018 08:03 AM

Can you give a quick tutorial on how to attach a picture to the message?

bensarmom 04-19-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardanger40 (Post 21647322)
Can you give a quick tutorial on how to attach a picture to the message?

Click on the yellow box with the mountains and sun. (That's the insert image icon.)
Click on the turquoise button that says, Browse Your Device.
Click on the image from your computer that you want to upload.
Then click, Insert (which is the top, right button on the page.)

I hope this helps.