In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
Swapper of the Month February 2013
 
russnzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in chaos
Posts: 4,046
Idea CARDS FOR A CAUSE - ONGOING MISSIONS

There are several groups who accept cards year round. They welcome any amount of cards you would like to send. If you have a group or organization you would like to have added, please let me know. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of so many!!!
__________________________________________________ _____

Embrace Clinic & Care Center
180 1st St NW
Barberton, OH 44203

They take all sorts of cards - anything including Baby (for new moms), Birthday (for volunteers), Thank You (for donors), and praying for you. They have also started a mens ministry so cards for men are appreciated too. Envelopes are appreciated but not required. No restrictions and religious cards welcome.
__________________________________________________ _________

South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Attn: Tisa Collins-Williams, Office of Volunteer Services
220 Executive Drive

Columbia, SC 29210

Cards requested are Miss You, Thinking of You, Birthday, Congratulations, Thank You, Get Well, Encouragement, and blank note cards. Religious theme is welcome. Cards can be blank on the inside or stamp some on the inside for youth who don’t quite know what to say. They love variety. Please do not use items on cards that are sharp (metal, staples, etc). Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Bring Smiles To Seniors
Attn: Ron

P.O. Box 226
Odessa, FL 33556

Cards requested are general Thinking of You (used most) but also an use Birthday and various holidays as well. Religious and non religious cards are welcome. Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Card Care Connection
112 Saddlehorn Court
Fenton, MO 63026

Cards requested are Thinking of you, have a nice day, hello, care & concern, and hopeful messages are welcome. Blank cards are also acceptable. Please try to avoid get well soon, feel better, and religious messages. Some of our recipients are terminal and it is often hard to gauge religious involvement based on individual backgrounds. Please keep inside of cards blank and include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Brighter Birthdays
3 Central Plaza #383
Rome, GA 30161

Cards requested are Birthday cards for children. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Hospitalized Kids
7290 W Devon Ave
Chicago, Il 60631

The sky is the limit here – all cards are welcome (except get well or specific to a hospital). Any holidays or general cards – keep them cheery and uplifting. Please sign the cards with your first name and include a little inspirational comment if you want (but again, not get well or hope you feel better or anything related to sickness). Envelopes are appreciated. The only restriction is not an excessive amount of glitter.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Little Hearts
Attn: Christina Hor
PO Box 517
Dublin, OH 43017


Cards are delivered to children with congenital heart disease. Three “collections” are done: general cards (Thinking of You, Hello, Just Because), winter & Holiday cards, and heart themed cards. Cards are for infants to college age kids. No envelopes needed. Please see website for specific guidelines: https://www.cardsforlittlehearts.com...al-guidelines/
__________________________________________________ _________

Hospice of Saint Francis
Attn: Brandy Fowler, Volunteer Coordinator
6905 N. Wickham Road, Suite 403
Melbourne, FL 32940


Cards requested are Birthday and blank note cards. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Soldiers Project
C/O Charly Mathews
388 E M 72 Hwy
Grayling, MI 49738

General occasion cards are always welcome. Birthday, Miss You, Thank You, kid-related cards are also popular. Thank You, Holiday, and Get Well cards are used in large volumes. No glitter please and envelopes are appreciated.

__________________
Zella - My much neglected gallery
Come join us at Cards for a Cause
As for me and my house - we will serve the Lord

Last edited by russnzella; 08-23-2019 at 04:17 AM..
russnzella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
Matboard Maniac
 
mlvanover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 200
Default

I have lots of Anniversary cards and wondered if there was a prison ministry that might need cards for the prisoners to send.
mlvanover is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
russnzella likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:13 AM   #3
Swapper of the Month February 2013
 
russnzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in chaos
Posts: 4,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlvanover View Post
I have lots of Anniversary cards and wondered if there was a prison ministry that might need cards for the prisoners to send.

Stay tuned!!! I'm working on one for next year!
__________________
Zella - My much neglected gallery
Come join us at Cards for a Cause
As for me and my house - we will serve the Lord
russnzella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 57
Default Project Give Thanks

Hi, could I possibly be added to this group? I was featured in June 2017 and was astounded at the response. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
There are several groups who accept cards year round. They welcome any amount of cards you would like to send. If you have a group or organization you would like to have added, please let me know. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of so many!!!
__________________________________________________ _____

Embrace Clinic & Care Center
180 1st St NW
Barberton, OH 44203

They take all sorts of cards - anything including Baby (for new moms), Birthday (for volunteers), Thank You (for donors), and praying for you. They have also started a mens ministry so cards for men are appreciated too. Envelopes are appreciated but not required. No restrictions and religious cards welcome.
__________________________________________________ _________

South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Attn: Tisa Collins-Williams, Office of Volunteer Services
220 Executive Drive

Columbia, SC 29210

Cards requested are Miss You, Thinking of You, Birthday, Congratulations, Thank You, Get Well, Encouragement, and blank note cards. Religious theme is welcome. Cards can be blank on the inside or stamp some on the inside for youth who don’t quite know what to say. They love variety. Please do not use items on cards that are sharp (metal, staples, etc). Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Bring Smiles To Seniors
Attn: Ron

P.O. Box 226
Odessa, FL 33556

Cards requested are general Thinking of You (used most) but also an use Birthday and various holidays as well. Religious and non religious cards are welcome. Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Card Care Connection
112 Saddlehorn Court
Fenton, MO 63026

Cards requested are Thinking of you, have a nice day, hello, care & concern, and hopeful messages are welcome. Blank cards are also acceptable. Please try to avoid get well soon, feel better, and religious messages. Some of our recipients are terminal and it is often hard to gauge religious involvement based on individual backgrounds. Please keep inside of cards blank and include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Brighter Birthdays
3 Central Plaza #383
Rome, GA 30161

Cards requested are Birthday cards for children. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Hospitalized Kids
7290 W Devon Ave
Chicago, Il 60631

The sky is the limit here – all cards are welcome (except get well or specific to a hospital). Any holidays or general cards – keep them cheery and uplifting. Please sign the cards with your first name and include a little inspirational comment if you want (but again, not get well or hope you feel better or anything related to sickness). Envelopes are appreciated. The only restriction is not an excessive amount of glitter.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Little Hearts
Attn: Christina Hor
PO Box 517
Dublin, OH 43017


Cards are delivered to children with congenital heart disease. Three “collections” are done: general cards (Thinking of You, Hello, Just Because), winter & Holiday cards, and heart themed cards. Cards are for infants to college age kids. No envelopes needed. Please see website for specific guidelines: General Card Guidelines | Cards for Little Hearts
__________________________________________________ _________

Hospice of Saint Francis
Attn: Brandy Fowler, Volunteer Coordinator
6905 N. Wickham Road, Suite 403
Melbourne, FL 32940


Cards requested are Birthday and blank note cards. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Soldiers Project
C/O Charly Mathews
388 E M 72 Hwy
Grayling, MI 49738

General occasion cards are always welcome. Birthday, Miss You, Thank You, kid-related cards are also popular. Thank You, Holiday, and Get Well cards are used in large volumes. No glitter please and envelopes are appreciated.
slick37 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 57
Default Project Give Thanks

Sorry, it was June 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick37 View Post
Hi, could I possibly be added to this group? I was featured in June 2017 and was astounded at the response. Thanks.
slick37 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 57
Default Project Give Thanks

c/o Ann Key
166 S Buchanan Ave
Louisville CO 80027-9504

I keep a box of greeting cards supplied for use by the chemotherapy patients at the Tebo Cancer Center in Boulder CO. While being infused, they have several hours in which they could, for example, write thank you notes to those who are helping them through their ordeal. We can use cards of any theme. Envelopes are a bonus! We can also make complete cards out of your spare card fronts. 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" format is preferred. One time when I was refilling the box, I found that a patient had used one to thank US for providing the cards, saying that she actually looked forward to perusing our "mini art gallery". And several times I have been stopped and thanked on my way in or out of the room. Thank you so much for your contributions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
There are several groups who accept cards year round. They welcome any amount of cards you would like to send. If you have a group or organization you would like to have added, please let me know. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of so many!!!
__________________________________________________ _____

Embrace Clinic & Care Center
180 1st St NW
Barberton, OH 44203

They take all sorts of cards - anything including Baby (for new moms), Birthday (for volunteers), Thank You (for donors), and praying for you. They have also started a mens ministry so cards for men are appreciated too. Envelopes are appreciated but not required. No restrictions and religious cards welcome.
__________________________________________________ _________

South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Attn: Tisa Collins-Williams, Office of Volunteer Services
220 Executive Drive

Columbia, SC 29210

Cards requested are Miss You, Thinking of You, Birthday, Congratulations, Thank You, Get Well, Encouragement, and blank note cards. Religious theme is welcome. Cards can be blank on the inside or stamp some on the inside for youth who don’t quite know what to say. They love variety. Please do not use items on cards that are sharp (metal, staples, etc). Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Bring Smiles To Seniors
Attn: Ron

P.O. Box 226
Odessa, FL 33556

Cards requested are general Thinking of You (used most) but also an use Birthday and various holidays as well. Religious and non religious cards are welcome. Envelopes are requested.
__________________________________________________ _________

Card Care Connection
112 Saddlehorn Court
Fenton, MO 63026

Cards requested are Thinking of you, have a nice day, hello, care & concern, and hopeful messages are welcome. Blank cards are also acceptable. Please try to avoid get well soon, feel better, and religious messages. Some of our recipients are terminal and it is often hard to gauge religious involvement based on individual backgrounds. Please keep inside of cards blank and include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Brighter Birthdays
3 Central Plaza #383
Rome, GA 30161

Cards requested are Birthday cards for children. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Hospitalized Kids
7290 W Devon Ave
Chicago, Il 60631

The sky is the limit here – all cards are welcome (except get well or specific to a hospital). Any holidays or general cards – keep them cheery and uplifting. Please sign the cards with your first name and include a little inspirational comment if you want (but again, not get well or hope you feel better or anything related to sickness). Envelopes are appreciated. The only restriction is not an excessive amount of glitter.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Little Hearts
Attn: Christina Hor
PO Box 517
Dublin, OH 43017


Cards are delivered to children with congenital heart disease. Three “collections” are done: general cards (Thinking of You, Hello, Just Because), winter & Holiday cards, and heart themed cards. Cards are for infants to college age kids. No envelopes needed. Please see website for specific guidelines: General Card Guidelines | Cards for Little Hearts
__________________________________________________ _________

Hospice of Saint Francis
Attn: Brandy Fowler, Volunteer Coordinator
6905 N. Wickham Road, Suite 403
Melbourne, FL 32940


Cards requested are Birthday and blank note cards. Please include envelopes.
__________________________________________________ _________

Cards for Soldiers Project
C/O Charly Mathews
388 E M 72 Hwy
Grayling, MI 49738

General occasion cards are always welcome. Birthday, Miss You, Thank You, kid-related cards are also popular. Thank You, Holiday, and Get Well cards are used in large volumes. No glitter please and envelopes are appreciated.
slick37 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off