Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   SEPTEMBER 2021 MISSION - CARDS FOR A CAUSE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/september-2021-mission-cards-cause-639440/)

russnzella 09-01-2021 02:21 PM

SEPTEMBER 2021 MISSION - CARDS FOR A CAUSE

2021 Cards For A Cause
SEPTEMBER MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!
Featured Organization: The Butterfly Project

Description: The Butterfly Project is a Christian nonprofit that empowers survivors of domestic violence to pursue their purpose after abuse. It is a growing ministry and they are moving from the founders home into their own location due to this growth to assist their clients. They offer support in the form of tangible items (such as survivor packs that include things needed when recently leaving an abuser) as well as emotional support and the ability to help women who find themselves in abusive relationships.

Contact Person: Zella

Type of Cards Requested: Cards will be sent to their clients as well as donors. For the clients they would like Birthday and encouragement cards. I'm sure that blank note cards would be appreciated as well. Their donors would receive Thank You cards.

Special Restrictions: Envelopes are appreciated but not required. There are not special restrictions.

Guidelines: Please keep in mind, we are representing SCS by sending our cards each month. Recycling is always good, but only use products on your cards that you would like to receive on cards. Also, our card donations are not tax deductible and it is not required. Please do not ask for a receipt. There have been groups that will send thank you's but the "referred by" person keeps us informed and passes on the thank you's. Most of these organizations are volunteers and spend countless hours helping others, let's help make their jobs easier and bless them in helping others.

Mailing Address: Please mail cards to... (address updated 9/15/21)

The Butterfly Project
PO Box 671433
Houston, TX 77267

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to use the keyword C4AC so that we can check out your card and comment!

basement stamper 09-02-2021 06:24 AM

Great cause! I will be participating this month! Thanks!

rainykay 09-02-2021 09:52 AM

Another great cause. Count me in.

shendrian 09-03-2021 05:59 AM

Count me in too.

ScrapperBecca 09-03-2021 07:45 AM

I'm in!
Becca

Ldumont999 09-03-2021 08:06 AM

I'm in

ScrapperBecca 09-03-2021 09:07 AM

I am sending out 60 Thank You cards today. I'd love to say I was ahead of the game, but I'm actually just really late sending out my August cards, which are also going today. I had worked ahead on my Thank You cards and was ready for this month though, so I thought I may as well make one trip to the Post Office, lol!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Becca

Sarge 09-03-2021 06:27 PM

I'm in also.My first package of cards gors out 4 September. Sarge

SBinGA 09-04-2021 06:41 AM

Great cause!! I have a bunch of cards already made up! Will go out later this month!!

pblibby 09-05-2021 04:16 AM

I'm in!

cheermom 09-05-2021 06:11 AM

I'm in :)

traingina 09-06-2021 03:04 AM

I just realized i forgot to tell you - I'm In!

basement stamper 09-06-2021 08:31 AM

I had this card kit from July to finish up and thought they'd be perfect for this cause! I put them in my gallery here. I have added more cards to this and still working on some that I will be sending out later this month.

DLS881 09-09-2021 04:10 PM

Great cause. Late getting cards made due to vacation but will start on them this week. My butterfly stamps will be getting a workout.

Sarge 09-10-2021 10:30 AM

Has anyone had cards returned that were sent to this month's cause? The post office just returned a package of cards I sent to the Butterfly Project on 4 September. It was marked "Unable to Forward". I verified the address with that listed on this site. Zella, do you have any insight to this issue? Sarge

russnzella 09-12-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 22113021)
Has anyone had cards returned that were sent to this month's cause? The post office just returned a package of cards I sent to the Butterfly Project on 4 September. It was marked "Unable to Forward". I verified the address with that listed on this site. Zella, do you have any insight to this issue? Sarge

Oh no! Hang tight and I'll contact them...stay tuned

Everyone else - hold off mailing until I can get a confirmation. Thanks!

mac4551 09-13-2021 06:19 AM

just checking - how do most people mail their cards? I have been sending Priority Mail, USPS small box.. but a friend suggested "book rate" would be cheaper... I never heard of book rate. I usually send about 25 cards, with envelopes. Thanks !

DebbieinOC 09-13-2021 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551 (Post 22113510)
just checking - how do most people mail their cards? I have been sending Priority Mail, USPS small box.. but a friend suggested "book rate" would be cheaper... I never heard of book rate. I usually send about 25 cards, with envelopes. Thanks !

Book rate should be cheaper, but you may want to check with the post office about delivery. I think it takes longer but not sure how much.

ScrapperBecca 09-13-2021 11:24 AM

I mailed my package on 09/03/21 as well, and although it hasn't been returned, the tracking status says "Delivery Attempted - Action Needed". So, it's not just your package, Sarge.
Hopeful for updated info soon so I can update the Post Office. :)

Thanks,
Becca

Quote:

Originally Posted by russnzella (Post 22113423)
Oh no! Hang tight and I'll contact them...stay tuned

Everyone else - hold off mailing until I can get a confirmation. Thanks!

rainykay 09-14-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551 (Post 22113510)

I always send my cards book rate and I also usually send 25 cards with envelopes. It usually costs about $2.88, but don't know if with the postal increase they will be different. Yes, it does take a few days longer, but they always arrive.

mac4551 09-14-2021 10:36 AM

thank you Debbie and Lorraine...Book rate it is.. as soon as the address is verified !

russnzella 09-15-2021 01:42 PM

Ok everyone - got the address corrected...they changed PO Boxes (needed a larger one). I also was able to add their website....it's all in the first post but in case you just want it here:

Updated Address:
The Butterfly Project
PO Box 671433
Houston, TX 77267

midnytestamping 09-15-2021 08:44 PM

Mailed my cards yesterday, didn't realize until I checked in here now that there was a problem with the address. Sure hope the post office has an effective way to handle the change and the cards get there and don't end up in a never to be seen again space.
I have a question about the book rate-- I used a small box for 25 cards and it was over $11 to mail from Wisconsin. How do you get the book rate? Do you need a specific box/envelope or whatever to get it? Thanks for any advice.

rainykay 09-16-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnytestamping (Post 22114396)
Mailed my cards yesterday, didn't realize until I checked in here now that there was a problem with the address. Sure hope the post office has an effective way to handle the change and the cards get there and don't end up in a never to be seen again space.
I have a question about the book rate-- I used a small box for 25 cards and it was over $11 to mail from Wisconsin. How do you get the book rate? Do you need a specific box/envelope or whatever to get it? Thanks for any advice.

Since I only send about 25 cards and envelopes, I use a 9x12 manila envelope and tie the cards in bundles of 12 or 13 each. They fit in there nicely and by tying them, they don't shift around in transit. Even if you send more then 25 and use two envelopes, it still would only cost you a little over $5.00.

midnytestamping 09-16-2021 05:49 PM

rainykay, Thanks so much for sharing how you mail your cards. I think that will really work for me.

Sarge 09-16-2021 07:32 PM

Mailed out a stack of cards to the updated address today. Hope they get there okay. Sarge

LoveLiveCraft 09-16-2021 07:39 PM

Flat rate boxes/envelope for mailing

I didn’t know you could use book rate to mail cards, what I use is flat rate boxes and envelopes. You can get the boxes/envelopes at the post office for free. The small one is about 8 dollars and the medium 15. But the medium one you could easily fit more than 100 cards and come with tracking number too.

katesstamping 09-17-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnytestamping (Post 22114396)

Be careful with book rate. I used to send my cards that way, but no longer as a box was opened (inspected) and returned to me because the contents were not books. Now I just mail priority (much pricier, unfortunately)

susie718 09-17-2021 10:25 AM

I mailed 60 cards a few days ago and am just now seeing the issue with the address. I hope they receive them!!

rainykay 09-17-2021 10:28 AM

I am not sure how the post office would take mailing a box book rate. I have always used only manila envelopes and have told them what was inside. I have been using this mailing technique for several years and have never had a problem. I also use my local post office so they know me and know what I am mailing. If I have a large number of cards to mail such as Christmas cards, then I do use priority mail and pay the extra postage.

dsp245 09-17-2021 11:20 AM

sending 20+ cards today

pblibby 09-19-2021 02:23 PM

I've mailed out 120 cards. :)

rainykay 09-21-2021 11:15 AM

Just mailed out 25 cards this morning.

basement stamper 09-21-2021 12:19 PM

Well, I sent out about 23 cards on Friday using the old address as I didn't realize there was an issue...haven't heard anything, but hopefully the package will arrive OK? I had a stamp class and made another four cards with an alcohol inked background with die cut butterflies and thought they would be nice to add to the box I mailed out - Alcohol Butterflies Love helping with the causes. Thank you!

DLS881 09-23-2021 10:23 AM

I just saw through informed mail service that my envelope is being returned today.

midnytestamping 09-24-2021 06:27 PM

I mailed my box on the 14th with the original wrong address. When I checked tracking it now says it will be returned to me on Oct 3rd if its not picked up which obviously it won't. At least I will get it back and it won't end up being trashed.

susie718 09-24-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnytestamping (Post 22116496)
I mailed my box on the 14th with the original wrong address. When I checked tracking it now says it will be returned to me on Oct 3rd if its not picked up which obviously it won't. At least I will get it back and it won't end up being trashed.

The exact same thing happened to me!

hotwheels 09-26-2021 08:00 PM

Question is The Butterfly Project all year around? I have a friend who will mailing cards out later. THanks Linda

mac4551 09-27-2021 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katesstamping (Post 22114744)
Be careful with book rate. I used to send my cards that way, but no longer as a box was opened (inspected) and returned to me because the contents were not books. Now I just mail priority (much pricier, unfortunately)

I mailed mine as book rate.. I just wrapped the cards with brown wrapping paper (almost like a gift) and it only cost about $4. to mail. I forget how many cards as I mailed to two different causes: one was like 30 cards and the other 20+. Both went book rate for the $4. each.

russnzella 10-01-2021 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 22116900)
Question is The Butterfly Project all year around? I have a friend who will mailing cards out later. THanks Linda

Sure...they would love cards anytime! :)