Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   NOVEMBER 2021 MISSIONG - CARDS FOR A CAUSE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/november-2021-missiong-cards-cause-639932/)

russnzella 11-01-2021 01:44 PM

NOVEMBER 2021 MISSIONG - CARDS FOR A CAUSE

2021 Cards For A Cause
NOVEMBER MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!

ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED:
Brighter Birthdays
Brighter Birthdays

DESCRIPTION:
“For many children, birthdays are considered to be one of the most important days of their lives. While a number of organizations help make holidays special, far fewer focus on birthdays. This may leave some disadvantaged children unable to fully celebrate their special day. BrighterBirthdays’ mission is to change this. Founded in 2017, we are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) service organization dedicated to giving underprivileged children brighter birthdays. Underprivileged children with upcoming birthdays are identified by their schools. We provide these students with birthday bags filled with party supplies, treats, crafts, toys and basic living essentials. All of this is made possible through caring supporters who donate items, make financial contributions or give generously of their time.”

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED:
Birthday cards for kids are always needed. They also have used zip lock bag toppers.....PLEASE READ MORE INFO BELOW!

A bag topper still takes half a sheet of card stock - but instead of a card shape, it's cut 4 1/4 by 11 and scored long ways. cut off 1/4 inch of the length. decorate as desired. Makes a great simple use for retired card stock.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:
small pieces that can be pulled off and a choke hazard should be avoided if possible

GUIDELINES:
Please keep in mind, we are representing SCS by sending our cards each month. Recycling is always good, but only use products on your cards that you would like to receive on cards. Also, our card donations are not tax deductible and it is not required. Please do not ask for a receipt. There have been groups that will send thank you's but the "referred by" person keeps us informed and passes on the thank you's. Most of these organizations are volunteers and spend countless hours helping others, let's help make their jobs easier and bless them in helping others.

MAILING ADDRESS:
Please mail cards to...

Brighter Birthdays
3 Central Plaza #383
Rome, GA 30161

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another exciting announcement, we now have a badge for you to proudly display on your blog; here is the link. Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Also, we have a section now for on going Cards For A Cause, these are organizations that take cards all year. If after your monthly generous giving you have others, go Forums at Splitcoaststampers..thank you so much for all you do!

Fellow SCSer's, thank you for spreading your SCS love!
Once you have mailed them come back to us here

Sarge 11-01-2021 08:11 PM

Zella: I have a huge pile of Christmas cards prepared, I anticipated thte November cause having requests for Christmas! Do you have any suggested for places who would use them? Sarge

russnzella 11-02-2021 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 22125731)
Zella: I have a huge pile of Christmas cards prepared, I anticipated thte November cause having requests for Christmas! Do you have any suggested for places who would use them? Sarge

Hi Sarge,

I would suggest sending them to Bring Smiles To Seniors...I'm sure they could use them! :)

Bring Smiles To Seniors
Attn: Ron

P.O. Box 226
Odessa, FL 33556

rainykay 11-05-2021 01:32 PM

Count me in. As a side note, I am sending 100 Christmas cards out to Bring Smiles to Seniors today.

shendrian 11-08-2021 10:36 AM

Count me in.

ScrapperBecca 11-08-2021 03:34 PM

I'm in! I've never made bag toppers before, so I'll likely send cards. I have some great kid-friendly birthday kits that will be perfect for this project!

~Becca

traingina 11-14-2021 01:08 AM

i've just gotten back in town from an extended work trip....
Card Toppers - I think i can do this!!!

Sarge 11-15-2021 09:12 AM

I can do bag toppers!

hardanger40 11-20-2021 01:15 PM

72 toppers will be sent next week.

SBinGA 11-20-2021 06:23 PM

Do they need envelopes with the cards?

russnzella 11-21-2021 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBinGA (Post 22130598)
Do they need envelopes with the cards?

Hi Sharon! I would say they aren't required but would be appreciated. :) Thanks for all you do!!!!

Sarge 11-21-2021 07:27 PM

Hi Zella: I have sent bag toppers to Brighter Birthdays and Christmas cards to Smiles for Seniors. Kay

ScrapperBecca 11-24-2021 06:37 AM

Heading to the post office to drop off 60 birthday cards for the kids today!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend everyone, I'm thankful for each of you and the creativity and support you share!

~Becca

pblibby 11-28-2021 07:30 AM

Can I see photos of these bag toppers?
And, do you know if they are requesting envelopes as well?
Thanks! :)

SBinGA 11-29-2021 06:47 PM

170 birthday cards sent today!!

russnzella 11-30-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblibby (Post 22132087)

Envelopes would be appreciated. Hmmm...now a picture....let me see if I can find something....

russnzella 11-30-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblibby (Post 22132087)

I found this on Pinterest. A bag topper would just fold over a larger Ziploc bag to give it some sort of decoration. Hope this helps!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...d862bb5c9d.png

pblibby 11-30-2021 09:14 AM

Thank you for the photo.

I have mailed out 80 cards with envelopes (40 boys; 40 girls).

rainykay 11-30-2021 11:24 AM

Mailed out 20 birthday cards this morning.

russnzella 12-01-2021 03:05 PM

Hi Everyone! The December Cause has been posted....and also a special announcement!!

Thank you all for joining in and helping our November cause.....come over and join me in December. :) Hugs to you all!!!