Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   NOVEMBER 2011 MISSION ~STAMP FROM THE HEART! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/november-2011-mission-%7Estamp-heart-541318/)

Mothermark 11-01-2011 02:04 AM

NOVEMBER 2011 MISSION ~STAMP FROM THE HEART!

ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED:

Maxwell V. Blum Cancer Resource Room
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center

CONTACT PERSON:
Cindy ~ Fellow SCSer (Mothermark)

REFERRED BY:

Missro (Robin)

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED:

The following is a message from Sally Hooper who is Director at this great facility. She has provided us with a description of the type of cards in need. There are several different ways in which you could help! In Sally's own words:

Thank you so much, support and inspiration are always welcomed. A few suggestions for the cards:

1. Masculine cards. Men also have breast cancer and a few cards for these men would be appreciated.

2. Individuals living with cancer also appreciate cards that they could give to their families and supporters, recognizing that cancer affects them too and thanking them for their support.

3. Cards for other individuals living with cancer. November is lung cancer awareness month. Unfortunately, the number of young women diagnosed with lung cancer, many of whom are non-smokers, has increased.

4. Cards for those individuals receiving their last chemotherapy or radiation treatment. There is a feeling of having reached an important milestone and how wonderful to celebrate reaching that goal with a hand made card of congratulations. Our clinical treatment teams may also find it helpful to have a card to give in recognition of their patient completing treatment.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Please include an envelope with each card for purposes of convenience. Since these cards will be used by others at the facility, they should be blank inside.

MAILING ADDRESS:

Maxwell V. Blum Cancer Resource Room
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
55 Fruit Street,
Yawkey 8C
Boston, MA 02114

Fellow SCSer's, thank you for spreading your SCS love! Please feel free to mail your cards all throughout the month of November!

Once you have mailed them come back to us here and let us know they have gone postal!

Thank YOU!

Missro 11-01-2011 09:32 AM

Thanks Cindy!! 6 cards going out this week and more throughout the month. Do we post pics of what we're sending and link them here??

Mothermark 11-02-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missro (Post 18876839)
Thanks Cindy!! 6 cards going out this week and more throughout the month. Do we post pics of what we're sending and link them here??

You are welcome! Its not a cards for a cause requirement, but it would be fun to see your cards! That would be awesome! Would love to have you do that!

va.sunshine 11-05-2011 07:54 PM

I will be sending some out next week...I will go through my stash

I like sending blank cards like this, I know there are people out there that would luv to send a handmade card but would not take the time or does not have the desire to make it there self....thanks again Cindy for all you do!

melissa59 11-08-2011 08:09 AM

I'm so pleased to have found Cards for a Cause (thanks to Sabrina & PH in VA for pointing me in this direction). I am a new card maker--not very good, but trying to learn. I just completed the Hope You Can Cling To challenge and was looking for another place where I could send a few cards as I practice this craft.

I'm in breast cancer mode, so it will be easy to make a few extras for this November challenge.

Missro 11-08-2011 02:51 PM

You can peek @ the cards I've made so far by going here!

@ Melissa, glad you could join us!

Mothermark 11-09-2011 06:24 AM

Hi Melissa! How wonderful you found us! Yay!
And Teresa...you always come through!

Hugs to you both!

I mailed 6 today....
Robin, I am off to see yours!

Hugs everyone!

DLS881 11-09-2011 01:39 PM

Mailing 3 tomorrow.

amyk3868 11-09-2011 03:15 PM

I've got a question, would this group like cards specifically for breast cancer patients? Or do they treat other types of cancer? I've got some pink ribbon items that I'd thought about using but I didn't want to make everything pink if they can use other types of cards too.

Thanks!

Mothermark 11-11-2011 03:39 AM

Hi Amy! Yes, they would love getting cards for breast cancer patients. When I originally set up this challenge it was going to be in October for Breast Cancer Awareness month...so I know they treat breast cancer........

But, the do treat all types of cancers. Whatever cards they receive, they will use in the appropriate manner I am sure....Your pink ribbon items sounds wonderful! I would encourage you to go for it! Yay!

amyk3868 11-11-2011 06:16 AM

Okay, I've got 4 cards done so far. I'm going to try to get a couple more done today and ship some off this weekend. Thanks!

Mothermark 11-11-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLS881 (Post 18905020)
Mailing 3 tomorrow.

Thank you Diane!

Mothermark 11-11-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyk3868 (Post 18909746)
Okay, I've got 4 cards done so far. I'm going to try to get a couple more done today and ship some off this weekend. Thanks!

Perfect! Awesome!

cookiebaker 11-11-2011 09:41 AM

I've got several cards going out here.

jdmommy 11-11-2011 09:42 AM

I'll send off a bunch tomorrow when the mail will be collected. So glad to be able to do this.......Mom and I are both survivors of breast cancer!

cmsuto 11-11-2011 10:42 AM

I'm heading out to mail a box of cards shortly, Cindy! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to support this great cause.

Mothermark 11-11-2011 11:16 AM

Oh my goodness! Looks like the teapotters have arrived! Tea hee! Thanks you guys!

irishgreensue 11-11-2011 12:19 PM

I just "might" have some cards to send out - (giggle) will be back with a post after I make a few more!! Glad to give someone a lift!!

morningsun47 11-11-2011 04:45 PM

I just read the post, I will be making some this weekend and get them in the mail on Monday. Thanks for the opportunity to help. A great cause Cindy!

Mothermark 11-11-2011 05:11 PM

Thank you Linda and Sue!

Missro 11-11-2011 06:01 PM

Oh my goodness Teapotters, thank you for sending your cards!! MGH will be overwhelmed by your support. Big hugs to each of you, Robin

amyk3868 11-11-2011 08:14 PM

I'm dropping 6 cards in the mail tomorrow. I'll try to get a few more done later in the month, but I need to get birthday invitations and thank you's done along with lots of holiday cards and a couple of calendars...not sure how many more I'll be able to do, but I'm going to try. :D

Mothermark 11-12-2011 04:46 AM

Oh my goodness Amy, you have already done your part girlfriend! Don't stress.....you rock! Thanks so much!

mother's daughter 11-13-2011 12:30 PM

I made 2 that are sort of masculine this morning. I'll go through my stash and see what I can come up with. Hopefully I can get them mailed tomorrow or Tuesday!

irishgreensue 11-13-2011 05:44 PM

OK, Cindy, just finished packaging up a dozen cards to get off to the Cancer Resource Rm at MGH - they will go postal on Monday morning!! No time for pictures, sorry!!

Mothermark 11-14-2011 03:59 AM

Good morning! Thanks Jennifer and Sue! Thanks for making special cards and for going through your stash! Robin will be tickled and so am I! Yay! Hugs you two!

jdmommy 11-14-2011 03:47 PM

I have six cards and envies in a bubble wrap envelope to go to the post office in the morning. Will follow this up with more. Hugs to you and Robin for this!! Anne (jdmommy)

morningsun47 11-14-2011 05:06 PM

Hi Cindy I sent my box of cards today~thanks for a great cause and destination!

Missro 11-15-2011 02:51 AM

Sent 10 more cards from my stash yesterday!

Mothermark 11-15-2011 03:55 AM

Man oh man! Gone a coupla days and more cards being mail! Whoo hoo! Awesome!

CrafteWho 11-15-2011 06:31 AM

My Thank You Card

This is so exciting!! Finally a an exceptional purpose for my hobbyist card making. I wish I found this "Cards for a Cause" forum sooner. I just made a cute little "Thank You" card to send. I'll post pictures soon! Oooh this is so great. Everyone loves getting a card. I hope this will brighten their day. :)

Here is the link to my card!

mother's daughter 11-15-2011 01:08 PM

I'm printing out the addy right now, affixing, and going to the PO with a big envie that's full! I'm so glad to help with spreading joy! Best part, I get a little walk in the sunshine!

Mothermark 11-16-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrafteWho (Post 18924619)
This is so exciting!! Finally a an exceptional purpose for my hobbyist card making. I wish I found this "Cards for a Cause" forum sooner. I just made a cute little "Thank You" card to send. I'll post pictures soon! Oooh this is so great. Everyone loves getting a card. I hope this will brighten their day. :)

Here is the link to my card!

Dana! Welcome! Tee hee! So glad you found us here! Your cards will be a wonderful addition to our destinations each months! Whoo hoo! Thanks for stumbling upon this thread! Ha!

Mothermark 11-16-2011 03:53 AM

Jennifer! Hope you walk in the sunshine was wonderful and I know your package to the destination was! Thanks for coming through....you are awesome! Whoot!

Redbugdriver 11-16-2011 07:51 AM

4 cards out today!

APandi 11-16-2011 09:52 AM

Mailed my cards yesterday.

Marilynn

Mothermark 11-16-2011 05:15 PM

Yay! Karen and Marilynn! Thank you two!!!!

Missro 11-17-2011 07:26 PM

Sent a box of Thanksgiving Day cards today. You can view them here.

BittyBadger 11-20-2011 11:25 AM

I have nine cards ready to mail in the morning. People love receiving gift cards AND I LOVE giving them to good causes. Thanks.

Mothermark 11-20-2011 10:43 PM

Hi Bitty! Tee hee! That sounds sorta funny! Whoo hoo! Nine cards! Thanks so much..a wonderful thing.....I know they will be so appreciated by their recipients. Thanks for helping out here! You rock!