Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   January 2020 Mission - Cards For A Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/january-2020-mission-cards-cause-631860/)

russnzella 12-31-2019 11:00 AM

January 2020 Mission - Cards For A Cause

2020 Cards For A Cause
JANUARY MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!

ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED: Tri-County Humane Society

DESCRIPTION: The Tri-County Humane Society (TCHS) operates an independent nonprofit animal shelter in St. Cloud, MN. The Society has been providing quality services to the people and animals of Central Minnesota since 1974. Some of their services include care for homeless animals, pet adoption, pet lost and found, and humane education. They also provide knowledgeable answers to questions regarding pet care, behavior, and many other animal related issues. They have an incredible placement record (see their website) and have continued to grow through the years. They have over 2000 donors who support the animals in their care.

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED:
We love to send handmade cards to show our appreciation for this generous support! We are in need of Thank You cards and sympathy cards for memorial gifts (both memory of both pets and people).

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:
Please include envelopes. No metal or sharp objects (such as staples, stick pins, etc)

GUIDELINES:
Please keep in mind, we are representing SCS by sending our cards each month. Recycling is always good, but only use products on your cards that you would like to receive on cards. Also, our card donations are not tax deductible and it is not required. Please do not ask for a receipt. There have been groups that will send thank you's but the "referred by" person keeps us informed and passes on the thank you's. Most of these organizations are volunteers and spend countless hours helping others, let's help make their jobs easier and bless them in helping others.

MAILING ADDRESS:
Please mail cards to...

Tri-County Humane Society
Attn: Tauna Quimby
735 8th St NE
St. Cloud, MN 56304
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a little added inspiration you can join us in playing along with the OPTIONAL challenge each month. This is only optional and you do not have to play along to send your cards to the featured cause for the month. We always take cards no matter if you play along in the challenge or not.

This months challenge is to be inspired by ANIMALS! Break out those animal stamps – especially dog and cat stamps. Let’s show some Tri-County Humane Society that we love the furry creatures too.

Be sure to use the keyword C4AC so that we can check out your card and comment! To see this gallery C4AC click here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Another exciting announcement, we now have a badge for you to proudly display on your blog; here is the link.
Sticky:Cards For A Cause Blog Badge
Also, we have a section now for on going Cards For A Cause, these are organizations that take cards all year. If after your monthly generous giving you have others, go here..thank you so much for all you do!

Fellow SCSer's, thank you for spreading your SCS love! Once you have mailed them come back to us here and let us know.

Stamping Servant 12-31-2019 01:41 PM

Thank you, Zella .... it will be fun making cards for this organization.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

cheermom 01-01-2020 06:34 AM

I'm in :)

mcfadden 01-01-2020 02:28 PM

Are we only allowed to use animal stamps, or are we allowed to use other images? These are to be blank cards, right?

Dorie95 01-01-2020 05:45 PM

I'm in, too. Made a couple of cards the last few days with different animals, dogs, cat, and some floral sympathy cards.

Broussde 01-02-2020 03:51 AM

Do the thank you cards have to have an animal theme?

mcfadden 01-02-2020 04:03 AM

Thanks for answering my question regarding the sympathy cards. Are "thinking of you" the same as sympathy? Can y'all tell I'm rather precise-:D

cheermom 01-02-2020 11:48 AM

Shipping these out tomorrow :).

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...56d189386e.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...7d1ab9b836.jpg

SBinGA 01-02-2020 12:42 PM

I'm in!! I had fun making for them last year!

rainykay 01-03-2020 11:04 AM

Count me in. Already working on them.

DLS881 01-04-2020 01:39 PM

It will be fun making animal cards

Lucy1213 01-05-2020 07:43 AM

Awesome! My goal is to make 3 cards. I'm going to use holiday stamps with cats and dogs but change the images so they can be used for general cards as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lucy1213 01-05-2020 07:45 AM

Love these! Bright and cheerful :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermom (Post 21901719)

shendrian 01-05-2020 02:14 PM

Count me in. I'm already working on them.

russnzella 01-06-2020 03:14 AM

Great question! You can use any image but of course animal stamps would be great since it is the humane society. :) And yes, blank cards (unsigned). You can have a sentiment stamped inside but please do not hand write anything inside or sign your name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 21901342)
Are we only allowed to use animal stamps, or are we allowed to use other images? These are to be blank cards, right?

russnzella 01-06-2020 03:15 AM

Another great question! No, they do not have to be animal themed. The animal theme is just an extra challenge if you want to use some animal stamps. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broussde (Post 21901530)
Do the thank you cards have to have an animal theme?

russnzella 01-06-2020 03:17 AM

I'm a stickler for details too. LOL!! Thinking of you and Sympathy can be two different things or the same... I know, I know - not a real precise answer but that's all part of creativity right? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfadden (Post 21901535)
Thanks for answering my question regarding the sympathy cards. Are "thinking of you" the same as sympathy? Can y'all tell I'm rather precise-:D

RileyRuxpin 01-06-2020 06:21 AM

A group of ladies and I exchange cat cards regularly. Some of the cards are true works of art and I have hoarded them over the years. This cause gives me reason to remake some of those cards and pass them on. Love to recycle. I am so in!

AScrapofKindness 01-07-2020 10:34 AM

Posted 72 this morning. USPS Tracking No. 9534 6143 1066 0007 3878 94, ETA 1/14/20. I am loving the advanced notice on these great causes.

Ldumont999 01-10-2020 03:45 AM

I'm a little late in joining, but I will have a bunch of cards to send shortly. As always, greatly appreciate all you do Zella.

Ldumont999 01-10-2020 10:17 AM

I posted a few of the cards I made in my gallery.
Ldumont999 Member Gallery - Page 1 - Splitcoaststampers.com This was a fun project. Still have a few more to make, but I also have an other project I'm working on - so I don't know how many more of these I will get done. My cards tend to be fairly simple, but I do put effort into the coloring and paper choices (smile).

HappyGoLucky 01-13-2020 08:13 AM

I mailed my cards today (three) - posted in my gallery.

traingina 01-15-2020 01:38 AM

please accept my sincerest apologies, I was not able to send cards last month, and it looks like January is going to be a bust as well...
My MIL's most recent discharged from Rehab was on Dec 8, and it's been a full time job coordinating Home Health Aides in her house for 2 shifts per day, Physical Therapist and nurse's visits, getting her medicaid pushed through, getting her to doctors appointments, doing her grocery shopping, laundry, bills, prescriptions and trying to find and convince her to go into Assisted Living, all while working full time. We cancelled the holidays here - i worked and hubby was tending to Mom both days we couldn't get a CNA in to take care of her. To our credit - we've managed to keep her out of hospital now for over a month - something we'd not been able to do for more than 10 days at any point in the previous 6 months!
We are, hopefully, getting Mom moved into an Assisted Living Facility this Saturday - and after the initial crush of getting her settled in and toting her personal effects to the ALF at her whim - we are desperately hoping she's going to settle in and give us a break.
and I will - hopefully - if God so wills - be able to return to doing some card-making and taking time for my own mental health - and get back in touch with crafty me... instead of the overwhelmed, over-stressed, dutiful daughter-in-law.
I have high hopes and an expectation of being able to participate again starting in February!!!
Thank you all for your understanding!!

adopted2 01-15-2020 01:03 PM

Gina, Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I know the feeling having gone through a very similar experience with my Mom. Hopefully your Mother-in-law will enjoy the ALF once she gets settled in. Big hugs - hope your craft room gets to see you soon!

rainykay 01-17-2020 11:10 AM

Mailed out 25 cards yesterday.

SBinGA 01-18-2020 09:53 AM

Gina...so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law! Being the be all caregiver is tough. Hang in there. Hopefully she will settle soon and you can do some things just for you! Hugs and prayers for you!

Stamping Servant 01-21-2020 06:16 AM

Mailed eight cards today.

Kathi127 01-23-2020 07:01 AM

Gina, so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.  We are going through something similar with my father-in-law who has terminal cancer.  It's been a nightmare trying to find a facility that would take him since he can't be alone anymore.  We were fortunate to find an in-home health nurse who is staying with him along with hospice coming in.  I know how stressful these situations can be, I hope things work out that she will go into assisted living and give you guys a break.

shendrian 01-24-2020 05:17 AM

Mailed out a box of cards yesterday - 24 cards.

Dorie95 01-24-2020 06:52 AM

Cards mailed

Mailed 20 cards Wednesday.

traingina 01-27-2020 02:14 AM

Dropped by to see what's going on -
and to say Thank You for the outpouring of support...something that i found was much needed and appreciated!! :-D

MIL is happily in a home-based ALF- a growing phenomenon here in South Florida, not 5 miles from our house. So Hubbs is now, justifiably so, turning his energies (and dragging me along) to getting her old house shut down, and using that as a venue for us to try to reconnect as well. We're paying for both right now - and that's not sustainable!

Maybe i'll be back in March...after we get our non-refundable-costs-more-to-cancel-than-to-go-Anniversary-Cruise taken the end of Feb - the house should be ready to turn over to the mortgage company by then.
Thanks again to all who sent such kind notes and messages -

I miss being part of what's going on here - and am soooo looking forward to being able to come back!!

Kathy LeDonne 01-30-2020 10:46 AM

I have been working on cards right up until today and I have 60 going to the post office today.  Blessing to you Zella for all you do in setting up this challenge thread!

adopted2 01-30-2020 11:56 AM

I forgot to say I mailed 50 cards on Monday for this month's cause. I may not be able to participate every month, but when time permits, I appreciate being able to make cards for the great causes that Zella has found for us.

hardanger40 01-30-2020 01:10 PM

Two dozen going out tomorrow.

susie718 01-31-2020 11:53 PM

I missed making cards for Bring Smiles to Seniors, the cause for last August, so this month I worked on those and sent out 115 cards.

RileyRuxpin 02-01-2020 06:22 AM

Forgot to post that 25 cards w/30 envelopes and stickers mailed 1/22.  Should have been rec'd 1/27.

ScrapperBecca 02-02-2020 11:16 AM

I will be mailing out my January cards tomorrow as well.  Had a few more pet themed ones I wanted to finish up this weekend.  :)
Becca

ScrapperBecca 02-05-2020 03:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did make it to the post office on Monday.  Sending priority, they said the cards should be arriving tomorrow.  My apologies for the late mailing; I really wanted to be able to include all of the animal themed cards I had been working on.
Becca