Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   January 2014 Mission-Cards For A Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/january-2014-mission-cards-cause-582567/)

va.sunshine 01-01-2014 05:04 AM

January 2014 Mission-Cards For A Cause

2014 Cards For A Cause
January MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!

ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED:
Hospice of Health First

Description of Organization:
Hospice of Health First is committed to providing comfort and care to terminally ill patients at home, in nursing facilities, the hospital or at the Hospice house. They provide many other services such as respite care, caregiver training and support and bereavement services.
Bereavement services are offered as support groups or one on one meetings for 13 months or longer if needed. After a year many groups stay together on their own for support.
Bright Star is a highly specialized bereavement service offered for children through Hospice.

CONTACT PERSON:
Teresa - va.sunshine

Referred by:
Fellow SCSer-Donna Jennings(Donna Jenn)

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED:
Sympathy, Thinking of You, Hi, Just a Note, Thank you, Birthday and any others that can be used to stay in touch with and give encouragement to those who have lost a loved one. Would prefer blank inside but some stamped sentiments would be good. Please include envelopes if possible.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS:

Please refrain from get well cards, religious, and no glitter please.

MAILING ADDRESS:
Please mail cards to...
Danielle Armstrong, Volunteer Coordinator
1900 Dairy Road
Melbourne, FL 32904

For a little added inspiration you can join us in playing along with the OPTIONAL challenge each month. This is only optional and you do not have to play along to send your cards to the featured cause for the month. We always take cards no matter if you play along in the challenge or not.
This months challenge is to use grey/gray on your card. Be sure to use the keyword C4AC11 so that we can check out your card and comment! To see this months gallery C4AC11 click here .
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Another exciting announcement, we now have a badge for you to proudly display on your blog; here is the link.
Sticky:Cards For A Cause Blog Badge

Also, we have a section now for on going Cards For A Cause, these are organizations that take cards all year. If after your monthly generous giving you have others, go here..thank you so much for all you do!

Fellow SCSer's, thank you for spreading your SCS love! Please feel free to mail your cards all throughout the month of October!

Once you have mailed them come back to us here and let us know they have gone postal!

Thank YOU!

va.sunshine 01-01-2014 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok everyone, I decided to keep the OPTIONAL challenge....if you want something to get you in the studio than you can play along. This month it is to use grey/gray.

here is my card
Thanks by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

va.sunshine 01-01-2014 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another card to share...

U R Special by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampinspooky 01-01-2014 05:01 PM

Love your cards Teresa....what a great cause....can't wait to send them cards.
Thanks for hosting this Cards for a cause!!!!

Arkie 01-01-2014 06:20 PM

Glad to know u kept the challenge althought I only did a couple of them. I am looking forward to get back into making cards for a cause,, I didn't have opportunity go get any made in Dec but have started on Jan.
Wish peace and happiness for all in this new year.

lilypadsis 01-01-2014 06:41 PM

Awesome cards Teresa! I'll get my grey/gray all lined up for another month of making cards for a great cause!

MiamiKel4 01-01-2014 06:44 PM

I just LOVE this idea, this mission. My dad was with Vitas, a form of VA hospice, for a few weeks before he passed and I just know of the value of receiving notes of love, support, healing hugs. Thank you, Teresa, for this. What a beautiful blessing.

Subbing and will get a card created by the weekend and in the mail.
Thank you! ♥

Scrappin Nona 01-02-2014 05:03 AM

Will the cards be for Children or adults? Either way great cause . And I will be happy to participate

va.sunshine 01-02-2014 11:03 AM

I think for adults, but I will find out for sure and get back with you...thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 20469499)
Will the cards be for Children or adults? Either way great cause . And I will be happy to participate

va.sunshine 01-02-2014 11:05 AM

thank you Sharon, I had such fun making them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilypadsis (Post 20469211)
Awesome cards Teresa! I'll get my grey/gray all lined up for another month of making cards for a great cause!

va.sunshine 01-02-2014 11:06 AM

thank you for sharing this, I enjoy the challenge too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 20469185)
Glad to know u kept the challenge althought I only did a couple of them. I am looking forward to get back into making cards for a cause,, I didn't have opportunity go get any made in Dec but have started on Jan.
Wish peace and happiness for all in this new year.

va.sunshine 01-02-2014 11:09 AM

Kelly, so glad you are here! The people from Hospice are amazing...my family was assisted by Hospice and it was a special blessing to us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 (Post 20469217)
I just LOVE this idea, this mission. My dad was with Vitas, a form of VA hospice, for a few weeks before he passed and I just know of the value of receiving notes of love, support, healing hugs. Thank you, Teresa, for this. What a beautiful blessing.

Subbing and will get a card created by the weekend and in the mail.
Thank you! ♥

va.sunshine 01-02-2014 04:04 PM

they do need cards for children too, as young as three years old. So yes, both children and adults....how fun to make cards for children.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin Nona (Post 20469499)

Donna Jenn 01-02-2014 09:37 PM

Hi fellow SCSers!
This months Cause is near and dear to my heart. Twelve years ago my dad passed unexpectedly in the middle of the night. Quite a shock for all of us. He was not in the care of Hospice. My mom was completely lost and in shock for 6 months. A counselor from Hospice of Health First took her in and counseled her and got her into a support group for widows. Twelve years later she still lunches with most of those ladies and many of them along with my mom are now dedicated volunteers.
In the initial post for January I should have given more details as to what types of cards they need. So I'll do that now.
They need cards of comfort and support for patients and family members that are under Hospice care.
Cards for caregivers are needed for support and to encourage the caregiver to take time to take care of themselves. Tea bag cards?
Hospice offers several bereavement services. They have one on one counseling as needed and support groups for widows, widowers, teenagers, children and any one else in need. Hospice stays in touch with everyone with phone calls, cards and visits for at least 1 year. Longer if needed. This group need cards to help the counselors stay in touch during this time. Blank inside is preferred but some with stamping is ok.
The Bright Star program helps children through the grieving process. Sometimes we forget that even small children do grieve but just can't communicate how they feel. Art, music and pet therapy are used to help express their feelings. The kids are from 3 yrs. on up. Cards along the lines of sending hugs, just for you, etc. Valentines Day is just around the corner, maybe some Valentines?!
Thank you in advance for each and every card that you send. Whatever kind you send will be used and appreciated.
Teresa, thank you for giving us a place to do what we love and share what we do with people we care about.
Donna

stampinspooky 01-03-2014 06:18 AM

Donna, what a story......Hospice is a great organization. It also helps me to know what kind of cards are needed I'm working on some now....

dsp245 01-03-2014 04:59 PM

Sent 10 cards today.

StampinAK 01-03-2014 08:18 PM

I have some cards looking for homes... I will go through and see if they fit the need. This sounds like a fabulous cause!

va.sunshine 01-04-2014 02:53 PM

thank you so very much Cynthia....so glad you can help this month!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinAK (Post 20472353)
I have some cards looking for homes... I will go through and see if they fit the need. This sounds like a fabulous cause!

stampinspooky 01-06-2014 04:28 AM

I got some cards made the past few days, I'll be sending them out this week. Love having a place to send Happy cards and knowing they will be used. Everyone stay warm in this arctic weather that is moving across the country....we are 15* in N. TX and high will be 33* but I know some areas are even colder.....

Arkie 01-06-2014 06:11 AM

We received 13" of snow yesterday on top of the 5" we had on the ground. Travel restrictions are being inforced so I will have all day to craft and try to stay warm. Wind chill is 40 below but God is good the sun is shining and making the view from my windows a sparking winter wonderland. Alll of you who have the same problem, stay safe and warm.

Donna Jenn 01-07-2014 03:14 PM

The Hospice has started receiving boxes of cards! They wanted me to say "thank you for the absolutely beautiful cards and this wonderful opportunity!" In my long novel above (sorry about that) I did forget to mention that yes they do need sympathy cards too.

Donna Jenn 01-09-2014 09:31 PM

I have 32 Cup of Soup cards going out tomorrow.

basement stamper 01-10-2014 04:41 AM

Thank you for sharing Donna! It's always nice to hear that they're being received. Hopefully I'll have some cards to give out sometime this month. Thanks for helping me to feel extra good about making cards!;)

debsee 01-10-2014 06:32 AM

I mailed 24 cards to this amazing organization yesterday
Thanks for another wonderful place to send the cards we create.
If it wasn't for the Cards for a Cause every month my house would
be overflowing with all the cards I love making! Thank you!
Deb from Verona, WI

scootsv 01-12-2014 03:21 PM

Thanks for the kind Mission for the month. I will be making some cards during the week and will post when I mail them. Thanks for all you do.

va.sunshine 01-13-2014 02:26 PM

I am working on cards too, so glad to see everyone working so hard! Thank you all!

stampinspooky 01-14-2014 03:49 AM

FINALLY my cards will go postal today, I decided to use my SU Envelope board to make the envelopes also...what fun.... Thanks for this wonderful cause to send our cards to.

beehappy 01-14-2014 09:13 PM

thank you for all your hard work. cards will be sent by the en of the week.

Missro 01-16-2014 04:11 PM

Wonderful mission this month! Hospice is a wonderful organization and very close to my heart. My Dad passed 13 years ago to a very aggressive brain tumor and the doctors and nurses who came to our home to help my father and the other members of my family were the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I will be making cards all month and will stop by to let you know when they've gone postal. Thank you for all you do!

va.sunshine 01-17-2014 01:45 PM

Robin, thank you for sharing your story, it is very touching. so glad you are here and willing to help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missro (Post 20489986)
Wonderful mission this month! Hospice is a wonderful organization and very close to my heart. My Dad passed 13 years ago to a very aggressive brain tumor and the doctors and nurses who came to our home to help my father and the other members of my family were the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I will be making cards all month and will stop by to let you know when they've gone postal. Thank you for all you do!

va.sunshine 01-17-2014 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another card for this month's OPTIONAL challenge

Hey There by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bensarmom 01-17-2014 04:06 PM

38 cards going postal from Ohio.

Donna Jenn 01-17-2014 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a challenge card.

AnniePanda 01-18-2014 04:09 AM

I can personally concur that this hospice has a gifted group of people volunteering. They were wonderful to my dd and I when my precious son had to be cared for in the house here in Palm Bay 3 years ago. How interesting this should come up for me at this time, the pain is still present. This reminds me to focus on helping others. Thank you for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

va.sunshine 01-18-2014 08:18 AM

Joyce, I am so sorry; I can feel the pain in your post. Thank you for reminding us to focus on helping others. So glad you shared your story. Sure hope you can join us this month, if not we totally understand. {{{hugs}}}

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePanda (Post 20491587)
I can personally concur that this hospice has a gifted group of people volunteering. They were wonderful to my dd and I when my precious son had to be cared for in the house here in Palm Bay 3 years ago. How interesting this should come up for me at this time, the pain is still present. This reminds me to focus on helping others. Thank you for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

Donna Jenn 01-22-2014 01:26 PM

I am forwarding this email update from Danielle at the Hospice house.

"Thank you so much to you and your group for their expressions of love and creativity in the cards I have received. They are all so unique and beautiful. I am eager to get these out to our patients and families and spread a little cheer!

So far I have received an amazing 160 cards from all over the states. This is a great group you have and I greatly appreciate you considering us to be the recipients. we are extremely grateful!

I will continue to keep you informed on how many more we receive!

Thanks again!

Danielle"

bensarmom 01-22-2014 02:25 PM

This is amazing ladies!

Arkie 01-23-2014 08:59 AM

Mailed 18 cards yesterday.
It is always fun to make cards for organiztions who help those in need. It is somethimes hard to find ways of feeling good about doing something for others.
With our weather so cold and snowy for the last month crafting has been the only thing keeping me sane. (or as sane I can be).
Hope everyone is keeping warm, our high today is supposed to be 4 with a wind chill of

va.sunshine 01-23-2014 01:59 PM

thank you so much for sending and making cards!

yes, it has been super cold here in Virginia too; I have been making cards, drinking wassail, and creating a very long wish list after the CHA previews....teehehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkie (Post 20498394)
Mailed 18 cards yesterday.
It is always fun to make cards for organiztions who help those in need. It is somethimes hard to find ways of feeling good about doing something for others.
With our weather so cold and snowy for the last month crafting has been the only thing keeping me sane. (or as sane I can be).
Hope everyone is keeping warm, our high today is supposed to be 4 with a wind chill of

lilypadsis 01-23-2014 03:50 PM

My medium flat rate box will go out on Saturday. Thank you Teresa and Danielle for coordinating this!