Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   FEBRURARY 2021 MISSION - CARDS FOR A CAUSE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/februrary-2021-mission-cards-cause-637212/)

russnzella 01-31-2021 03:21 PM

FEBRURARY 2021 MISSION - CARDS FOR A CAUSE

2021 Cards For A Cause
FEBRUARY MISSION
Stamp from the Heart!
ORGANIZATION BEING FEATURED: Send Seniors Love

DESCRIPTION: (From the founder) My name is Ashley. And I am the Founder of #SendSeniorCitizensLove, I started the #SendSeniorCitizensLove campaign when COVID started shutting down the nursing homes. From experience of visiting my Grandparents in the nursing home, I knew that isolation and depression ran rampant through the days of normal operation and that it was only going to get worse as COVID shut down visitation. I knew that some of the senior citizens were not tech savy and needed another way to communicate and that is how #SendSeniorCitizensLove was born!
Their Mission Statement (from their website): We focus on making the maximum positive effort for our Senior Citizen Community. We collect letters, cards, notes, drawings, and more! Our goal is to make every senior citizen smile!

TYPE OF CARDS REQUESTED: We are collecting different cards with each different season. When it is a season of down time, we just ask for cards with words of encouragement or something that has a personalized feel to it.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS: Christian themes are welcome but not necessary. Envelopes would really be helpful if possible but not necessary. No restrictions regarding supplies.

GUIDELINES: Please keep in mind, we are representing SCS by sending our cards each month. Recycling is always good, but only use products on your cards that you would like to receive on cards. Also, our card donations are not tax deductible and it is not required. Please do not ask for a receipt. There have been groups that will send thank you's but the "referred by" person keeps us informed and passes on the thank you's. Most of these organizations are volunteers and spend countless hours helping others, let's help make their jobs easier and bless them in helping others.

MAILING ADDRESS: Please mail cards to...

SendSeniorCitizensLove
11251 Parkside Drive
Knoxville, TN 37934
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want an extra challenge? Looking for a little extra challenge for this month? February is traditionally about love and hearts and red/pink/white....so this month our extra challenge will be to use those colors or add a heart on the card somewhere. It doesn't have to be a Valentine theme. :)
Be sure to use the keyword C4AC so that we can check out your card and comment!

russnzella 01-31-2021 03:23 PM

LOL!!! I can't spell February! LOL!!! And I can't figure out how to edit the title of the post....so there is your chuckle for the month....LOL!!!

rainykay 02-01-2021 10:06 AM

I never even noticed it until you mentioned it. So much for my observation. LOL. Have already been making cards for this wonderful organization. Trying to focus on some Easter cards and I think everyone enjoys getting a cute card with a bunny or chick on it.

adopted2 02-02-2021 06:24 PM

This sounds like another great cause! Do they want a message inside the card too or are the cards to be left blank inside? It sounds as if they want an inside message - just want to check to make sure.

russnzella 02-03-2021 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adopted2 (Post 22049188)
This sounds like another great cause! Do they want a message inside the card too or are the cards to be left blank inside? It sounds as if they want an inside message - just want to check to make sure.

Either is fine 😊

russnzella 02-03-2021 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainykay (Post 22048681)
I never even noticed it until you mentioned it. So much for my observation. LOL. Have already been making cards for this wonderful organization. Trying to focus on some Easter cards and I think everyone enjoys getting a cute card with a bunny or chick on it.

What a great idea making Easter cards! ❤

ScrapperBecca 02-04-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainykay (Post 22048681)

I was thinking the same thing rainykay - some cheerful spring colors and cute critters are sure to bring some smiles! I have a couple off new Easter packs I am eager to break open for this month's cause.
Becca

ScrapperBecca 02-04-2021 07:40 AM

I am in! Going to make some Easter themed cards and some general happy/encouraging sentiments. When we sent cards to Smiles for Seniors last year, I sent a batch of cards with "Smile", "Have a great day" and "Hello" stamps......time to dig those out again for this great group!
Becca

DLS881 02-04-2021 01:15 PM

Great cause!

pblibby 02-10-2021 06:59 AM

I have mailed out 243 cards! :)

Sarge 02-13-2021 06:12 PM

I have sent a large envelope off today.

rainykay 02-17-2021 09:10 AM

Sending 25 cards out today.

russnzella 02-18-2021 03:11 AM

As always - you guys are amazing me!! Thanks for being so generous!!!

I just received a new request from out 2021 Special Project - St. Francis Reflections Life Stage Center. If you have some extra time to make a few extra cards - please stop over and see their request on that thread.

God bless you all! Hope you're all staying warm and safe. I know Texas is going through a rough time as well as other parts of our great country - let's remember them all in our prayers.

traingina 02-24-2021 02:59 AM

I've got 24 ThinkingOfYou, Hello, Blank/No Sentiment and a few ThankYou cards going into the mail drop today - tracking number: 9405509205568288229612

anewhobby4me 02-24-2021 06:09 AM

I am sending off 60 general thinking of you type cards. Great cause.

adopted2 02-24-2021 01:38 PM

20 thinking of you cards on their way this afternoon. Enjoyed making cards for this cause! Looking forward to next month's mission.

ScrapperBecca 02-25-2021 08:38 AM

Box of 60 cards mailed out yesterday, with "have a great day", "wishing you a happy day", "hello" themes. I had made some cards with butterfly paper and my sister found an awesome stamp to go with it that said "Just fluttering by to say hi!" I used those cards as well, her timing was perfect!

I did look at the website for this month's group and noted some of their other card requests throughout the year, I really liked that they included the window of dates for each of the holiday celebration dates. Just throwing that out there in case anyone else was interested in keeping this group on their radar for another send sometime during the year and hadn't seen it.

Have a great week everyone!
Becca

hardanger40 02-28-2021 11:52 AM

Mailing 50 cards and envelopes tomorrow. Easter, spring, birthday and happy day themed.

russnzella 02-28-2021 01:52 PM

Y'all are amazing!!! I don't know why I continue to be shocked by your giving spirits every month because you always give so much....but every month I am overwhelmed with your generosity. Thank you for always being so kind and sharing your talent and your heart with the current cause.

The March cause will be posted shortly...Hopefully in the next half hour.

God bless you all!!! Giant hugs!!!!!

susie718 03-01-2021 12:09 AM

I mailed out 46 cards last week.

leandra333 03-08-2021 09:28 AM

I mailed 207 cards on Saturday