Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards for a Cause (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/)
-   -   Card request for a stroke victim (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-cause-215/card-request-stroke-victim-639903/)

mac4551 10-30-2021 04:22 AM

Card request for a stroke victim

Hello All - A dear friend of mine suffered a stroke on October 15. I have sent her name and address to the Teapot Tuesday forum, but thought I'd add it here as well (since I was a SCS member for a long time before I found out about Teapot Tuesday). She loves cardinals, does embroidery (so detailed) and crochets, collects angels and Holly Hobby items. Any card would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you so much.

Joyce Sipe
4229 Bethel Road
New Wilmington, PA 16142
USA

Again, Thanks to all!
Mac

DebbieinOC 11-01-2021 02:25 PM

Hi Mac,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will send her the cardinal card I made for a color challenge last month. I hope she likes it. And, of course, I will send a Tea Pot card when she comes up. I hope she has a full recovery.
Hugs,
Debbie

mac4551 11-02-2021 08:04 AM

Thank you so much Debbie - we "both" appreciate it. At this time I have no further news on her recovery - it was a massive stroke !

Thanks again...

NewBDooBDoo 11-09-2021 01:10 PM

I'd be glad to send something! So sorry for your loss.

mac4551 11-19-2021 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBDooBDoo (Post 22127635)
I'd be glad to send something! So sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much. The only update I have so far is that she can't sit upright. She has passed out, but they did further scans and no additional strokes have hit her.. must be something to do with blood pressure. I will try and keep everyone posted.

Thank you again...

Sarge 11-21-2021 07:25 PM

I have a cardinal themed card ready and it will be mailed in the morning. I hope your friend feels better. Sarge

mac4551 11-24-2021 06:45 AM

UPDATE: Joyce's sister sent me a note, Joyce has been transferred to a different rehab center that is a 2+ hour drive away from family. Test results show she now has COVID, and this other facility is for COVID patients ONLY. No visitors, no phone calls either (?- have no clue why). I'm sure she could use some cheering up.. thank you to anyone who can send a quick card.

Joyce Sipe
Belaire Rehab
100 Little Drive
Lower Burrell, PA 15068

DebbieinOC 11-24-2021 02:19 PM

Hi Mac, I have a card that I will modify with a cardinal and send out over the weekend. I'm so sorry to hear that she is facing even more health issues. How sad and difficult for her, her family and friends.

You may also want to post this notice over on the Tea Pot Forum for her week. I don't think many of the TeaPotters do CAC and some might be willing to send another card if they see your update.

Prayers for Joyce. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Reminds us of what we should be truly grateful for.

mac4551 12-09-2021 03:12 AM

Thank you Debbie (and all how replied)... I did post this on Tuesday Teapot, she was our November 16th mission.

No updates since her COVID issue... thank you all again..

Mac

russnzella 12-09-2021 06:53 AM

I will get a card out today as well. Prayers for Joyce as well as her family and friends.