Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Can You Believe It? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/can-you-believe-f66/)
-   -   UNBELIEVABLE! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/can-you-believe-f66/unbelievable-t120018.html)

StacyBeth 02-11-2006 10:44 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!

WILD WILD WEST is going for almost $200 on the -bay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stampin-Up-Wild-...QQcmdZViewItem

Dorinda 02-11-2006 11:03 AM

you know I really really want this set, but no way will I pay that kind of money for it. Unreal.

Stamping Teacher 02-11-2006 11:05 AM

:eek: ...I am speechless.

Softangelkisses 02-11-2006 01:02 PM

Oh my goodness!!

texasjodylynn 02-11-2006 01:36 PM

I wish I had that set! :) It would cover my first spring mini order. LOL

stampinhappy 02-11-2006 06:00 PM

Craziness!!! I checked out the buyer and she has purchased 44 items this past month. She is paying STUPID money for lots of Stampin' Up sets. Someone needs to mail this lady a catalog along with a few order forms. She would be a GREAT customer!!!

angelina

trudee 02-11-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
I wish I had that set! :) It would cover my first spring mini order. LOL

You and me both, sista! LOL

photocropper 02-11-2006 06:40 PM

Dang...wish I had that set to sell .... would help convience dh to let me go to CA!!!

LateNightScrappin 02-11-2006 07:06 PM

LOL this is exactly what I was thinking!!! LOL Wow Unbelievable...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinhappy
Craziness!!! I checked out the buyer and she has purchased 44 items this past month. She is paying STUPID money for lots of Stampin' Up sets. Someone needs to mail this lady a catalog along with a few order forms. She would be a GREAT customer!!!

angelina

stargirl 02-11-2006 07:22 PM

I have it!!

I like it a lot, and live in ranch country, but I think I'd like $200 better! I've never sold a stamp set on ebay before, think I should give it a try?

texasjodylynn 02-11-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
I like it a lot, and live in ranch country, but I think I'd like $200 better! I've never sold a stamp set on ebay before, think I should give it a try?

If you have it, sell it girl! :)

KBW 02-13-2006 08:04 AM

I have been watching all of the wild wild west sets on the bay - the first one sold for 117, 125 and now 200! Crazy! There is another set up right now, end in a couple of days and it is currently over 100!
As much as I would love to have this set, I can't see ever spending that much on it!

stargirl 02-13-2006 12:29 PM

WOW! Maybe I will sell it!! Although now that I know how valuable it is, I think I like it even more!!!:D

thegmommy 02-15-2006 08:12 PM

Just a thought, but I'm wondering if the great interest and apparent value of this set has anything to do with the movie, "Brokeback Mountain"?

For those of you who've seen this movie, you'd have to admit it does have some resemblence to the characters.

sexy stylist and stamper 02-15-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegmommy
Just a thought, but I'm wondering if the great interest and apparent value of this set has anything to do with the movie, "Brokeback Mountain"?

For those of you who've seen this movie, you'd have to admit it does have some resemblence to the characters.

LOL!!!! This is funny! Your so right though!!!!! Great set but ridiculous price!!
Ive not seen the movie but I sure like the "men" in it!!!!

scrapqueen 02-15-2006 10:16 PM

That is just insane!!

thegmommy 02-15-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexy stylist and stamper
LOL!!!! This is funny! Your so right though!!!!! Great set but ridiculous price!!
Ive not seen the movie but I sure like the "men" in it!!!!

Should you see the movie, you'll definitely see them in a "different" light...and they are simply HOT playing it gay or straight ;)

scarlett75 02-16-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegmommy

ROFLOL!

Sara W. 02-16-2006 06:56 PM

WOW! I own this set now. Looked for it forever. Finally found it on the bay, but I only paid $80. And I thought that was a crazy amount to pay then.(Had to have it no matter what it cost) Love it though and probably will NEVER sell it unless I'm completely broke and even then it would be hard for me to sell. LOL!!! I'm a cowboy, old west ADDICT if you haven't figured that out yet.:)

Auntielauri 02-18-2006 08:16 PM

Man, I'm as big of a stamp junkie as the next girl, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend that much money on a stamp set.

Lauri

malia_r 02-19-2006 08:14 AM

Wow, that is a insane amount to pay for a set,,but I guess if you really really want it, you'll pay anything to get it! I've seen "Brokeback Mountain" and it's a great movie,,,I enjoyed it, whether they are gay or not. It's a movie worth seeing.

stampcrave 02-28-2006 12:03 AM

It was I that sold that set and I promise you I listed it at a reasonable price! I don't know what to say! I feel guilty- That is a huge amount to pay and it did cover my Spring Catty order nicely!

cindy nagel 02-28-2006 05:09 AM

Congrats!! I wish I had a coveted retired set to sell on Ebay!!!

row4d 02-28-2006 06:59 AM

Perfect example of the law of supply and demand at work. The set is retired and hard to find, so supply is scarce and demand is through the roof. I should forward some of these links to my old economics professor to use as examples in his lectures!

peggysue 02-28-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Perfect example of the law of supply and demand at work. The set is retired and hard to find, so supply is scarce and demand is through the roof. I should forward some of these links to my old economics professor to use as examples in his lectures!

Only if he'll give you retroactive extra credit and a higher grade! :)
peggysue

row4d 02-28-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysue
Only if he'll give you retroactive extra credit and a higher grade! :)
peggysue

I graduated almost six years ago -- he probably doesn't even remember who I am since he teaches 1000 students every semester! ;)

Stampin Gerri 02-28-2006 10:05 AM

I have been watching these sets on ebay..
This is not the first one that is going to sell for over 200.00
One sold for 268.00 maybe 3 weeks ago.
I would love to have this set, but not at that cost...

basurok 02-28-2006 10:15 AM

Wow...that person must really want that baaaaaaad!;-)

Think of how sick they would be if they came across this at a yard sale for say $2!

peggysue 02-28-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basurok
Wow...that person must really want that baaaaaaad!;-)

Think of how sick they would be if they came across this at a yard sale for say $2!

Let me know where that yard sale might be . . .
peggysue

cwby694u 02-28-2006 11:26 AM

Had this set and sold it. Didn't get $200 for it. Just purchased Happy Trails on Ebay for a friend and it cost her $88.00. I imagine this set will also increase in price. I have always told my customers that SU stamps are an investment.

awayoflife 02-28-2006 12:54 PM

I could buy sooooooooooo many stamps with $200.00 !!! I'm one of those that thinks that they have to have every stamp sete but $200.00 could'nt do it.

Kristie

stampinchickadee 03-02-2006 05:18 PM

Jealousy

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrave
It was I that sold that set and I promise you I listed it at a reasonable price! I don't know what to say! I feel guilty- That is a huge amount to pay and it did cover my Spring Catty order nicely!

I think we may all agree it is a ridiculous price to pay for a stamp set, even this stamp set. However, I think we all wish we were on the selling end of this stamp set. I know I spend a fortune on stamps and I am not a demonstrator. If I were, I would do the same as you to buy more stamps. Because that's what it is all about isn't it, "MORE STAMPS". More power to you fellow stamper, YOU ROCK!