Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #81
Gabfest Goddess

Default My 2 cents

While I'm an addicted blogger WITH MUSIC...I have it turned off ONLY for those that like my music and want to listen to it. I use to have it on and read some feedback of those "annoyed" by it, so I left it as optional. I know my blog readers love hearing my music and some have even told me that's one of the reasons they visit my blog...because of my music. My DD who's 12 and just started blogging has her music on and YES, it does make me jump as I keep my speakers on and I told her to leave it as an option. Luckily blogs with music don't make the pages load slow...but the ones with TONS of animated pictures of animals etc...now THAT does slow it down and it REALLY turns me off from their blog. While I'm a music lover...I do agree if bloggers have music players...keep it as an option! Thanks!

Gabby
Old 03-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #82
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5View Post
I agree with prchvs - my blog is to inspire OTHER people, not myself. That's why I post things online. I have 3 blogs and only one has music. I have gotten nothing but positive feedback regarding my playlist, and like someone else mentioned - I have people comment that they leave it open for background music. BUT, I know you can't please everyone. I DID just set it where you have to click "play" to start it. I use projectplaylist in my blog sidebar.

Another thought is: no matter how many people post in this thread that they don't like blog music, it's still the minority considering how many thousands of people blog surf everyday. So if you're thinking about adding a playlist - go for it! Just pick "no" for autostart when creating your html code to copy/paste if the music haters really concern you.

I really am neutral on the subject. I see both sides (one a little more than the other though). I have never left a blog just because of the music. I LOVE music! And if it wasn't my style, my speaker has an on/off button.
I second THAT! I don't leave blogs with great inspiration because they have background music...I just either turn down the speakers or just turn them off.

Gabby
Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #83
Insane Embellisher

Gabby, you are right. It's NOT the music list in the sidebar that slows blogs down, it's all of the animated stuff. Those annoy me more than music ever would, LOL! But that's a whole 'nother thread........
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!