Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Question Water Marking?

Hi Everyone!
Ok, I've been blogging awhile & understand one needs to "water mark" your photos so they aren't stolen & used by someone else.

But I've noticed, that some use their custom designed stamps, with their names, blog name, website, whatever they want on it instead. Along side of their creations. Have you noticed this?
So, what's the difference I ask? And wouldn't it be easier to steal one's work without having the "water mark" then? Just thought I'd ask!

THANKS for your input!!!
Old 01-18-2020, 04:15 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I've noticed people doing this, and also putting the watermark below/to the side of the card. I agree, that's not going to stop anyone using the image and claiming it as their own make. I always make sure my watermark is actually on the image, I've just made it semi transparent so it doesn't hide the image too much, but is clear enough who made it. I suppose a personalised stamp could be stamped onto acetate, then lay over the design for photography, which I'd think a better way of doing it if you don't have a watermark?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2020, 05:44 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

THANK YOU, Silverwolf for your in-put. You know what I've done? I had that custom made stamp done & I have one with my logo on a wood block too. Magnuson Stamps did it for me. They also gave me digi images of it, but I haven't figured out how to use them yet. LOL (Not so good with the computer.) I just place that block on my image somewhere & take my photos! I DO LIKE your idea of stamping on acetate to do this too! The only problem I would have with acetate is the glare I would get! OTHERWISE, it would be THE PERFECT FIX! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your in-put! (YEP, I think if you don't put your "water mark" right on your image, it could be stolen too! ) INKY HUGS for your response!!!! <3
Old 01-18-2020, 06:01 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

TLady, maybe cutting down the acetate close to the stamping, and maybe adjusting the position of the card slightly might help? Say, just angled slightly?
This glare thing is my one big dislike of the TH Glass mat! I love it because it's black, lol, but I have florescent daylight tubes in my room, and I get terrible glare from them off it.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:54 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

That's SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!! (Trimming down the acetate!) I'm going to have to try that!

I've been thinking about getting the TH Glass Mat. Changing the subject here a bit, but are your measurements on the mat accurate? That is the one reason I haven't gotten it. Heard they were off, & they wouldn't fix it, but told people to buy the tools that go with it for straight lines. I can see how it would give you a glare too! I have an LED light over my desk though. Have you tried the Water Media Mat? I know you can't do alcohol inks on it without staining it, but they have a paper pad that can be placed in it now. I just keep mine for water color work or Oxide Ink blending. But, I need something to work on that can take the alcohol inks & clean up easily, so they don't stain my work surface. (I don't like the idea of using paper pads for the water media mat & having to keep buying them! LOL)
Old 01-18-2020, 08:24 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I can't say I've noticed the measurements being off- just tested it and they match perfectly with the TH ruler, so seem ok. I don't very often use it for measuring, which is how I'd not noticed. The sort of 'T' ruler tool is useful for straight placement, I've found, although that was in fact 'off' by a tad, just stuck a sliver of paper on one edge of the 'T' bar part,and it was fine.

The glare annoys me as when I'm making cards to blog, I like to do 'step by step' pictures, and I now have to keep moving stuff to avoid it!
Old 01-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for letting me know about the TH Glass Mat! The ruler tool is what was told to the person to get to get accurate measurements. I actually have those tools, got them for another purpose. But I am definitely thinking of getting that mat now that you've told me you haven't noticed a problem! MAYBE, they fixed it???

I can see it would be hard to get pictures for blogging with the glare. Moving stuff around like that is having a crowded house & having to move things to clean! It takes a lot longer to do what you set out to do! LOL NO FUN!!! Is there something you could use as a filter & put up over the lights when you take pictures?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:37 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

T-Lady, are the digi stamps sent to you by Magnuson png files? If so, use something super simple like Powerpoint to watermark your card. Just drop your card picture onto the Powerpoint screen and then go and drop your digi on top of that. You can then adjust the watermark's size and position before saving it as a jpeg.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 01-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

OH THANK YOU, Lynn!!! NOW, I understand my problem!!!! I don't even have Word on my computer, so I KNOW I don't have Power point!!! THANK YOU LYNN for letting me know! I am daft when it comes to the computer, SERIOUSLY!!!! LOL I've taken notes on what you said to file away for when I DO get any other additions to this machine! THANK YOU LYNN!!!! It is SO NICE to have friends on here! <3
Old 01-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I use Watermark Pro. It's a free app for both PCs and Macs and not hard to use at all. Here's a link to the CNet download page. You drag your photo to the page, click the "logo" icon, then drag your digi image into the logo box.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

THANK YOU, Carla!!! I had used a free water mark, but it quit working for some reason. Thankfully, I had my Custom Made Stamp Image done on a block just for the purpose of using in my photos! I'll check out the site your recommended! HUGS!!! <3
Old 01-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Hey Carla, can you put the link to that site up again? The link isn't working.

THANK YOU!!!! <3
Old 01-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Try this one, Watermark Pro - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Old 01-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Carla! <3