Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Strange ID rejections

I am having a problem with blogspot blogs and wonder if anyone else has ever run into this - or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Probably a little more than 50% of the time when I try to post a comment to a blogger on blogspot, my ID is rejected, for no reason. It's accepted everywhere else, because it's valid and current. Approximately half the time it's accepted by blogspot, the same folks who say it can't be verified the rest of the time.

When these rejections pop up, it doesn't matter if I use Open ID, typepad, or Name/URL, the red line will appear below saying my id "could not be verified".

My own blog is on typepad - is there a random periodic incompatibility between typepad and blogspot mechanics?

If this is happening to me it's happening to other people too. If you have a blogspot blog you may not be receiving all the comments that were meant to be posted to your blog. Those who can't get through don't even have the option of alerting you of the situation.

Anybody have an explanation for this? I'm very untechnical so maybe I'm missing something obvious? Aaaargh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I have exactly the same problem and have never been able to work out why. My own blog is in limbo right now but it's on blogspot so I don't think its a compatibility issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I know my friend has this problem when trying to comment on my blog. I think she is on Typepad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

"If this is happening to me it's happening to other people too. If you have a blogspot blog you may not be receiving all the comments that were meant to be posted to your blog. Those who can't get through don't even have the option of alerting you of the situation."

I too have had this happen many times, but I finally traced it to my browser add-on which limits Scripts. I can permit or deny Scripts on the fly and have found unless I permit EVERYTHING Google, I am blocked from all kinds of things on Blogspot Blogs. For instance, it takes a certain set of Scripts to see who the Followers are, to read the Comments of others, or to Subscribe to the Newsletter. Google owns the world, so to speak, or at least wants to and will block you or even redirect you, if you won't comply with their rules.

Now, how about a discussion of Word Verification when you want to leave a comment on a Blog? This pet-peeve has now expanded to 8 letters.....you have to give up all your security in order to leave a Comment and then you have to fiddle with the Bloggers' security to get the Comment accepted.

Mumble, mumble, gripe and Moan. :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes