Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Scheduling a post in Blogger

I've only recently started blogging with Blogger so I'm just trying things out. Yesterday I tried scheduling a post but it didn't work. Is it temperamental or is it me doing something wrong?

I changed the date and time and then hit Publish and the post appeared on my blog straight away instead of being scheduled.

Any advice please? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I haven't had any trouble with it not being scheduled. The problem many have had is that it hasn't been posting when it's supposed to. My last 2 have posted on time though. If you make the time and date in the future, it should show in your list of posts and say scheduled.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

It's just being a pain. If you imput the date and time, it should post it at that time. Not sure why it's doing that..... but I use blogger and use that feature all the time. I've had it do that to me once; but I was able to go in and "edit" the post, changing the date and time again. This time it 'stuck'. Sorry I can't help you, but I think it was really a glitch. If it continues doing this to you, try hitting the save button before you hit publish. hth

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Crimping Master

Hi, thanks to both of you for replying.

I'm glad to say I've now cracked it! I just came to post here to say I'd finally managed it and I see Adriana mentioned hitting the Save button. With my test posts I was experimenting with, I was hitting the Publish button straight off but it works correctly if you save first.

I didn't even *need* to schedule a post but once I knew the option was there I just had to test it out and it was doing my head in that it wasn't working! I'm so relieved it works now!