Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default question about blog candy - WWYD?

I participated in a contest for some blog candy about 4 weeks ago. You had to comment on as many posts etc as you could. So I commented away. Probably commented on at least 50% of her posts. When the "blog candy" contest was over, her dh would pick a number out of his head and whoever had that number would win. Well I didn't have that number (completely fair and I was totally okay with that). She emails me to tell me that I didn't win but if she could have my mailing address because she wanted to send me a little something anyway. I said that wasn't necessary but would that would be great if you chose to do that ! Pretty nice of her. She's in the U.S. and I'm in Canada so if she sent anything it would probaby take a couple of weeks (assuming she took a few days to mail it etc). I just figured maybe she'd send a card or something (not necessary but I always love mail so I'm not going to say no ) So I just kinda put that out of my head and forgot about it to be honest.
Then about 2 weeks ago she has another blog candy contest. Same thing all over (pretty much). I won that one ! Cool ! I give her my mailing address again just incase. I posted a huge thank you on her blog, emailed her a thank you etc. I will also send a thank you in snail mail style. That's just me.
Here's where I'm stumped ... I got the blog candy winnings (clear stamps, cool felt shapes, a book and other great stuff !) a couple of days ago but never anything from her 1st blog candy contest. Don't get me wrong, I do not think I'm entitled to anything, she just said she would send something and I would hate to think that this wonderful woman sent something and it got lost on the way to me. Do I just let it go or do I email her and say something? I don't want her to think I'm greedy but also if she did send something and I don't say thank you I don't want her to think I'm ungrateful !
This lady was so nice to me sending me this blog candy and you can tell on her blog that she's a really nice woman.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I would say exactly what you did - that you're just concerned that it got lost and that if that is the case no biggie but you didn't want her to think you were rude.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I think this is extremely rude. I post so often to the blog comment thread, and it was obvious it was my blog.

I sent her <lizette> a 3D butterfly card the same day I told her she didn't win the first blog. I even took the card to the post office to have it metered so I knew the postage was correct for someone over seas.

My husband picked the number 17, which was the winner, the second blog candy was names drawn from a hat. She (lizette) had responded to so many she won, fair and square, just like she lost fair and square the first time.

I have stopped sending Candy over seas because of the enormous shipping increase we will experience here in the US very soon. But I will be sending out a nice card to two individuals who post from overseas. It is clearly explained on my blog.

I am very offended and frankly hurt that someone would think of me as being less than honest.

I guess here in the US we have stuff lost in the mail and don't give it a second thought. I'm sorry she didn't receive it. I will be happy to send out a replacement once I am feeling better.

loretta

Last edited by Jovi; 04-14-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Currently Offering Blog Candy
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Kookie Creator

I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I also never meant to imply that I thought anyone was dishonest because I don't think that. My appologies.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
Embossing Fanatic

Lizette, I can see how you would feel like you were between a rock & a hard place. I would have felt that same way as you. YOu didn't want her to think you were complaining by asking her about it but at the same time you didn't want to let it slide if it had gotten lost in the mail. I'm so sorry your post backfired on you.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
Gabfest Goddess

Loretta I think you completely took her post the wrong way. I did not read anything of the sort in her post about you being dishonest.

She was obviously thrilled that you were so generous, and didn't know how to approach the fact it never arrived. I really, truly feel you took it in a way that it wasn't intended.

Yes things get lost in the mail all the time, but when something is sent and "not expected" by the recipient, it's an awkward situation when you intend to thank the person. She truly didn't want you to think her rude for not thanking you, AND she didn't want to be rude in asking you if you sent it in the first place... between a rock and a hard place on that one... either way she could (and obviously did) offend you.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
I think this is extremely rude. I post so often to the blog comment thread, and it was obvious it was my blog.

I sent her <lizette> a 3D butterfly card the same day I told her she didn't win the first blog. I even took the card to the post office to have it metered so I knew the postage was correct for someone over seas.

My husband picked the number 17, which was the winner, the second blog candy was names drawn from a hat. She (lizette) had responded to so many she won, fair and square, just like she lost fair and square the first time.

I have stopped sending Candy over seas because of the enormous shipping increase we will experience here in the US very soon. But I will be sending out a nice card to two individuals who post from overseas. It is clearly explained on my blog.

I am very offended and frankly hurt that someone would think of me as being less than honest.

I guess here in the US we have stuff lost in the mail and don't give it a second thought. I'm sorry she didn't receive it. I will be happy to send out a replacement once I am feeling better.

loretta
Loretta~ I *really* don't think she was being rude, or implying you were less than honest. Actually, she gushed about your generosity.
And, I don't think she wants anything replaced.

I have so much stuff to clean out and give away that I no longer use and all sorts of new stuff that is still in wrapping~ and this is the type of thing that keeps me from posting any sort of giveaway on my blog.

hope you both can see past this.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to spazzgirl

I didn't hear anything rude in the initial post either...I thought she was afraid your card was lost in the mail.
Seems like an honest question, whether to tell you or not that she never got it.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

You are all missing the point. Honestly. Let it go. PERIOD. The point is she should not have posted it to the forum. She should have contacted me personally.

Ok. Lets get on with 'real' life. Save the drama for your mama'.

Last word..... please stop this insane posting.

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com
designer; www.sparklensprinkle.com
Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhettaView Post
You are all missing the point. Honestly. Let it go. PERIOD. The point is she should not have posted it to the forum. She should have contacted me personally.

Ok. Lets get on with 'real' life. Save the drama for your mama'.

Last word..... please stop this insane posting.

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com
designer; www.sparklensprinkle.com
Wow! That was rude and totally unnecessary.

And no, the OP was NOT saying you were rude or dishonest, she was asking for opinions on whether she should say something about not receiving something.

Nothing wrong with that and your reaction was totally overblown.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwgastamperView Post
Lizette, I can see how you would feel like you were between a rock & a hard place. I would have felt that same way as you. YOu didn't want her to think you were complaining by asking her about it but at the same time you didn't want to let it slide if it had gotten lost in the mail. I'm so sorry your post backfired on you.
That's exactly why I posted the question. I also really wanted to keep it anonymous, I truly did not think anyone would know who I was talking about.
I feel bad that I have upset someone but it's nice to see that others here can see why I did what I did. Thank you for that.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #12
Gabfest Goddess

I plan on writing to Margaret at sparkle and sprinkle and informing her of the rude behavior of one of her designers. I have purchased many items from S and S, but feel I do not want to purchase from a company if their design team members behave this way...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Go ahead. Call Margaret. I don't think this is any of your business. 1. You never post a private matter to a public forum. You call me rude? Make sure, (Since I talked to her 20 minutes ago) to tell her the whole story.

Not just your version. What does a private online forum have to do with my design work? Nothing. How many times have you been published? Have you ever gotten paid for your publications? I was published 15 timesin the last year with Margaret's images, and I got paid. Get off your high horse, get back down to earth. Keep reading... this gets better.

Frankly, I think you are overstepping your boundries. Back off. Let it go. I did. Please Stop this insane posting. This is between Lizette and I. I even left a post on her blog about how nice the blue borcade (I killed the spelling) is. It is fabo. My point still is that this should have been handled privately.

I'm not being rude. Just honest. Apparently you people can't take honest. This is getting on my nerves. Are you done yet?!

Lizette, please do not misunderstand. It cost me more $50.00 in merchandise that I sent to you, probally more if you include shipping time and labor. I hold you in highest regard. I love your blog, I have acutually been a subscriber for a while now, and don't plan to unsubscribe. It was so worth it to me... why? I thought of all the nice posts and nice emails I received I was routing for you. I was happy when your name came up! I still am glad you won! I think you deserve the best.

If you have taken this the wrong way, I am sorry, but honestly this was not a forum for the public, not being rude, if you need to contact me do so privately.

Stop this INSANE posting. Please. Can't a moderator step in? Help me!

Loretta
Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

This is the PM I sent to Lizette so every one knows.

Lizette;

I can't find your email addy, my computer lost half my address book. I'm still trying to recover it. What a nightmare.

This WWYD stuff needs to stop. Period. If you have a problem, come to me. Not some open group forum. That is rude, uncalled for and hurtful. Please keep reading. You need to read the next parts.

If you knew me better, you'd know I am the person who would give you their last penny if I thought it would make a difference in your life. I'm the volunteer that never gives up and makes sure another life is blessed.

I hold you in the highest regard. Please forgive me for a few ugly words. I am very upset that someone so sweet and honest like you had to post to a public forum and not email me. I hate you didn't get the butterfly. I would still like to send you another card,

The card I sent you inspired me to do some others like it, and that is why I won the ATC contest at the Allentown, PA (USA) convention. It was based on the card I sent you, just put in minature.

I even subscribe to your blog, I have for like 4 months now. I loved the hot knife, I haven't seen anything like it, but I can think of like 100 things besides stamping it could be useful for.

Ok, I've spoken my peace, counted to 10 and calmed down. Once again, I am sorry if you feel juilted, hurt or otherwise. (I'm not a very good writer, so forgive that part, I just kinda shoot from the hip).

Ok, I need to actually balance the blasted checkbook, I've been avoiding it all day.

Stamping Hugs,

Loretta R.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
Hardware Hotshot

Okay ladies... it's time to close the thread.

Let's move on and go stamp
Closed Thread