Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Questions? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-f289/)
-   -   Slideshow not fitting into sidebar... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-f289/slideshow-not-fitting-into-sidebar-t380768.html)

MilwaukeeMommy 09-08-2008 07:04 PM

Slideshow not fitting into sidebar...

Anyone else have this problem? I wanted to add a slideshow to my blog (thanks for putting that idea in my head, Crissy!) so I created one in Photobucket. When I uploaded it to my sidebar, part of it was cut off. I have one of the "cute backgrounds" from that website everyone's talking about, & I've tried to make it wider but it just won't work for me. Debbi gave me the info I needed to widen it but it won't work. I tried another site for my slideshow but that wouldn't fit either. I thought about just having a slideshow at the top of my blog ~~~ like a sticky post ~~ but I didn't know if readers would like that or not. Ugh!

Motherof6 09-09-2008 07:43 AM

Michelle,
I see now that even though you can widen the columns the template is hosted as on complete image so it will not widen... Maybe a wider template like one of their 3 column images (but leave yours at 2)

MilwaukeeMommy 09-09-2008 08:28 AM

Thanks, Debbi ~~ gosh, I'm glad there's a reason I can't do it, & that it wasn't an operator problem, lol!!

I also thought about just changing to the stretch minima, & using one of their templates for that. They only have 4, but at least it would hopefully allow my slideshow to be seen.

ETA ~ thanks for the tip about possibly using one of their 3 column templates ~~ won't hurt to try.

MilwaukeeMommy 09-09-2008 08:36 AM

Ok, I used a 3 column template. It made the middle part wider ~~ or so it seemed. My slideshow is still cut off. It looks like my journaling & sidebar are still the same width.

I think I am going to save myself a headache & pay someone to redo my entire blog!! LOL ~~ it's frustrating, because I can do most of it myself, but it's little things like this that just irritate me, & I end up spending way to much time on it!

MilwaukeeMommy 09-10-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks Crissy ~~~ I did end up exporting everything to Slide, but the darn thing still wouldn't fit correctly. I redid the whole template ~~ used Stretch Minima, then chose one of the backgrounds for that template from TCBOTB ~~ NOW it fits. I could have still used the Photobucket slideshow, but because I don't pay, I'm limited to 50 photos per slideshow. I think with Slide it's unlimited.

So it's done ~~ different template, different background, & 2 slideshows added. Till next week, when I decide to do something different, lol!!

MilwaukeeMommy 09-10-2008 11:58 AM

PS ~~ I notice yours fits nicely, & that it's vertical. Hmmm...I must have missed that option. That would have been easier than changing everything else!

kinglake 09-11-2008 03:36 AM

i had that same problem so to get around it,i put the slide at the bottom of my blog in the middle it worked xx jo xx