Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newbie blogger - some questions

ok, it took me awhile to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I just created a new blog last week. I have been trying to play around but feel like I am so restrained from doing cool things that other people have done in their blogs. I am pretty good when working with technology, but this one has got me stumped (mainly because I don't understand the HTML mumo jumbo)...I have a few questions for many of you who have been blogging for some time:

- At the end of each post, there is a date and time stamp including the labels that you type in yourself. I can't seem to get rid of the MFT that keeps popping up whenever I post. This seems to be hard wired and can't seem to get it off. When I first started I must have inadvertantly put in MFT in something because I wanted to post some MFT cards. Here is an example of what I mean (you can also click on my siggy to see on my blog):

Posted by Stamping Mutt at 3:28 PM 0 comments
MFT birthday cards, Gina K Designs, RAK, sympathy cards, TAC

- How can I make a links at the top of my page (or tabs) so that the person can go back to certain sections of the blog (for example, the MAIN page)

- Is there a way to break up the pages so that I have sidebars (on both sides of the layout) - not on just one side (mine is currently on the left side) I guess this is where you would put in info like your profile, copyright info, blog lists, etc.

- Are there any free websites where I can get cool backgrounds and create a cooler looking banner?

ok, this is it for now...thanks in advance for your advice.:mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm not sure about the labels, but on mine, I have to fill them in. I'll try to look at that tonight if no one responds before that.
As for getting back to the main page, on blogger, all they have to do is click on your header.
You can google free blog headers and free blog backgrounds to find a whole bunch of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyemmertView Post
I'm not sure about the labels, but on mine, I have to fill them in. I'll try to look at that tonight if no one responds before that.
As for getting back to the main page, on blogger, all they have to do is click on your header.
You can google free blog headers and free blog backgrounds to find a whole bunch of them.
Thanks Jana for the info...somehow MFT keeps showing up as part of the label at the bottom of the post - I don't know how to get rid of it...the other labels I do type in.

I will have to go google some free headers and backgrounds.

Last edited by a1r601; 10-09-2008 at 12:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I put my replies in Red
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1r601View Post
ok, it took me awhile to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I just created a new blog last week. I have been trying to play around but feel like I am so restrained from doing cool things that other people have done in their blogs. I am pretty good when working with technology, but this one has got me stumped (mainly because I don't understand the HTML mumo jumbo)...I have a few questions for many of you who have been blogging for some time:

- At the end of each post, there is a date and time stamp including the labels that you type in yourself. I can't seem to get rid of the MFT that keeps popping up whenever I post. This seems to be hard wired and can't seem to get it off. When I first started I must have inadvertantly put in MFT in something because I wanted to post some MFT cards. Here is an example of what I mean (you can also click on my siggy to see on my blog):

Posted by Stamping Mutt at 3:28 PM 0 comments
MFT birthday cards, Gina K Designs, RAK, sympathy cards, TAC
The first place I would check to fix that would be in the layout section. In the blog post section there is an edit there. You might have typed it in there.

- How can I make a links at the top of my page (or tabs) so that the person can go back to certain sections of the blog (for example, the MAIN page)
Without doing editing to the HTML the easiest way would be to add a text page element underneath the header. Just type your words and link them to where they need to go.

- Is there a way to break up the pages so that I have sidebars (on both sides of the layout) - not on just one side (mine is currently on the left side) I guess this is where you would put in info like your profile, copyright info, blog lists, etc.
You can do a google search for 3 column blogger templates and have oodles of choices.

- Are there any free websites where I can get cool backgrounds and create a cooler looking banner?

ok, this is it for now...thanks in advance for your advice.:mrgreen:
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Question

Thanks Debbi for your suggestions/advice...I know the other labels I DO type in but MFT keeps popping in as part of the labels...if you click on my siggy and go to the end of one of my posts, you will see what I mean? I've tried to edit it over and over again. It seems like it's engrained into the label or something. How do I fix that?

I have not had a chance to look for the free backgrounds, but will also do a search on the three column layout design as well.
Reply With Quote Likes