Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Designing a Blog Banner

Hi All,

I am soon going to get Michelle Laycock to design a new blog banner for me -she does such beautiful work!

Anyways, for those who already have a really lovely banner - how did you decide on the design/colours for it! I have just been over at Michelles website again going through alllllll her banners that she's done, but I don't even have a clue where to start with my own! I want mine to be unique to me, not a "kinda" copy of someone elses!

Any tips on how I should go about it!?

Karen
xo
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Insane Embellisher

bump
Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I created mine from a photo I took of my studio. Then I played in a photo editing software program to add the Title and alter the colors and size to fit the background I had. I decided to use the photo because it just seemed to fit for me. All the digital images of embellishments and whatnot just aren't my style. Hope that helps.

My Blog -- Shannon's Sentiments
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
Insane Embellisher

well I change mine all the time - I get sick of the same look lol. Right now I have the colour green.
IMO - I think pastels, like pink, green, yellow etc. Look really nice together. Flowers, swirls and scallops also look really effective.
Just choose colours and things you like and if you don't like flowers don't choose flowers. If you like the colour blue, choose the colour blue. Remember a blog is all about you, your style, your cards, your life. So make it something you like - not what you think others might like.
hth and good luck in choosing
xx
Old 01-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
Inking Addict

When I designed the website www.tingtura.se I decided to go with a few certain colors. So when it was time to add a blog www.tingtura.se/englishblog I went with the same colors and used the websites banner with a little rework. Both banners are full of Tingtura stamps, of course. If I did a personal blog banner Id probably work the same way. Pick colors for my design and then create a banner with those colors and my favourite craft products.

Im actually more pleased with the blogs banner than the websites banner... will have to redo that one.

TingturaDesign
Old 01-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
Glitter Queen

I love everyone's banners! My other creative endeavor, besides stamping, has become web design. I did most of the design for my website, and designed the masthead as well. The masthead is a simple piece I put together in Photoshop. Nothing too fancy, just a simple but colorful piece. As I use Photoshop more and improve in it, I'm sure I'll be redesigning and doing more with it. But I'm thrilled with the look right now. I don't have the link in my signature, so I'll put it here.

Stamping Over the Rainbow
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Inking Addict

@ Riff-Raff: Webdesign is fun and pshop is great! As you learn more youll enjoy it more. My sister had me retouch all the photos for her christmas cards and a calendar with photos for my mother. The photos were "meh" before pshop, and "wow!" afterwards

@ gale: Thats a good method! Ive bookmarked that site I often use pshop. Find a picture of photo that inspires. Print screen and paste into pshop. Use the eye dropper tool to grab the color. Then click the color in the tool bar to get the color window up and there you see the colors hex!

TingturaDesign