Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default Can You Help with WordPress.com

I used Blogger for several years to do a basic blog, but I am trying to update and switch platforms.

I have set up a site using Word Press.com but I cannot get it to function the way I would like.

I want to post blog posts about 3 subjects: Faith, Family, Crafts that I do. I have set up a static "About Me" page and categories for my posts. I THOUGHT that WordPress would use those categories to separate my posts into 3 "sub pages" appropriately titled, but I must have missed something.

If you use Word Press and you understand what I am trying to do can you either advise me or point me in a direction where I can get instructions?

Here is a link to my site in case that helps any.

https://renewalandrefugewithstella.home.blog/

Thanks!

Stella
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Grayson Bell is one of the best teachers i know when it comes to Wordpress. He has a free course that you can take and be a part of his facebook group. You can ask questions and he is usually very fast at answering.

This forum wont let me post the URL, so feel free to email me if you would like the link this his free course.

Hope it give you some solutions

Brandi Mahon

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 05-14-2019 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: self-promotion
Old 04-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Word Press, IT support

I'm not tech savy, but have a friend who uses WP. A friend of the family, Margie who owns Geek websites, takes care of all Word Press issues. Her expertise and attention to detail are fabulous. click here, to contact her... she has reasonable rates, great service!
Old 08-31-2020, 07:08 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyteecherView Post
...  I have set up a site using Word Press.com but I cannot get it to function the way I would like.

I want to post blog posts about 3 subjects: Faith, Family, Crafts that I do.... but I must have missed something.
I just looked at your blog then realized that your post was from 2018! I guess you must have figured it out by now as I did see links to the three different categories. BUT...... there are no posts in any of the categories. So have you given up?

Old 12-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

my friend has a word press site and loves it, you may want to consider someone to help you.  I recommend www.geekwebsites.com, Owner margie baxley.  Great service, reasonable prices.