Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blog, facebook, twitter.....help!

OK - so I really am trying to catch up with technology, but am struggling! It's all I can do to keep up with email, but now it seems there are so many other things out there that I haven't even touched. I've joined facebook, ning and multiply in order to join in on some groups, swaps, etc, but haven't done a thing with them since joining. I would love to start applying for some design teams, but know I need some sort of on-line presence (blog?) to post creations, etc.

so, I'd like some input from those of you with more experience with this on-line world we are living in! With limited time, where would you start? Blogging? Facebook? help!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Joan --

Many of the design team calls require an applicant to have a blog. Since you are interested in applying, a blog would be at the top of the list.

A lot of SCS members are using Blogger.com for their blogs, which is free. Wordpress.com is another free service.

But aside from the design team requirements, posting to your own blog is just such a great experience. That would be enough of a reason to start one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I prefer blog too.
Im not to into facebook or twitter.
I started my blog after seen everyone here have one and been able to see their creations., its awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I have a facebook page but I only use it to keep up with school friends. I have a blog for crafty and other random posts. I prefer this because it kind of ties everything together. It's my online gallery, links to favorite sites, etc, all in one. I also use twitter - but it's kind of a corollary of my blog.

A blog is a good place to start, especially if you want to be on a DT (not that I've been on one). But blogs are the primary means of sharing for most manufacturers it seems.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Joan! I am a relatively new blogger and am having a blast! I chose to blog for the inspiration and because of my business. Facebook still scares me a little. Although so popular, it seems so invasive and once you post on facebook, they own all your data and info and can use it as they like. I can't comment on twitter because I just haven't had time to research it! I am too busy blogging and blurfing! Good luck with endeavors and blessings to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Blogger is super easy....www.blogspot.com - - and the most common in the cardie world. Facebook is social networking - - like with old school friends and family and I don't think it's the place to showcase your cards/artwork on a regular basis. Twitter is just a fun place to do updates on what you are doing - social networking and not a place to show graphics although you can send them out.
If you maintain your gallery here at SCS, that is the first for getting on a DT because they will want to see your work. Then they want you to have a blog that is well-maintained where you can promote them via your cards/creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you all for the input! I think I have a much better understanding of the differences now.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes