Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Questions? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-289/)
-   -   Uploading pictures on blogger? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-289/uploading-pictures-blogger-338980/)

Kisamari 04-08-2008 12:43 AM

Uploading pictures on blogger?

Does anyone know why some of my pictures uploaded in posts have links and can be opened and viewed larger and why some don't? I'd prefer to have them be able to be opened and viewed larger in a new page, but I can't figure out what I did differently on the ones that do that!! I've tried searching blogger help and google, but I really don't know what I'm trying to find! I'm wondering if it has to do with file size or because they were edited in Photoshop. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm stumpted! :rolleyes:

krabearkub 04-08-2008 03:38 AM

I can click on and elarge all the photos in your blog posts...did you change anything?

Motherof6 04-08-2008 06:26 AM

I can get some to enlarge and the rest will not. This has been a big question for awhile and no one has yet to find an answer, as far as I know. At first it was thought it was if the pictures were uploaded as set (as left, right or center) rather than none. That turned out to be false....

I have played with many uploading options to see what locks and what does not. I have even tried the various sizes and jpg, png etc.. It makes no difference, some lock and some just do not. :confused:

krabearkub 04-08-2008 06:42 AM

Ok...I have no idea what I was talking about...must have been a different blog that I went to. :???:

I can only click on some of them...

Kisamari 04-08-2008 08:40 AM

Thanks for checking! I guess it will be a mystery! I've bashed my head on the monitor enough .....so I'm going to have to try to give it a break and just let it be! I guess I could email blogger and ask!

TheresaCC 04-10-2008 08:41 AM

You know, I have wondered about this myself and the only theory I have is if you upload your photos to blogger from your computer they will be hosted by blogger as a set size and not be clickable links. If you use a image hosting site like Photo Bucket, then they are not actually hosted by blogger and will be clickable.

Motherof6 04-10-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaCC (Post 9466439)
You know, I have wondered about this myself and the only theory I have is if you upload your photos to blogger from your computer they will be hosted by blogger as a set size and not be clickable links. If you use a image hosting site like Photo Bucket, then they are not actually hosted by blogger and will be clickable.

I upload all of mine straight to blogger. I have even used blogger as a host for other things (just click on the pic and take the link). It seems the enlargement problem is random for me. Majority will enlarge, but once in a while...:confused:

Kisamari 04-10-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaCC (Post 9466439)

The funny thing is that I was uploading them directly from my computer..some would work, some would not. So I tried to find a similarity/difference between the ones that worked and did not...but even if I changed the size, etc. it still would not work! One thing I did find, and I'm not even sure if this was 100% of the time, was that if I uploaded the picture at the top of the post and DID NOT MOVE IT....it would work as a link. Once I moved it...the link was broken! I thought maybe it had something to do with the coding in the HTML thing. For the last few pictures I've linked them directly to the Picasa website that blogger uses and they open as links, but the open directly to Picasa rather than their own page, and I don't know if this is correct either. Also, I had to add the link inside the HTML coding rather than in the "add an Image" section, as when I added it "from the web" it just showed the link and not the picture.....so I don't even know that this is the correct thing for me to be doing either! I need to keep playing around with it I guess! :rolleyes:

TheresaCC 04-10-2008 09:05 AM

Oh well, that blows my theory. Sounds like another little blogger glitch. At least you know what to watch out for and can take pains to avoid it. :rolleyes: Good luck!

Kisamari 04-10-2008 10:41 AM

Okay....it really might be the size! Pixel size! I'm still trying though! Thanks!

steubner 04-11-2008 03:40 PM

It's the pixel size. :)

Motherof6 04-11-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubner (Post 9484366)
It's the pixel size. :)

So what is the proper size? I always size mine to 1000 px.

imchatty 04-22-2008 08:28 AM

Found this article on Blogger for Dummies....I think this might be the answer.

http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.co...t-enlarge.html