Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures in blogger

.....so I'm not sure if this should be here or under Photography BUT I have a question about adding pictures to posts because I'm not happy with the way mine are showing up and I'm sure there is a perfectly simple (for those computer minded folks) solution that I just don't realize.

I know how to add the picture to the post, but they seem really small and hard to see the details of the cards, plus some of the pictures look kind of fuzzy (although they are not before they are uploaded because I edit them in Picasa) - then if you click on the picture to see it more closely, the picture is HUGE - what am I doing wrong? Is it something to do with pixels, resizing, etc? You see, a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing.....

.........any help is very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

First off, when you upload the photo, you will have a choice in the Upload Image screen to choose the location of your picture, the layout (left, right, center) and the size (small, medium and large). I'm guessing that your default is set on small right now. Next time you upload a picture, click on the medium or large radio button if you want your picture larger. Personally, I use the medium.

As far as the photo being huge when you click on it, that is because of the size you saved it as on your computer when you originally scanned it or uploaded your photos. You can fix this by resizing your photos. When I scan in my cards, I resize them so that the larger dimension (depends on whether its a horizontal or vertical card) is 700 pixels. The computer figures out the other dimension. I find this to be a good size so that when the thumbnail on the blog is clicked on, the enlarged photo fits the screen to show detail, but is not so large that the viewer has to scroll up, down, left or right. If you get fuzzy details in this view, it's most likely because your computer is showing the photo at much larger than the orginal size which distorts the detail.

Don't know if I explained any of this well, but hopefully you get the idea and can make the changes you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by peebsmamaView Post
First off, when you upload the photo, you will have a choice in the Upload Image screen to choose the location of your picture, the layout (left, right, center) and the size (small, medium and large). I'm guessing that your default is set on small right now. Next time you upload a picture, click on the medium or large radio button if you want your picture larger. Personally, I use the medium.

As far as the photo being huge when you click on it, that is because of the size you saved it as on your computer when you originally scanned it or uploaded your photos. You can fix this by resizing your photos. When I scan in my cards, I resize them so that the larger dimension (depends on whether its a horizontal or vertical card) is 700 pixels. The computer figures out the other dimension. I find this to be a good size so that when the thumbnail on the blog is clicked on, the enlarged photo fits the screen to show detail, but is not so large that the viewer has to scroll up, down, left or right. If you get fuzzy details in this view, it's most likely because your computer is showing the photo at much larger than the orginal size which distorts the detail.

Don't know if I explained any of this well, but hopefully you get the idea and can make the changes you are looking for.
Thank you!! That helps a lot - I think I can figure it out from here I already changed the size on the uploaded images and I'm off to figure out the pixel thing. Thanks for the comment on the blog too
Reply With Quote Likes