Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default How to make PermaLinks?

When posting Blog Comments or writing the blurbs on my Gallery cards, I would like to include a link to my inspiration. For instance, I would like to say "The technique was inspired by this card", and the reader could click on the word "card" and be immediately redirected to the source of that card.

Do I need a certain software, or do I have to have my own Blog, or is there a simple set of keystrokes? I see it done OFTEN and wonder if someone here can tell me how or at least point me to the more appropriate place to pose the question.

Thanks,
Bahb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Was this query moved to a different forum, or simply deleted?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 395 Likes on 182 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

It was moved to the blogging questions forum

Can you see the original post?

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbForums at Splitcoaststampers
When posting Blog Comments or writing the blurbs on my Gallery cards, I would like to include a link to my inspiration. For instance, I would like to say "The technique was inspired by this card", and the reader could click on the word "card" and be immediately redirected to the source of that card.
Blog comments may or may not allow you put in hyperlinks. Most will not allow you to "hide" the link as you described above. You'd just have to copy the URL (address) that you are wanting to point out and paste it into the comment. Some blog services are not going to allow it to be an active link though ... AND some bloggers will delete your comment if you include a link.

Galleries are different. What you described above sounds like something you'd put in the description of your own gallery submissions. The code needed is the same as for comments on other people's submissions.

Click on Post Reply at the top of the comments, rather than use the quick reply at the bottom, you'll have the full forum post editor. Type in the text you want to appear. In this case "CARD"

Then click on the hyperlink button (world with infinity symbol) and paste in the URL that you want to link to.

When you finish, it will look something like this "{URL="http://www.greenislescrafts.com/2009/09/something-to-crow-about-punch-pal.html"}Card{/URL}"

But with straight brackets instead of curly braces. Now that you know what it looks like, you can also type it in directly. That works too.

Hope that helps!

Blog: Green Isles
Blog Design: Design by Tee

Artfire: Green Isles Crafts

I design for: Creative Sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

When you finish, it will look something like this "{URL="http://www.greenislescrafts.com/2009/09/something-to-crow-about-punch-pal.html"}Card{/URL}"

But with straight brackets instead of curly braces. Now that you know what it looks like, you can also type it in directly. That works too.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Well at least now I know it's called a "hyperlinkl", but I have no idea what a "hyperlink button" or "world infinity" looks like. For something that's "usually not allowed", I'm surprised how often I see it, usually as a courtesy to the original artist of an inspirational card , or to site a Sketch for some certain Challenge , or to give the URL where a unique product can be found. In any case, I'm counting on finding the right button/symbol and trying my luck at doing it. I know I can always instead cut and paste the URL, but since most other folks do the hidden hyperlink, I wanted to go along with convention. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write the explanation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I misunderstood you. Sorry about that. Such links are always allowed when your uploading your cards, pages and designs to the SCS gallery and certainly can be used in your blog post (no matter where your blog is hosted).

Blog (or website) Hyperlink - post and sometimes comments:
I thought you were asking about doing so in a comment on a person's blog. That is where it is sometimes not allowed - and usually not needed. Still, if you want to try it --- here's what the html hyperlink code looks like:

Here's another one you can try.

When you submit the comment to the blog, here's what it will look like:

Here's another one you can try.

SCS Hyperlink - gallery, forum or comment:
On SCS, the code looks different - like this but with straight brackets:
{URL="http://www.greenislescrafts.com/2009/09/something-to-crow-about-punch-pal.html"}Card{/URL}

Hope that clears it up a bit. Again, sorry if I misunderstood your question!

Blog: Green Isles
Blog Design: Design by Tee

Artfire: Green Isles Crafts

I design for: Creative Sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

thanks a bunch. i think I've got it now!
Bahb
Reply With Quote Likes