Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Questions? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-289/)
-   -   How do I add an 'email me' button on the side of my blog (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-questions-289/how-do-i-add-email-me-button-side-my-blog-404813/)

sf9erfan 12-16-2008 07:50 PM

How do I add an 'email me' button on the side of my blog

I have gotten several PMs from people suggesting I put my email address/contact info on the side of my blog. I didn't think about that when I first created my blog, it jsut never occured to me, but after some thought I would like to do it. I have my blog thru Blogger.

Well, I have spent the last 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to do that -even reading 4 pages of threads in this forum! I can't figure it out.

I assumed there would be a Gadget or something like that I could use. I have checked out several other blogs and lots of them have an "email me" clickable word in their sidebar.

Help!! :mrgreen:

indyemmert 12-16-2008 08:18 PM

Under Customize, click on Add a Gadget and choose HTML/JavaScript.
In the box put, Email me!</a*>
Take out the asterisks and put your e-mail address where it says "your e-mail address".
I originally found this by searching on Blogger.

sf9erfan 12-16-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyemmert (Post 12393959)
Under Customize, click on Add a Gadget and choose HTML/JavaScript.
In the box put, Email me!</a*>
Take out the asterisks and put your e-mail address where it says "your e-mail address".
I originally found this by searching on Blogger.

OMGosh! Thank you! It worked. I knew some smart stamper here could help me. Hugs,

indyemmert 12-17-2008 07:05 AM

Awesome, Michelle!

stampinmomnh 12-21-2008 12:26 PM

Thanks for that info!

doggonecrafts 12-31-2008 09:51 AM

Thank you for this !!

RIRed2 12-31-2008 04:36 PM

It works

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfan (Post 12394011)
OMGosh! Thank you! It worked. I knew some smart stamper here could help me. Hugs,

Don't you just love this place :p , I have learned so much from here. Still have alot to learn. ;)

ScrappyJanet 12-31-2008 05:11 PM

Jana thank you so much for your help on this and Michelle for asking the question - I have been trying to figure out how to do that as well. RIRed2, I see you became a member of SCS around the same time I did and boy, I have learned so much and continue to do so, but it is so much fun !!!! Everyone have a Happy New Year.

indyemmert 12-31-2008 05:36 PM

You're welcome! I've gotten so much help here myself that I'm glad to "pay it forward".

KayInFL 01-01-2009 02:47 PM

Thanks so much! There is truly nothing you can't find out here - SCS rocks!!

Menolly13 01-02-2009 06:45 AM

Thanks so much! I was just thinking about adding this last night, and now I'll know how to do it!

prchvs 01-02-2009 07:49 AM

if you don't want your email address out there for spammers to pick up, you may want to check out Kontactr or other services like it. This one is free! It basically provides a form for people to fill out and keeps your email addy hidden from the web. When you reply to the emailer, however, your email will show up to them.

sf9erfan 01-02-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prchvs (Post 12551372)
if you don't want your email address out there for spammers to pick up, you may want to check out Kontactr or other services like it. This one is free! It basically provides a form for people to fill out and keeps your email addy hidden from the web. When you reply to the emailer, however, your email will show up to them.

Oh, this is good to know. I was very hesitant in the beginning cause I didn't want my email addy out there. I am gonna add this on my to-do list!! thank you!

nursechrissy 05-16-2009 11:28 AM

I knew I would find the answer to this question on scs! :mrgreen:

ckreege 05-17-2009 11:14 AM

Thanks for the info, I added my addy to my blog too! TFS
Cathy