Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Answer from Inlinkz

Hi Christine,
After your input yesterday I also emailed Inlinkz with my problem and today I received a reply. As you said that you sometimes experienced the same prob I thought I'd pass on their reply to me.

I have yet to try their solution although I'm thinking it may be too late to meet the deadline for the challenge but at least if it happens again before they fix it I will know what to do.

Follows:

"Hi Elaine,

the URL address of your image contains spaces, converted to pluses (+). Apparently this is the reason InLinkz does not understand it.
I have noted it down to be fixed.

Meanwhile what you can do is to download the specific picture on your computer and give it a simple name (eg pic.jpg). Then, when you get to the page where you have to select your image, you will notice three tabs on the top. One says Upload from computer. Go there and select the saved picture and you are done. It will be used as the thumbnail. Just be sure it is under one megabyte (1024 kbytes) in size. "

So there you are, lets hope it helps hey?
Cheers,
Elaine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankiefinderForums at Splitcoaststampers
Just curious, thanks I have the same issue once in a while, so I've been trying to narrow down the problem
Hi Christine,
I did actually post this reply earlier but don't know where it went lol.
So, in case you didn't receive it here it is again.

Yesterday after my trouble uploading my card and all your input I emailed the Inlinkz crowd and today this is the reply I received.
Follows:

'Hi Elaine,

the URL address of your image contains spaces, converted to pluses (+). Apparently this is the reason InLinkz does not understand it.
I have noted it down to be fixed.

Meanwhile what you can do is to download the specific picture on your computer and give it a simple name (eg pic.jpg). Then, when you get to the page where you have to select your image, you will notice three tabs on the top. One says Upload from computer. Go there and select the saved picture and you are done. It will be used as the thumbnail. Just be sure it is under one megabyte (1024 kbytes) in size."

Maybe this will help you also if you experience the same problem. I haven't actually tried it yet and I'm thinking it may be too late to meet the deadline for the challenge now but still!
Regards,
Elaine
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Elaine!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure I stop putting spaces in my photo names for a while until they get it fixed

As long as you got your link in, even if the photo isn't showing, they'll still enter you in the draw, I'm sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-27-2010 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: bumped for promotion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

Hey all . . . thanks for the great feedback. I started this thread because I love challenges and wanted to encourage the challenge sites to make it easier for us to participate. With all your feedback I found some more great challenge sites. I added all your feedback to the original post. And, I also decided to start one of my own, which is really kind of random. I had no intention of doing that until just recently. Once I got the idea to do it, I couldn't wait to get started.

So, come see me at Catered Crop. Let me know if I'm following my own "best practices."
Reply With Quote Likes