Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #3801
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm sobbing here... Darlene, words are so inadequate. My heart is breaking for all of you... praying for you, my friend! And for Amanda and all who love her!

Kelly, your post had me caught between giggles and tears of laughter. You are quite a story teller.

Maggie, that's so sad about Whiff of Joy. I have had some of their stamps - for a very long time.

Lynn, that's the best thing to do sometimes - take one day at a time!

Waving at everyone else - Barb, Maxine, Shelly, Kristie, Kel (seems like we haven't seen her in forever).

Today will be a weird one for me. I'm taking a lady from our church to the city that is 1 1/2 hours from our town (where Starbucks and Chipotle is) to get a 15-minute radiation treatment for her cancer. Then we'll immediately return home. Do not pass go. Do not go to Chipotle. Do not go to a single store. Do not even go to Starbucks probably. AND......... I learned just yesterday (in the FB Stamping Enablers that there are - not 1 but 2 - 2 LSS in that town... very close to where I do all of my shopping and eating when I'm there for a day of fun. Sheeh! Today is going to be TORTURE!!! But I keep reminding myself, "Jeanette, this is not about you; this is about helping a woman overcome cancer."

I don't leave until early afternoon - and it's cool this morning... so I'm heading out to do some work in the garage shortly.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #3802
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Oh My--I too hurt for Darlene and the obstacles she faces........................

Jeanette--how can you drive through that town and not even stop for 5 minutes?
Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 AM   #3803
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I did not make it to the craft room yesterday, so it is in the plans for sure today.

The weather is great--temps in the 80's today! I love it, but I also love the fall colors and those are just starting to turn on some of the maples.

Have a great Tuesday and that is a predecessor to Hump Day and a Smoochy Wednesday!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #3804

It's going to be rough, Barb.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #3805
Mad Swapper

Darlene words cannot express the shock and horror I felt when I read your post. Be assured of my prayers for you.
Kelly have you ever considered writing a book - you are a natural-born storyteller and would have your readers in fits with your sense of humour!!
Hope you enjoyed your day Barb and got done what you wanted to.
Jeanette you will survive the trip and the temptations.... I think
Hugs, love and waving to you all from our cloudy corner - but it is warming up, finally.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #3806
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello friends!
Only skimmed briefly here. Shelly, such a sad, sad thing for your nephew. I will add Adam to my prayers.

Lynn, here's hoping that your back gets better soon.

Everyone: wishing you all a great week.

Today DS (Tim) and I go down to the hospital and meet with Amanda's ICU team and her case worker. On Sat. two neuro surgeons met with me & reviewed her MRI's. The damage is extensive, and there are large portions of her brain that are dead.

She was off the ventilator for a couple of days, but had to be put back on it Saturday. She looked better on Sunday. I didn't go down yesterday because they were going to try to get her off the ventilator again plus decrease her pain patch (a strong narcotic) by 50%. She doesn't react well to either of those things and I've seen it before, don't really want to see it again.

Our Pastor will be at today's meeting so that will be a big help.Sometimes I'm numb (like now) and that's good. Other times I'm a mess. It's so hard to decide even the simplest things, yet if it involves Amanda & her care my mind is razor sharp. So strange.

I thank all of you for such compassion and your friendship. It's friends and family that's getting us through this.
{{hugs}}
Darlene, I'm so very sorry to hear this news about Amanda. She is always in my prayers as well as you to have the strength and courage to be there for her. I believe in the power of prayer and I know that miracles still happen and will pray for one for Amanda. I'm glad that you have friends/family there for you to give you the support and help you need.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #3807
Quacker Stamper

Jeanette, I'm with Barb. I don't see how you can drive there and back and not at least stop at the Starbucks! I'm sure you'll do the right thing though. Is the lady not allowed to have anything from SB?

Yesterday my new 2-drawer file cabinet was delivered as well as my SU order! Yippee! I started moving things around which will give me more room for my c/s.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:28 AM   #3808

Yep, it's Wednesday!
(I'm sure hoping to see Smoochy today.)

Maxine, I agree... Kelly is a great writer! I think she is planning on writing a book - am I right, Kelly?

Maggie, I saw the news of that school bus accident in Houston this morning. So tragic! Praying for your state - and those impacted by the accident.

Tee Hee... I sure enjoyed all the comments about my trip - and lack of stops. You all know me so well!

*gasp! Maggie, can you believe it, the lady I took to the radiation is probably in her mid-50's and she's NEVER ever EVER been to Starbucks. I didn't introduce her to it yesterday either.

But............ yesterday went well... a drive over (1 1/2 hours) a 1 hour wait (they were behind schedule at the Cancer Facility), a 20 minute treatment (for her), and a drive home. No problems. Lots. and lots. of chatter.

And God is so good! I got a text yesterday morning from our state director, scheduling a meeting with the children team - for this Friday - in my most favorite city in Illinois! WOO HOO!!! I get to go to the city - and have Starbucks on Friday. (There's a Chipotle there, too, but I suspect we'll have lunch with the meeting, so probably won't get to have Chipotle, unless I bring one home for another day.) Oh, and did I mention I might also get to do a little shopping, depending on how long the meeting lasts.

I'll try to temper my enthusiasm/excitement.

Today I plan to work some more in the garage... and tend to some studies, too.

What's everyone else up to today?

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #3809
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo! <-- in my best Mrs. Doubtfire voice!

Morning from a yucky, rainy morning! The school(s) commute was positively miserable, but you know it - had to do the drive through! - I love my Starbucks peeps! And apparently they love me, too! Not only am I a regular, but sometimes I'm Karen, sometimes Kailyn, somtimes KellY, KellI, KellIE, KellEY, oh and my personal favorite, Caily! YAY!!! I can be who I want to be at Starbucks!

One time, my daughters and I said we were each of the band members from One Direction - she was Zayn, other dd was Liam, I think I was Louis ....... LOL!! She kept the cups for a long time after

Aw, thanks for the thoughts of books 'n me ... maybe one day. I'm halfway though one ......... in my head. Haha! I keeding, I keeding! I have it written down in a software program - haven't looked at it in a good while though ... that little thing called TIME

How is Jordan? I do hope he's on the mend and improving.

And Lynn and Jim, too!

YAY for SU! orders and new file cabinets, Maggie! I'm sure you were super excited to get started on moving stuff around.

My last craft room furniture is out of here on Saturday! A lady I sold it to is making a craft room for her 80 year old mom - isn't that the sweetest surprise! It will be nice to know it will be well loved in another home and I'm taking her boxes of goodies at no charge for mom to stamp and scrap ♥

I hope I'm stampin' and scrapin' when I'm 80!!!!!!!

Heading out in 20 minutes - be good, ya'll!

*hugs!*
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 09-16-2015 at 06:39 AM..
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #3810

Kelly, I think you should be able to be whoever you want to be... Starbucks should make that their new slogan.

Find Me on Instagram

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:58 AM   #3811
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--yes, Smoochy was found this morning and he wanted to send kisses to all!

I did get quite a bit done yesterday in the stamp room and I will spend more time there today. I had hoped the message I got yesterday from the Geek Squad was that the keyboard was replaced on my laptop and it was headed back to me from the repair place. No--that was not the message! They replaced the keyboard and the shift key still did not work so now they believe it is the mother-board. And--of course that item is not in stock and needs to be ordered and will not arrive until the 22nd! That was the day it was to be back to me! So--I wait a bit--quite a bit--longer................ and use an old laptop! I did save quite a few files on a flash drive that I am using, but it seems when I am looking for something, it is not there. Oh Well--things could be much worse and I just keep going along.

I hope everyone has an outstanding day!
Old 09-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #3812
SCS RAK Coordinator

Funny Starbucks story about names on cups. Rebecca's cousin's hubby went to one a few months ago and said his name was Marc--with a "C". When he got the cup it was spelled CARK!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #3813

Smoochy! I Smoochy!!!

Barb, I'm sorry about the computer. Drats! Glad you got a lot done in the Stamp Room yesterday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #3814
Pearl-ExPert

I have a favor to ask of everyone. You don't have to do this at all but I know it would be appreciated so much.
A blogging buddy of mine, Brenda, is going through a very very rough time right now and think she needs all the love and support the blogging and stamping community can give her. She's such a sweet lady with never an unkind word about anyone. We've been emailing for a little over a year now and you just couldn't ask for a better person. Her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer a couple of years ago and they've been in a fight for his life for so long. The end is near now and I know she'd appreciate your prayers.
Her blog is Friends Crafting with Friends (Friends Craftin' with Friends) and she has a very sad and moving post up today explaining what's going on. If you get a chance please read it and leave a message with prayers.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #3815

Oh Lynn, how very sad. I read the blog post and prayed. I will continue to do so. Please keep us posted as you hear/read more.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #3816
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Thanks for the thought and prayers for Adam. He broke up with his GF to re-establish a relationship with his former GF- the one that had the stillborn baby......and she hung herself the next day. Her family is reassuring him it is not his fault. He lives in San Antonio and we are up here in Illinois, but do have a brother in the burbs of Dallas that went and spent time with him, and the rest of us are texting and FB messaging with him, so know he feels the love from family : )

Both of the girls are out of the house as of this Sunday...Katie is in Chicago and Stephi is doing a year for AmeriCore and will be in Dubuque Iowa (and I have a TJ/Crafty friend there : ) I think it will be awesome). Oh, Stephi will love it there, it is a beautiful area and only about 3 hours from home. It is hilly there- as the old Irish used to say- rolling hills.....

I am going to step down from my DT soon, as I just feel like time is an issue with my parents and my kids pulling us in all directions. I love the team and they are very generous, just feeling like it is time. I have been on the team for just shy of 4 years. Time for a break from DT's in general. My goal is to use ALL of my stamps- 3 cards per set- many never inked up (especially SU) and once I use them will decide if I need to keep them or not.

The bathroom is almost finished, and Bob- the handyman- is almost completely out of my new stamping room- yeah! I can resume sorting and organizing- I love stamping in a room with a window!

Darlene- so sorry to her the latest on Amanda- how heartbreaking and scary too. Glad the pastor was able to come to a meeting with you and able to be supportive. Hugs and prayers will continue to be said for you and your family.

Lynn- will look up your friend and keep her in prayers as well. Hoping your back is improving too.

Jeanette- what is your favorite city in Ill? So sad to see young people with cancers and other health issues, isn't it??? Bless you for spending the afternoon driving her to her radiation tx.

Barb- boo on your laptop- I got a new Mother Board on my not so old computer- and was thrilled I did not loose an ounce of data! That is the one bad thing about digi files.....how do you store your digi's?

Kelly- nice to have a day off and send some time with your kids and cleaning out the old Cabana.... Isn't it interesting to think ahead- and imagine stamping at a different age- how different are the images you like to use know compared to even 10 yrs ago...... I know flowers will always be something I would enjoy creating with..... Will I be making cards for Grandkids- how lucky if yes!

Maggie- you do keep busy! I love having paper in the file cabinet I got for $1.00- double wide and 4 drawers- I have three full...... I did not get a SU order in yet- what did you get? I cannot decide what I need.....
I just loved watching your butterfly adventures on FB- may have to plant a milkweed plant next year....!

Maxine- we are cooling down and you are warming up- I am so not looking forward to cold and snow! But, Spring and summer- you will be out in the garden : ) How is hubby doing- keeping well? Are you doing any child babysitting?

Waving hello to all- Kristie and Kels too- hope all is well!
Shelly
Old 09-17-2015, 05:45 AM   #3817
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I had a great time in the stamp room yesterday and today I am going shopping. I am headed to the mall to return a couple of items and maybe check out some new clothes. I have a Humane Society event tonight and we are to get some heavy rains too.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 AM   #3818
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have my digi's in a couple of places--on an external hard drive that all of my back up is along with a couple flash drives that I update every month or so.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:48 AM   #3819

(It's been a busy morning, so I'm arriving rather late today).

Oh Shelly, that is just heartbreaking about Adam - the timing. I hurt for him! Yay! For the remodeling being nearly finished... and it does sound like your girls will be close enough as they enjoy the next stage of their lives. That's good!

Barb, I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the stamp room yesterday! Have fun shopping today!

Waving to everyone else, and...........

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #3820
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I wasn't able to stop in but do read some of the messages when they come over my phone (SCS noticications don't always come through - just 1/4 of them!) and prayed for Adam. That is so tragic and he must not feel as if he is too blame, though that will take time. Those poor families - bless them.

We have had relentless rain here! Today the sun is peeking out, and we pray for good weather tomorrow! We have a busy day tomorrow - dd16 has a choral event, dd18 has a scholarship banquet, and little man has a Boy Scout Regetta, all at the same time! Just luck of the draw how it's all at once, 3 kids and 2 parents - someone would have gotten left out so we had to enlist dd20 and her boyfriend to pitch in this once and cover little guy! Her boyfriend is a former BS so he was SUPER excited and they have been planning, chatting all week - of course, little man is thrilled to have a 'big brother' after all these years, LOL!

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear the news about your friend and did read the blog note - that is very heartbreaking to hear the news that there isnt' anything else they can do and waiting to be called home.

Barb, did you know that the Baristas do it on purpose? LOL! They do - they spell names wrong on purpose, just to be funny and keep it entertaining or in some cases, just to be mean! They often say they know full well you say Barb and put Bark on purpose!

Most days, I can't remember to call my kids the right name! I have been known to look at my daughter and call her by not one, but TWO of her sisters before I actually say - they think it's hilarious! I think it's scary! Tee hee! "Hey C! I mean, K! I mean V! yes, you!"

The joys of multiples

Have a good one, ladies!
*Scattering hugs!*
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #3821
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I did have fun shopping yesterday though it was a bit rushed as I had to be at a Humane Society event in the late afternoon. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain last night as a line of storms rolled through and we are to get more today--another 2 inches! I think I can see the grass growing as I look out the window............

Have a Fantastic Friday!!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #3822
Mad Swapper

Fine and sunny here before another polar blast hits - winter is not giving in easily . But, I have been outside today and partially trimmed a hedge (until my hand swore at me), and then weeded a couple of small gardens - feels good to be out there in the dirt again - lovely fat worms too, which is always a good sign

I have not been in the studio yet this weekend - hopefully tomorrow.

Kelly we have had no updates of Jordan since late July, when he was doing really well, all things considered.

Darlene I hope you have a chance for a few quiet moments over the weekend.

Barb I can sympathize over the lawns - ours are starting to grow again, so we will need them mown every fortnight again from now on - it's only been once a month for the past few months, and that only to keep them tidy from debris and leaves, rather than because they were long.

Shelly I love your long posts. I can understand you standing down from DT's when your parents are needing more of your time. Not an easy decision, but there are seasons for everything, and sometimes we need to let go of things we like/enjoy to concentrate where we are needed, hard though it may be. So sorry to hear what Adam is going through, and I have prayed for him. I also popped over to Brenda's blog and read the post More prayers....

Kelly your DD1 (and boyfriend) are so good to be taking DS to the scouting event - love to hear of families working together like that.

One of our local families got hit with the throat infection that has been doing the rounds and both the littles in that family were really unwell - DGD was off school over a week .

Kristie I hope the decks turn out how you want them to be

Maggie I hope your weekend isn't too busy - you make me feel tired you are so busy at times.

Darlene I am praying for Amanda and you.

Hugs to you all from down under
Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #3823
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hahaha yes Maxine, mine are long- I do not know how to do the quote thing, so just say hello to all in one posting....plus, I am long winded : ) I hope you stay well and do not get the throat infection and that the warm weather comes for good!

Barb- raining here as well. That is funny about seeing the grass grow : ) did you see the news story where a HS here in Elgin - maintenance crews put grass killer instead of week killer on the football field- and the grass all died??? Oops....!

Jeanette, Kelly and all- Thanks for the prayers for Adam......

Checking in- busy weekend for us- the girls are both moving. Katie is taking stuff that is here at home and moving to her apt in Chicago. She stayed there Mon thru today and it saves her 30-45 minutes each way to live closer. The area is not the greatest, but she figured it would save her $$$ She is living in a studio apt.

Stephi chose to do an AmeriCore (similar to peace corps) program for a year in Iowa- Dubuque and I love that area- it is 3 hours from here. She signed up at the last minute, and found another girl that did as well, so will have a roommate to live with. I have been working on buying kitchen gadgets, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc at Goodwill and garage sales this weekend.

AND, Chris just bought a house in Colorado- Fruita- and we plan to see him in October....cannot wait!

Kelly- the time will fly by, and when life slows down, you will miss these days.....! Especially the other parents that you meet at the events and all...... Thanks for prayers for Adam.

We went to a Cubs game today- the weather was not so great- hot and humid.... but Mother nature was good to us- dd not rain until we got back to our car. And, the Cubs won! Yeah! I am having a bad day with allergies or a virus, so tried to be a good companion to Ray, but at one point in the game, he asked me if I was bored.....yikes!

Have a great weekend! Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 09-19-2015, 04:51 AM   #3824

FYI – If anyone is interested, you can download the fall issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine FOR FREE right now!

Scrapbook & Cards Today - an internationally read papercrafting magazine

Kelly, you go go go... and like Shelly mentioned, some day you will miss these days. Try to stay safe!!!

Maxine, I admire your love for being outdoors and doing dirt work. (I don't play in dirt.)

Shelly, I remember doing the "hunt" for cheap household goods for our kiddos when they were moving out to their first homes. Fun memories! I hope you have enjoyed doing this for your girls, or was it just Stephi? I hope you feel better soon!

Barb, you've been busy... you always are. Sounds like you've been enjoying yourself. YAY!

Yesterday was fabulous! One of the best brainstorming types of meetings I've ever been to! Lots of GREAT plans worked out - and tasks for me to do! (I also learned that while my VP position ends this year - in May - there are plans to keep me involved in the work of our state organization - in an advisory role. I'm so excited.)

Oh, and did I mention that I also got to do a bit of shopping (mostly Michael's as I desperately needed more of that 110# White CS... but also Hobby Lobby and a quick run through JoAnn's.) AND I had a Starbucks treat for my 2 1/2 hour drive home. Bliss!

Today I must finish my lesson prep for teaching Bible study tomorrow (I should have finished it by now, but have chosen to do other things this week instead.) I also hope to do some work in the garage... and get inky, too. We're grilling burgers and hot dogs for supper... anyone want to come???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #3825
SCS RAK Coordinator

yes Shelly-I did see a picture of that football field. We had a remodel at the high school where I taught about 12 years ago and one of the maintenance men sprayed weed killer on a side hill that had ground cover planted--all died!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #3826
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a great weekend!
Old 09-20-2015, 12:08 AM   #3827
Mad Swapper

Congratulations

Lynn - you have won on the NBUS Challenge #5
mcschmidty, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #3828
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Yep, it's Wednesday!
(I'm sure hoping to see Smoochy today.)

Maxine, I agree... Kelly is a great writer! I think she is planning on writing a book - am I right, Kelly?

Maggie, I saw the news of that school bus accident in Houston this morning. So tragic! Praying for your state - and those impacted by the accident.

Tee Hee... I sure enjoyed all the comments about my trip - and lack of stops. You all know me so well!

*gasp! Maggie, can you believe it, the lady I took to the radiation is probably in her mid-50's and she's NEVER ever EVER been to Starbucks. I didn't introduce her to it yesterday either.

But............ yesterday went well... a drive over (1 1/2 hours) a 1 hour wait (they were behind schedule at the Cancer Facility), a 20 minute treatment (for her), and a drive home. No problems. Lots. and lots. of chatter.

And God is so good! I got a text yesterday morning from our state director, scheduling a meeting with the children team - for this Friday - in my most favorite city in Illinois! WOO HOO!!! I get to go to the city - and have Starbucks on Friday. (There's a Chipotle there, too, but I suspect we'll have lunch with the meeting, so probably won't get to have Chipotle, unless I bring one home for another day.) Oh, and did I mention I might also get to do a little shopping, depending on how long the meeting lasts.

I'll try to temper my enthusiasm/excitement.

Today I plan to work some more in the garage... and tend to some studies, too.

What's everyone else up to today?

It was a sad situation Jeanette. They did have seat belts on the bus, but no one knows if the 2 that died had been buckled up and whether it would have helped if they had been. Sad also that the lady that hit the bus causing it to go over the edge was also a school teacher.

LOL! Well, I guess I"m with the lady that you took for her treatment. I've also never been to a Starbucks since I don't drink coffee. I hope you had a good trip to Illinois and your class went well. Did you stop at Chipolte. I was talking to one of my blogger friends last night who lives up there in Illinois. Her DH travels some and one time brought her back a Whataburger. She loved it! Now she wants to come to TX to get another one! LOL!

Old 09-20-2015, 06:48 AM   #3829
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--yes, Smoochy was found this morning and he wanted to send kisses to all!

I did get quite a bit done yesterday in the stamp room and I will spend more time there today. I had hoped the message I got yesterday from the Geek Squad was that the keyboard was replaced on my laptop and it was headed back to me from the repair place. No--that was not the message! They replaced the keyboard and the shift key still did not work so now they believe it is the mother-board. And--of course that item is not in stock and needs to be ordered and will not arrive until the 22nd! That was the day it was to be back to me! So--I wait a bit--quite a bit--longer................ and use an old laptop! I did save quite a few files on a flash drive that I am using, but it seems when I am looking for something, it is not there. Oh Well--things could be much worse and I just keep going along.

I hope everyone has an outstanding day!
Oh Barb, sorry about the delay in getting your computer back, but you certainly want it to be completely fixed when it's returned to you.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 AM   #3830
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I have a favor to ask of everyone. You don't have to do this at all but I know it would be appreciated so much.
A blogging buddy of mine, Brenda, is going through a very very rough time right now and think she needs all the love and support the blogging and stamping community can give her. She's such a sweet lady with never an unkind word about anyone. We've been emailing for a little over a year now and you just couldn't ask for a better person. Her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer a couple of years ago and they've been in a fight for his life for so long. The end is near now and I know she'd appreciate your prayers.
Her blog is Friends Crafting with Friends (Friends Craftin' with Friends) and she has a very sad and moving post up today explaining what's going on. If you get a chance please read it and leave a message with prayers.
I did read these a few days ago and went to read her blog. So sad. That is such a dreadful disease and pray that they will find answers and treatments for those stricken. My good friend died over a year ago after fighting colon cancer for 3 years. They originally told her she would maybe have 2 years. She was so strong through it all.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:58 AM   #3831
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Thanks for the thought and prayers for Adam. He broke up with his GF to re-establish a relationship with his former GF- the one that had the stillborn baby......and she hung herself the next day. Her family is reassuring him it is not his fault. He lives in San Antonio and we are up here in Illinois, but do have a brother in the burbs of Dallas that went and spent time with him, and the rest of us are texting and FB messaging with him, so know he feels the love from family : )

Both of the girls are out of the house as of this Sunday...Katie is in Chicago and Stephi is doing a year for AmeriCore and will be in Dubuque Iowa (and I have a TJ/Crafty friend there : ) I think it will be awesome). Oh, Stephi will love it there, it is a beautiful area and only about 3 hours from home. It is hilly there- as the old Irish used to say- rolling hills.....

I am going to step down from my DT soon, as I just feel like time is an issue with my parents and my kids pulling us in all directions. I love the team and they are very generous, just feeling like it is time. I have been on the team for just shy of 4 years. Time for a break from DT's in general. My goal is to use ALL of my stamps- 3 cards per set- many never inked up (especially SU) and once I use them will decide if I need to keep them or not.

The bathroom is almost finished, and Bob- the handyman- is almost completely out of my new stamping room- yeah! I can resume sorting and organizing- I love stamping in a room with a window!

Darlene- so sorry to her the latest on Amanda- how heartbreaking and scary too. Glad the pastor was able to come to a meeting with you and able to be supportive. Hugs and prayers will continue to be said for you and your family.

Lynn- will look up your friend and keep her in prayers as well. Hoping your back is improving too.

Jeanette- what is your favorite city in Ill? So sad to see young people with cancers and other health issues, isn't it??? Bless you for spending the afternoon driving her to her radiation tx.

Barb- boo on your laptop- I got a new Mother Board on my not so old computer- and was thrilled I did not loose an ounce of data! That is the one bad thing about digi files.....how do you store your digi's?

Kelly- nice to have a day off and send some time with your kids and cleaning out the old Cabana.... Isn't it interesting to think ahead- and imagine stamping at a different age- how different are the images you like to use know compared to even 10 yrs ago...... I know flowers will always be something I would enjoy creating with..... Will I be making cards for Grandkids- how lucky if yes!

Maggie- you do keep busy! I love having paper in the file cabinet I got for $1.00- double wide and 4 drawers- I have three full...... I did not get a SU order in yet- what did you get? I cannot decide what I need.....
I just loved watching your butterfly adventures on FB- may have to plant a milkweed plant next year....!

Maxine- we are cooling down and you are warming up- I am so not looking forward to cold and snow! But, Spring and summer- you will be out in the garden : ) How is hubby doing- keeping well? Are you doing any child babysitting?

Waving hello to all- Kristie and Kels too- hope all is well!
Shelly
So sad for Adam and the girl's family. I hope he does not continue to blame himself. Obviously the girl had some deep-seated issues if this would cause her to take her own life. Sending up prayers for all of them.

Wow! Both girls gone. I sure hope that they enjoy their work there. I guess that will free up some time for you.

Hope that the bathroom and your stamp room are completely finished soon. It's nice to be able to get in and start organizing and putting things away. I"m with you about flower stamps. I love using flowers either in stamps or as embellishments. I didn't get a whole lot because I wanted the In Colors, so I got 4 packs of the varieties, all the ink pads and reinkers. I bought 2 punches (one of which I already had and will return), the envelope paper, 2 misters, and 1 pack of designer paper. I plan on putting in another Holiday order very soon.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:00 AM   #3832
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I have my digi's in a couple of places--on an external hard drive that all of my back up is along with a couple flash drives that I update every month or so.
I still have my digitals on my laptop, but really need to start using the other computer to download them so they are not on this one. I also have transferred some to my external hard drive along with my photos.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #3833
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

FYI If anyone is interested, you can download the fall issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine FOR FREE right now!

Scrapbook & Cards Today - an internationally read papercrafting magazine

Kelly, you go go go... and like Shelly mentioned, some day you will miss these days. Try to stay safe!!!

Maxine, I admire your love for being outdoors and doing dirt work. (I don't play in dirt.)

Shelly, I remember doing the "hunt" for cheap household goods for our kiddos when they were moving out to their first homes. Fun memories! I hope you have enjoyed doing this for your girls, or was it just Stephi? I hope you feel better soon!

Barb, you've been busy... you always are. Sounds like you've been enjoying yourself. YAY!

Yesterday was fabulous! One of the best brainstorming types of meetings I've ever been to! Lots of GREAT plans worked out - and tasks for me to do! (I also learned that while my VP position ends this year - in May - there are plans to keep me involved in the work of our state organization - in an advisory role. I'm so excited.)

Oh, and did I mention that I also got to do a bit of shopping (mostly Michael's as I desperately needed more of that 110# White CS... but also Hobby Lobby and a quick run through JoAnn's.) AND I had a Starbucks treat for my 2 1/2 hour drive home. Bliss!

Today I must finish my lesson prep for teaching Bible study tomorrow (I should have finished it by now, but have chosen to do other things this week instead.) I also hope to do some work in the garage... and get inky, too. We're grilling burgers and hot dogs for supper... anyone want to come???

I did open and look at that magazine Jeanette. I saw that they have a Call each month. Unfortunately the last cut off was 9/10. I signed up to get it by e-mail so hopefully it will come the next time before the cutoff date. To be published has always been one of my desires.

I'm sure that your state organization would not want to lose your expertise in helping them out. Glad that they are keeping you on.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #3834
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! It's been such a busy week, but won't bore you with details. Had a Family History meeting at church on Thursday to hammer out how to move forward with our classes on Sunday. It's about time I thought!

I worked out in the garage some yesterday getting it cleaned up and organizing stuff for a garage sale, some to take to the Area Ministry and some to just trash. Jeanette, do you keep any of your paper supplies in your garage? I'm afraid that the hot/cold weather will not be good for it. I have some 12 x 12 cardstock in Iris containers, but they don't always close tight. If I could find airtight containers, I'd feel better about having that out there.

I"m also shopping for a loveseat sleeper sofa to put out here in my stamp room. I have a loveseat out here already, but I would like a sleeper one, so if one of the grands wanted to come for a sleepover they would have my bedroom and I could sleep out here with the kitties. I found one online, but need to go and look at it before I buy it.

Plan to spend time later after church in my stamp room finishing up my ATC swap.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #3835
Pearl-ExPert

I can't even begin to keep up with all the chatter! LOL! I very seldom, if ever, get notifications when someone posts here so try to check on it as much as I can. Whew! Y'all are busy, busy, busy.

It really is a little sad when all the chicks leave the nest Shelly but just knowing they're doing good with their life means so much too.

All's good here. Still rocking along. My back seems to be better now - finally! Until I try to do too much which I'm always doing it seems. Jim's about the same. Frustration gets worse on some days but we're making it. I just call them Spills and Tears days.

Maxine, I wish we were headed back into spring and summer around here like you. Not looking forward to cold weather but would be nice to have it a little cooler. Still hot -and dry - around here. Oh, and thanks for letting me know that I was one of the winners on Darnell's blog. I'm hit and miss in the mornings on computer stuff. The afternoons aren't too bad since Jim usually takes a nice nap. That's when I try to catch up on most stuff or just do what I want to do.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:22 AM   #3836

Barb, my weekend WAS great - I hope yours was, too!

Maxine, you are so good at keeping us updated when someone wins. Thank you for doing that!

Oh Maggie, I didn't realize the driver of the car was a schoolteacher. How tragic for her. Loving students, investing her life in them, and then this. Tragic! Oh I wish you well in getting published! I am sure it will happen someday - because you are so creative and talented!

About my "toys"... most of them ARE in the garage. When we moved to this house, I really had no other option - other than getting rid of all of them, which wasn't an option. I do worry about them sometimes, but they seem to be fairing well. Truthfully, I don't worry about the papers at all - they should be able to handle the temperature shifts. It is the rubber and the ink that worries me. But they seem to be holding up okay.

Lynn, so good to see you when you are able to pop in! It's nice that Jim takes a nap to allow you some "me" time!

Waving to everyone else and............

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #3837
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I am heading to a stamp class this morning--we are making 12 Christmas cards--3 of 4 different designs and the theme is religious ones. I then have a few errands to run and then a meeting tonight.

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #3838
Mad Swapper

Another day's plans gone out the window - SIL called around this morning with DGS whom we have not seen for a week or more as they have had ultra sore throats in their house.

Then this afternoon we had to go and watch DGD run her first ever 'cross country' race at school as DGS had crashed again and was not fit to head outside in the cold....

DH was well enough to come and watch for a while, and saw DGD run, but this chest infection has really knocked him , so he went and sat in the car before all the races were finished, and the rain came!! The "medal ceremony" was held in the school hall because of that. then we had to take DGD home as her Dad was stuck to the couch cuddling one sick boy.

Oh the joys of grand-parenting - we have to collect the other DGS after his pre-school tomorrow as well. I am beginning to appreciate my Mother's comment to me, that should we ever go and live near them, she was not going to be a free babysitter

I got three cards made Sunday afternoon and have been posting them bit by bit.

Lynn I can understand how you are feeling - make the most of Jim's snoozes!!

Jeanette you really are a woman on the go - and obviously a fount of wisdom that your elders want to keep tapping!

Barb I hope your stamping group went well - sounds like a worthwhile class to be attending.

Maggie I love how you reply to each posting - I am too lazy and just do one long post every now and again - I do visit here a lot and keep up with the reading.

Shelly I do hope Adam is recovering from that trauma - that was a nasty event, and as Maggie said, she must have had other underlying issues . Great to have both your girls relatively close to you.

Hugs to you all {{{{}}}}}
Old 09-22-2015, 05:51 AM   #3839
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all! We never stay home long enough for me to manage to get online, or if I do, to hit all my threads! But thinking of you all, that's true ♥

Managed to get through our ridiculous weekend of events, even snuck in a sale of my craft room furniture Made a wonderful new friend! She sent me pictures of her mom's finished room. I'm struggling to craft these days - not for lack of the Cabana (yes, I miss it!) and the kiosk is just fine, just lack of mojo - being too busy - and not ever being home!

Congrats on your win, Lynn!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:59 AM   #3840

Well lookie there... Barb is having fun making cards and enjoying friends... and Maxine is oh-so-busy with the grands... and most everyone else remains pretty quiet.

I'm rushing through and not chatting much this week, because I have so much to do. I worked in the garage much of yesterday - sorting and purging and getting things ready for a Yard Sale. Much still to do, so yep............. that's where you'll find me again today.

So I'll just wave and...............

Find Me on Instagram