Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #3761
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello,
I have not heard of the Stamping Enablers on FB Lynn- so will check it out- thanks : )
I joined a couple of FB groups to destash some stamps, and have only purchased a few stamps....hehehe but I have seen how much I should sell some of the ones I have for.....

Lynn hope you are up and moving a bit better- so sorry you are having issues.
Glad to hear Jim is improving or at least, getting used to his present situation, even though he may feel frustration.

Jeanette- awww for Brock. What a trooper.

Maggie- crazy that you have to think about Christmas tickets already- but the tickets will fly out of there if you don't get them now.... Sounds like you will have a nice few days at work after a short work week last week- sweet.

OK Maxine and everyone- can't we use like a CD box and make our own Misti? I have something to try it with, we'll let you know how it works.

Off to blog hop a bit and get ready to turn in......

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #3762
Mad Swapper

Hi everyone

Shelly I have seen a CD case used as a misti, (a video somewhere) but the size of it is a bit cramped, maybe a DVD case, now that is a thought.... that could work. Postage from US to here is $12-$15 just for a small package of stamps, and by the time you add the exchange rate (our $ has slumped terribly recently) if gets really expensive...

Spring is being it's usual temperamental self here and we are swinging between glorious days and wet cold days... today is a mix of both .

Lynn you really have been in the wars - do hope you recover soon - as I say to DH, I have to look after myself to look after him, so you do likewise too.

Talking of Christmas Maggie, I have had an order for Christmas cards already!!

Jeanette your Brock sounds a real gentleman - do hope he does not panic when he thinks he is getting another flu jab!!

Barb your trip sounds awesome - enjoy every moment

Kelly sounds as though you are almost permanently tied to the car - yuk!! I hate city driving at the best of times, so all day driving would just about drive me spare - just as well there are S/B's on your routes

Kristie, and Kel waving at you both and trusting you are both doing well.

Oh, and I have joined the enablers.... not sure if that was a good move
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:23 AM   #3763
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Barb, you look so good in red... and smart, too! I'm so glad you're having fun!

Maggie, I hope all goes smoothly with getting your tickets... today, right?

Shelly, Brock takes all things medically pretty well........ except IV's. Now that was a major scene. Oh, and I saw a video somewhere where someone had "made" a thing similar to a misti. I don't remember what they used, but it was interesting.

Maxine, Yikes! It is hard on the pocketbook for you to order from the US. I'm sorry! Not to worry, I doubt Brock will panic.... and he'll take the flu shot with not much to say - but his eyes will speak volumes... 'Why am I doing this, I thought I already did.'

Anyone interested in seeing my DD's latest blog post about adventures in the bush of Alaska? It includes several pictures from the air of the scenery of her area of Alaska. If you'd like a peek, here's the link...

Great Wide 49 | living and teaching in Bush Alaska

I have a busy day today (so won't be online much) and I'll be gone all day tomorrow - leading a workshop over 2 hours from my home. And I don't do SCS on Sundays, so I'll see you again on Monday. Have a GREAT weekend!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:11 AM   #3764
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, lovelies!

I was only able to skim the thread - forgive me! My full time "job" as Taxi driver is getting the best of me! It'll be a little while longer before the car shows up as we made the decision for dd to have zero car payments (or as little as possible) so by Christmas at the VERY LATEST there better be a car in that driveway!

This weekend is a 3 day weekend so we plan to get a lot done and SLEEP, too!

Little man had a wonderful 11th birthday! Thank you for all the bday greetings! We played "hooky" from school for a few hours and went to mini golf, then his favorite restaurant We had a party at home that night with just family and he racked up on the gifts and spending money But the highlight of his celebration was getting his braces off yesterday after 3 years! Braces Free!

Lynn, I did join the group you mentioned even though I am barely on FB - not sure what it is exactly? They just show cards and what they've made? I don't put my cards on FB so I won't be able to share Glad Jim is getting better and being ornery is a good thing - that feistiness keeps us young, LOL!

No MISTI for me! It's just too costly, and after reading the thread here on SCS about the cracking and problems it's having, I'm a little afraid to spend that much! It sounds like there is something going on with it, or some ....... eek! I saw an online video with one of the 'big named' stampers who uses the Fiskars - which at Joanns or Michaels with a 50% off coupon, is not bad at all. So that's an option

I'm so far behind so let me just say YAY for Brock being a big boy, WOOHOO for Barb for living one of my dream trips, and everyone - hugs!!!!!!!!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:17 AM   #3765
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Thanks for the link to your daughter's blog Jeanette.

Waving to everyone else!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #3766

Oh my goodness... slow down Kelly!

You're welcome, Barb! (She's posted twice in two weeks, which is amazing. She hardly ever posts to her blog - though she tells me she's going to try to do better this year. We'll see how that goes.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #3767
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, your daughters blog is wonderful! Beautiful pictures!!

Kelly, the group of FB has all sorts of things - cards, videos, enabling of course, and so many good tips from the members. Sometimes you have to read all the comments to find the tips but they're there.

The Misti.....mine hasn't cracked at all but I baby it pretty much too. I never have been one to stamp anything straight so this was a lifesaver for me. I've seen several different ways you could make your own (usually on the Stamping Enablers group) and I think they'd work too. It's a little pricey - and especially for you Maxine since you live so far away - but it was worth the money for me. Right now on the Enabler FB group they're all getting something called a Scan N Cut! Now talk about pricey! WHEW!!! They're like $400 and $500! Way out of my range for sure! LOL!

The back is doing a little better - just sore now. I felt like I was having labor pains every 45 seconds with those spasms. Not good at all! Jim's the same but we just keep plugging along which is good. Hotter than blue blazes here. They kept saying we were getting our first "cold" front of the year - with temps like 89 degrees. LOL! It never has shown up though.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #3768
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello,
I have not heard of the Stamping Enablers on FB Lynn- so will check it out- thanks : )
I joined a couple of FB groups to destash some stamps, and have only purchased a few stamps....hehehe but I have seen how much I should sell some of the ones I have for.....

Lynn hope you are up and moving a bit better- so sorry you are having issues.
Glad to hear Jim is improving or at least, getting used to his present situation, even though he may feel frustration.

Jeanette- awww for Brock. What a trooper.

Maggie- crazy that you have to think about Christmas tickets already- but the tickets will fly out of there if you don't get them now.... Sounds like you will have a nice few days at work after a short work week last week- sweet.

OK Maxine and everyone- can't we use like a CD box and make our own Misti? I have something to try it with, we'll let you know how it works.

Off to blog hop a bit and get ready to turn in......

Shelly
Yes, for shows, you usually have to order them well in advance. I'm going with my DD and family to see The Christmas Story in the Theater on 12/20 and she had to order those tickets ages ago.

I was very disappointed though today. I could not get the Fan Club tickets even though I logged on exactly at 10 am. I wanted 6 and I asked for them and got a message saying that there were not enough tickets either on the lower level or the floor. I tried asking for 4 and 2 and still couldn't get any tickets. Wye finally decided to buy tickets but the seats are way at the other end of the arena from where the stage is. So it goes. Can't figure out why be a member of the TSO Fan Club if you can't get tickets when they come to town. I posted my disappointment on their FB page.

It wasn't too bad this week and then my boss left early today and I was able to get away at 4:30.

I was able to release one more Monarch butterfly last night. I'm pretty sure it will be the last of the season. I'm supposed to cut the Milkweed back in October so that they will migrate to wherever they're supposed to go and then come back in the Spring.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #3769
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi everyone

Shelly I have seen a CD case used as a misti, (a video somewhere) but the size of it is a bit cramped, maybe a DVD case, now that is a thought.... that could work. Postage from US to here is $12-$15 just for a small package of stamps, and by the time you add the exchange rate (our $ has slumped terribly recently) if gets really expensive...

Spring is being it's usual temperamental self here and we are swinging between glorious days and wet cold days... today is a mix of both .

Lynn you really have been in the wars - do hope you recover soon - as I say to DH, I have to look after myself to look after him, so you do likewise too.

Talking of Christmas Maggie, I have had an order for Christmas cards already!!

Jeanette your Brock sounds a real gentleman - do hope he does not panic when he thinks he is getting another flu jab!!

Barb your trip sounds awesome - enjoy every moment

Kelly sounds as though you are almost permanently tied to the car - yuk!! I hate city driving at the best of times, so all day driving would just about drive me spare - just as well there are S/B's on your routes

Kristie, and Kel waving at you both and trusting you are both doing well.

Oh, and I have joined the enablers.... not sure if that was a good move
The weather is about the same here Maxine, only we'r going into Fall. We've had lots of rain lately - 3 1/2 inches today alone and supposed to get down into the 60's over the weekend.

Congrats on the card order. I'd like to have people buy my cards, but I don't know when I'd be able to make them. ;
Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #3770
Quacker Stamper

Unfortunately, not so well Jeanette, but we did get some tickets, just not as inexpensive as usual or a great location. Very disappointed this year.

Your DD's blog is fabulous. Loved seeing all the photos. Beautiful there.

Hope the workshop goes well. I have a Family History Training meeting to go to tomorrow. I was supposed to go with another lady, but she took off for Florida today to be with her DD, whose DH just passed away about 8 days ago. We were supposed to go to lunch after, so I guess I'll have some time to stamp tomorrow.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Barb, you look so good in red... and smart, too! I'm so glad you're having fun!

Maggie, I hope all goes smoothly with getting your tickets... today, right?

Shelly, Brock takes all things medically pretty well........ except IV's. Now that was a major scene. Oh, and I saw a video somewhere where someone had "made" a thing similar to a misti. I don't remember what they used, but it was interesting.

Maxine, Yikes! It is hard on the pocketbook for you to order from the US. I'm sorry! Not to worry, I doubt Brock will panic.... and he'll take the flu shot with not much to say - but his eyes will speak volumes... 'Why am I doing this, I thought I already did.'

Anyone interested in seeing my DD's latest blog post about adventures in the bush of Alaska? It includes several pictures from the air of the scenery of her area of Alaska. If you'd like a peek, here's the link...

Great Wide 49 | living and teaching in Bush Alaska

I have a busy day today (so won't be online much) and I'll be gone all day tomorrow - leading a workshop over 2 hours from my home. And I don't do SCS on Sundays, so I'll see you again on Monday. Have a GREAT weekend!

Unfortunately, not so well Jeanette, but we did get some tickets, just not as inexpensive as usual or a great location. Very disappointed this year.

Your DD's blog is fabulous. Loved seeing all the photos. Beautiful there.

Hope the workshop goes well. I have a Family History Training meeting to go to tomorrow. I was supposed to go with another lady, but she took off for Florida today to be with her DD, whose DH just passed away about 8 days ago. We were supposed to go to lunch after, so I guess I'll have some time to stamp tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #3771
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning, lovelies!

I was only able to skim the thread - forgive me! My full time "job" as Taxi driver is getting the best of me! It'll be a little while longer before the car shows up as we made the decision for dd to have zero car payments (or as little as possible) so by Christmas at the VERY LATEST there better be a car in that driveway!

This weekend is a 3 day weekend so we plan to get a lot done and SLEEP, too!

Little man had a wonderful 11th birthday! Thank you for all the bday greetings! We played "hooky" from school for a few hours and went to mini golf, then his favorite restaurant We had a party at home that night with just family and he racked up on the gifts and spending money But the highlight of his celebration was getting his braces off yesterday after 3 years! Braces Free!

Lynn, I did join the group you mentioned even though I am barely on FB - not sure what it is exactly? They just show cards and what they've made? I don't put my cards on FB so I won't be able to share Glad Jim is getting better and being ornery is a good thing - that feistiness keeps us young, LOL!

No MISTI for me! It's just too costly, and after reading the thread here on SCS about the cracking and problems it's having, I'm a little afraid to spend that much! It sounds like there is something going on with it, or some ....... eek! I saw an online video with one of the 'big named' stampers who uses the Fiskars - which at Joanns or Michaels with a 50% off coupon, is not bad at all. So that's an option

I'm so far behind so let me just say YAY for Brock being a big boy, WOOHOO for Barb for living one of my dream trips, and everyone - hugs!!!!!!!!!
Lucky you to have a 3-day weekend again. Were you off last Monday for Labor Day?

Lucky BD boy getting his braces off. That seems early in years. I know my girls had them when they were teens. I'm sure he'll be happy about that.

Enjoy your long weekend. I don't have off on Monday, but both my bosses and the paralegal will be off for the Jewish holiday.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #3772
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, your daughters blog is wonderful! Beautiful pictures!!

Kelly, the group of FB has all sorts of things - cards, videos, enabling of course, and so many good tips from the members. Sometimes you have to read all the comments to find the tips but they're there.

The Misti.....mine hasn't cracked at all but I baby it pretty much too. I never have been one to stamp anything straight so this was a lifesaver for me. I've seen several different ways you could make your own (usually on the Stamping Enablers group) and I think they'd work too. It's a little pricey - and especially for you Maxine since you live so far away - but it was worth the money for me. Right now on the Enabler FB group they're all getting something called a Scan N Cut! Now talk about pricey! WHEW!!! They're like $400 and $500! Way out of my range for sure! LOL!

The back is doing a little better - just sore now. I felt like I was having labor pains every 45 seconds with those spasms. Not good at all! Jim's the same but we just keep plugging along which is good. Hotter than blue blazes here. They kept saying we were getting our first "cold" front of the year - with temps like 89 degrees. LOL! It never has shown up though.
It's supposed to get down in the 60's over night and only up in the 80's over the weekend.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #3773
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

On our way to the doggie park with the pups! Have to wait 10 minutes for dd16 to 'put on her face' They just opened a new Starbucks right around the corner, too! PSL, here I come!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #3774
Insane Embellisher

I'm here, I'm here. I, once again, have no idea where the week went! I just caught up on blogs, except for Kel's which I can't seem to access?? Anyone else have that issue?

Labor Day weekend went quickly. We had a nice picnic at my Mom's and then the rest of the weekend, I spent at home cleaning, relaxing and not much crafting sadly. I am flunking on my month of fall! Good thing it hasn't actually started yet LOL!

This has been a good weekend so far. My MIL's birthday was Wednesday. We took her out for lunch today and then to a trolley museum and ride in the next town over from us. It was pretty neat to see lots of old trolleys, including one from the World Trade Center which they acquired a few months ago. I have an album of photos on Facebook.

Lynn - I hope you are starting to feel better! I just joined the Enablers group, thanks (I think?? LOL!)

Kelly - I haven't read The Girl on the Train yet. I do have it on my Kindle though, it was a daily deal a week or two ago.

Barb - your trip sounds so awesome!! Lots of fun, memory making things you are doing.

Waving hi to Jeanette, Maxine, Kel, Shelly, Darlene and Maggie!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #3775
Insane Embellisher

This coming week I will be MIA a lot as well...

I will be home tomorrow, Monday night and Wednesday night.

Tuesday night I am going to visit a friend. We were supposed to meet up today but it didn't work out. She's going through a really rough time. Her oldest dog has congestive heart failure and doesn't have much time left

Thursday night is a class at the LSS. Leaving work early so I get to eat dinner first and make it there on time. It's with Jenn Shurkus and we are making Lawn Fawn cards. I get to pick up my pre-order then too!

Friday is our 5th anniversary. We are supposed to go to a zoo in Massachusetts, weather permitting, for the day.

Saturday I am going to an all day crop that I still need to pack for. I have the scrap bag packed still from the last two crops. Need to get some fall & Halloween packed though!

Next Sunday I think we are doing a small cake for our anniversary and having the parents/siblings over. Oh yeah!! I forgot to post before that our deck is closer to being done. We just need stairs to get up on the bottom deck and a staircase going from top to bottom. We bought the stain on Monday but weather hasn't cooperated to start that project yet. I ordered patio furniture online from Home Depot and we should be getting it in a week or so. Can't wait to have it functional!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #3776
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I am in the middle of my weekend working..... uggggg My body so aches when I sit all day..... My Fibromyalgia wants me to be more active!

I had horrid news yesterday- my nephew Adam, who has had so much tradegy, came home and found his girlfriend had hung herself- he found here there. She is 23 and has a little daughter.

Last year, he had a baby that was stillborn- that girl moved back up here to be around family, and he stayed there and met this girl. I am not sure what God has in the plans for him, but I hope he joins a support group and finds out he is not alone!

I am not in the least creative today- getting not too much accomplished.

If you are praying people, please keep him in prayers- His name is Adam and the GF Kameron.

Hugs
Shelly
Old 09-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #3777
SCS RAK Coordinator

How sad Shelly............................
Old 09-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #3778
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies! We got home from NYC yesterday afternoon and I spent the rest of the day doing wash, getting things put away and also cut the quite long grass!

We had a wonderful vacation and for sure are going back to see some of the sites we missed. We did not go to see the Statue of Liberty as Friday was 9/11 and the front desk told us much of the area would be closed and that is where we needed to get the ferry. We also did not make it to The Empire State Building--we thought we might go after seeing Les Mis Friday night as it is open until 2 am, but it was after 11 and we were pretty tired. It was about a mile walk in the opposite direction as our hotel, so it would have been a pretty late night. It would have been great to see the lights at night. We were able to see the beacon of light they shine up from the 9/11 site on the anniversary. Traffic was so bad on Friday--we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and it is 1.5 miles away--around a 30 minute walk. We took Uber back to the hotel and it took almost 45 minutes!

I am catching up on SCS on an old computer as my laptop is getting the keyboard replaced and will not be back until probably next week. We also watched the Packers win their first game! YAY!!!!!!

Have a great rest of the day Sunday!
Old 09-14-2015, 04:41 AM   #3779

It was such a GREAT weekend, that I hate to see it has ended. The workshop Saturday went VERY well (I wasn't even too nervous about being videotaped!), I got to go to a HUGE LSS on the way home, and the weather was gorgeous for the 6 hours of driving (round trip). Then yesterday my Bible Study went well, which is always a relief when that happens... and church was good. Last night we had a FANTASTIC concert at our church. Awesome weekend!!!

Welcome home, Barb! It was such fun hearing about your experiences while you were gone... but we DID miss you!

Oh Shelly, how sad. I can't imagine how your nephew is coping with all of that. I had an uncle who hung himself a few years ago and his children (adults) struggle tremendously with that. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much pain right now, too. (((Gentle Hugs)))

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear your friend needed to go to her DD's for such sad reasons. I hope you enjoyed your workshop anyway! And what bummer about the tickets, too!

Kelly, wondering... why is this a 3-day weekend? (Brock has a 3-day work week - no work on Thursday - but it's because it is our town's Fall Fun Fest and htey close down on Thursday and Friday for that).

Sheesh! Kristie, why can't you do a few more things this week???

Lynn, thank you! How are things going with you and your DH now? Is he doing okay?

Waving............. and............

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #3780
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--it is good to wake up in my own bed and start the "normal" routine--no comment Jeanette!

I am headed to the stamp room this morning to make a few DT cards and have some errands to do this afternoon.

Have a Marvelous Monday!!!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #3781
SCS RAK Coordinator

sounds like a great weekend for you Jeanette!
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 AM   #3782

tee hee! Barb is anything but normal... no matter what the routine or where she sleeps.

(Sorry, Barb... I couldn't resist - you made it too easy).

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #3783
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is called a "lob"--I did set you up Jeanette!!!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #3784

... still snickering!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #3785
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is my goal to make you smile Jeanette--plan worked!!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #3786

Yes, your plan DID work, Barb!

Now if she can just remember that she wants to make me smile when Wednesday gets here.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #3787
SCS RAK Coordinator

Wednesday?????????????
Old 09-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #3788

uh-oh! Doesn't look very promising, does it? Barb doesn't even seem to know what Wednesday is.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #3789
SCS RAK Coordinator

Is that a day of the week that has some importance to you Jeanette?
Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #3790

It is a wonderful day of the week when you cooperate, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #3791
SCS RAK Coordinator

And that is EVERY day!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #3792

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #3793
Quacker Stamper

[QUOTE=MiamiKel4;21069828]
On our way to the doggie park with the pups! Have to wait 10 minutes for dd16 to 'put on her face' They just opened a new Starbucks right around the corner, too! PSL, here I come!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #3794
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I'm here, I'm here. I, once again, have no idea where the week went! I just caught up on blogs, except for Kel's which I can't seem to access?? Anyone else have that issue?

Labor Day weekend went quickly. We had a nice picnic at my Mom's and then the rest of the weekend, I spent at home cleaning, relaxing and not much crafting sadly. I am flunking on my month of fall! Good thing it hasn't actually started yet LOL!

This has been a good weekend so far. My MIL's birthday was Wednesday. We took her out for lunch today and then to a trolley museum and ride in the next town over from us. It was pretty neat to see lots of old trolleys, including one from the World Trade Center which they acquired a few months ago. I have an album of photos on Facebook.

Lynn - I hope you are starting to feel better! I just joined the Enablers group, thanks (I think?? LOL!)

Kelly - I haven't read The Girl on the Train yet. I do have it on my Kindle though, it was a daily deal a week or two ago.

Barb - your trip sounds so awesome!! Lots of fun, memory making things you are doing.

Waving hi to Jeanette, Maxine, Kel, Shelly, Darlene and Maggie!
The Trolley Museum sounds like it would be a fun place to visit. Too bad it's not close to us. We're always looking for new things to do at Thanksgiving when all the family comes together and my cousin comes for that week.

That's when I got my copy of The Girl on the Train also. Good deal.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #3795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I am in the middle of my weekend working..... uggggg My body so aches when I sit all day..... My Fibromyalgia wants me to be more active!

I had horrid news yesterday- my nephew Adam, who has had so much tradegy, came home and found his girlfriend had hung herself- he found here there. She is 23 and has a little daughter.

Last year, he had a baby that was stillborn- that girl moved back up here to be around family, and he stayed there and met this girl. I am not sure what God has in the plans for him, but I hope he joins a support group and finds out he is not alone!

I am not in the least creative today- getting not too much accomplished.

If you are praying people, please keep him in prayers- His name is Adam and the GF Kameron.

Hugs
Shelly
So very sad Shelly. Of course I will keep them all in my prayers.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #3796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

It was such a GREAT weekend, that I hate to see it has ended. The workshop Saturday went VERY well (I wasn't even too nervous about being videotaped!), I got to go to a HUGE LSS on the way home, and the weather was gorgeous for the 6 hours of driving (round trip). Then yesterday my Bible Study went well, which is always a relief when that happens... and church was good. Last night we had a FANTASTIC concert at our church. Awesome weekend!!!

Welcome home, Barb! It was such fun hearing about your experiences while you were gone... but we DID miss you!

Oh Shelly, how sad. I can't imagine how your nephew is coping with all of that. I had an uncle who hung himself a few years ago and his children (adults) struggle tremendously with that. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much pain right now, too. (((Gentle Hugs)))

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear your friend needed to go to her DD's for such sad reasons. I hope you enjoyed your workshop anyway! And what bummer about the tickets, too!

Kelly, wondering... why is this a 3-day weekend? (Brock has a 3-day work week - no work on Thursday - but it's because it is our town's Fall Fun Fest and htey close down on Thursday and Friday for that).

Sheesh! Kristie, why can't you do a few more things this week???

Lynn, thank you! How are things going with you and your DH now? Is he doing okay?

Waving............. and............

The Family History workshop went very well. I learned some new things which will help me next month for my own classes. I do need to play a little bit with Power Point to see if I can make up my presentation that way.

I did get a new lawn guy. The one I had is MIA. He was supposed to come last week and didn't show up or call me to reschedule. Found another guy who seems to be okay. I did see his helper pull some weeds from my frong flower bed around my tree so that was a positive sign.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #3797
Quacker Stamper

I was going to go to the grocery store on Saturday after the workshop, but decided not to go and came on home. I wanted to trim back my Jasmine in the front. I should have asked the new guy to do it, but I didn't figure it would take very long which it didn't, but the sun sure was hot out there. I was going to trim the hedges a little bit too, but by the time I was done with the Jasmine, I was too hot so left that for another day. Besides some were getting little purple flowers on them and I didn't want to cut them off.

Besides church that was about all I did for the weekend. I spent most of my time punching and die cutting. I am making a binder that has punch outs of all my punches and die cuts in it so I can see what I have when I'm making a card and so I don't reorder something I already have. I really need to do that with my stamp sets too. I got an e-mail that Whiff of Joy (German company) is going out of business had has all their stuff 50% - 70% off. I bought a couple digi stamps at 50% and a couple dies at 70%. I think I also ordered 1 or 2 regular stamps. Cost less than $30. Hopefully I'll also get my SU order this week.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #3798
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Deliciously SLOW day here - yay! We need one of those since I never have one Jeanette, the public schools are closed today, colleges were open - only had to deal with dd18 *claps!* I think it's a Jewish holiday, but they close the schools for a 'teacher's work day' The kids don't mind, that's for sure!

Picked up dd and she drove us to some place called Wing Stop - a chicken wing place with 10 or so different sauces. I about passed out walking in, big men eating caveman style, ripping into those wings! I was like "Lord, let this order be TO GO", lol. She was sitting in classes all day dreaming about chicken wings

Finally made it home and we have to go over her financial aid - seems they charged her for 3 classes she didn't even sign up for, and she's not the watchful type. I'm checking it religiously and noticed a bunch of discrepancies. I have a meeting tomorrow for Bible Study and still need to get my work done, then another meeting for something at little man's school - one of those "hey, heard you don't work - you're one x, y, z committee now!" Aca-cuse me??!!!

Oh Shel, I'm so sorry for your nephew. What a horrible situation and a sad thing to come home to see. And with a little girl, bless her heart. I pray that she will always be in a loving family. My heart aches for them and pray he finds solace in the road ahead.

Maxine, I have been thinking of Justin -- do you have an update on him and how he is doing? Any updates on the person that did the atrocities?
Prayers for all of you!

Maggie, I LOVE your play by plays! I tell ya, girl, I feel like I"m in your house, in your car, in your life! You give such incredible descriptions of how you do all that you do - you are so active, and so fun!! I hope I can be a Maggie (or maybe a Barb!) when I grow up!!!!! Ya'll are just too fun and have so much going on

I thought of you the other day when my dh rescued a baby kitten after a T-storm -- it was stuck in a drain in their parking area IT was too small to be away from mommy so he thinks it got seperated in the storm and when it fell, she didn't stay around or couldn't wait any longer. He had to get down in the mud and muck and pull her out, just maybe 2 feet of a reach, but too big for mommy cat to help her They searched everywhere for her, even the next day with food, etc. No luck. One of the therapists works for a cat rescue so she took her home to bottle feed her and eventually foster her til her furever home shows up. They named her, appropriately, Storm ♥

Waving to Lynn, Jeanette, Kel, Kristie, Darlene (for whom I'm ardently praying, praying!) ...... hopefully that's everyone ♥

*Hugs!*
Old 09-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #3799
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I'm so sorry about your nephew's girlfriend. Suicide is so hard on family and friends. My heart goes out to them.

All's good around here. Plugging along one day at a time..........
Old 09-15-2015, 01:47 AM   #3800
Gabfest Goddess

Hello friends!
Only skimmed briefly here. Shelly, such a sad, sad thing for your nephew. I will add Adam to my prayers.

Lynn, here's hoping that your back gets better soon.

Everyone: wishing you all a great week.

Today DS (Tim) and I go down to the hospital and meet with Amanda's ICU team and her case worker. On Sat. two neuro surgeons met with me & reviewed her MRI's. The damage is extensive, and there are large portions of her brain that are dead.

She was off the ventilator for a couple of days, but had to be put back on it Saturday. She looked better on Sunday. I didn't go down yesterday because they were going to try to get her off the ventilator again plus decrease her pain patch (a strong narcotic) by 50%. She doesn't react well to either of those things and I've seen it before, don't really want to see it again.

Our Pastor will be at today's meeting so that will be a big help.Sometimes I'm numb (like now) and that's good. Other times I'm a mess. It's so hard to decide even the simplest things, yet if it involves Amanda & her care my mind is razor sharp. So strange.

I thank all of you for such compassion and your friendship. It's friends and family that's getting us through this.
{{hugs}}

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."