Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #3721
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Exciting, Kristie Have fun when it arrives
Thanks! It probably won't be until near the end of next week. It takes forever for them to come all the way across the country.

Glad to hear you had a good time at the craft fair!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #3722
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

TGIF everyone!!

Just got in from drop offs and getting ready to take dd20 to the allergist in a bit to figure out what's going on with her. She's allergic to penicillin and now having a reaction to anything tylenol & motrin! We need answers

LOL on the car - ditto! I cant take car rides/trips. But dd's car is in the shop, so that's an extra kid I normally don't have, and dd18 doesn't have hers yet and I'm taking her here and there (college, then back, then work, then back) when I normally wouldn't .... so 3 of us, in one car, yeah, it's awful! But it's temporary and I get to sing/put on my shows/drink lots of Starbucks and listen to my audio[books!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a knock on the door Wednesday night, too late for normal visitors and I'd just finished up washing dishes and tidying up the kitchen thinking probably a neighbor ..........
to see my BROTHER standing on the porch!!!

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He flew in from Texas to SouthCom (military) and was here until this am and decided to do a sneaky surprise! I was literally squealing and jumping up and down, so excited! We had a fabulous visit, then he came back yesterday for a long part of the day/night and we just laughed and got all caught up. The kids had a blast, we had a great time, and I was so sad when he flew out this morning. He isn't that far away anymore but this summer, we coul'dnt get out to Texas due to dd going to every single college in Florida, lol. But this summer - it's on, baby! Maybe even Christmas, but we aren't sure yet

Now THAT was a moment to remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥

Scattering hugs!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:25 AM   #3723
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Sending all of you Fantastic Friday Wishes and hoping you all have an Awesome Weekend too!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:26 AM   #3724
SCS RAK Coordinator

What a great surprise Kelly--awesome!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:59 AM   #3725
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

And for those of you in the USA, this is going to be a long weekend... I'm thinking you are more excited about that than Brock is. Sheesh! He does NOT like days off from work.

Maggie, you are my inspiration! I may just stop at chapter 1 the next time I get bogged down reading a book I'm not finding all that interesting and say to myself, "Maggie did it, so can I!) BTW, my tears are flowing at the comments you made regarding the woman who perished in the fire. So sad!

Maxine, the last I heard, Darlene's DD was making progress... VERY SLOW progress but at least it was progress.

Barb, have a safe trip - and lots of fun! We will miss you!

Kristie, YAY! for your order! I'm sure you are excited to get new toys!

Kelly, oh my goodness! What a fun surprise!!! I'm so glad your DB dropped in to visit!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your travel to Texas plans for December!

I've been trying to do some work in my Cubbyhole/garage a little each day - but it's gotten so hot again, so it's just a little bit of time. Yesterday, I pulled out my bins (2) of embossing folders and brought them in to the kitchen table and organized/labeled them... and put them in one larger container. It felt good to accomplish that.

I'm not sure what I'll tackle today - but it probably will be minimal because I want to get the rest of my lesson plans for Sunday finished today - and that will take several hours.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #3726
Mad Swapper

Not being personal, but I don't like halloween so will not be commenting on halloween posts from any blogs this year.

Hugs from a wonderful spring day
Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #3727
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, that's wonderful about the surprise visit from your brother. I can just image how excited you were - and everyone else too!!! FUN!!!!

Jeanette, I feel for you with the heat. Still hot in Texas and gonna be hotter tomorrow and the next day. I'm ready for cooler weather but we probably won't see it until October. At least you got some things organized and that's great.

Maxine, I'm with you. I actually hate Halloween and don't mind saying so at all! I've never liked it - even when the kids were small. Just don't care for that "holiday" at all. I'll have to post a few cards for it though since I always send one to the grand kids but no, I don't like it either.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #3728
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello and Happy Saturday- wee hours of the AM. I am heading to bed after I write this : )

Kelly- how fun to see your brother- so nice : ) Hoping your daughter is liking living at home and going to school close to home too. Glad no one was hurt in the storm! Is your pool usable?

Maxine- sounds like fun at the show : ) I have to say, although I respect your view- I love seeing the cute costumes kids wear for Halloween, and here it is so much about the candy...and having parties. Oh and the chocolate....

Barb- enjoy your trip- you really have wheels lately- sounds like a fab win too- enjoy the shows : )

Maggie- I used to be a huge reader, now read the computer...... I buy books and start them..... So nice that you have 4 days off! Any plans for fun- like cookouts?

Lynn- how are you doing? Is Jim behaving? Glad to see you are getting some stamping time.

Kristie- I have not ordered yet- you are so right- some really cute bundles in the SU Holiday catalog..... Do you like the new in-colors? I usually order those- have not done it yet.

Jeanette- do you keep some of your stamping supplies in the garage? How do you keep track of what is where? Are you enjoying this heat wave? I keep saying, "It is better than snow"...... LOL

Darlene- still keeping you'all in prayers!

Spent the day doing- not much : ) I was up early, caught up on e-mail and made a blog post- next thing I knew it was noon. I walked my dog- he had no interest in walking- so I just dwadled around a bit, then got to task- usually walk him a mile at lunch time. He is getting old- 14- but he still looks young. I did get an ATC made today for a swap and have other stamping to do.

Tomorrow have a B-day party for a 1 yr old- daughter of a co-worker & 200 people and 3 bands invited : ) Ray is going with Katie car shopping. She got her 1st paycheck today. She is also looking for an appt in Chicago, as it is taking her 1 1/2 hrs to get to work each way- she plans to move but is not in a huge hurry.

I hope to travel to see my sister and her family- kids in town- on Sunday, and will hang in the pool.

My son closed on his house Friday. I look forward to going to visit, maybe October, and will go there with the girls for Christmas- the first time in 4 yrs we will all be together- what a gift!

Hugs to all- have a great weekend : )

Shelly
Old 09-05-2015, 06:44 AM   #3729

Maxine, no offense taken. Each person has their own thoughts on Halloween (and other holidays, too, for that matter). I do have to say you are always so faithful in visiting the blogs and commenting........ and I thank you! You inspire me in many ways!

Lynn, I suspect you are dealing with more heat than I am, since you're much further south. I should quit my whining. Sorry!

Shelly, YAY for Katie's first paycheck (and looking at some big things)! YAY for DS's new home... and everyone being able to get together for Christmas! To answer your question... most of my "toys" are in my Cubbyhole in the garage. I have about 10 shelf units plus two 3 huge drawer units and a big desk out there - oh, and a big paper stand. And EVERY bit of it is FULL!!! Sheesh! I have way too many toys! That's why it's such a disaster, though... I take stuff in and out so much that I don't spend any time out there keeping it need and organized, which drives me crazy!

When we moved here 4 years ago... we moved to a house less than half the size of the house we were in. DH told me I could have the extra bedroom for my play room.... but I just couldn't do that. There would have been no where for him to hang out... and no place to put the extra bed (it's only a twin size) for when DD or DS was here to visit. So, the only option I have/had is the garage... which is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer to be practical.

waving to everyone else and..................

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #3730
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi fellow addicts - had a great day yesterday. Caught up with a couple of friends from my embroidery days and had a good chat. Bought a few goodies, but not much. Some basics and some pp.

Praying for Darlene and family as there is total silence, which is a bit scary. I suspect with all the driving on top of time at the hospital that she will be exhausted.

Hugs and waves from down under
So nice to get together with old friends.

I saw a quick post from Darlene on FB. Her DD is making very slow progress, so they still don't know the extent of her injuries. It is time consuming for the trip back and forth everyday.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #3731
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello Ladies! I have been busy today and I am headed to hostess club this afternoon, then dinner with my great-niece before she moves to Arizona. Tomorrow is also very busy, but I hope to check in sometime in the morning before taking my laptop to the Geek Squad to send back to the company to replace the keyboard. Not having a left shift key is quite a pain and I am not ready to buy a new one yet. It will take up to 2 weeks to get it back so I am doing this while we will be gone.

YES--we are traveling again--this time to New York City!. Some of you might remember that we won this trip during a live auction fund raiser for the Humane Society of which I am on the Board. We have tickets to see two shows and are going to the US Open on Monday. My nephew and his wife left today and will be there until Sunday night, so we will spend some time with them. His son--my great-nephew, lives there and we will spend some time with him.

We will be gone a week--Saturday to Saturday--and I will not have my laptop--only my phone or iPad to check in when I can. So--everyone have a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!!!!!!
I do remember when you won that trip. Hope you all have a great time in NYC. What shows are you seeing?
Old 09-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #3732
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Barb - I hope you all have a fabulous time in NYC!!!

Kelly - I could never spend that much time in my car. I'd go crazy lol. I hate to drive! Glad to hear that a car is on hold so that there will be less driving time in your future.

Shelly - Glad to see you popping in! I got a few of the bundles that are multi-purpose. Happy Scenes and one that has a tree embossing folder with different seasonal sentiments.

Maggie - I hope your next book club read is more entertaining. No one wants to read books that put them to sleep (well unless sleeping is the goal lol) How nice that you will be going to CA for Christmas!

Waving hi to everyone else! I hope Darlene checks in on fb or with someone here soon, continued prayers for her & her DD.
The next book is The Nightingale and it seems to have more of a story to it. I like to read stories, not books about grammar or DNA. I really did give it a try, skipping a chapter or two and reading some more, but it is the same old stuff.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #3733
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

And for those of you in the USA, this is going to be a long weekend... I'm thinking you are more excited about that than Brock is. Sheesh! He does NOT like days off from work.

Maggie, you are my inspiration! I may just stop at chapter 1 the next time I get bogged down reading a book I'm not finding all that interesting and say to myself, "Maggie did it, so can I!) BTW, my tears are flowing at the comments you made regarding the woman who perished in the fire. So sad!

Maxine, the last I heard, Darlene's DD was making progress... VERY SLOW progress but at least it was progress.

Barb, have a safe trip - and lots of fun! We will miss you!

Kristie, YAY! for your order! I'm sure you are excited to get new toys!

Kelly, oh my goodness! What a fun surprise!!! I'm so glad your DB dropped in to visit!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your travel to Texas plans for December!

I've been trying to do some work in my Cubbyhole/garage a little each day - but it's gotten so hot again, so it's just a little bit of time. Yesterday, I pulled out my bins (2) of embossing folders and brought them in to the kitchen table and organized/labeled them... and put them in one larger container. It felt good to accomplish that.

I'm not sure what I'll tackle today - but it probably will be minimal because I want to get the rest of my lesson plans for Sunday finished today - and that will take several hours.

I'm excited for the weekend, since I took Tuesday off also, so now I have 4 days off and then a 3-day week. The next week will be good too since Monday is a Jewish holiday so the boss won't be in.

Yes, Jeanette, I totally give you permission to quit reading an utterly boring book! I really tried to finish this one, but there wasn't anything entertaining about it, just tedious facts about grammar and writing.

I saw a news video about the fire and it was so sad. I can't even tell you. It was just a small log cabin in Henry County, Kentucky. They were going to raise "rare" ponies on the land.

Glad you got some work done in your stamp room. I'm planning to do some of that this weekend I hope. I'm finishing up a swap and then I'll have some time to spend in there before the next project needs to be done. I have some other things I need to work on too. I'm changing my safe deposit box over to my new bank, so I went and got all the stuff out of the old one on Friday at lunch and I'll go to the new bank on Tuesday to get it all settled in it's new home. I need to make an up to date list though of what is going in there. That may take some time. I also got my new Dell computer the other day and finally got it set up at least enough to start with. I did run into some ugly stuff today though. I tried installing my Yahoo Toolbar on it, and I don't know what happened, but it installed all kinds of other junk that I didn't want on there. I hadn't installed my antivirus yet, so I did that first and then installed the Uninstall Tool that I bought for this laptop. Then I had to go through the Control Panel and see what was installed today that I didn't want and uninstall everything. There were quite a few programs and after uninstalling, I had to restart the laptop to make it take effect. It looks all good now.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #3734
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Not being personal, but I don't like halloween so will not be commenting on halloween posts from any blogs this year.

Hugs from a wonderful spring day
It is not my favorite holiday, but I do like to see the kiddos all dressed up and I like making cards. In fact, for my monthly swap group I have October and have to figure out what I'm going to send out. I know that there are many people like you who don't like it and that's okay. We all don't need to like the same things. Hugs!
Old 09-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #3735
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, that's wonderful about the surprise visit from your brother. I can just image how excited you were - and everyone else too!!! FUN!!!!

Jeanette, I feel for you with the heat. Still hot in Texas and gonna be hotter tomorrow and the next day. I'm ready for cooler weather but we probably won't see it until October. At least you got some things organized and that's great.

Maxine, I'm with you. I actually hate Halloween and don't mind saying so at all! I've never liked it - even when the kids were small. Just don't care for that "holiday" at all. I'll have to post a few cards for it though since I always send one to the grand kids but no, I don't like it either.
Our weather has cooled off a little bit down here although it was pretty hot earlier today. Then we had a pretty good storm blow through and dumped a ton of rain on us, so that made me happy. At least it comes and goes.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #3736
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello and Happy Saturday- wee hours of the AM. I am heading to bed after I write this : )

Kelly- how fun to see your brother- so nice : ) Hoping your daughter is liking living at home and going to school close to home too. Glad no one was hurt in the storm! Is your pool usable?

Maxine- sounds like fun at the show : ) I have to say, although I respect your view- I love seeing the cute costumes kids wear for Halloween, and here it is so much about the candy...and having parties. Oh and the chocolate....

Barb- enjoy your trip- you really have wheels lately- sounds like a fab win too- enjoy the shows : )

Maggie- I used to be a huge reader, now read the computer...... I buy books and start them..... So nice that you have 4 days off! Any plans for fun- like cookouts?

Lynn- how are you doing? Is Jim behaving? Glad to see you are getting some stamping time.

Kristie- I have not ordered yet- you are so right- some really cute bundles in the SU Holiday catalog..... Do you like the new in-colors? I usually order those- have not done it yet.

Jeanette- do you keep some of your stamping supplies in the garage? How do you keep track of what is where? Are you enjoying this heat wave? I keep saying, "It is better than snow"...... LOL

Darlene- still keeping you'all in prayers!

Spent the day doing- not much : ) I was up early, caught up on e-mail and made a blog post- next thing I knew it was noon. I walked my dog- he had no interest in walking- so I just dwadled around a bit, then got to task- usually walk him a mile at lunch time. He is getting old- 14- but he still looks young. I did get an ATC made today for a swap and have other stamping to do.

Tomorrow have a B-day party for a 1 yr old- daughter of a co-worker & 200 people and 3 bands invited : ) Ray is going with Katie car shopping. She got her 1st paycheck today. She is also looking for an appt in Chicago, as it is taking her 1 1/2 hrs to get to work each way- she plans to move but is not in a huge hurry.

I hope to travel to see my sister and her family- kids in town- on Sunday, and will hang in the pool.

My son closed on his house Friday. I look forward to going to visit, maybe October, and will go there with the girls for Christmas- the first time in 4 yrs we will all be together- what a gift!

Hugs to all- have a great weekend : )

Shelly
No cookout on Monday, but I am meeting the kids at Ruggles Green for lunch, so that will be a fun thing. I had wanted to get together with them before school started, but that was the week we weren't sure if DD was going to have to drive to Dallas to get her van and then when they didn't we had a storm come through and they didn't want to make the 35-40 minute drive to where I work.

Sounds like you guys have lots of plans for the weekend and coming up with traveling.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to work a little bit out in my workshop to get it cleaned out so I can move the rest of my cutting equipment out there now that I have the extra laptop for the stamping files. I also want to clean off one of my tables so that I'll have room to put the other laptop in there for when I'm working on wanting to work on one of my coloring classes.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #3737
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, no offense taken. Each person has their own thoughts on Halloween (and other holidays, too, for that matter). I do have to say you are always so faithful in visiting the blogs and commenting........ and I thank you! You inspire me in many ways!

Lynn, I suspect you are dealing with more heat than I am, since you're much further south. I should quit my whining. Sorry!

Shelly, YAY for Katie's first paycheck (and looking at some big things)! YAY for DS's new home... and everyone being able to get together for Christmas! To answer your question... most of my "toys" are in my Cubbyhole in the garage. I have about 10 shelf units plus two 3 huge drawer units and a big desk out there - oh, and a big paper stand. And EVERY bit of it is FULL!!! Sheesh! I have way too many toys! That's why it's such a disaster, though... I take stuff in and out so much that I don't spend any time out there keeping it need and organized, which drives me crazy!

When we moved here 4 years ago... we moved to a house less than half the size of the house we were in. DH told me I could have the extra bedroom for my play room.... but I just couldn't do that. There would have been no where for him to hang out... and no place to put the extra bed (it's only a twin size) for when DD or DS was here to visit. So, the only option I have/had is the garage... which is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer to be practical.

waving to everyone else and..................

I can see that it would be too cold there to spend a lot of time especially crafting time in the garage, but I am putting my cutting machines out there, but I have a big forced air space heater that I plan to keep out there for when I need it and also a big fan for the summer. When I do go out there to cut, it won't be for long periods of time, so I think it will work okay.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #3738
Quacker Stamper

Went to get a trim this morning and she ended up cutting a little more off than I wanted, but it looks good and it will grow again to be sure!

I need to figure out how to really attract hummingbirds to my yard. I get a couple, but I don't see them very often and would love to have bunches of them come and feed.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #3739
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY for long weekends! Dh is home and I'm getting my craft on! Sitting at the kiosk and trying to get ahead for once

Thanks for the sweet words re: my brother. We are thick as thieves and after he moved to Europe, it not only broke my heart but we didn't see each other as often! Such is the military life It was FABULOUS seeing him!

Shel, that sounds like a HUGE party! What fun though, and a great way to celebrate a life that started with uncertainty. I'm imagining they feel incredibly blessed!

I don't know about ya'll and the heat but it's not letting up here! Whew! I actually did my Fall decor this morning - table runners, swags, front porch, pumpkin everything everywhere! LOL! Christmas/winter is still my fave but I do love Autumn

I'm with everyone on the H'ween thing - I'm not into the whole witches and ghosts and goblins and much prefer Autumn and Harvest I love that the schools do Harvest as well, nothing Halloweeny. But having kids, I don't mind that we have trick or treaters or that my kids like to dress up and head out - we enjoy visiting the neighborhood! Craftwise, I'll color anything! I love a good challenge and it a witch or mummy, etc lands my way, I like to create with it just to get my out of my comfort zone and try new things

Maggie, we are reading The Girl on the Train - have you read it yet? I really like it so far but confess I am behind! It's actually hard to put down but I've had no choice since I can't read and drive - LOL! It's psychologically bizarre!!
We have The Bell Jar up next (not my pick either!) but being a therapist, I am intrigued

Okay, waving to all and getting back to my moments of crafting - few and far between they have become!

*Scattering hugs!*
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 09-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #3740
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello to all : ) Hope you all had a fab day, and a freebie for tomorrow too!

We went to my sisters this afternoon- about 1 1/2 hours away- met my new Great Nephew, Aiden, just 3 mos old : ) Swam and had a fabulous dinner. It was such an awesome day!

It is supposed to rain here tomorrow, so get some time in my craft room : )

I have to work on some projects- one due tonight- will get it done in the AM....... Not one person on my team did one yet, so we are all naughty......

Blessings
Shelly
Old 09-07-2015, 05:31 AM   #3741

Maggie, I am so glad you get some extra time off this weekend and then a boss-less day soon, too. You sure sound busy on the home front, though. Yikes! Slow down and rest some, okay?

Kelly, I hope you and your family are having a great time this holiday, too... and enjoying the fall decorations even if it is still too hot.

Shelly, I can't even imagine you being naughty!?!?! Surely you jest!

Waving at everyone else and..................

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #3742
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello from NYC! It has been go-go-go since we got here around noon Saturday. We dropped off our bags and headed to Central Park. We the Met up with my nephew and his wife in the park and walked more to have a beverage at Tavern on the Green. We walked more and then headed to a "Badger" bar to watch the football game that night--they lost. . Yesterday we walked down 6th avenue through blocks and blocks of venders--food and pretty much anything to buy, down to the garden district. They headed back yo Wisconsin in the late afternoon and we went to see Kinky Boot. It was outstanding--funny, sad and a great message! Today we met my great-nephew--son of the nephew we spent the past day and a half with, and went to the U.S. Open--great venue and fun games. No set plans tomorrow--maybe sightseeing. Wednesday morning we will be at the Today Show and have tickets in the afternoon for a taping of America's Got Talent. Wednesday night we have tickets for Les Mes. We purchased a City Pass so we have 6 of the major sights to see.

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day and a great week!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #3743

Today I plan to juggle a mountain of laundry,
lesson preparations for a conference I'm leading this Saturday,
and some cardmaking, too.
What are you juggling today?

Barb! It’s so good to "see you" way off there in NYC! And what a time you're having. I sure hope you get to see the Statue of Liberty! It is the main reason why I want to go to NYC someday!

I hope you all had a great Labor Day yesterday. DH, Brock and I drove to the St. Louis suburbs yesterday to go to Eckert's apple orchard where we rode a wagon out to the trees and picked apples. We try to pick apples somewhere every year and Brock loves the outing and riding on the wagon is a big part of that. We also ate out and did a wee bit of shopping. Oh and I got a Starbucks!!! And I brought home a bowl from Chipotle for my supper tonight - as DH and Brock will be gone this evening. It was a FABULOUS day!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #3744
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

YAY for long weekends! Dh is home and I'm getting my craft on! Sitting at the kiosk and trying to get ahead for once

Thanks for the sweet words re: my brother. We are thick as thieves and after he moved to Europe, it not only broke my heart but we didn't see each other as often! Such is the military life It was FABULOUS seeing him!

Shel, that sounds like a HUGE party! What fun though, and a great way to celebrate a life that started with uncertainty. I'm imagining they feel incredibly blessed!

I don't know about ya'll and the heat but it's not letting up here! Whew! I actually did my Fall decor this morning - table runners, swags, front porch, pumpkin everything everywhere! LOL! Christmas/winter is still my fave but I do love Autumn

I'm with everyone on the H'ween thing - I'm not into the whole witches and ghosts and goblins and much prefer Autumn and Harvest I love that the schools do Harvest as well, nothing Halloweeny. But having kids, I don't mind that we have trick or treaters or that my kids like to dress up and head out - we enjoy visiting the neighborhood! Craftwise, I'll color anything! I love a good challenge and it a witch or mummy, etc lands my way, I like to create with it just to get my out of my comfort zone and try new things

Maggie, we are reading The Girl on the Train - have you read it yet? I really like it so far but confess I am behind! It's actually hard to put down but I've had no choice since I can't read and drive - LOL! It's psychologically bizarre!!
We have The Bell Jar up next (not my pick either!) but being a therapist, I am intrigued

Okay, waving to all and getting back to my moments of crafting - few and far between they have become!

*Scattering hugs!*
The Girl on the Train is on my list to read, but I haven't read it yet. Glad to hear that you like it. I started reading The Nightingale which is our next book. Can't wait to put the other one behind me. I haven't heard about The Bell Jar. I'll have to check it out.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #3745
Quacker Stamper

The weekend was pretty quiet. Trying to get some organization done in my stamp room. Monday the kids and I went to lunch. DD wanted to go to Ruggles Green. It was at an outdoor mall, so had to park in the garage. The first one I went in the spots all said Reserved which didn't make sense to me so I asked a security person and she said they were all for tenants and she told me another place to park. Turns out I was just on the first level and there are other levels. Not sure why she didn't just tell me that. Instead I went out and found another parking garage that was a little closer and parked there with no issues. We didn't spend a lot of time there. We got there at 11:30 and it wasn't too bad, but got more crowded and noisier along about noon. I think we actually had a nice time together.

So nice to get up this morning and not have to go to work and look forward to only 3 days of work this week. I needed to go to the bank and get my new safe deposit box set up. It's a little different at this bank because it's "open access" which means you can come and go when you please and don't need a bank official to open your box. I got an extra key that I'll give to DD and since it's open access I'm not going to actually put her name on the account.

After I got done that I drove down to my dry cleaners which isn't that far from my work, but I wanted to go to the Watch Repair shop next it it which opened not too long ago, but they have short hours and are only open until 3 PM. I had a few watches that needed batteries and one old wind-up watch that was broken and wanted to see if he could fix it. He' supposed to call me about that one tomorrow, but got all the batteries replaced.

There was a funeral at our church today for a young woman who was killed, not sure what exactly happened to her. I was asked to take a rotisserie chicken up to the church for the meal after the service, so I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and picked that up plus one for me and a few other things that I needed. Went and dropped off the chicken and came on home.

Oh, last night I went ahead and signed up again as a Stampin Up Demo!!!!! I think it's so funny that if they drop you, they invite you to sign up again. I was able to order a bunch of things including all the new In Colors, c/s, pads, and refills. I really need to do some work in my stamp room. I need another 2 drawer file cabinet.

Now, off to get something done in there and then off to book club tonight.

barbaralynn and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #3746
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, Lady Liberty is in the plans.

We went to the Top of the Rock today--what awesome views! We also did some shopping along 6th Avenue, as we were on our way to Macy's in Herrald Square--did not make it though as we headed back in hopes to watch the taping of an Ellen Show in NYC. Very crowded and 1 1/2 hours before there was no place to stand to watch the show from Rockefeller Center. We found out later on the news that Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Fallon were guests--explains why! Temps were 97 in Central Park and that is 2 blocks from where we are staying.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #3747
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Barb- sounds like you are having a blast, and go-go-go! How fun and that is hot!

Maggie- such a fun time only having to work three days instead of 5! Get lots done! That is so crazy about SU inviting you to come back and giving you a discount as well.

Jeanette- wow what a full day- and so nice to have an evening alone- quiet house! Delightful : ) Oh, yes, I have been known to be naughty once or twice in my life.....

Waving hello to everyone- no Sept b-days in the group.....
Shelly
Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #3748

(Sheesh! I'm tardy today - no excuse for it, either.)

Maggie, It sounds like you were VERY busy on your extra time off from work.

Barb, I'm thinking that Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Fallon were guests in hopes that they would get to see "YOU" in the crowd.

Shelly, yes, it was nice and quiet the evening alone. I enjoyed it, but also am glad the noisy ones weren't gone long. Poor Brock had to have a mole shaved off... the dermatologist said it was okay, but she didn't like its color.... so it came off. Brock was numbed for the procedure (he's a very good patient)! And afterwards got a nice little bandage, which he promptly removed as soon as he got home. LOL! So much for keeping it covered/clean. When I asked what the doctor did, he said, "She gave me a flu shot." Hmmmmmmmmm.... wonder what he'll think when it really is time to get his flu shot.

Waving to everyone else and.......

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #3749
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in..........My back cratered on Monday. Was flat on my back all day Monday and yesterday only doing what I had to do. Sorry I haven't been around to blogs and will catch up soon.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #3750
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

(Sheesh! I'm tardy today - no excuse for it, either.)

Maggie, It sounds like you were VERY busy on your extra time off from work.

Barb, I'm thinking that Hillary Clinton and Jimmy Fallon were guests in hopes that they would get to see "YOU" in the crowd.

Shelly, yes, it was nice and quiet the evening alone. I enjoyed it, but also am glad the noisy ones weren't gone long. Poor Brock had to have a mole shaved off... the dermatologist said it was okay, but she didn't like its color.... so it came off. Brock was numbed for the procedure (he's a very good patient)! And afterwards got a nice little bandage, which he promptly removed as soon as he got home. LOL! So much for keeping it covered/clean. When I asked what the doctor did, he said, "She gave me a flu shot." Hmmmmmmmmm.... wonder what he'll think when it really is time to get his flu shot.

Waving to everyone else and.......
OH my. Poor Brock. Maybe by the time he needs to get his "real" flu shot you can just say that it's for another strain.

Today went by pretty fast. Now only 2 more days. Boss has mediation in the morning so that should be a quiet day.

I have to be ready at 10 a.m. on Friday morning to get our TSO tickets for this year. Hopefully we can get our good seats that we like. I belong to the Fan Club so we get pre-sale tickets at a much redu tced cost. My sis will come with me again as well as 3 of her DGS. I just happened to think that maybe my DGD might want to come. She's at a concert tonight, so I'll text DD about it.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #3751
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Just checking in..........My back cratered on Monday. Was flat on my back all day Monday and yesterday only doing what I had to do. Sorry I haven't been around to blogs and will catch up soon.
So sorry about your back Lynn. I hope it gets better soon. Do you have some meds to take for it? How's Jim doing?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #3752
Pearl-ExPert

Made it to the doctor yesterday Maggie. Taking muscle relaxers and pain pills, and he gave me a steroid shot because I also have a slight UTI. After I left there I went to the chiropractor and he did his thing on me for about 45 minutes. I was ready to trade in my entire body the last couple of days. I really need a newer model for sure!

Jim's doing about the same but we're still plugging along. He gets super frustrated but know that's part of it.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #3753
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Made it to the doctor yesterday Maggie. Taking muscle relaxers and pain pills, and he gave me a steroid shot because I also have a slight UTI. After I left there I went to the chiropractor and he did his thing on me for about 45 minutes. I was ready to trade in my entire body the last couple of days. I really need a newer model for sure!

Jim's doing about the same but we're still plugging along. He gets super frustrated but know that's part of it.
Glad to hear that you got some medical care Lynn. You have to look out for yourself. I never heard of getting a stI teroid shot for a UTI. They are no fun. hope that helped you for that issue. LOL! I know the feeling.

As with all these issues - they take time. I told my GF at work that until I'm able to wear my flip flops again, my foot will not be better. I always lived in mine and so annoyed that I can't wear them now.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #3754
Pearl-ExPert

Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up on something. There's a group on Facebook called Stamping Enablers that's great! Lots of good info, pictures of card, tips, and of course new things coming out and sales. They have almost 4,000 members now! Even Jennifer McGuire is in it and also Gina K, etc. I noticed that Jeanette is in it too so thought I'd let everyone know so they can check it out.

I've never heard of a steroid shot for UTI's either. I think he gave it to me to ease my pain mainly but then said to just drink water and cranberry juice and between that and the steroid shot, I'd be ok. We'll see I guess. The water deal is ok but he just doesn't realize how addicted I am to caffine free Diet Coke either. I swear I was having withdrawals today! LOL.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #3755
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up on something. There's a group on Facebook called Stamping Enablers that's great! Lots of good info, pictures of card, tips, and of course new things coming out and sales. They have almost 4,000 members now! Even Jennifer McGuire is in it and also Gina K, etc. I noticed that Jeanette is in it too so thought I'd let everyone know so they can check it out.

I've never heard of a steroid shot for UTI's either. I think he gave it to me to ease my pain mainly but then said to just drink water and cranberry juice and between that and the steroid shot, I'd be ok. We'll see I guess. The water deal is ok but he just doesn't realize how addicted I am to caffine free Diet Coke either. I swear I was having withdrawals today! LOL.
I haven't heard of that group on FB. Guess I'll check it out. Just what I need is a bunch of ladies enabling me to buy something else! I did check out that Misti that I've heard so much about - I can't believe how expensive that thing is and it's just a couple of pieces of plastic!

Hopefully the cranberry juice will help. A number of years ago when I was on chemo I used to get UTI's a lot because of the weakened immune system and I think if I remember correctly, there was only one antibiotic that would clear it up and I can't remember what it was called. LOL! I hope you can get through the withdrawal period. Maybe then you can quit or cut back.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #3756
Pearl-ExPert

The Misti......I wouldn't trade anything for mine! I love it and just wish they'd had that when I first started stamping. I use it ever single time I make a card.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #3757
Mad Swapper

Still saving to get mine .........
Old 09-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #3758

Oh my Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Take care of yourself, please!!! and yes, I love the FB Stamping Enablers group. Such fun!

Maggie, so glad you've had a bit easier work week this week... and are looking forward to tomorrow, too!

Maxine, is the shipping terribly expensive to you on things like the Misti?

Waving to everyone else and............

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #3759
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from rainy NYC. We have had a great one so far. We watched the Today Show yesterday-- Rebecca was recruited to be a part of s Guinness World Record dance event on the show, along with 250 of her newest friends. We stayed for the Who Knew segment of the Hoda and Kathie Lee segment and I did make it on up answer a question right. $100 richer along with a football jersey as the trivia questions were NFL related--now that is a memory!!!!! We then went to the 9/11 memorial--that is so powerful and sad! We were to go to the Les Miserables show and arrived at 7:30 for a 8:00 show. The tickets I bought and printed in March had the wrong time as the show started at 7! After a few phone calls while standing in the lobby, they are to refund our money. We were able to buy seats at the box office for tomorrow night and will try again....... We then "had" to stop at Juniors Cheesecake restaurant on the way back through Times Square!

We will visit a couple of museums today as it is to rain hard all day. Tonight we are having dinner with my great-nephew. He works for Kohl's and they had their fashion week show last night and he works directly with Lauren Conrad's new line. So excited for him! Tomorrow is the Empire State Building and a boat trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. I hope it is a nice day for all of those!

Have a fantastic Thursday!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:59 AM   #3760
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning from rainy NYC. We have had a great one so far. We watched the Today Show yesterday-- Rebecca was recruited to be a part of s Guinness World Record dance event on the show, along with 250 of her newest friends. We stayed for the Who Knew segment of the Hoda and Kathie Lee segment and I did make it on up answer a question right. $100 richer along with a football jersey as the trivia questions were NFL related--now that is a memory!!!!! We then went to the 9/11 memorial--that is so powerful and sad! We were to go to the Les Miserables show and arrived at 7:30 for a 8:00 show. The tickets I bought and printed in March had the wrong time as the show started at 7! After a few phone calls while standing in the lobby, they are to refund our money. We were able to buy seats at the box office for tomorrow night and will try again....... We then "had" to stop at Juniors Cheesecake restaurant on the way back through Times Square!

We will visit a couple of museums today as it is to rain hard all day. Tonight we are having dinner with my great-nephew. He works for Kohl's and they had their fashion week show last night and he works directly with Lauren Conrad's new line. So excited for him! Tomorrow is the Empire State Building and a boat trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. I hope it is a nice day for all of those!

Have a fantastic Thursday!
Sounds like you are having a great time Barb. So cool about the winnings! And sorry about the theater tickets, but glad you will get to still go see it. I saw it on stage years ago and love all of Andrew Lloyd Weber's shows.

Hope you have good weather for your outings tomorrow.
barbaralynn likes this post.