Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2015, 06:27 AM   #3681
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I hope it is a good one for all of you too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:55 AM   #3682
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Yesterday was really busy here at the office. Boss had a mediation, but they were kind of needy. I'm still working on getting files organized and closed in anticipation of retirement in 2 years. It may actually take me that long!

Had dinner with the Single Chicks last night. We actually had a man join us. He and one of the other ladies are caregivers to another elderly lady who suffers with Alzheimers. She's still pretty lucid but I don't think any of know exactly how much she remembers, but she puts on a pretty good act. She doesn't always come, so it was a real treat to have her join us and we all really like Archie. We went to Red Lobster and it was so good. I brought half of it home and will enjoy that for dinner tonight.

When I got home from work last night before going out to dinner, I had my computer open and saw that my StopZilla (anti-virus) had expired. I've gotten a few e-mails about this and had e-mailed their Tech Support a couple of times because my records indicate that it should be good until October, but I never heard anything from them. I decided to shop for a different one and have heard good things about McAfee and AVG. I checked them both out and thought that McAfee would be best, so I went ahead and downloaded that. Oooops!!!!!! I forgot from all the trouble I had with Norton that I needed to uninstall the one before installing the other, so after I got home last night, I couldn't get on the Internet at all and it was doing crazy things. I finally just shut it down and went and colored an image for awhile. Got to bed about midnight. <snooze> This morning I was more clear headed and remembered what I did the last time, only I couldn't find any "uninstall" on the StopZilla website, so I did some more looking and found an uninstall tool to purchase that would uninstall it and clean off any unwanted files, so I went ahead and did that. Took me forever to get in Safe Mode so I could access the Internet. I did finally get that uninstalled and was able to restart my computer and then it was all working GREAT! Ugh! i hate coimputers.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #3683
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning between the raindrops! Lord have mercy, this rain!! We've had some whopper of days of it -- of course, while I"m driving to and fro which scares the wits out of me!

Kids have me going 100 mph all day - drop offs, home for a few, then out to start pick ups, plus dd to college and back, then to work and back. I'm doing all my "summer reading" now She won't take the Jeep because it's a standard and I need the SUV so we are sharing for now and adding more stop and drops to the already busy commute!

Maxine, praying all went well at your appointment!

Lynn and Maggie - have you seen the new AI Texas stamps?? SOO funny!! (here is a peek if you haven't! Love them!
http://www.artimpressions.com/ListPr...=Texas+ZooCrew)

Well ladies - we are gearing up for Tropical Storm Erika - I'm hoping she'll stay just that way, too! We don't want/need a Hurricane! It looks like they are closing schools on Monday and we will spend the weekend trying to "Batten down the hatches" - putting away all the pool things and lawn furniture, bring the plants in, dd's bunny rabbit ♥ Much of the stores have been stripped of water and canned goods and the gas stations are all out of regular gases, just premium is left. I think we are as ready as we are going to be (though some of Barb's Salmon would be super nice!!!!)

Ya'll stay safe and I'll pop back in sometime soon!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #3684
Mad Swapper

Hi all. The post op went well..
. if you don't mind an hour twenty of driving for a fifteen minute consultation... We are looking at seeing if the nerve in the left elbow can be funded for release.
You stay safe there Kelly - waiting on a storm like that must be nerve wracking.... .

Had a quick look at the stamps - they are a hoot .

Praying all goes well for you Jeanette.
Still praying for Darlene and Amanda - anybody heard an update recently?

Wet weekend here so hopefully some good stamping time . Waving to you all and sending hugs
Old 08-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #3685
Pearl-ExPert

For some reason I got logged out of SCS. Weird!

Kelly, please be safe. I saw some pictures on the internet of the stores with nothing much in them. Just keep hoping it'll go east of y'all and the worst of it miss you. Know those are frightening. At least you'll have a free day of no running around in the rain hopefully.

Maxine, glad the consultation went good today.

Don't know about Maggie, but yes Kelly I saw the new AI stamps! I want those SO bad but mercy, that's expensive for just one stamp like that. I know I'll end up doing it but not for a month or so. Maybe that can be my Christmas gift to myself.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #3686
Mad Swapper

I found myself logged out too........ weird
I just did an estimate of the cost of those stamps, including postage, they would cost me about $NZ 60.00 - a bit more than my pocket money would stretch!! Pity
Old 08-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #3687
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine and Lynn, I'm glad you didn't stay logged out.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-31-2015, 07:41 AM   #3688
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday and the last day of August........... Does that mean summer is over tomorrow? For most people, yes! School starts in Wisconsin and of course, the temps are to be in the high 80's and even 90 this week!

I have a couple of errands to run today, after I finish cutting the grass as it started to rain on Friday when the front was cut. We did get much needed rain that night as well as on and off all day Saturday.

Stamping Time this Afternoon--YAY!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #3689
Mad Swapper

Overcast and wet here today.....and will be for most of the week. That means ink and stamping time .
Had a weekend full of family... Visit from DS and family Saturday afternoon, dinner with the others that evening. Sunday DS put on a surprise party for DIL as it is her birthday this week.... Pot luck style and I had made coleslaw and cooked a chicken.

Hope your weekend went well Jeanette, and that you get your lawns finished Barb.

Any news of Darlene?

Waving to you all
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #3690
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
For some reason I got logged out of SCS. Weird!

Kelly, please be safe. I saw some pictures on the internet of the stores with nothing much in them. Just keep hoping it'll go east of y'all and the worst of it miss you. Know those are frightening. At least you'll have a free day of no running around in the rain hopefully.

Maxine, glad the consultation went good today.

Don't know about Maggie, but yes Kelly I saw the new AI stamps! I want those SO bad but mercy, that's expensive for just one stamp like that. I know I'll end up doing it but not for a month or so. Maybe that can be my Christmas gift to myself.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
I agree about the stamps, cute, but expensive also and not sure I would spend the $$ on them. I like to make sure I'll get lots of use out of what I pay for.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #3691
Quacker Stamper

What a hectic weekend! I managed to leave work early on Friday and go run my errands and grocery store on the way home so I wouldn't have to go out on Saturday. Instead I spent all day Saturday cleaning up my house, but now it really looks pretty good. I did miss one or two things and didn't do the windows, but I did clean the inside of the back doors. I don't know how they get so grimy. And there are 3 sharp corners of walls into the hallway where the kitties like to rub against and they get all gungy looking too so I scrubbed them clean too. I moved furniture and got all the floors and dusting of book shelves done. Took me longer than the 4 hours the housekeeper would spend, but it's a lot cleaner than she would have done it too.

Kids came for dinner without SIL. He had a wedding to attend and DD didn't know the people, so she opted not to go. It's a good thing. She was exhausted from having to get up early to drive up to Dallas to pick up her van that had brake problems with DGD drove it up there to visit a friend last weekend. She doesn't do well sitting for that long and was wiped out when she got to my house about 6 PM. They had dininer and we had dessert and they left about 8. I was tired too from all the cleaning. Dinner turned out pretty well. I made what they called Eggplant Parmesan, but I would have called it an Eggplant Lasagna since you layer eggplant, sauce, and cheese in layers. The kids seemed to like it and DD took leftovers home. I made a spinach salad with cranberries, and the dressing was good, but there was just too much of it and once you put it on there, it doesn't stay fresh, so I had to toss that. I also made a flourless chocolate cake using black beans which turned out pretty well and with ice cream on top with whipped cream, it was delish!

Yesterday we had early church and then I was able to finish up my card for The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge. That's a lot of fun if you don't take part in it now and you get free digital images! Then last night was our Writer's Group meeting at 7 and I was there until 9:45 and I was the first one to leave. Of course I was the only one that had to be up early to go to work. I did get my card on my blog when I got home since today was the last day to get it on there.

Now a long open week. Boss had an arbitration scheduled for Wed - Friday and they canceled that over the weekend so now there are 3 empty days this week, but looking forward to a short week next week with the holiday. yeak! Trying to decide if I want to take an extra day off.

I also heard from my DD finally about Christmas so I need to keep 3 or 4 days vacation left for that and make my airline reservation.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #3692
Quacker Stamper

We had a tragic thing happen with our law firm. One of the shareholders has a vacation ranch up outside of Louisville Kentucky and was up there over the weekend. Found out on Saturday that she was killed when the house caught fire. They think that it was a stray ember from a grilling fire that somehow she missed when cleaning up and it ignited something outside that caught the house on fire and she did not know it until it was too late. They say they found her with her dogs in her arms by the front door.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:56 PM   #3693
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie that is terrible
Old 08-31-2015, 04:33 PM   #3694
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Hi Stamp Addicts! It's been a busy week both at work and at home. Last night I went to a "planning" meeting to about a Family History Conference that my church is putting on in October. It's actually with 2 Stakes (10 Wards in each). If you're not familiar with the way my church is set up, our congregation is called a Ward and a Stake is composed of about 10 Wards. Out of all that, there were about 10-12 people at the meeting last night. The other Stake put one of these on last year and wanted our Stake to be a part of it this year. They were happy that I was there when I told them that I taught classes every week at church on Family HIstory. So now I'm going to be one of the presenters teaching Introduction to Family Search. I'm kind of nervous, but it is something that I deal with all the time.

Hoping to get a little stamping time in tonight. Tomorrow night is Single Chicks dinner. Friday night I've got to work on the house some and figure out what to make for dinner for the kids on Saturday.
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, Maggie. I am sure you will do well!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #3695
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! I am off to Chicago this morning to pick up some fish! My roomie's niece from Alaska shipped 55 pounds of Copper River Red salmon to us via Alaska Air freight and I am picking up by O'Hare airport at 10:30 this morning. YAY--we only have 2 small filets left from the box we ordered last summer so we are excited to fill up the freezer. Then, this afternoon, I am headed to a holiday mini open house at Sarah's--cannot wait to see all of the new items she has been getting--and to see some new projects.

Have a Fantastic Thursday!!!!
Oh wow!! That's a lot of salmon!

I hope you enjoyed the holiday open house. I've got my list ready to place an order tomorrow for fall/halloween stuff. Will wait until next October for Christmas. There are several pricey bundles I want.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #3696
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I found myself logged out too........ weird
I just did an estimate of the cost of those stamps, including postage, they would cost me about $NZ 60.00 - a bit more than my pocket money would stretch!! Pity
I ended up getting logged out too! Very strange!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #3697
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hi all. The post op went well..
. if you don't mind an hour twenty of driving for a fifteen minute consultation... We are looking at seeing if the nerve in the left elbow can be funded for release.
You stay safe there Kelly - waiting on a storm like that must be nerve wracking.... .

Had a quick look at the stamps - they are a hoot .

Praying all goes well for you Jeanette.
Still praying for Darlene and Amanda - anybody heard an update recently?

Wet weekend here so hopefully some good stamping time . Waving to you all and sending hugs
Glad your post op appointment went well.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #3698
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Overcast and wet here today.....and will be for most of the week. That means ink and stamping time .

Waving to you all
Yay for ink and stamping time! I hope you get lots done
Old 08-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #3699
Insane Embellisher

Maggie, that is awful about the shareholder

Sounds like you had a good weekend and have a clean house to boot! I did some cleaning too. Trying to keep up with it instead of letting it get out of hand like I did earlier in the summer. The cake sounds interesting with the black beans. Do you taste them at all?

I vote for taking an extra day off if you have days to spare!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #3700
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Oh wow!! That's a lot of salmon!

I hope you enjoyed the holiday open house. I've got my list ready to place an order tomorrow for fall/halloween stuff. Will wait until next October for Christmas. There are several pricey bundles I want.
I need to get busy and join up again so I can place an order for October.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:24 PM   #3701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Maggie, that is awful about the shareholder

Sounds like you had a good weekend and have a clean house to boot! I did some cleaning too. Trying to keep up with it instead of letting it get out of hand like I did earlier in the summer. The cake sounds interesting with the black beans. Do you taste them at all?

I vote for taking an extra day off if you have days to spare!
Very tragic, yes.

I also need to keep up with the cleaning more myself and it wouldn't take me so long to do it like it did on Saturday.

No, you really don't taste the beans at all. It has black beans, applesauce, pumpkin, and some sugar and a few other things. It's just one layer.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm taking an extra day off. Then I won't take any more vacation until Christmas. Just made my plane reservations to go to CA. I'll be gone the week of Christmas (3 days) and then take the Monday after off too when I get back.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #3702

I hope your day is going well!

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear of the tragedy with the shareholder. So sad!

Kristie, good to see you!

Maxine, YAY for inky weather.

Barb, I hope you had fun yesterday afternoon.

Waving to everyone else.

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #3703
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--wishing you a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #3704

Hi Barb! (ummmm... no school for you, cuz you are "older than dirt!")

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #3705
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Waving hello! Ahhh finally a day off! I worked this weekend, and had a bust evening schedule as well. Home today and catching up. With 4 people living here, the need for cleaning multiplies substantially! I need to clean today. Got 1/2 of the kitchen counters cleaned up, then found self on the computer......

Bathrooms are at a standstill- granite countertops installed yesterday, and our carpenter took today off for an eye appt. Tomorrow, hoping for running water in both of them! Yeah : )

Maggie- that is really tragic! How sad that she made it all of the way to the inside of the door. I am not sure I could get thru my house in 6 hours- that is how long my cleaning ladies are here for. And, I am not sure I could do a much better job either.

Kelly- updates on the storm?

Any updates on Darlene?

Maxine- glad your wrist is better. Hope you are enjoying time with the Grandkids and kids family closer : )

Barb- it has to feel SOOOO nice to see the kids heading back and you do not have to go : ) You earned it though....

Jeanette- hoping your workshop went well. Did the guys go back for the 2nd day?

Kristie- I saw those bundles too- there are a couple I would like, but I like to wait until I start seeing samples- sometimes I order one I cannot live without, and then do not love the samples...... I need no new Christmas Stamps......! I am working on using unused stamps that I ordered in the past.

Waving hello to everyone else

Shelly
Old 09-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #3706
Quacker Stamper

A bit quiet here at the office today. I was trying to read a book at lunchtime and was just about falling asleep. It is very boring so far. I don't know if I'll finish it by next Tuesday if I can't stay awake to read it.

I have another Family History meeting tonight. Would love to just stay home, but since I'm taking another lady with me and since I'm one of the instructors, I guess I need to be there to see what is going on now.

I know you'll be happy when those bathrooms are completely finished Shelly. Not sure how large your house is, but I have a ranch (single floor) and 2 of the rooms do not get cleaned (my storage room and my craft room). LOL! The 2 rooms that need it the most! I did miss a couple things, like the commode in the large bathroom that I never use and it was a little grungy. Surprised my dd didn't mention that when they were over. Maybe I need to hire your cleaning lady. How many do you have come? The time that I had 3 of them here, it was a mad house and I didn't like the way they cleaned - using a damp rag mop on my wood floors!!!!!!!! Yikes!

Haven't seen (FB) or heard anything from Darlene. Hope everything is going well.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #3707
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello hello! Look at the time I'm catching up - 10 pm! Crazy days these are! I miss summer - LOL! I leave to take V to school at 6:15, then come back for ds at 7, leave by 7:30, come back and get C to college, come back home for an hour and get things done here for a bit unless I have errands, then head back out to take K to work, then get V from school, then ds, then pick up C from college and/or take her to work if she's scheduled, then drop V and ds home, then go back to pick up dd from work - every day! It's INSANE!!!!! This kid needs a car!!! Dh has it 'on hold' so they can buy it outright next month so I just have to tough it out. Thank goodness I have a great time in my car - lol. I go through the S'Bux drive through, giving them their monthly rental mortgage payment for the month, LOL, and make the best of it. And the kicker - I hate the car!! I love to travel - love being on trips and adventures but YUCK - Miami traffic, bumper to bumper and construction everywhere on every road with rude drivers, from sun up to sun down, it's ridiculous. Lord, give me the serenity ..........

Maggie, goodness that is tragic! Poor lady - can you imagine the fear, but ultimate love, to huddle together with the dogs. So very sad.

Lynn/Maggie - no kidding on the stamps. I just sold all of mine this summer for my daughter's dog donation - certainly not adding back on to my collection unless I know the stamp is (on clearance for a superb price, lol or going to be used again and again). I actually sold most of my SU stamp sets that I was hanging on to for a 'use an old stamp/rainy day/use what ya got' and yet it still didn't happen so I made a deal with myself - use it or lose it. So it went. The proceeds went to an amazing cause of the 4 legged kind ♥

Having said that, holy hanna - I spied the SU! Holiday mini tonight! I want!!!! LIke every other page!! I am IN LOVE with those Sleigh Ride thinlets and the matching stamps ..... oh be still my heart. Yumminess!

Maxine, glad to hear you are healing up - hopefully you can get back to your gardening if the ground allows it! Then again, are ya'll Spring time now?

Erika came and went or never showed up - I can't be sure! We did have a whopper of a storm Saturday night, howling winds and torrential rain. We had a few power lines out on our street (we have under ground wire so we rarely lose power while across the street (literally 25 feet) is above ground and it's always dark even in the smallest of storms) Whatever that storm or front it was, it took off the top of 2 of our palms, trees were all over the roads Sunday morning, and debris from our neighbors landed in our pool causing major damage - can't imagine how fast or far that 2 x 4 flew but glad we werent' outside!

Shel , are you all healed up now - your back? was your back thrown out or am i imagining that I'm sorry your house is taking longer than expected - but in the end, it will be beautiful!!!

Praying for Darlene as well and amazed at her strength - her daughter is a fighter like her momma, and we sent up our continued thoughts and well wishes!

Jim - how's he doing? And Maxine - your dh?

Waving to Jeanette, very young BARB *g*, Maxine, Kel .... and scattering hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 09-02-2015, 05:31 AM   #3708

Shelly, so good to see you! Yes, the workshop was good. This week is a bit less busy - a few meetings, but nothing major. Next week I lead a new-to-me type of workshop so lots of prep going into that one.

Maggie, I'm sorry the book is putting you to sleep at lunch. I hate it when I have a boring book.... but the OCD in me insists I finish it if I started it, which is crazy, since who really cares if I finish it or not, right?

Kelly, I giggled when you said you hate the car. You sure spend a lot of time in it. YIKES!

Waving at everyone else!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #3709
SCS RAK Coordinator

Late check in today as I was out looking for this guy!

Old 09-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #3710

Woo Hoo! It's Barb and SMOOCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #3711
Mad Swapper

Good to catch up with you lot, I enjoyed the chat .
Shelly you are one busy bunny.... How do you find the time to stamp?
That goes for you too Kelly. I think I would do stark raving mad if I was doing that much driving in a day.

Good to hear your workshops ent well Jeanette

Thanks for Smoochy Barb .

Gotta run, off to Hamilton again today with my SIL to the annual craft fair that I wasn't going to this year as I went to the big stamping one a few weeks ago. I am mainly going for the day out as I have not recovered financially from the last trip
Old 09-03-2015, 04:48 AM   #3712

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addics!

Maxine, I hope you enjoyed the craft event!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #3713
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addics!

Maxine, I hope you enjoyed the craft event!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment
Wish this is what I was doing. Only 1 more day though and then 4 days off!!!! Can't wait, but it is going to be busy.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #3714
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Shelly, so good to see you! Yes, the workshop was good. This week is a bit less busy - a few meetings, but nothing major. Next week I lead a new-to-me type of workshop so lots of prep going into that one.

Maggie, I'm sorry the book is putting you to sleep at lunch. I hate it when I have a boring book.... but the OCD in me insists I finish it if I started it, which is crazy, since who really cares if I finish it or not, right?

Kelly, I giggled when you said you hate the car. You sure spend a lot of time in it. YIKES!

Waving at everyone else!!!
I'm okay with most books, but those that read like a textbook really are snoozers. There is supposed to be some humor in this one, but I've yet to find it. It's called, "Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen." by Mary Norris who is an editor. I think she's still at The New Yorker. I'm trying to read it, but I may not. Last month we read another one like a textbook, that I only got through Chapter 1. Someday maybe I'll go back and finish it.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #3715
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hello hello! Look at the time I'm catching up - 10 pm! Crazy days these are! I miss summer - LOL! I leave to take V to school at 6:15, then come back for ds at 7, leave by 7:30, come back and get C to college, come back home for an hour and get things done here for a bit unless I have errands, then head back out to take K to work, then get V from school, then ds, then pick up C from college and/or take her to work if she's scheduled, then drop V and ds home, then go back to pick up dd from work - every day! It's INSANE!!!!! This kid needs a car!!! Dh has it 'on hold' so they can buy it outright next month so I just have to tough it out. Thank goodness I have a great time in my car - lol. I go through the S'Bux drive through, giving them their monthly rental mortgage payment for the month, LOL, and make the best of it. And the kicker - I hate the car!! I love to travel - love being on trips and adventures but YUCK - Miami traffic, bumper to bumper and construction everywhere on every road with rude drivers, from sun up to sun down, it's ridiculous. Lord, give me the serenity ..........

Maggie, goodness that is tragic! Poor lady - can you imagine the fear, but ultimate love, to huddle together with the dogs. So very sad.

Lynn/Maggie - no kidding on the stamps. I just sold all of mine this summer for my daughter's dog donation - certainly not adding back on to my collection unless I know the stamp is (on clearance for a superb price, lol or going to be used again and again). I actually sold most of my SU stamp sets that I was hanging on to for a 'use an old stamp/rainy day/use what ya got' and yet it still didn't happen so I made a deal with myself - use it or lose it. So it went. The proceeds went to an amazing cause of the 4 legged kind ♥

Having said that, holy hanna - I spied the SU! Holiday mini tonight! I want!!!! LIke every other page!! I am IN LOVE with those Sleigh Ride thinlets and the matching stamps ..... oh be still my heart. Yumminess!

Maxine, glad to hear you are healing up - hopefully you can get back to your gardening if the ground allows it! Then again, are ya'll Spring time now?

Erika came and went or never showed up - I can't be sure! We did have a whopper of a storm Saturday night, howling winds and torrential rain. We had a few power lines out on our street (we have under ground wire so we rarely lose power while across the street (literally 25 feet) is above ground and it's always dark even in the smallest of storms) Whatever that storm or front it was, it took off the top of 2 of our palms, trees were all over the roads Sunday morning, and debris from our neighbors landed in our pool causing major damage - can't imagine how fast or far that 2 x 4 flew but glad we werent' outside!

Shel , are you all healed up now - your back? was your back thrown out or am i imagining that I'm sorry your house is taking longer than expected - but in the end, it will be beautiful!!!

Praying for Darlene as well and amazed at her strength - her daughter is a fighter like her momma, and we sent up our continued thoughts and well wishes!

Jim - how's he doing? And Maxine - your dh?

Waving to Jeanette, very young BARB *g*, Maxine, Kel .... and scattering hugs!
I don't know how you keep up Kelly. I seriously think that someone else needs a car in that family that can also take on some of the dropping off and picking up!

Thanks Kelly. I don't even want to think about how she felt when she realized that the house was on fire and that she wasn't going to make it out. It is one of my fears also for myself since I'm alone in my house. The good part was that she had called her S.O. before retiring for the night and they each expressed their love for the other.

Glad that you didn't have much of a storm from Erika. We've been getting a little bit of rain every day, but it doesn't always hit my house.

I"m concerned about Darlene's DD. I haven't seen any posts on FB in a few days and haven't seen anything on SCS either. I hope that she's improving.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #3716
Mad Swapper

Hi fellow addicts - had a great day yesterday. Caught up with a couple of friends from my embroidery days and had a good chat. Bought a few goodies, but not much. Some basics and some pp.

Praying for Darlene and family as there is total silence, which is a bit scary. I suspect with all the driving on top of time at the hospital that she will be exhausted.

Hugs and waves from down under
Old 09-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #3717
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies! I have been busy today and I am headed to hostess club this afternoon, then dinner with my great-niece before she moves to Arizona. Tomorrow is also very busy, but I hope to check in sometime in the morning before taking my laptop to the Geek Squad to send back to the company to replace the keyboard. Not having a left shift key is quite a pain and I am not ready to buy a new one yet. It will take up to 2 weeks to get it back so I am doing this while we will be gone.

YES--we are traveling again--this time to New York City!. Some of you might remember that we won this trip during a live auction fund raiser for the Humane Society of which I am on the Board. We have tickets to see two shows and are going to the US Open on Monday. My nephew and his wife left today and will be there until Sunday night, so we will spend some time with them. His son--my great-nephew, lives there and we will spend some time with him.

We will be gone a week--Saturday to Saturday--and I will not have my laptop--only my phone or iPad to check in when I can. So--everyone have a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!!!!!!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #3718
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I need to get busy and join up again so I can place an order for October.
I placed an order through my demo's site on Tuesday and it shipped today. I can't wait to get it. Everything was in stock which is a miracle. First time in I don't know how long I don't have to wait for a backorder.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #3719
Mad Swapper

Exciting, Kristie Have fun when it arrives
Old 09-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #3720
Insane Embellisher

Barb - I hope you all have a fabulous time in NYC!!!

Kelly - I could never spend that much time in my car. I'd go crazy lol. I hate to drive! Glad to hear that a car is on hold so that there will be less driving time in your future.

Shelly - Glad to see you popping in! I got a few of the bundles that are multi-purpose. Happy Scenes and one that has a tree embossing folder with different seasonal sentiments.

Maggie - I hope your next book club read is more entertaining. No one wants to read books that put them to sleep (well unless sleeping is the goal lol) How nice that you will be going to CA for Christmas!

Waving hi to everyone else! I hope Darlene checks in on fb or with someone here soon, continued prayers for her & her DD.