Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #3561
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello ladies! Happy Sunday. We did not go up north yesterday--it was nice to be home without anything planned! I did go to the Apple Stire Friday and got a few tips on saving my battery.

I hope you are all having a nice weekend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #3562
Mad Swapper

Hi Lynn so good to see you and Jim are home. I am not surprised that you are tired - something as major as you have been through is not only physically exhausting, but also emotionally draining too. Take care and look after yourselves first and foremost. Hugs and prayers heading your way.

We had a huge family day yesterday... All on church together, then had lunch with one family, and the others visited later in the afternoon... No studio time for me, but I did get some time out there on Friday so I am not worried.

Waving to you all from a frosty Monday morning
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:06 AM   #3563
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yes, it's true... it IS Monday - again. *sigh

Lynn, I am so glad you and Jim are both home again! I totally understand that you would be exhausted. Please take care of yourself!!!

Kristie, you messy woman. Isn't it funny how things always get messier before they get better?

Barb, I'm glad you enjoyed the day at home!

Maxine, how fun! I hope you aren't too tired after your big day.

My Sundays are usually VERY hectic... but we didn't have youth group last night (so I didn't have to cook for them)... so I spent some time yesterday making the rounds to your blogs. It had been way too long since I'd done that (I'm sorry!)... and WOW! You ladies sure inspire me!!!

My DH is gone already this morning - for a meeting - and won't be home until tomorrow evening. Amongst other things on my To Do List, I intend to make some cards. I do need to do other things too, though... since this is a short week. I'm gone Friday and Saturday for a meeting. And next week I'm leading a conference so I need to be working on that, too.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #3564
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope the start to your new week is wonderful!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #3565
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ya'll! We are home and I would love to request a vacation from vacation! I was so lethargic and worn out. Disney was AMAZING! My son and I got there when the park opened at 8:30 (early hours for resorts) and stayed until 11:30 though the park was open until 1 am! That's crazy! It was HOT, HOT, HOT! Long lines as well - we had a few fast passes, but we were not used to the crowds since we avoid the summer for a reason, lol. We rode everything and then some. The resort was beyond gorgeous - we swam like fish for days on end, went down the slides, lazy river, played a round of (big people!) golf, just stayed lazy for days I missed my girls but they were busy and enjoying themselves here under the direction of a very watchful biggest sister!

DD18 is out car shopping with the dh ~ she didn't want to drive much until the word new car popped up. She's incredibly busy and honestly, I can't keep up with her! She decided to walk into job interview on a whim and got hired on the spot - in addition to her singing at weddings, plus going to school full time in the Fall with 15 semester credits (of which I think she's crazy!!) She just got a call while we were gone for a commercial voice over - big stuff! She met w/ the studio manager and project manager and they loved her, hired her that day (on the spot!) and she did a days work with a big orchestra. She's going to be the voice of a cartoon character in the future - and that's about all I know! We have to sit down and go over 'deets' but super exciting stuff.

Lynn, good to hear from you. I know how stressful that is and I also know that you have a great support system - when you feel like you can't, don't. Take breaks for YOU as well. I'm glad to hear Jim is home, that in itself helps the healing process!

YAY for dd going back to Alaska - where she will feel so much at home, Jeanette!

Shel, congrats to Katie!! I'm sure with all her experience and all that she will bring to the table, they will just enjoy her immensely. There are a lot of charter schools popping up here, too. Will she live at home then with you guys? I'm sure you would love that - especially with your newly remodeled bathrooms and such

Maggie, I hope all the kitties are better by now. Going back a few questions ago, yes the Cabana is now a fully functioning gorgeous new bedroom for dd18. She moved out, to move back in - lol! So her sister that shares a room wasn't as thrilled as we were ~ so I moved all the furniture, boxed it all up, shelves down, etc and it's now the 2nd biggest room in the house. We have a 4 bedroom home - bought when we had no kids, never dreaming we'd actually fill up all the rooms - LOL! 20 years later, someone had to share .... until now. But, as dd16 says, our oldest will be married in a couple of years and moving out so I guess I'll wait until then to get a Cabana back again!

Waving to Barb, Max, Kel, Kristie .......... eek, I'm sure I'm missing a lot so I'll have to go back up and read. Hugs!!!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #3566
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a few photo sneaks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3 (11)vacy2.jpg (64.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1 (19).jpg (64.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2 (18).jpg (58.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3 (10)vac4.jpg (79.3 KB, 6 views)
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #3567
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say hello! I have good news- Katie was offered a job today- a brand new Charter school. Yippee- looks like it is beautiful and everything is top notch too. She is very excited!

I am headed to my folks tomorrow AM and will be back Monday night. I will do my best to get to blogs. Stampfest is in Cinci, but I am not sure if I will go or not- I will buy things I do not need.......

Maggie- love the pics of the butterfly- I did not know monarch butterflies were endangered. Fun you got to go out for lunch on your boss too.

Lynn- I will keep you and Jim in prayers too- I would go so stir crazy if I had to stay in the hospital or in a rehab as well.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Fabulous news about Katie's job. So is that close to you and she'll be still at home?

Enjoy time at your parents. Saw that about StampFest. Hoping that it goes well and that they will have it again next year. I know some other blogging friends that went to the last Archiver's StampFest want to get together and go again, so hoping that it will turn out to be a yearly thing.

I had the other 2 butterflies hatch while I wasn't looking Friday morning before I went to work. I had to leave them in their tent so their wings could dry before they took off. Then when I got home, they were GONE! I couldn't believe that they could find their way out of that tent, but they did! Smart critters.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #3568
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - I have neither frozen or drowned, but the weather is trying hard to do one or the other!!! It is really unsettled and we are getting winds off the Antarctic, and snow only and hour or so south of us

Maggie your butterflies were gorgeous - the wasps can get them here too you were really committed to them to cover them all like that. How weird to have somebody move your sprinkler.....

Hope you enjoy your travels Barb and Shelly, and that Jeanette's DD travels safely to Alaska - good to know she is loving her job and life there.

How wonderful Shelly to know you daughter is settled with a job now.

I am enjoying what summer cards etc that you are managing to blog, Kristie.

Waving at Kel and Darlene from down here
At least now you're in that transition from Winter to Spring. It will be so nice in a few months while we go into the cold season. I wonder if all this exceptionallly hot weather now will affect our Winter weather?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #3569
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Breezing through again. Jim came home from the re-hab yesterday morning. Needless to say it was not only a long day but also a long night. This is really taking a lot of adjustment for both of us. I seem to be very tired a lot but guess that's expected. Jim's doing pretty good. Hopefully we'll be able to get into some type of routine around here and I'll start some blogging again soon. Hope everyone is doing good.
Glad to hear that Jim is finally home. I hope that will help him with the recovery process. Does he still have therapy to do at home?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #3570
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi ya'll! We are home and I would love to request a vacation from vacation! I was so lethargic and worn out. Disney was AMAZING! My son and I got there when the park opened at 8:30 (early hours for resorts) and stayed until 11:30 though the park was open until 1 am! That's crazy! It was HOT, HOT, HOT! Long lines as well - we had a few fast passes, but we were not used to the crowds since we avoid the summer for a reason, lol. We rode everything and then some. The resort was beyond gorgeous - we swam like fish for days on end, went down the slides, lazy river, played a round of (big people!) golf, just stayed lazy for days I missed my girls but they were busy and enjoying themselves here under the direction of a very watchful biggest sister!

DD18 is out car shopping with the dh ~ she didn't want to drive much until the word new car popped up. She's incredibly busy and honestly, I can't keep up with her! She decided to walk into job interview on a whim and got hired on the spot - in addition to her singing at weddings, plus going to school full time in the Fall with 15 semester credits (of which I think she's crazy!!) She just got a call while we were gone for a commercial voice over - big stuff! She met w/ the studio manager and project manager and they loved her, hired her that day (on the spot!) and she did a days work with a big orchestra. She's going to be the voice of a cartoon character in the future - and that's about all I know! We have to sit down and go over 'deets' but super exciting stuff.

Lynn, good to hear from you. I know how stressful that is and I also know that you have a great support system - when you feel like you can't, don't. Take breaks for YOU as well. I'm glad to hear Jim is home, that in itself helps the healing process!

YAY for dd going back to Alaska - where she will feel so much at home, Jeanette!

Shel, congrats to Katie!! I'm sure with all her experience and all that she will bring to the table, they will just enjoy her immensely. There are a lot of charter schools popping up here, too. Will she live at home then with you guys? I'm sure you would love that - especially with your newly remodeled bathrooms and such

Maggie, I hope all the kitties are better by now. Going back a few questions ago, yes the Cabana is now a fully functioning gorgeous new bedroom for dd18. She moved out, to move back in - lol! So her sister that shares a room wasn't as thrilled as we were ~ so I moved all the furniture, boxed it all up, shelves down, etc and it's now the 2nd biggest room in the house. We have a 4 bedroom home - bought when we had no kids, never dreaming we'd actually fill up all the rooms - LOL! 20 years later, someone had to share .... until now. But, as dd16 says, our oldest will be married in a couple of years and moving out so I guess I'll wait until then to get a Cabana back again!

Waving to Barb, Max, Kel, Kristie .......... eek, I'm sure I'm missing a lot so I'll have to go back up and read. Hugs!!!
Glad to hear that you and DS had a great time at Disney. I bet it loved having his mom all to himself for a change.

Congrats to DD18 both on the new car (what did she get?) and on the new job! That's fabulous for her as she starts her new career with school and all. LOL! She may decide to move out sooner than when she gets married if she decides to change schools after this year.

Not sure if Paisley is better, but I quit giving her the meds. It stresses her out too much to go through all that. She's not like my Kitty Boy that I used to have. I could just take his pill and shove it down his throat with no problems. None of my other kitties are like that at all. I did clean out the litter box in the bedroom which is where everyone seems to like to go for some reason although there are 2 other boxes out in the computer room. I washed it out real good and then filled it with Cat Attract litter. It's expensive but worth it to get her to go in there instead of on the toilet lid covers. So far she is doing okay with that.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #3571
Quacker Stamper

Quiet weekend except for rescuing a dove out of the mouth of Ralph. Ralph is the male cat that lives outside. He's very sweet and friendly, but he's a hunter. I need to take him to get fixed. Saturday evening I was in the back yard after feeding them. I was checking out my butterfly tents and I heard what I thought was a bird singing. I think it was sqwaking. I turned around and saw Ralph jump down off a round table to the ground and had a mouth full of feathers. I saw the bird, but it was still and I thought he had already killed it, so I didn't walk over to it. I turned back around and then back at him and saw him closer to me with the bird still and it was moving, so I went over there and chased him away. Then tried to figure out what to do with the dove. I picked it up and took it into the house and put it in a big cardboard box. I thought I could find the wild life people in Houston and take to them if it was injured. The bird flapped around a bit so then I'm thinking it might be okay. I took the box into the utility room and got my large butterfly cage and put the bird in that. Easier to carry. While I was looking on the Internet, it kind of flapped its wings again, so decided that it might be okay. Took it out to the front porch away from the cats and put it down in the flower bed. It was still just sitting there. It let me pet it quite a bit and then I was checking out its wings looking to see if there were any injuries. Didn't appear to be any and there was no blood anywhere on the bird, so while I was sitting there it flapped its wings again and then took off up into the sky!!!!! I was so happy that I was able to save it and hopefully it will stay away from Ralph and the other hunter cats in my back yard.

Last night I did go to my writer's group. It's a group of ladies from church that meet once a month and we are working on writing our personal histories. It was fun last night because I was writing about the house where I grew up and brought back lots of memories. I was surprised how much I wrote and I didn't even finish that part. After we write we can share something if we want. Some of the stories the ladies were writing were pretty funny.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #3572
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Aw Mags, Ralph was probably thinking he hit the jackpot with his "KFC!" But I am so glad to hear the story had a happy ending I had a cat in high school that was a natural hunter and nearly every day would bring me birds or frogs or lizards or something gross! Cody was always so proud like "look ma!" It always creeped me out but it's what they do! Well, his sister didn't - she sat in the house all day fanning herself like a princess, LOL - bubble caption over her head was "nope, sorry .. Can't be bothered ... Shoo, go away" ROFL

Im taking a break from card making at my kiosk I think I'm getting the hang of it. I have a huge Riley and Company new release this week so I'm cranking out the cards!

Dd18 hasn't gotten the car yet but they shopped and test drove a her/dh decided on the final two. One is a Ford, the other a Chevy ( we are Ford peeps but dh insists the Spark is the car for her!) it's way too small IMO! And it's her sister dd20 that they think will get married and move out
Old 08-11-2015, 05:24 AM   #3573
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday! I am headed to a stamp class this morning--punches and punch art. Should be a fun class! We got about a half inch of rain yesterday, so I might be cutting the grass this afternoon--first time since before we left for DC, about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I has been dry, but the grass still is pretty green.

Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #3574

Yikes! I've been awake for over 4 hours and am just now making it to the threads. Busy morning here.

Whew! I was sitting on the edge of my seat reading about Ralph... and I have no fingernails left. So glad you were able to rescue Ms. Dove, Maggie!

Kelly, love the pictures... and your posts are such fun to read!

Barb, please take me with you! I love punch art!

Waving at everyone else!

I hope you are all having a GREAT day!

I'm climbing Mount Laundry, cleaning a bit, and making a few cards. I might even treat myself to lunch out - there's a fun little local eatery here that has a great looking salad. DD and I ate there last week (my first time there) and had the homemade pizza, but the people at the table next to us ordered a salad and I determined then that I'd need to go back some time and try the salad.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #3575
Gabfest Goddess

Dropping a quick line from Detroit (returning home later tomorrow)

Lynn: you and Jim are now in my prayers. As others have rightfully cautioned, PLEASE take care of yourself also. After all, who's going to take care of him if you collapse? Prayers & more prayers.

Maggie: so sorry to hear about your cat, I hope the "bedwetting" is temporary. I'm taking care of DD's dog (older) and she's having the same issue. I feel so badly that she can't sleep on my bed but there's just no choice.

Shelly: what great news about DD's job!!!

Maxine: I sure hope that the weather gives you two a break. It can really wear a person down.

Kelly: What a turmoil with DD & college. It must have really put all of you through the wringer. But at least she had the courage to be straight with you about how she felt.

Jeanette: I bet you sure miss having DD around. Keep a stiff upper lip!

Kristie: when you're all through at your place, how about coming to mine & helping me? Pretty please....???!!

Barb: maybe share some pics of the punch class creations? I'd love to see what you made!

If I missed anyone - sincere apologies! It's entirely by accident.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 08-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #3576
SCS RAK Coordinator

We made 5 cards and this was the cutest!

Herbie the Bug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Punch Art--Herbie the Bug.jpg (84.2 KB, 5 views)
mcschmidty and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:38 AM   #3577

Darlene... it's so good to see you!!! YAY!

Barb, oh my goodness... that car is sooooooooooo cute!

BIG NEWS! DD is in Anchorage! She had multiple delays (about 2 1/2 - 3 hours worth) in Gustavus... the plane from Juneau couldn't fly in and get her because there was too much fog in Gustavus. So she got to Anchorage very late last night............ and was at the Anchorage WalMart in the middle of the night buying 6 months worth of non-perishable groceries.... 2 FULL shopping carts of them. After "pushing them back" to the back of the store where they pack/ship them COD to her in her village, she bought a cooler full of perishable items to take with her when she flies to Pilot Station today.

Needless to say, DH and I didn't sleep much last night. (He's making up for it now - can you hear him snoring?)

I ended up not going to get that salad yesterday. I was busy with laundry and making cards while the washing machine chugged along... and I didn't want to slow down the momentum. The good news, though - I made 11 cards in the past two days. YAY me! And I did 12 loads of laundry yesterday. As well as some correspondence and volunteer work, cleaned a bit, etc.

Today I need to study! (Oh, and take pictures of 8 cards. EEK!)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #3578
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Creative Ladies--Happy Hump Day Wednesday!!!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #3579

What's this??????? No Smoochy?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #3580
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is too late--sorry.......................... He stopped in early this morning, but I have been occupied with other things since then...............

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
What's this??????? No Smoochy?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #3581

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #3582
Pearl-ExPert

There's just no way I can catch up to all the posts here. Hope everyone is doing ok though. I'm actually posting a card tomorrow. I have about 4 of them that I did a month ago and that's what will be going up for a while. I'll try my best to get around to everyone's blog as soon as I can and comment. Sorry I haven't been able to find the time to do it before. We're still rocking along ok here I guess. Jim saw the doctor yesterday and refused to let him have Home Health come during the week for therapy. I'm just hoping now he keeps doing the exercises, etc. they showed him how to do before we left the rehab. Hopefully he will.
mcschmidty and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #3583
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, good to hear from you -- and glad Jim is on the upswing!

Waving to all - been cray cray here taking the daughters all over the place before school starts. Tomorrow is Orientation (for the local university - even though we've already been orientated - hee hee!) for 2 days in downtown Miami - eeek! That's probably the ONE PLACE I'd really rather not go like ever, and I have to be there 2 times tomorrow, 2 times on Friday. Meh!
Old 08-13-2015, 05:42 AM   #3584

Lynn, take baby steps. It's okay that you can't keep up here. You're doing the important things... taking care of your DH! We ♥ you!

Kelly, be careful as you come and go... and come and go.......... yikes! You are always on the go!

Funny DD story - so I told you she bought 2 CARTS FULL of groceries in the middle of the night Tuesday and they will be shipped/delivered to her village within the next few days. Well........... she landed in her village yesterday early evening our time and I had a text from her within a couple of hours of her being back saying, "Mom, I forgot tomato juice. Can you mail me some? Store bought kind." (We use homemade tomato juice here, but she knows I won't ship it.) Sheesh! What a thing to forget - with all that moose meat, she loves to make chili, etc. So, yes, I replied, "We can do that."

She buys a lot of groceries online (Amazon) throughout the year..... but they won't ship tomato juice to Alaska. And she can't buy tomato juice in her village.

I have a lot to do today in preparation for being gone the next two days. So I probably won't be back here until next Monday. Hustle, Ranger, hustle!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #3585
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #3586
Mad Swapper

Well it is a fabulous Friday here - well it will be after I get dinner over and I spend the afternoon in the studio Wet and cold again today after four days of sunshine, but as 'they' are predicting a long hot summer I will take the rain now .

Lynn it was great to see you blogging again - although I realise it will be less than in the past. Do hope Jim continues the exercises... your description of life in the rest home was hilarious, but I do realize that those were only the highlights, not the day to day reality .

Kelly I cannot believe the pace at which you live life - I do hope it slows a bit for you soon.

Maggie I hope your kitties continue to behave - so glad the dove was o.k. in the end!

Darlene it was great to see you pop in - trust all is well with you.

Barb I am sorry you missed smoochy too - I have got to like him

Safe travels Jeanette - I am in awe of how busy you are, yet you still find time to stamp.

I had my DIL come in on Monday and help prune the roses - the bulk have been done and now I have to get to and weed the beds so they look reasonable during the summer - just not today!!

Kel I hope you have time to breath and visit soon

Kristie you sound as though you are doing what we call a purge - cleaning and sorting and dumping.... DH would love to do that in my studio, but I won't let him near!!

Waving hi to you all - I love being part of this group!
Old 08-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #3587
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
We made 5 cards and this was the cutest!

Herbie the Bug
That is adorable!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #3588
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Yikes! I've been awake for over 4 hours and am just now making it to the threads. Busy morning here.

Whew! I was sitting on the edge of my seat reading about Ralph... and I have no fingernails left. So glad you were able to rescue Ms. Dove, Maggie!

Kelly, love the pictures... and your posts are such fun to read!
he s
Barb, please take me with you! I love punch art!

Waving at everyone else!

I hope you are all having a GREAT day!

I'm climbing Mount Laundry, cleaning a bit, and making a few cards. I might even treat myself to lunch out - there's a fun little local eatery here that has a great looking salad. DD and I ate there last week (my first time there) and had the homemade pizza, but the people at the table next to us ordered a salad and I determined then that I'd need to go back some time and try the salad.
I hope you were able to get over Mount Laundry and get out to the salad place. I seldom hear someone raving about a salad at a restaurant. I hope it was good.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #3589
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Dropping a quick line from Detroit (returning home later tomorrow)

Lynn: you and Jim are now in my prayers. As others have rightfully cautioned, PLEASE take care of yourself also. After all, who's going to take care of him if you collapse? Prayers & more prayers.

Maggie: so sorry to hear about your cat, I hope the "bedwetting" is temporary. I'm taking care of DD's dog (older) and she's having the same issue. I feel so badly that she can't sleep on my bed but there's just no choice.

Shelly: what great news about DD's job!!!

Maxine: I sure hope that the weather gives you two a break. It can really wear a person down.

Kelly: What a turmoil with DD & college. It must have really put all of you through the wringer. But at least she had the courage to be straight with you about how she felt.

Jeanette: I bet you sure miss having DD around. Keep a stiff upper lip!

Kristie: when you're all through at your place, how about coming to mine & helping me? Pretty please....???!!

Barb: maybe share some pics of the punch class creations? I'd love to see what you made!

If I missed anyone - sincere apologies! It's entirely by accident.
Sorry DD's dog is having issues. Paisley seems to be doing much better since I started using the Cat Attract litter. She comes in the bedroom every morning and uses that box. The last few nights she's been able to get into my bed before the boys get there so she can sleep up by my head. She didin't make it last night. It's so funny to see them lined up along the edge of the bed with Paisley at the top and the other 2 boys down a little bit. But for some reason when I turn off the light, the boys disappear untl later.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #3590
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Darlene... it's so good to see you!!! YAY!

Barb, oh my goodness... that car is sooooooooooo cute!

BIG NEWS! DD is in Anchorage! She had multiple delays (about 2 1/2 - 3 hours worth) in Gustavus... the plane from Juneau couldn't fly in and get her because there was too much fog in Gustavus. So she got to Anchorage very late last night............ and was at the Anchorage WalMart in the middle of the night buying 6 months worth of non-perishable groceries.... 2 FULL shopping carts of them. After "pushing them back" to the back of the store where they pack/ship them COD to her in her village, she bought a cooler full of perishable items to take with her when she flies to Pilot Station today.

Needless to say, DH and I didn't sleep much last night. (He's making up for it now - can you hear him snoring?)

I ended up not going to get that salad yesterday. I was busy with laundry and making cards while the washing machine chugged along... and I didn't want to slow down the momentum. The good news, though - I made 11 cards in the past two days. YAY me! And I did 12 loads of laundry yesterday. As well as some correspondence and volunteer work, cleaned a bit, etc.

Today I need to study! (Oh, and take pictures of 8 cards. EEK!)
Glad to hear that DD made it safely to Anchorage. Wow! That is a lot of food for one trip. I guess where she lives, she doesn't get to go to a store very often.

Sorry you didn't get your salad yesterday, but there's always another day. Glad you used your time wisely in getting all those cards made! YOu were a busy girl.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #3591
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
There's just no way I can catch up to all the posts here. Hope everyone is doing ok though. I'm actually posting a card tomorrow. I have about 4 of them that I did a month ago and that's what will be going up for a while. I'll try my best to get around to everyone's blog as soon as I can and comment. Sorry I haven't been able to find the time to do it before. We're still rocking along ok here I guess. Jim saw the doctor yesterday and refused to let him have Home Health come during the week for therapy. I'm just hoping now he keeps doing the exercises, etc. they showed him how to do before we left the rehab. Hopefully he will.
Hi Lynn. I'm so happy to hear that Jim is coming along. I guess they want him to start relying on himself more to get that therapy done. I was bad when I had to do mine at home, but my DD was so good about doing hers, unfortunately it wasn't doing her a whole lot of good. Will Jim get upset if you encourage him to work on his PT?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #3592
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Lynn, good to hear from you -- and glad Jim is on the upswing!

Waving to all - been cray cray here taking the daughters all over the place before school starts. Tomorrow is Orientation (for the local university - even though we've already been orientated - hee hee!) for 2 days in downtown Miami - eeek! That's probably the ONE PLACE I'd really rather not go like ever, and I have to be there 2 times tomorrow, 2 times on Friday. Meh!
Hope you were able to survive the trips to Miami okay today. Be careful.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #3593
Quacker Stamper

Maxine, I know how you feel about having all that rain and then it goes dry on you. We've been dealing with that. We had so much rain all through the Spring and then in June it quit. It's getting so bad, but we did get a little shower Tuesday night. Not near enough, but it was good. They said on the news that we now need 6 1/2 inches of rain to get us out of the drought we're in. There was a little rain down by the Michael's store I stopped at on my way home from work, but it was barely a shower and didn't last long and not even close to my house.

I did go to Michael's today. I was looking for some product to use for snow - that stuff we used to be able to buy and it would puff up when you heated it. Couldn't find it anywhere at Michael's. In fact I hardly found anything that I wanted to buy. I did end up buying a few little things. I had a 20% off everything coupon, so that was a good thing. Too bad nothing worthwhile really interested me.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #3594
Quacker Stamper

I've been very busy at the office while my boss has been away. Only one more day to go until he returns on Monday. I've gotten my whole "to be filed" drawer cleaned out. Got everything scanned into the directories, tossed some that I didn't need to keep because the case is over and made some new files for ones that I need to keep for now. I still have a bunch of closed cases that I need to scan into the system and then I can toss them too.

Made some plans with my DD and her family. On Saturday, she and my DGD are going to go see Ricki and the Flash. I didn't get to see it last weekend. Then next Thursday, her whole family and I are going to do lunch before the kids go back to school. I'm going there for dinner on Sunday also, so a lot of time together the next few weeks.

Next Friday and Saturday are my Copic workshops! I'm so excited to be going again. Taking off Friday as a vacation day. The instructor is one that I haven't had a class with before, so I'm anxious to see how she does with the instructions.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #3595
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Dropping in to say Hi! I finally made it around to blogs- took me last PM and all day today on/off. I have adult ADD, so I say, and I start doing something, then get distracted....hehehehe get up for water or tea and clean off the counter.....hehehe I am really visual, so get soooo inspired seeing colors and sketchs, etc on blogs.....

I am working the next couple of days, so need to try to get some sleep- I spent my weekend off at my parents- dear me- it was hard- my Dad was in alot of pain or something and was mean and grouchy! He used to yell alot at us , but had calmed down a bit, but the yeller is back..... I have to remember I go there for them and not me...... and not to take him personally!

Our son buying a house in Co., Katie (home from China) got a job last week teaching in Chicago, as I had mentioned- she starts on Monday- it is at least an hour to drive each way- hope it is not more. I imagine she will get tired of that and move into the City where most of her friends live. Stephi is home and trying to decide what she wants to do for the year between undergrad and grad school. We put $ away for school for the twins, less for Stephi, but she had a nice scholarship (partial), so will most likely give her $ for grad school when she goes...... But she needs to do something in the meantime- she is working that out now. We have 4 drivers and three cars, so juggling.

Still working on the third bathroom- cannot wait to have the slow but perfect contractor out of the house! I am so tired of no sleeping in and having someone here all of the time!

Lynn- I will continue to keep you and Jim in prayers- I know it will be hard for you both. Does Jim have weakness still?

Waving hi to all- I have to get to bed!

Shelly
Old 08-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #3596
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I have a few errands to run this morning and then stamping time this afternoon. We are heading to Door County early tomorrow morning. That is at the "tip" of Wisconsin, in the far NE corner. My former Superintendent and his wife--whose classroom was right next to my office at school--bought a condo there this spring and invited us to visit. We will be back late Monday night as roomie is visiting a campus in Green Bay where there is a satellite school opening and she needs to visit the lab and do some training.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #3597
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon from campus! I tell you, I can see why college is a fun new experience for kids - the energy from these kids and the "fresh, blank page" looks they are are really something. But this is definitely not for me - lol! These orientations and tours and speech after speech are ridiculously boring - I graduated, degreed, worked and I just want to go home and color - LOL!!

We leave soon so I'm heading home and plan to relax! And catch up!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #3598
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say Hi! I finally made it around to blogs- took me last PM and all day today on/off. I have adult ADD, so I say, and I start doing something, then get distracted....hehehehe get up for water or tea and clean off the counter.....hehehe I am really visual, so get soooo inspired seeing colors and sketchs, etc on blogs.....

I am working the next couple of days, so need to try to get some sleep- I spent my weekend off at my parents- dear me- it was hard- my Dad was in alot of pain or something and was mean and grouchy! He used to yell alot at us , but had calmed down a bit, but the yeller is back..... I have to remember I go there for them and not me...... and not to take him personally!

Our son buying a house in Co., Katie (home from China) got a job last week teaching in Chicago, as I had mentioned- she starts on Monday- it is at least an hour to drive each way- hope it is not more. I imagine she will get tired of that and move into the City where most of her friends live. Stephi is home and trying to decide what she wants to do for the year between undergrad and grad school. We put $ away for school for the twins, less for Stephi, but she had a nice scholarship (partial), so will most likely give her $ for grad school when she goes...... But she needs to do something in the meantime- she is working that out now. We have 4 drivers and three cars, so juggling.

Still working on the third bathroom- cannot wait to have the slow but perfect contractor out of the house! I am so tired of no sleeping in and having someone here all of the time!

Lynn- I will continue to keep you and Jim in prayers- I know it will be hard for you both. Does Jim have weakness still?

Waving hi to all- I have to get to bed!

Shelly
I call that Senioritis Shelly. I do the same thing, and I think a lot of us do. It's a wonder anything gets finished.

Saw the photos of your parents on FB. Maybe your dad has hearing issues? I know that when some people can't hear, they talk louder for some reason.

Hope that Stephi figures out what to do this year before grad school. Sounds like Katie and DS are getting all settled.

No fun having workers in the house all the time. I remember when I redid my house - the floors mostly and the kitchen. It was a nightmare having to take everything down off the walls and move all the furniture around all the time so they could do the wood floors and then install the tile floors. But it is so worth it. I love my house. I'm sure yours will be fabulous after the bathrooms are done. I can't imagine having 3 bathrooms. Luxury!

Old 08-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #3599
Quacker Stamper

Finally heard from my DD in CA. Only took her 3 1/2 weeks to respond to my phone call. She's busy getting the DGD off to college this week. They drive up on the 19th and since DGD is taking her car, both DD and SIL are going, SIL will drive with DGD and DD has to drive it alone up there. They also celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary on the 18th. She said they aren't doing anything special since they had just gone to Europe on vacation and she finally got a new front door that she's been wanting. I'm thinking I need to do something for them, like getting them a new set of kitchen knives. The last time they were here for Thanksgiving (2 years ago I think) she commented on how great my sis's knives were, so I've been thinking about that since then. And they are kind of silver. My other DD wants a deep dish baking pan for lasagna and I've been thinking about getting that for her although their anniversary isn't until January. I don't usually do anniversaries, but these are special ones.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #3600
Quacker Stamper

Ugh! I got one of my ATC swap cards returned (only 1 out of 8 that I sent). I used 1/2 of a regular envelope which I've done many times in the past several months that I've been doing these as well as receiving some from others. It's stamped across the front that is is returned due to size, that it's too small. The minimum size is 3 1/2 by 5" This one is 3 1/4" by 4 1/2".