Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #321
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #322
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I will not be able to be on SCS at all tomorrow. Early church service, brunch between services, start of second service to hear roomie sing and play trumpet again, late brunch with her sister at the restaurant in her new place, then Easter supper in Illinois with my nephew's family................. Yes, lots of eating! See you all Monday and have a Blessed Easter!

Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #323
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Popping in for a minute. My son and his wife and two little girls will be here on Friday. I haven't even seen the new baby yet so am really looking forward to them being here. Easter egg hunt on the agenda for the 3 year old that day too. Tomorrow will be a serious house cleaning deal. Uck! Saturday, one of Jim's kids and his family may be here......so bottom line is I may not see y'all until Sunday evening. If not, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Easter.
Hope you are enjoying having all the family there with you this weekend.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #324
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Lynn - know the feeling - I need to clean tomorrow and Saturday morning as we have DD and family arriving mid afternoon Saturday and staying through until Friday, then on the Monday following DS and family arrive for 3 nights.... so I may not be here much either - I think I will need that island retreat after all that!!
Sounds like a lot of family time for you Maxine. Enjoy all the little ones.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #325
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

And now we have just heard from the plastic's clinic, and in the middle of the visitors, Hubby is having a sun damage lesion removed from his face.... oh joys!!
Oh, sorry about that little surgery there. I hope it all went well and DH is doing fine. I'm sure the little ones will help keep his mind off it.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #326
Quacker Stamper

I spent a good bit of my time yesterday cleaning the house, organizing my closet - putting away Winter things and getting out Spring/Summer things. I have a big bag to take to the cleaners before putting them away for the summer days. I finally had some time to clean out the hallway too. I had 2 totes that have porcelain dolls in there that I'd love to sell. Then there were 2 boxes and 2 totes full of stuff that I had taken out of the storage room when I was having the food storage unit put up. Finally went through all that stuff and got it organized and put away. Cleaned off the table in there and moved some of my machines in there. Got the Cameo out of the box, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Today it was the grocery store and work on DT cards. I have the menu planned for tomorrow. We're having pork roast, Ranch potatoes, mac & cheese, cheesy broccoli patties, salad, baked beans, fruit & rolls and then we'll make ice cream sundaes for dessert. The roast and the potatoes will go in 2 crock pots. The rest is pretty easy to fix up.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #327
Pearl-ExPert

I'm back..........somewhat! Had a good day all day yesterday with my son and his family. Two precious little girls and yes, I finally got to hold and snuggle the baby! Fun Easter egg hunt, good food, and a long day! They'll be back in the morning before heading back home to Dallas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #328
Mad Swapper

Hi and Happy Easter all - popping in before family arrives - a day late due to illness.

They have had a horrible trip down with car trouble - please pray it is fully resolved before I head back with them on Friday - Son in Law takes our car back tomorrow as their car has the car seats in, and then I bring it back next Saturday.... I don't want any problems as we go back!! hope that makes sense.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #329

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #330
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, I hope all goes well with hubby and his surgery ♥

Thinking of everyone in this lucky moment I was able to stop in today! Hugs for all!

DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-21-2014, 04:31 AM   #331

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #332
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, will certainly send some prayers for safe travel next Friday! How did hubby's procedure go?

Maggie: you have been ambitious, how about coming up north & helping me clean out my ex's clutter - hehehe pretty please? LOL

Lynn: so great that you got in some serious baby snuggles. How fun!

Waving to everyone, hope that your Easter was special.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #333
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--Happy Monday after Easter, also know as "I ate too much yesterday day--especially from the basket of goodies"!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter--we sure did and it lasted all day! Our temps got into the mid 70's, which was warmer than the forecast. It was wonderful!!!!!!

Today, I had a late breakfast with one of my former co-workers, stopped at my SU demos house to get my April club order and stopped by church to help set up for our annual rummage sale on the 3rd. We set all of the tables in the family-life center and for the next two weeks, people bring items in for us to price and sell. I am the co-chair, so I will be at church many evenings for the next two weeks.

I hope you are having a good Monday!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #334
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls! I hope it's a good day for all! I had some running around this am, then was lucky enough to be home and get a few book reviews in - woohoo! Hoped to craft but didn't get that lucky - wahhh!

I hope Easter was beautiful! We had a gorgeous service and then a brunch here at home. We did the Easter egg dying the day before and yesterday was the egg hunt, egg relay races, egg toss and sack races, etc. Super fun! And the best part was that my BIL came by and is finally working on my car! YAY! (It's been broken for well over 9 months with no hopes of being repaired - until now!)

Maxine, I'm thinking of you and your hubby and sending prayers, healing vibes your way!

Lots of love to all!
x0x0
Old 04-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #335
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I'm back..........somewhat! Had a good day all day yesterday with my son and his family. Two precious little girls and yes, I finally got to hold and snuggle the baby! Fun Easter egg hunt, good food, and a long day! They'll be back in the morning before heading back home to Dallas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
That's great that you had some fun time with DS and family. Grands are so wonderful.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #336
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi and Happy Easter all - popping in before family arrives - a day late due to illness.

They have had a horrible trip down with car trouble - please pray it is fully resolved before I head back with them on Friday - Son in Law takes our car back tomorrow as their car has the car seats in, and then I bring it back next Saturday.... I don't want any problems as we go back!! hope that makes sense.
Sorry about the car problems I do hope that it is all in proper working order when you go back on Friday. How is DH doing after his eye procedure last week? I hope he was still able to enjoy the little ones.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #337
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, will certainly send some prayers for safe travel next Friday! How did hubby's procedure go?

Maggie: you have been ambitious, how about coming up north & helping me clean out my ex's clutter - hehehe pretty please? LOL

Lynn: so great that you got in some serious baby snuggles. How fun!

Waving to everyone, hope that your Easter was special.
Oh, I would LOVE to come help you clean out the DH clutter! I know how to handle that kind of stuff. It's my own stamping stuff that seems to cling to me whenever I think about getting rid of any of it.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #338
Quacker Stamper

It was just me and my little family for dinner yesterday, but I cooked enough food for an army! It all turned out great and the kids really liked those broccoli patties - so did DD and SIL. She took the recipe home with her. I was able to have enough different things on the table so my vegetarian DGD had plenty to eat. It's going to take some time to figure this all out for her.

I miss the whole dying eggs thing, but I did make up 2 Easter bags for the kids and put them in cabinets so they'd have to search for them.

After they left and I got the kitchen cleaned up - took 2 dishwasher loads - my other DD called from CA and we were on the phone for over an hour. She was telling me all her woes with having some house remodeling done and the contractor that isn't there! I can't believe that I'll be out there in less than 2 weeks!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #339
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - all full steam ahead here - the grandies are in residence and it's all go!!

The Wedding Anniversary celebrations are under control - I think - DD is flat out doing them now.

Our son-in-law thinks he has the car sorted - God willing we will not have any problems on Friday.

DH's proceedure is next Monday - sorry for the confusion.. I obviously did not write it well... DS and family arrive that day for three nights, so they will have to let themselves in if we are not home before they arrive. I will have to be organised for a meal for that night

I am popping in and reading most days, but tht will be about it for a few days yet.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:26 AM   #340
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone!

Maxine, sounds like life is exciting down your way, nice to have the little ones to distract you and hubby from his procedure next week. (Glad that it wasn't on top of everything else you have going on!)

Also great to hear that the car issues seem to be resolving themselves. We will all still keep our fingers crossed for you when traveling.

We are in for another warm day here, then into a few rainy days. That's ok, all the daffodils in my yard can probably use the rain.

Shelly: the card that you made for Stephie's birthday (on your blog), I have a question - how did you adhere the lace diecut background panel? Do you have one of those do-dads that you roll it through and it lays adhesive film on the back side? (can't remember it's name right now, it starts with an X...) If so, how do you not get adhesive film over the open parts of the die cut? Not sure how to explain what I'm asking ....

Barb: LOVE your D. Morgan card!!!

Nancy: your latest card with the azaleas in pencil is sooooo pretty!

Waving to everyone and wishing you a great Tuesday!

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #341

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Oh, I would LOVE to come help you clean out the DH clutter! I know how to handle that kind of stuff. It's my own stamping stuff that seems to cling to me whenever I think about getting rid of any of it.
Oh, so that's where the term "cling" stamps came from.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener, ksmile1978 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 AM   #342

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #344
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope everyone enjoyed Easter! It was just Ray and I here- I made a ham (8 1/2 lbs) for the two of us...scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, deviled eggs and rolls. Last night, I cubed the ham and will freeze it- just need recipes for future use. I read online I can freeze ham for 2 mos. I will make Split Pea soup- first time ever and more Quiche......

Maxine- sounds like a whirlwind of fun for you and the family! Will keep hubby in prayers. And, hope the car behaves!

Hahaha Jeanette- you are funny! They cling cause they are an investment in our future, right?

Darlene- I just added glue to the back of it where there were solid areas. Since I knew I was going to cover the center of it where the smaller pieces are, I did not worry about those. I do have a Xyron, but it would leave adhesive where the open areas are.

Maggie- your dinner sounds yummy : ) California sounds fab- hope the 2 weeks fly by so you can hit the road! How long will you be in California?

Kelly- what a fun day filled with lots of fun for the kids! We had a great sermon at Mass- I really enjoyed it! We got to church too late to sit, so had to stand up the whole mass, bit it was OK. We parked a few blocks away and got to see a huge Easter Egg hunt- looked like a blast : )

Lynn- sounds like a successful day with the kids- a fun egg hunt and some good snuggles with the baby : ) : ) : )

Mmmm Nancy- hope you had a good brunch. Rainy days are the best for watercoloring...stay inside and create. And, I am with you - love Chocolate and Peanut Butter!

Waving Hello to everyone else

TOTW- if you ever have any ideas- send them my way!
For this week- lets share Stamping Tips

Here is one I love- when you fussy cut your images, always outline them after you cut the out- on the edges- so they are not white on the edges.

One more- if you are like me and are not perfectly happy with your card and feel the need to rip off the top layer (for whatever reason), lay the card down right side down and pull the back off the front- then the front layer will not get 'stretched'.

Have a great week!
Shelly
Old 04-23-2014, 02:21 AM   #345
Gabfest Goddess

DOTW:
Thanks for those tips, Shelly!! And thanks also for letting me know how you attached that lovely lattice die cut. I've been wondering about that for a while now.

Hmmm, it's only just after 5 am here and I haven't had my coffee yet. LOL So not thinking of any tips that I could possibly have for you gals, hahaha. Maybe later when the brain cells kick in.

Have a great Wednesday all of you!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:50 AM   #346

Do you know what day it is?

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #347

Shelly, those are great tips! Thanks!

Darlene, it's good to see you this morning!

Barb, yesterday's blinkie was pretty....... but I'm hoping for Smoochy today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #348
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Good tips Shelly. I don't color edges when I fussy cut, but I do usually outline my copic colored images with either the lightest blue or one of the light grays depending on what color the image is. I think it makes it pop and gives it a little halo around it.

I had that same issue with a bow flourish that I had on my latest CCC card. It's really very thin and not too much space to put glue, but I just spread a little thin line of it spaced out where I know it's going to need to be stuck down.

I'm just going to CA for a quick trip to see my DGD's HS musical that she is performing in. I leave next Friday and will be back on Sunday. But then I took off on Monday so I'll have a play day. Same deal at the end of the month when I go to Dallas. Leave on Friday, come back on Sunday and then Monday is Memorial Day, so it's a holiday.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #349
Pearl-ExPert

I've really been missing in action around here! So much to do and trying to keep up with everything - including cards and posting - is just wearing me down quick. Seems that once pretty weather hits, there's just a ton of stuff that has to be taken care of. My card making is pretty well limited to 10 minutes back in the cave, out again, 10 minutes more, etc.....Needless to say I'm running like a chicken with it's head cut off!

Know this is going to be hit and miss on responding to all y'all's chatter....but.....

Jeanette, the "cling" stamps is classic and yes, I have a slew of those I'm afraid!
Maggie, your dinner sounded great. Maybe you can pick up some tips from Kelly on the vegetarian diet things. Have a good trip!
Darlene, glad y'all are getting rain (send some here!) and you're doing good. Warmer weather is coming!
Kristine, when's the upcoming Disney trip!
Barb, wish I could be there for the rummage sale - those things are fun!
Maxine, I know you're having a great time with family. I'll be thinking about you on Monday with your husbands procedure!
Nancy, I loved your card and the watercoloring. I just can not get the hang of that where I'm satisfied with it and yet yours is wonderful.
Shelly, sounds like ya'll had a nice quiet Easter. Sometimes those are just the best though.
Kelly, you still out there somewhere?

I really don't know of any tips in my stamping that y'all probably don't already know about. Will have to think on that one. After fussy cutting I take a black marker and go around the outside edge of the image too......makes it look good. I've never tried that with taking off the back instead of the front - but will now.

Off to work in the yard a bit and will try not to be so much of a stranger around here!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #350
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I know what day it is! The day I go through Starbucks TWICE! LOL! I need java!!

Great tips indeed! Like Maggie, I usually outline but stick to mostly the lightest greys. It gives it a little more depth, I think rather than leaving it alone. Though I just finished a card (way late!) for tomorrow and see it's not outlined - oooops!

Just been too busy, too much on my mind, too going in 500 different directions to remember the little touches!

Have a great time on your trip, Maggie!

My daughter's class won straight Superiors at yesterdays MPAs - very inspiring young people. We have her final auditions on Saturday (for that semi-final thing) but not sure she will go truthfully - her Federation (judging, performance) on vocal technique is May 3rd, same day/time as the show She cannot be in two places at once so she has to make a decision today!

Running along to get back to my son's school - today is a Spring show at his school, ay yi yi .......
Old 04-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #351
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #352
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

I know what day it is! The day I go through Starbucks TWICE! LOL! I need java!!

Great tips indeed! Like Maggie, I usually outline but stick to mostly the lightest greys. It gives it a little more depth, I think rather than leaving it alone. Though I just finished a card (way late!) for tomorrow and see it's not outlined - oooops!

Just been too busy, too much on my mind, too going in 500 different directions to remember the little touches!

Have a great time on your trip, Maggie!

My daughter's class won straight Superiors at yesterdays MPAs - very inspiring young people. We have her final auditions on Saturday (for that semi-final thing) but not sure she will go truthfully - her Federation (judging, performance) on vocal technique is May 3rd, same day/time as the show She cannot be in two places at once so she has to make a decision today!

Running along to get back to my son's school - today is a Spring show at his school, ay yi yi .......
Congrats to your DD's class on their win at MPA's. Fabulous. Oh, what a hard decision to have to make.

What is DS doing for the Spring show? Is it talent-related?
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #353
Gabfest Goddess

.....Still thinking...still thinking...stamping tips? stamping tips? Surely I can come up with ONE?!! hehehe

Then again, it's been back & forth with my retirement investment guy and my attorney, in reply to my future ex's attorney...my brain is kinda preoccupied...

Old 04-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #354
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
.....Still thinking...still thinking...stamping tips? stamping tips? Surely I can come up with ONE?!! hehehe

Then again, it's been back & forth with my retirement investment guy and my attorney, in reply to my future ex's attorney...my brain is kinda preoccupied...
It's okay, Darlene - I'm sure in spite of all that's going on, you'll be excused from thunking! LOL!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #355
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Congrats to your DD's class on their win at MPA's. Fabulous. Oh, what a hard decision to have to make.

What is DS doing for the Spring show? Is it talent-related?
Yes The kids at school were able to audition/try out for a 3-4 minute spot for singing, dancing, sports, etc -- he did a spot with Karate, his black belt form I put it on Facebook though my video failed! I was so sad - I was supposed to film it for dh who couldnt' be there
Old 04-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #356
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

The doc gave me a HUGE dose of steroids today- seems now that it is time to get in the yard, my neck has decided...Nah...maybe not today...... They are making me feel quite a bit 'airheaded' like I took pain meds or something......I have never taken this whopping dose before.

I need to stop by blogs- but so air headed, it is taking me a while. Please be patient with me! Have a good evening!

Shelly
Old 04-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #357
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Stamp Addicts!!

Shelly: Booooo! Boo about the neck problems, boo about the big dose of steroids, boo about it all. Dang it, you get better ok?

Kelly: how disappointing that your video did not turn out Did he do well during the audition? I hope that he was happy with his performance. How exciting to see your youngest developing and sharing his talents like that!

Drumroll please....

I thought of a stamping tip!!

I love to heat emboss with EPs & learned this from others along the way (maybe even some of you here): When embossing with colored EP use an ink color that is similar to the color of the EP. That way your coverage looks more complete, even if tiny spots don't get covered with the EP.

This helped me especially when embossing with copper, gold and silver powders, which I use often for Christmas cards.

The other lesson I've learned is the right paper for the right technique makes such a difference! But that's no news to any of you here, you all color so well. But embossing vs watercoloring vs pencils vs markers & so on. The paper's construction and finish makes such a big difference!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 AM   #358

Awww... Shelly, I 'm sending hugs and get well wishes!

Darlene, yay! You did it!

Kelly, I'm sure little man did an amazing job!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #359
Gabfest Goddess

Oh!! I thought of something else that I do:

When embossing using plates or folders in the Big Shot or any similar machine:
Slightly dampen the card stock before embossing. It really makes the embossing much more defined. I keep a small, clean rag close by that is slightly damp, & blot the paper with it right before running it through the machine. If you are using thinner CS you may want to test this first, but with most thicker CS, this works great.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #360
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Yes The kids at school were able to audition/try out for a 3-4 minute spot for singing, dancing, sports, etc -- he did a spot with Karate, his black belt form I put it on Facebook though my video failed! I was so sad - I was supposed to film it for dh who couldnt' be there
How fun! OH bummer about the failed video. I think that's one thing that I don't have on my wish list - a camcorder. I'd really like to have one, but never did have it as a priority.