Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #3521
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Peeking in to see if there are any updates from Lynn- Keeping ya'll in prayers!

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #3522
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shel - agreed, hoping all is well with Jim and Lynn is doing okay in all the healing and recovery. Any updates on your daughter yet? When will she know about the teaching spot? Sounds very competitive!

YAY for Freezing, Maggie! Food anyway! Sounds like you had some really good customer service - so nice they carted it away and yeah, you'd not want a freezer hanging out front for a month or so. Here, it has to be sealed so that even the CIA couldn't crack it open!

Looks like everyone is just busy or dashing about like me! I had to scoot from the dentist (dd) to the ortho (ds) who was so heartbroken that he did everything she asked of him to do in the past 6 weeks to get his braces off and still no today I had warned him that there was a slight chance, his Dr is a perfectionist! Sure enough, she wasn't happy with a tiny space on the left and said 6 more weeks. He was hoping to start school with a brand new smile, but after 3 years, it's better to do it 100% right than sloppy.

And finally a chance to update about dd ......... I did get her all squared away... AT HOME! First, it was a WONDERFUL trip. I am unequivocally convinced it was the right school for her. After 3 trips in 6 months, at length talks to staff, advisors, visiting the area, etc, it was perfect. Her opportunities for music theater were over the top, as well as working at Disney (another dream of hers). But, after 2 full days of a fabulous experience, she decided to finally share that she had been struggling with going away to school. Like for a month, she was sure she didn't want to leave. So, on day 3, instead of registering and finishing orientation with classes and scholarship/prepaid college plan placements, we were scrambling to transfer back OUT of the school - all long distance. I was very saddened by her decision, as I don't think it was the right one but we can't/won't force her to leave home. It's ultimately her decision. So, we came home after days away (and AFTER THAT DANG DINNER PARTY!!! ) and scrambled to find out if she can still attend the local university here or if she would find herself at the community college. She could be at University and will start in the Fall. And, incredibly, there was no criteria supplements for her huge scholarship so she will retain that!! As well as her college already being paid for since birth, plus 2 other smaller scholarships she won - this girl has a full ride all the way to graduate school. We've told her to buckle down on the classes, and transfer next year as a Sophomore BUT the mistake in that, they won't get to know her this year in any of the theater productions or operas. I think she should leave, dh was thrilled that she didn't, so for at least the year ahead, we have our baby staying home.

So, I'm back to packing up the rest of The Cabana, LOL! Her little sister was like "uh-uh, no way, I wanted my own room!!" Sorry

Praying everyone is well and having a wonderful almost weekend! ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:57 AM   #3523
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Quick note as I'm exhausted and goin to bed. Jim had a stroke last night. He's in the hospital in the city. Need some prayers. Sorry I didn't get around to blogs. Will catch up when I can
Lynn,
Keeping you and Jim in my prayers. Big hugs!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:13 PM   #3524
Quacker Stamper

Anyone upgrade to Windows 10 yet? I just heard from one friend that it is very frustrating and very SLOW! Glad I haven't done anything with it yet.

The freezer is great! I've been transferring a little bit each night from the older one to the newer one and looking at stuff that I take out to see if it's still good or needs to be disposed of. I have tossed a few things. There was a huge package of pork chops from 2011 in there. I think that was from the lady who owned it before me.

I'm also having issues with Paisley. The other night she wet on my bed!! Grrrrrrrr. . . I was so mad at her. I don't know why she is doing this, but it started up just a few months ago and I had her to the vet to get checked out to see if there was anything physically wrong and everything was negative. I had a long bed pillow on top of my throw and she wet on that and on another one of the throws. I'm going to wash them good with vinegar first and keep them. Since this happened, she's not allowed in the room. It did go through to my summer comforter, so I had to trash that and the bed pillow. The other kitties were a little freaked out last night when I closed Paisley into the living room/computer room. They don't like the closed doors. They think I'm going to try to trap and get them. Then this morning they freaked out again when I opened the doors. Couldn't get them to come in the kitchen and get their breakfast. Maggie came and got hers, and Paisley finally came out from behind the sofa and ate a little of hers and some of one of the boys. I need to go by the vets and pick up some meds for her (Prozac). I'm going to ask them for only a few to see if I can actually give them to her. My kitties don't medicate well and I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on meds if she's not going to take it.

Boss is out of the office today and next Monday - Thursday. Gonna be a quiet week. He comes back on Friday and then off again on a family cruise so it'll be a 2nd week that he's gone.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-31-2015, 12:13 PM   #3525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

*waving to everyone and thinking good thoughts for Lynn!*
Old 08-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #3526
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Oh Kelly- your daughter- I hope all works well for her. If she is not ready, she is not ready and it is so awesome that she could open up and tell you that. My friend has a son that went away to college and they moved him in and then they had to move him back out. He is still home- he has really bad food allergies and had so much anxiety about the food in cafe...... Hope little gut gets those braces off soon!

Maggie- your poor kitty- hope it all works out! My brother and a friend downloaded W10 and said it has some great features and is not so bad.

I am off today cause I switched with someone this week (who wanted Monday off). Ray and I went to see Me Earl and a Girl (I think) and saw part of Inside Out- we missed the first 15-20 minutes. We had free refills on popcorn- and ate too much! Hahaha The first movie was great, but sad.

Today, I slept in- it was delightful as I have been getting up early this week..... Ray and I are alone at home, so who cares what time we get up. He had a baseball game today and I had my monthly ATC swap. It was a very small group, our theme was beading on an ATC. I used glass beads without holes on the trades, and beaded around the edge on my 1-4-1 ATC.

I also took a bit of time to make a dragon ATC for the oriental swap. I have one more swap to make ATC's for- Technique Junkies technique plus fall colors. I have DT cards made for a couple of weeks in advance, so am having fun enjoying free time.

We are ripping up the last bathroom floor tonight and tomorrow, so I have to go move stuff out of the vanity now. I have to shop for lighting and towel bars, and a shower curtain- the one I bought does not go well once we put in the granite

Waving hello to all- praying for you Lynn!
Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #3527
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Kelly--I am not sure if you are happy or sad with your daughter's decision on college, but it seems to have been aching on her heart and her brain, so I hope she has done the right thing!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #3528
Quacker Stamper

Happy Sunday Stamp Addicts! Hope you're all having a lovely day. I know you'll be happy when you're done with the bathrooms. It is kind of fun though to go pick out new stuff for it.

I do a 1-4-1 ATC swap every month too and for July I did not make one for everyone in the group which is usually 10 or 11. I just made one for those who sent to me, and then yesterday I get a late one in the mail for July, so now I have to make another one to send to her. Lucky I saved all the parts to it, but have to color up the image to place on it. Then figure out what I want to do for August. Shelly, I want to use some beads on mine. This group used to be affiliated with Pennywise Arts and they sold tiny holeless beads of different colors to be used on projects.

I've given Paisley two doses of her meds so far. It has worked out okay because the pills are small and if I put it in a pill popper, I just need to stick it into her mouth and the pill falls out down her throat.

Well, Kelly, sounds like you did get her settled, although not the way you expected. At least now she has all the scholarship money that she can put to good use and time to figure out what she wants to do. My DGD here in town is staying at HCC instead of going off to school. She's also trying to decide if she's going to change her major and not try again for Music School. DD is fine with her staying at home although they would have been okay with her going off to school too. I think by Fall 2016, she'll have it worked out and will finally go off to school somewhere.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #3529
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Peeking in to see if there are any updates from Lynn- Keeping ya'll in prayers!

Shelly
I have been wondering as well. Still sending good thoughts and prayers their way.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #3530
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Im so far behind after my time away that Im just going to jump in the thread right here so if Ive missed something important, please let me know.

My DD and I had a GREAT trip to visit my parents. She was even given the privilege of DRIVING the Corvair that my dad restored - she's the only one in the family who has been given the keys for a drive... and she didn't even know how to drive a standard transmission. My sister and niece have given her a lot of razzing... it's been fun! (The Corvair was the car my parents got for my sister to drive as her first car, so she really thinks it's a big deal that she hasn't driven it since its been restored.)

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #3531
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I have had a great couple of days. Our friends from Colorado came in on Wednesday. Thursday we toured Ten Chimneys--that is the summer home of Alfred Lund and Lynn Fontaine--stage stars of the 40's-60's. The house is in Genesee Depot, 3 miles from our house and it is a great tour! We went to the Brewers/Cubs baseball game Thursday night and had the golf outing in Green Bay on Friday. It was a wonderful day and we finished in the top 5--out of 36 teams! We stayed overnight and had breakfast with Pat's brother in GB. We had a cook out Saturday night with 2 other couples before they left for the airport. Yesterday we went to a chicken barbeque at the community where roomie's sister lives and that too was nice.

So--finally things will be back to normal this week and I do get to spend lots of time in the stamp room--yay!!!!!!!

Have a great day and a fantastic start to the new week!!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #3532
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great Pictures Jeanette!!!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #3533
Quacker Stamper

Wow! It's a convertible to boot! Fabulous. Guess they don't want to sell it.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #3534

Thanks Barb! I'm glad you've been enjoying life!

Maggie, it is a pretty cool car... and no, they won't sell it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #3535
Insane Embellisher

Kelly!!! Did you see that you won at Sugar Pea Designs?? Congrats!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:32 PM   #3536
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hii all - wanted to pop in and say hello before we leave tomorrow for Daytona beach and Disney World!

Kristi - I did see that, thank you!! My first Sugar Pea! And the funny thing, I hopped during my sons dental visit, thinking about how my dad wanted to take him fishing. Then he passed away when he was a year old and never got the chance. His birthday was last week

Whew! What. A weekend!! Got The Cabana completely deconstructed, empty and ready for painting when we return then furniture to go in! Dd is most excited to have her own room never dreamed 20 years ago when we bought this 4 bedroom house (with me 8 months pregnant!) that we'd literally fill up every room. Lol!

My "Cabana" is now a tiny old 18 x 34" computer desk with a tiny shelf insert! It definitely doesn't work but I figured when I want to make cards, I can drag it to the table. One wall in our stockroom now holds all the shelves full of every supply from papers to bins of stamps and all the toys

We leave tomorrow around noon. Have to rush my dd to the peds first thing - she broke out with a huge rash (looks like massive acne) after eating something, maybe strawberries which she has had 100 times. But you know what they say, the 101th time ...

Jeanette, so glad the surprise went so well. Dad is a handsome fella!! That is one insanely cool car! My Jeep is a stick shift

Shell, I hope your back is better! You are doing to your bathroom what we did to my huge craft room! Dd can't wait!

Maggie, glad that the kitties are doing okay and sounds like you are doing a good job "freezing" I know what you mean about the kids staying and going. They really do find their own "right" path.

Barb, I think dd will come into her own I think it would have been a good match but no, certainly not upset with her .. She just wasn't ready. I would have loved for her to follow her dreams but she will know when it's time! Sounds like you had a good time with your company!

Has anyone heard from Lynn? I'm sure it's been so hard. I am praying and praying.

I will give Mickey a hug from everyone <3

And Wishing everyone a fabulous rest of the week!!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #3537
Mad Swapper

Hi folks - I am back to typing two handed, and generally well on the mend

Enjoy your trip Kelly - may this one be full of fun - unlike the last stressful one.

Loved that car Darlene - it's a beaut!! your Dad looks pretty healthy too, it's always good to know your parents are well!

Barb I look forward to seeing the results of your inky day yesterday.

Kristie it's always great to hear from you and know that you are well, if not inky

Lynn and Darlene you are often in my thoughts and prayers.

Maggie I hope you can enjoy the time with your boss out of office

Kel - how are you? - apart from super busy that is

Waving to you all from the wet and wild end of winter.........
Old 08-04-2015, 05:52 AM   #3538

Kelly, I had missed your post about DD when I was gone... so scrolled back to see what's up. I'm sure it was not an easy decision for her. She has two great and supportive parents who will walk this path with her. (((HUGS))) Now, go hug Mickey and enjoy your trip! We'll miss you!

Kristie, isn't Kelly lucky! I love Sugar Pea stamps - own several... and have been tempted the past couple of days to purchase the very set that Kelly won. I squealed in delight for her yesterday when I saw she had won it.

Maxine, it's good to see you're on the mend. YAY! And thank you for the sweet comments about the car and dad - my dad, BTW, not Darlene's.

I've been concerned about Lynn, too. Has anyone heard anything from her?

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #3539
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning All--today is stamp-away-day----All Day!!!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #3540
Pearl-ExPert

I'm so sorry I haven't updated anyone about Jim! It's just no time or energy right now I'm afraid.
On Thursday last week they transferred him from the hospital in the city (and hour and half from here) to Hondo (about 20 minutes!). That's so much easier on me now. He's in what they call a Skilled Nursing Facility but it's actually just one of the nursing homes there. He'll be getting occupation and physical therapy both. The stroke affected his left side of his body......leg and hand. Also a some peripheral vision. His leg seems to be getting better some and he's not running into walls when he uses the walker as much. His hand isn't cooperating so much but they're working with it. He just doesn't have control over where it needs to go. You never realize how much you need both hands until you don't have them - like getting dressed and things like that. His mood........not good as he doesn't want to be where he is at all. Said he's tired of being around all those OLD people! LOL!!! I told him since he was 77 now he's going to fit in better than he thinks! HA! Every day is a mental challenge with him but........They plan on keeping him 7 to 14 days - if he doesn't just decide he's walking out of there before that! Yikes! I'm ok but extremely tired all the time. I try to stay up there as much as I can since I know he's lonesome and just has nothing to do at all. I am able to take Rambo up there and visit with him though and that seems to be a bright spot in his day. I pretty much run on an empty gas tank all day long and then at night have trouble going to sleep with everything running through my mind. Guess that's part of it though. I am trying to take care of myself though and hopefully am doing ok with that. It's going to be a challenge when he comes home but since I know he'll feel better, I will too. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and I'll be back when I can.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #3541

Lynn, thank you for taking the time to update us. I know right now we should be very low on your list of priorities, but I (for one, at least) was getting a bit worried, since we hadn't heard more. I'm sorry Jim is unsettled where he is... among the "old" people. Hopefully he will make quick progress and will be given the release that he longs for and come home to you and Rambo. Take care of yourself, please! Being a caregiver is exhausting! (((HUGS))) and lots and lots of prayers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #3542
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hii all - wanted to pop in and say hello before we leave tomorrow for Daytona beach and Disney World!

Kristi - I did see that, thank you!! My first Sugar Pea! And the funny thing, I hopped during my sons dental visit, thinking about how my dad wanted to take him fishing. Then he passed away when he was a year old and never got the chance. His birthday was last week

Whew! What. A weekend!! Got The Cabana completely deconstructed, empty and ready for painting when we return then furniture to go in! Dd is most excited to have her own room never dreamed 20 years ago when we bought this 4 bedroom house (with me 8 months pregnant!) that we'd literally fill up every room. Lol!

My "Cabana" is now a tiny old 18 x 34" computer desk with a tiny shelf insert! It definitely doesn't work but I figured when I want to make cards, I can drag it to the table. One wall in our stockroom now holds all the shelves full of every supply from papers to bins of stamps and all the toys

We leave tomorrow around noon. Have to rush my dd to the peds first thing - she broke out with a huge rash (looks like massive acne) after eating something, maybe strawberries which she has had 100 times. But you know what they say, the 101th time ...

Jeanette, so glad the surprise went so well. Dad is a handsome fella!! That is one insanely cool car! My Jeep is a stick shift

Shell, I hope your back is better! You are doing to your bathroom what we did to my huge craft room! Dd can't wait!

Maggie, glad that the kitties are doing okay and sounds like you are doing a good job "freezing" I know what you mean about the kids staying and going. They really do find their own "right" path.

Barb, I think dd will come into her own I think it would have been a good match but no, certainly not upset with her .. She just wasn't ready. I would have loved for her to follow her dreams but she will know when it's time! Sounds like you had a good time with your company!

Has anyone heard from Lynn? I'm sure it's been so hard. I am praying and praying.

I will give Mickey a hug from everyone <3

And Wishing everyone a fabulous rest of the week!!
Hope you all have a wonderful time on your trip.

I didn't realize that you were giving up your Cabana to your DD. Is that because other DD decided to stay home for college? Sorry you're losing your space. I think about that sometimes if a DD or DGD needed to come live here with me (it won't happen, but just in case) I'd have to give up my stamping space too! Don't know what I would do with it all, but you do what you have to do.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #3543
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I'm so sorry I haven't updated anyone about Jim! It's just no time or energy right now I'm afraid.
On Thursday last week they transferred him from the hospital in the city (and hour and half from here) to Hondo (about 20 minutes!). That's so much easier on me now. He's in what they call a Skilled Nursing Facility but it's actually just one of the nursing homes there. He'll be getting occupation and physical therapy both. The stroke affected his left side of his body......leg and hand. Also a some peripheral vision. His leg seems to be getting better some and he's not running into walls when he uses the walker as much. His hand isn't cooperating so much but they're working with it. He just doesn't have control over where it needs to go. You never realize how much you need both hands until you don't have them - like getting dressed and things like that. His mood........not good as he doesn't want to be where he is at all. Said he's tired of being around all those OLD people! LOL!!! I told him since he was 77 now he's going to fit in better than he thinks! HA! Every day is a mental challenge with him but........They plan on keeping him 7 to 14 days - if he doesn't just decide he's walking out of there before that! Yikes! I'm ok but extremely tired all the time. I try to stay up there as much as I can since I know he's lonesome and just has nothing to do at all. I am able to take Rambo up there and visit with him though and that seems to be a bright spot in his day. I pretty much run on an empty gas tank all day long and then at night have trouble going to sleep with everything running through my mind. Guess that's part of it though. I am trying to take care of myself though and hopefully am doing ok with that. It's going to be a challenge when he comes home but since I know he'll feel better, I will too. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and I'll be back when I can.
Thanks for the update Lynn. My prayers continue to be said for you and Jim. As long as he follows doctor's orders and works on his therapy, sounds like he should be okay. He just needs to relearn how to do things with a different part of his brain. I had a good friend that had a minor stroke about 2-3 years ago. She's doing very well now, but does walk a little slower, but not much keeps her down. Glad that you are able to take Rambo for a visit with Jim. I hope you can get yourself calmed down more and be able to get some rest. You're going to need all the strength you can get in the coming months. More prayers.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #3544
Mad Swapper

Lynn you can be assured that I am praying for you and Jim - it's not an easy road you have there. So glad to hear he can walk and is getting the therapy he needs. Pity about the 'old' company. DH is also a reluctant patient, and would think the same in that situation, despite the fact he is of a similar age .
Thanks for the update - {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 08-05-2015, 05:21 AM   #3545

That being said, my Wednesday is going to be FABULOUS
because you, my friends, are fabulous!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #3546
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning to all of my Stamping Friends. I hope you have an awesome, fantastic, wonderful and happy hump day!

Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 AM   #3547

Oh YES!!! It IS a Happy Wednesday!!! I Smoochy! Thank you, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 AM   #3548

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #3549
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies-Have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #3550
Quacker Stamper

Boss came back a day early athough he wasn't at the office too long. He came in about 9:45 and then left at 10:20, not saying where he was going so I didn't even know he left the office until later. This morning I had put lunch on the calendar for him to take our paralegal out for her birthday. He hadn't seen it because he didn't look at his calendar this morning. He looked last night, but nothing was on there then. I finally called him about 11:45 and he came back and picked us up and we went to lunch. Went to a new Chinese place and it was really yummy. I took 1/2 of it back to the office for lunch tomorrow. We got back to the office about 1:15 and then he stayed until 4 and then left. He has a couple things going on tomorrow morning and I don't see if staying for the whole day since they are leaving on their cruise on Sunday and I'm sure he's doing things getting ready for that.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #3551
Quacker Stamper

I had a real treat when I got home last night. I'm trying to raise Monarch butterflies. They're endangered. I started last year but didn't have any luck. This year I bought a bunch more plants and figured out how to make a tent for the caterpillars using a tomato cage and netting. There have not been too many butterflies around and not many caterpillars either. I did find 3 and put them in the tent and wrapped it up pretty good, only not good enough. I came home one night and there were 2 wasps that had somehow gotten in the test and killed the caterpillars and couldn't get out. I got my fly swatter and swatted them inside until I knocked them out a bit and then I got them out of the tent and killed the both. They are a natural predator of the Monarch caterpillars. I see them all the time flying around my milkweed plants and have killed a couple of them outside. Anyway, I took one of my other plants and was getting it ready in case I found some more caterpillars and then I saw one on the plant so I got it all tented up and made sure the netting was tucked into the pot around the cage and clipped it everywhere so the wasps could not get back in there. Surprise to me, I ended up finding 4 caterpillars on my plants and unfortunately 1 died but the other 3 have grown up and last weekend each of them made a cocoon. The information says it usually takes 10-14 days to become a butterfly, but it's only been 7-8 days. I had put the tent on my patio where I could keep an eye on it. When the first cocoon appeared at the top, I made a tent with tissue paper and clipped it all around the top so no bugs could get at the cocoon to harm it. I ended up with 3 cocoons. When I got home last night, I saw that the cage had fallen over. I had 2 big bricks on either side, but I think one of the cats got on the window sill behind it and may have accidentally tipped it over. I looked and the cocoons were okay but I also had one that had hatched and I had a beautiful Monarch butterfly. I took some pictures and then opened up the tent and coaxed it out so it could take off and fly away! I sure hope it finds someone's Milkweed to lay its eggs on to make some more caterpillars. It didn't seem to stick around my house. The other two should be ready to come out by the weekend I would think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (2).jpg (66.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (18.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (55.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (32.8 KB, 3 views)
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #3552
Quacker Stamper

So, what do you think about this? I left work early and got home about 5 and put the sprinkler on the lawn and shrubs out front. My flowers around my tree don't look so good. Anyway I put it so it was rotating North to South so it would hit most of my front lawn and the shrubs. So when I went out an hour later, it was going East to West. Someone actually came in my yard and moved my sprinkler!!!!! That is one problem with my house. My bedroom is in the front and I'm in my computer room which is in the back, so I can't see the front yard unless I"m in my bedroom. I can see a little from the living room, but not all of it. Guess from now on, I'm going to have to sit in my living room when I watering the front yard to keep an eye on it.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #3553
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello! I have good news- Katie was offered a job today- a brand new Charter school. Yippee- looks like it is beautiful and everything is top notch too. She is very excited!

I am headed to my folks tomorrow AM and will be back Monday night. I will do my best to get to blogs. Stampfest is in Cinci, but I am not sure if I will go or not- I will buy things I do not need.......

Maggie- love the pics of the butterfly- I did not know monarch butterflies were endangered. Fun you got to go out for lunch on your boss too.

Lynn- I will keep you and Jim in prayers too- I would go so stir crazy if I had to stay in the hospital or in a rehab as well.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Old 08-07-2015, 05:49 AM   #3554

Oh my goodness... the butterfly is gorgeous, Maggie. You did so well keeping the cocoons safe! And I would not be happy about someone coming in my yard and moving my sprinkler. Why would someone even do that? Weird!

Shelly, congrats to your DD! Woo Hoo! I'm so glad she got a job! Travel safely! We will miss you!

Barb, I did have a terrific Thursday. How was yours?

Waving to everyone else... I'm rushing through this morning. We leave in about an hour to take DD to St. Louis to the airport. She's excited about heading back to her beloved Alaska!

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #3555
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday. I am heading to the Apple Store this morning as I have an appointment for them to look at my phone as it sure does not keep a charge. This afternoon I have hostess club--yay! We are heading out of town early tomorrow morning and will not be back until late Sunday. Have a fantastic day and a great weekend!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #3556
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great pictures Maggie!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #3557
Mad Swapper

Hi all - I have neither frozen or drowned, but the weather is trying hard to do one or the other!!! It is really unsettled and we are getting winds off the Antarctic, and snow only and hour or so south of us

Maggie your butterflies were gorgeous - the wasps can get them here too you were really committed to them to cover them all like that. How weird to have somebody move your sprinkler.....

Hope you enjoy your travels Barb and Shelly, and that Jeanette's DD travels safely to Alaska - good to know she is loving her job and life there.

How wonderful Shelly to know you daughter is settled with a job now.

I am enjoying what summer cards etc that you are managing to blog, Kristie.

Waving at Kel and Darlene from down here
Old 08-08-2015, 04:52 AM   #3558

Hope you're having a great weekend, Barb!

Maxine, Yikes! That is some weather you're having! Take care!

I am thinking of all of the Stamp Addicts. It's been quieter than usual here in the thread lately. I hope everyone's doing okay!

Well........... we got DD to the airport yesterday. She's now in a hotel in Seattle... and will travel to Gustavuz, Alaska this afternoon where she is going to spend a few days visiting her friends and sightseeing a part of Alaska she hasn't seen before. She'll leave there on Tuesday to head to Anchorage. And then on Wednesday she will head back to her village.

Today is going to be busy here - I need to get my lesson plans finished up for tomorrow's lesson. EEK!

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #3559
Insane Embellisher

Lynn - so glad to hear an update! Thank you for taking the time since we were quite worried. I hope the therapy helps Jim so he can get around and use his hand better. That is so neat that Rambo can visit him. I am sure that helps a lot!

Waving hi to all. We've got messes everywhere. My backyard is a mess, the basement is a mess and now I am trying to clean out the dining room so we can use it for an early bday celebration next Friday. Hopefully I can update more tomorrow. We've had our hands in a lot of things lately!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:49 AM   #3560
Pearl-ExPert

Breezing through again. Jim came home from the re-hab yesterday morning. Needless to say it was not only a long day but also a long night. This is really taking a lot of adjustment for both of us. I seem to be very tired a lot but guess that's expected. Jim's doing pretty good. Hopefully we'll be able to get into some type of routine around here and I'll start some blogging again soon. Hope everyone is doing good.
mcschmidty likes this post.