Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #3481
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
TGIF!

Week 2 of Summer hours are done. I can't say I'm really enjoying them yet though. I'm too tired by Friday afternoon to do much! I did go on the elliptical but that's it. Maybe by next week, I'll get in the groove of being more productive. I also had a few bad days this week, the humidity was awful and I stupidly tried to work out when the room wasn't cool enough. Lesson learned and yesterday and today were much better.

We started leaving Amber loose while we are working, beginning with last Friday since it was my short day. She has been doing really well. No messes or destroying anything. I hope she is happier being able to stretch out on the couch or chair than being cooped up.

I fell behind on my Christmas in July project but am determined to still get 31 cards done by month's end. I am not sure I even need all of those cards lol. I haven't sent cards out in a few years and already have quite a stash! I do own tons of Christmas stamps though and want to use them I am going to a crop on August 1st and already started pulling stuff for my next theme - a month of summer cards.

On Monday, I turned in my resignation for Stampin' Up. I've been debating for at least 6 months and decided to just go for it. I can always sign back up if I miss it....but honestly have not touched most of my purchases for the last two quarters so it was time. I did contact a local demo and plan to attend a class or two in the fall once the holiday catalog comes out. I think I may make a better occasional customer than a demo.

Maxine - I hope your surgery went well and that recovery will be easy. The frost pictures were neat, as long as it stays there. I'm not ready for that yet again! Glad you had a good time at the craft expo. Enjoy all your new stuff once you are able to craft!

Maggie - Oh what a bummer on the freezer. Glad you noticed though and were able to get a lot of the food cooked up. I think giving up the DT where you don't get to interact with them is a good idea. If you want more time for your own crafts, it makes sense to pare down.

Kelly - Wow! Lucky you with those wins. Enjoy the new markers, paper & stamp set!

Shelly - Glad you enjoyed your time away!

Darlene - Good to see you popping in.

Barb - Have a great time in DC! Sounds like you have a lot to do there. It's awesome that you get to travel so much!

Waving hi to Lynn, Kel and Jeanette!
Be careful with working out in the heat, Kristie; that can be very dangerous. And always make sure you have some water nearby so you can rehydrate as necessary.

I'm hoping now that I'm giving up one of my DT positions that I'll have more time for my personal stuff including making my Christmas cards so I'm not working like crazy come Thanksgiving trying to get them all done. I got an e-mail from SU telling me I was in pending yet again! There are a few things that I want to get out of the new catalog, so I"ll probably place an order. Not sure if it will be enough to get me through this latest pending.

I got my last card done for the CK challenge. It'll be my last one. This one was fun because we didn't have an image from a sponsor and was able to use whatever we wanted. The theme is paper piecing. I had gotten some Julie Netting Paper Doll stamps and wanted to use one. It was fun and I learned that I could use the SU Ultrasmoth Vanilla to stamp it on and still use my Copic Markers on it. I wanted the c/s color to give her the base for her skin color which I think it did nicely and then I just added some shading to it. I used to love playing paper dolls when I was a kid so these are really fun to play with.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #3482
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning!

Not sure what we are up to this weekend. My stepdad needs to straighten out our electrical but Mike never firmed up plans with him. We want to add an outlet to our new back porch but need to move some things around on the breaker box first. We didn't realize we had so many things on one breaker.

I just found out about a food festival at the outlets near my LSS. So tempted to go! My fave fry truck will be there and the LSS is holding stuff for me. I'm supposed to go to Kohl's with my Mom and was thinking of going to the mall but that's the opposite direction.

It's nice having a weekend with no set schedule but it drives me crazy too because I like having structure, if I am going to do something.

Time to make a few phone calls so we don't just sit here all day waiting for Mom or my stepdad to call/show up!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends
I'd love to have an electrical outlet outside in the front so I could plug in Christmas lights. I'd like to have one on the patio too, but both of those are big bucks with hiring an electrician.

Hope you're able to get things done that you want.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #3483
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello from hot--hot--HOT Washington DC! Temps are in the high 90's today. We arrived yesterday without any issues--and that is always a good thing! We took the metro to our hotel and I bought an unlimited week pass to use while we are here. In the afternoon, I got alerts on my phone that there was a huge storm rolling through at home--seek shelter, heavy rains, flooding, etc. That is a bit unnerving when those come and you are miles away! But roomie called her sister to go and check on things and to call us if anything was wrong--no news is good news so far! We walked to the National Zoo yesterday and it sure was crowded, so we only walked around for maybe 45 minutes. Roomie has a class all day today and tonight we have a special event at the Spy Museum! I went shopping today and took the train to the Fashion Centre--a huge 4 story mall. Bought a couple of pair of shorts in a new size--I have actually gone down 3-4 sizes in the last 9-10 months, so that is a good thing!

Have a fantastic rest of the day and great start to a new week!
Sorry about the rain at home, but aren't you glad that you're not there! Sounds like you are making the most of your time in DC. Have fun. Oh, and congrats on the weight loss!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #3484
Insane Embellisher

Congrats on the weight loss, Barb, and being able to buy some new shorts in that smaller size! Glad you are enjoying your time in DC, despite the icky heat.

Maggie - Looking forward to seeing your paper dolls card. One of the gals at the LSS loves them and always has fun cards to share.

This has been a good weekend but way too short, as always LOL! Mike and my stepdad got the electrical straightened out and added the outlet to the back deck. Now he just needs to add power to the back room, but we weren't around and my nephew was going there today so he'll probably come next weekend.

While they were doing that, my Mom and I went shopping. I got two pairs of pants for work that fit nicely. I was hoping to wait on that purchase and size down but I need them now and it was a good deal with the sale + 30% off. I also got some workout clothes, new bath towels and accessories. Then today, Mike and I went there and got new dishes & flatware. I ordered additional dishes online since they didn't have enough in the store and got new glasses too. Friday marks 6 years since we purchased our house and since we are in a much better financial position, I wanted to get stuff that I liked, not based on the cost. When we got the house, we got the bare basics that we could afford (even with gift cards,had to make them stretch!). It felt really good to just go pick out stuff, although it was still reasonable. After all the sale/discounts, we spent a little under $200. Now to get it all washed and in the cabinet! We have a lot of random plates that Mike brought with him. We'll donate those and move our old stuff into the "extras" spot.

Before Kohls, we went to the food truck festival. I got to see the fry guy and had cheesy bacon fries and there was a meatball cart there. I went there twice lol. They were delicious! We also stopped at the LSS so I could refill a few markers and pick up MFT stuff they were holding for me.

Time to go get lunch made for the week and relax a bit before bed time. I may try to get another Christmas card done but not sure.
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #3485
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Another weekend gone! Summer seems to be flying by way to quickly!

I am working this weekend, so do not usually plan much, but this weekend
had quite a bit going on. I met up with some friends that were in town- about an hour from my house, so went to Skokie last night to meet up with them for dinner and ended up staying at their hotel overnight- was fun to catch up. Today, we spent the afternoon at an old quarry that is filled in with water and is now called the Beach. It is pretty huge- water slides and diving boards, sand area and sprinkler areas for kids and lots of grass to relax in.

Working again tomorrow...... So jealous of you ladies who are retired!

Barb- congrats on your weight loss- awesome- and hope you are staying cool- that is HOT!!!

Kelly- Oh dear- bless you! It will be OK- keep praying instead of feeling anxious! Your talented daughter- it will be OK : ) Congrats to her too- such a fun and exciting time as well!

Maxine- hope the healing is going as scheduled and that your symptoms are relieved! You are a trooper to do the Lt handed computer looking and commenting!

Maggie- so sorry about the mess with all of the meat- cool that you could cook it all and vacuum seal it and use it later. We have a freezer in the garage, and lost an entire freezer of beef a number of years ago- what a mess! I have a few more months on my DT and then I think I will step down and focus on using my 'unused' stamps and neglected supplies. I hope your stepping down will make your schedule better!

Kristie- sounds like a fun weekend. Fun when you can buy things to dress up your house- and it is so fun to get a bargain too.

Waving hello to everyone else : )

Shelly
Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 AM   #3486
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts! Remember me?

I can't believe the last time I was here on the threads was the 4th of July! YIKES!

Had out-of-state company, went to a conference... and then a trip, had a death in the family. So I've been MIA. And I have a trip planned for the end of this week (a conference in Chicago) so Im scurrying around to get everything done so I can leave again. LOL!

Whew! Did I miss anything? (I dont have time to read the threads, so if I missed something important, please let me know.)

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #3487
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning. Happy Monday!

We went to the Spy Museum last night as the conference had a reception there--appetizers, beverages and a self-guided tour. It was quite interesting. I plan to stay around the hotel today and maybe didn't some time at the pool as it is to be hot again.

Have an awesome start to the new week.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #3488
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls!

So much chatter - LOVE! ♥

Oh Maggie! I didn't know you wanted a Julie Nutting stamp - I just sold 4 of them when my daughter had her dog rescue fundraiser. I would have sent one of them to you. They ended up being huge, only used one of them once for what I needed it for (newsprint - works awesome!)

I leave tomorrow, so I wanted to stop in before we go. I have to admit - not only am I struggling with dd leaving for college, but I'm struggling in general with where she will be! She was not given a dorm assignment even with our deposit and security payment ~ they said they have 66K incoming new freshmen, 7K dorms. Hello! Now most of those new students live in area, and not all need one, but what bothered me so much is the kids that live 15 minutes away were given as much priority as those, like us, that live 5 hours away! They wanted the 'going away to college experience' but live down the block. It's not first come first serve, it's random. So we ask, how is she supposed to attend school there?!! So many things have gone wrong since she accepted this school, as they say "I can't even." I keep telling myself it will be okay, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! school starts in a month!!! I'm so disappointed. Nothing was explained to us that this could happen. This is the final straw for dh, and he is so upset (and he's the calm one!)

Tomorrow I have appointments lined up to see apartments near the campus but as dh says, that is not an option. If we don't find something for her, she will lose an entire semester and won't start until Spring. Lord, pray for my patience and sanity. I'm so not going into this with a full heart or happy smile! I'll be at registration/orientation for 3 days and scrambling in between 'free time' zipping around town figuring out what to do!

I appreciate prayer, if you can spare it!

Hugs all around x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #3489
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Congrats on the weight loss, Barb, and being able to buy some new shorts in that smaller size! Glad you are enjoying your time in DC, despite the icky heat.

Maggie - Looking forward to seeing your paper dolls card. One of the gals at the LSS loves them and always has fun cards to share.

This has been a good weekend but way too short, as always LOL! Mike and my stepdad got the electrical straightened out and added the outlet to the back deck. Now he just needs to add power to the back room, but we weren't around and my nephew was going there today so he'll probably come next weekend.

While they were doing that, my Mom and I went shopping. I got two pairs of pants for work that fit nicely. I was hoping to wait on that purchase and size down but I need them now and it was a good deal with the sale + 30% off. I also got some workout clothes, new bath towels and accessories. Then today, Mike and I went there and got new dishes & flatware. I ordered additional dishes online since they didn't have enough in the store and got new glasses too. Friday marks 6 years since we purchased our house and since we are in a much better financial position, I wanted to get stuff that I liked, not based on the cost. When we got the house, we got the bare basics that we could afford (even with gift cards,had to make them stretch!). It felt really good to just go pick out stuff, although it was still reasonable. After all the sale/discounts, we spent a little under $200. Now to get it all washed and in the cabinet! We have a lot of random plates that Mike brought with him. We'll donate those and move our old stuff into the "extras" spot.

Before Kohls, we went to the food truck festival. I got to see the fry guy and had cheesy bacon fries and there was a meatball cart there. I went there twice lol. They were delicious! We also stopped at the LSS so I could refill a few markers and pick up MFT stuff they were holding for me.

Time to go get lunch made for the week and relax a bit before bed time. I may try to get another Christmas card done but not sure.
Sounds like some great Retail Therapy Kristie.

One of the girls in another blogging group got me started on the Julie Nutting stamps. They are fun. I thought at first they were so big, but I put them on a long card that will fit in a business envelope and it works great. They also have jewelry for her and some accessorsies. I've gotten notice that mine all shipped. They are coming from different vendors through Ebay.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #3490

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh dear me, Kelly! Who would think those sorts of things can happen with college housing. Why would they register that many more students than they have housing without telling parents that it could be there was nowhere for their child to live. Yikes! I'm with your DH on this one............ it's not acceptable way for a college to act! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #3491
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Dropping by for a quick hello......
I am laying on the couch with my back in spasm, so not staying long. It does this every now and again...... I have taken 1/2 of a muscle relaxant and have a pain patch on, if it calms down soon, will do some stretching and hope that helps.....

Kelly- I will says prayers everything works out- that stinks about the housing! There have to be other kids there with the same problem- hope they can network and work together to find a place. I am with Jeanette- they should not let more kids in than they have housing for, or should let people know this could happen.

Kristie- sounds like a fun weekend and a productive shopping trip.

Barb- love your picture at night- so cool! Hope you stay cool : ) Is it cooler at night where you can get out and tour?

Shelly
Old 07-22-2015, 04:54 AM   #3492

Shelly, I'm sure hoping your back is doing better now. *ouch!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #3493
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Wednesday!

We have had a great time so far in DC, even though it has been very hot. We have walked quite a few miles--Monday in Rock Creek Park and yesterday at Teddy Roosevelt Island. I bought a 7 day unlimited Metro pass, so I have been out and about quite a bit--shopping at two malls and just checking out some sights. The conference is done this afternoon, so we are tourists full time then. Tomorrow we will head to the mall area and meet our senator as well as a tour of the Capitol.

I am not sure how much I will be online the rest of the week, so have a great one and I will check in from home on Sunday!
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:05 AM   #3494

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #3495

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #3496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping by for a quick hello......
I am laying on the couch with my back in spasm, so not staying long. It does this every now and again...... I have taken 1/2 of a muscle relaxant and have a pain patch on, if it calms down soon, will do some stretching and hope that helps.....

Kelly- I will says prayers everything works out- that stinks about the housing! There have to be other kids there with the same problem- hope they can network and work together to find a place. I am with Jeanette- they should not let more kids in than they have housing for, or should let people know this could happen.

Kristie- sounds like a fun weekend and a productive shopping trip.

Barb- love your picture at night- so cool! Hope you stay cool : ) Is it cooler at night where you can get out and tour?

Shelly
Shelly, sorry about your back. I hope it's feeling better by now.

I'm shopping for a freezer tomorrow. I've done some research online and it looks like Best Buy may actually be the best buy. I'll go and look at it tomorrow and see it in real life.

I've got to finish up a DT card tonight and get it posted. Then work on some projects. No plans for this weekend except dinner at DD's on Sunday.

Also, heard from DD in CA and it looks like I may be going their for Christmas this year. Only my one DGD that is starting college this year will be home. I was hoping to get to see all of them. They will only be there for Thanksgiving though and I think my SIL's mother will be there for Thanksgiving this year since she'll be at one of the other children's home for Christmas. It's still a little up in the air yet, so I'm not rushing off to buy a ticket yet.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #3497

Good [Late] Morning
Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #3498
Quacker Stamper

Went to Best Buy and bought my freezer. They did have the "best buy" The sales person told me it was $799 and she'd give me 10% off, but I told her it was $599 online so she went and looked it up and gave me the online price, I did also purchase a 5-year warranty since it's going to be out in the garage where it's so much warmer than in the house. It will be delivered on Tuesday, so I guess 1/2 day off, but they will call on Monday to let me know if it will be am or pm.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #3499
Mad Swapper

Well done Maggie. That was a great buy. I have kept up with the thread, but that's about all of late as we have hardly been home, it feels. I hope to get here later today and let you all know some great news . I am writing this on my phone, in bed before we start the day..... Better run. Waving at you all, scattered around and travelling as you are.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #3500
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that was a good deal on the freezer! Yep, things get a little toasty in the garage in this heat we're having.
Kelly, hope you got everything sorted out with your daughter having housing at school.
Maxine, can't wait to hear the good news.
Shelly, hope the back is better.
Jeanette and Barb - we're going to have to get y'all roller skates they way you scoot all over. Waving hi to everyone else.

I took off last week from blogging, commenting and just general computer stuff. Felt wonderful too! I was in need of a break from it all to clear out the mind I guess. Stayed busy anyway as the garden is in full swing. Canning beans and tomatoes and putting up squash almost daily. Keeps me out of trouble I guess! LOL!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #3501
Mad Swapper

Hi all,

The great news is that Jordan is doing amazingly well - we spent some time with his grandparents this past week after a funeral, and he is making steady progress, and after a day of extensive testing, has been allowed to drive again!!!! As yet they do not know the final outcome in the way of permanent damage, but his progress is exceptional.

The assailant has chosen trial by jury, even against his lawyers advice, and at this point it looks as though he may get time, the evidence against him is so damming.

My hand is healing well, and I am starting to type with both hands again for brief periods.

Loving keeping up with you all - waving from a damp day down under.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #3502
Pearl-ExPert

That really IS great news Maxine!! Fantastic!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:13 AM   #3503
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies! Home again! Briefly anyway, as we leave again on Thursday! Can't seem to stay home, even when I am home! LOL!

Drove home in torrential rain, a literal monsoon, for over 2.5 hours - praying and terrified! And I found out a few hours before I even got home that *I* was hosting a dinner party BIL decided he wanted us to meet his new gf he flew into town and have dinner - at our house. And -oh - I'm bringing 4 guests!" I can't even begin to tell you the level of exhaustion I was on, and then to clean house/prepare a humble meal ...... the stuff patience is made of, I tell you.

Maxine -- I'm a pleased to see that you are doing better and Jordan - Praise God! He's on my mind often and glad to see the responsible party will be held accountable. May justice prevail and may Jordan continue to do so well!

I need to catch up and read backwards but wanted to wave while I'm home and able! *waving!*
Old 07-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #3504
Insane Embellisher

Kelly, so glad you made it home okay in that rain! Oh my on having to host a dinner party the same night. I hope it went well. Were you able to find out any more on DD's housing? It's so awful that it got dropped on you all like that!

Maxine, I am so happy you are doing better and how fantastic that Jordan has progressed so much!! So amazing that he is able to resume activities like driving.

Maggie, way to go on getting the deal on the freezer. Best Buy is our store of choice when we need to get most things. Sometimes we check Sears or Home Depot, depending on what it is we are looking for.

Barb, I hope the rest of your DC vacation was wonderful. The picture you shared was awesome!!

Jeanette, you are a busy bee too! I hope you have a chance to slow down and enjoy some downtime soon.

Shelly, Hope you back is doing better by now.

Lynn, good to see you pop in. Sometimes a break from technology is a good thing. I've been trying to cut back some too so I can get more crafting done. It seems to be working.

Waving hi to Darlene and Kel!

We have had a busy weekend. Yesterday we went to a fundraiser lunch at Outback for a program that one of Mike's cousins runs for feral cats in the next town over. We ran into another cousin and my MIL there with a few other people so we all sat together. It was a good time surprisingly lol. The cousin and MIL wanted us to come swimming at the cousin's (who lives two streets over from us), so after we ran a few errands we changed into our suits and walked over. The pool felt so good! It's been a few years since we have gone swimming.

We went out to breakfast this morning and then up to my parents. My sister, BIL and Kaleb were there for a visit and I brought Kaleb a Minions playdoh set I picked up a few weeks ago. We had a lot of fun playing with it. He is finally getting to the point where he can sit still for a little while doing an activity like that.

I am hoping to catch up on more Christmas cards and get a workout on the elliptical in before the day is done.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #3505
Pearl-ExPert

Quick note as I'm exhausted and goin to bed. Jim had a stroke last night. He's in the hospital in the city. Need some prayers. Sorry I didn't get around to blogs. Will catch up when I can
Old 07-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #3506
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - be assured of my prayers - and here are some gentle cyber {{{{{hugs}}}} for you too.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #3507

I'm late getting here today... been on the phone all morning. Yikes! What a way to start the day!

Oh no! Lynn, I am sorry to hear of Jim's health situation. Am praying, dear friend... for both of you! (((HUGS)))

Kelly, you are a SAINT! Instead of cleaning/cooking after the trip you had, I'd have told BIL to treat the whole family at a favorite eatery... because my home/kitchen was closed!

Maxine, I'm glad to hear of the progress being made!

Kristie, it's good to see you! Sounds like you've been busy!

Maggie, glad you found the freezer you wanted... and the price you wanted, too!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #3508
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all,

The great news is that Jordan is doing amazingly well - we spent some time with his grandparents this past week after a funeral, and he is making steady progress, and after a day of extensive testing, has been allowed to drive again!!!! As yet they do not know the final outcome in the way of permanent damage, but his progress is exceptional.

The assailant has chosen trial by jury, even against his lawyers advice, and at this point it looks as though he may get time, the evidence against him is so damming.

My hand is healing well, and I am starting to type with both hands again for brief periods.

Loving keeping up with you all - waving from a damp day down under.
So glad to hear that good news about Jordan. He has still been in my prayers. Hopefully, justice will be served and the assailant will get what is coming to him.

Glad to hear your hand is doing well and you're almost back to your old typing self! Wish it were a damp day here - just hot and dry, but talking about maybe rain at the end of the week. I'm going to have a humongous water bill with all the watering I'm having to do.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #3509
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi ladies! Home again! Briefly anyway, as we leave again on Thursday! Can't seem to stay home, even when I am home! LOL!

Drove home in torrential rain, a literal monsoon, for over 2.5 hours - praying and terrified! And I found out a few hours before I even got home that *I* was hosting a dinner party BIL decided he wanted us to meet his new gf he flew into town and have dinner - at our house. And -oh - I'm bringing 4 guests!" I can't even begin to tell you the level of exhaustion I was on, and then to clean house/prepare a humble meal ...... the stuff patience is made of, I tell you.

Maxine -- I'm a pleased to see that you are doing better and Jordan - Praise God! He's on my mind often and glad to see the responsible party will be held accountable. May justice prevail and may Jordan continue to do so well!

I need to catch up and read backwards but wanted to wave while I'm home and able! *waving!*
OMG! Your are Saint Kelly! I'm afraid I would have not been so gracious after that trip you had to make and then have a dinner party dumped on you.

DId you get DD all settled in an apartment or dorm room?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #3510
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Quick note as I'm exhausted and goin to bed. Jim had a stroke last night. He's in the hospital in the city. Need some prayers. Sorry I didn't get around to blogs. Will catch up when I can
Oh, Lynn, so sorry to hear that. I will for sure have him and you in my prayers for a complete recovery! I hope that he'll do well on meds and be back home soon.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #3511
Quacker Stamper

I had a quiet weekend. Went to DD's house for dinner last night. She made some awesome chocolate cupcakes for dessert which had pureed avocado in them. Couldn't tell a bit but they were very moist. Since I'm pretty much off sweets, it was good to have a little treat.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #3512
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--Back to Reality!!!!!!

We did have a great time on our trip--lots and lots and lots of walking. I had close to 20,000 steps on my Garmin most days--and that was in the high temperatures too. We saw many of the memorials and sights, but there are so many to visit, that you really have to be selective. We got home around 11:00 Saturday night and I spent all day yesterday catching up with thing around the house.

I am headed to the stamp room in a bit--I hope I remember how to get inky-on cardstock and not on my skin! Have a Marvelous Monday and a great start to the new week!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #3513
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn, many prayers. I'm so sorry to hear your news and wish the best and many hugs.

Maggie, my daughter makes a homemade chocolate ice cream with no chocolate! It's made with frozen bananas and scrumptious! It's vegetarian (uses milk) but for vegans, the sketch is almond milk. It tastes remarkably like a Wendy's shake ❤️

I did get dd squared away! Long story. Will update soon!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #3514
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Oh dear Lynn- so sorry to hear the news- Please keep us posted- it usually takes three days until they can tell you what is going on with a stroke. Jim - and you and family- will be in prayers! You have had a rough year with his health : (

Barb- I think DC takes lots of time to see the sights- I would love to go back! I have still NOT gone through our pictures- I should get that done..... There are so many places on my list I would

Kelly- glad you got your daughters housing set up. I would have a fit if I had been gone for days and came home and had to cook for 6 plus the family. Wow, Ray would probably end up putting something on the grill...... Did you enjoy the evening and the company?

Maggie- way to go on the freezer- way to get a good deal too. I cannot imagine the taste of avacado and chocolate....

Kristie- you have been busy- I cannot keep up with your Christmas card making- good for you! Wonderful to get on the elliptical too.

Jeanette- good to see you popping in. Lots going on here! You have been really on the run- sounds like it is all good.

Maxine- so cool that Jordan is improving and driving- so cool! I hope that the trial does not drag out and that justice is found. So sad that kids make these choices- not sure what possesses a kid to behave like that!
Glad your hand is improving- hope you are finding relief.

Waving hi to Darlene and Kel- wonder how the job and all is working out.

Back is slowly improving- still sore. Ray ended up painting the bathroom this weekend- not me. It is coming along toilet is in and we have to finish putting in the medicine cabinet/mirror, lighting and towel bar. Then, will have to decide if the shower curtain will go in the new space- not sure. We start the final bathroom soon.....

China is trying to talk Katie into coming back- she told them she had to be home for Christmas if she goes back and is waiting to hear. They will give her more $$$ and pay for her plane ticket..... She has had job interviews, but no job offers- other than Sylvan learning center- they offered her a job as director instead of tutoring- she said no..... She has a school interview on Thursday (second) they picked 7 out of 15 and are working to pick the best 4, then the best 2 then 1...... Please pray I want her to stay HERE!!!

Off to bed- working again tomorrow.

Shelly
Old 07-28-2015, 05:30 AM   #3515

Good Morning Friends!

Maggie, I'm thinking I'd rather have my avocado as an avocado. I love those things!!!

Welcome home, Barb! Where did the ink end up?

Kelly, I'm sure the story you have to tell will be fascinating. You can sure weave a tale, as my G'pa used to say.

Shelly, I can imagine how much you want Katie to stay. China is a long way off. Will be praying for interviews, decisions, etc. (((HUGS)))

I'm excited! DD comes back here/home today! She's been gone over a week - to Mississippi and Louisiana visiting friends. She and I will go to Missouri to see my parents later this week. Go, go, GO!

And because I'll be gone three days this week, right now it's pretty busy here getting everything done, including the plans to teach this Sunday's Bible study. EEK! So much to do, so little time!

Oh, and then yesterday, DH's tomatoes decided it's finally time to produce ripe tomatoes in abundance. He brought home 11 HUGE boxes of them and was a little put out with me because I said I don't have time to can them... unless he wanted me to give up the trip to take DD to see my parents, which he didn't. He sure wasn't happy about giving them all away.

Shucks! I should have had him take them to Saint Kelly's house. She would have preserved them, I'm sure.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #3516
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning All--I did get to the stamp room yesterday, but did not get inky. I seemed to get side-tracked and did some other things there.......................... Oh well--heading there this morning and will get inky for sure!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #3517
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh Lynn, many prayers. I'm so sorry to hear your news and wish the best and many hugs.

Maggie, my daughter makes a homemade chocolate ice cream with no chocolate! It's made with frozen bananas and scrumptious! It's vegetarian (uses milk) but for vegans, the sketch is almond milk. It tastes remarkably like a Wendy's shake ❤️

I did get dd squared away! Long story. Will update soon!
Do you use an ice cream freezer to make it? I'd love the recipe and probably my DD would like to have it too.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #3518
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maggie- way to go on the freezer- way to get a good deal too. I cannot imagine the taste of avacado and chocolate....

Back is slowly improving- still sore. Ray ended up painting the bathroom this weekend- not me. It is coming along toilet is in and we have to finish putting in the medicine cabinet/mirror, lighting and towel bar. Then, will have to decide if the shower curtain will go in the new space- not sure. We start the final bathroom soon.....

China is trying to talk Katie into coming back- she told them she had to be home for Christmas if she goes back and is waiting to hear. They will give her more $$$ and pay for her plane ticket..... She has had job interviews, but no job offers- other than Sylvan learning center- they offered her a job as director instead of tutoring- she said no..... She has a school interview on Thursday (second) they picked 7 out of 15 and are working to pick the best 4, then the best 2 then 1...... Please pray I want her to stay HERE!!!

Off to bed- working again tomorrow.

Shelly
Really, you can't taste the avocado at all. It's a recipe from the cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld - Deceptively Delicious. She makes all kinds of recipes that use vegetables disguised in them.

Sorry your back is still bothering you. What are you doing for it? Ice/Heat/massage? Glad that you're almost done with the bathrooms. They are probably the most important room in any house.

Oh my! Does she want to go back? Did she ask for the holiday off thiking that they wouldn't give it to her? It does sound like they want her back there. I guess if she gets a really good offer here then she'll know she should stay. Why didn't she want the director's job at Sylvan?

Got the freezer installed this morning. They had called and said it would be between 10 & 2. Lucky I was on the early end. They called at 10 this morning to say it would be 30-40 minutes and I think they got there in about 45. One of the guys that was taking myh old chest freezer out said that they don't usually take them if they are stinky inside. It still had some nasty water in it that I didn't want to drain in my garage. He said that he'd go ahead and take it for me anyway. Otherwise I would just have put it outside for the heavy trash pickup although that wouldn't be until the end of August. Great that it's gone. Wow! The new one is 16.6 cu.f. I thought that would be medium size and turns out it's larger than the one I have now! The instructions say to let it run for 4 hours before putting anything in to it, so it should be ready by the time I get home. I have to be careful though and not put my car too far into the garage or I won't be able to open the door! Before I had a chest freezer and it opened up and not out. I did get to spend some time in my stamp room waiting this morning and almost finished up my ATC swap.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #3519

My DD heads back to Alaska in just over a week, so she and I are leaving early tomorrow morning to head out of state to visit my parents. They are going to be so excited to see her! (They don't know we're coming - my sister who lives a block from them and I are coordinating this surprise).

I won't be back here in the threads until next week. Try to stay cool and find some time to play! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #3520
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--I did get inky yesterday and got my big stamping project done! I am off to run a few errands and will probably not be back online until the weekend. Our friends from Colorado are coming later today. We are going to a Brewers game tomorrow night and Friday is the 6th annual golf outing in Green Bay that was initially organized by one of my college roommates which benefits ovarian cancer. We are not sure if we are staying overnight in Green Bay Friday night with Wendy and Pat as they are having breakfast with Pat's brother. They had back home Saturday night from O'Hare.

Have a great day and rest of the week and weekend!