Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #3441
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon Hope everyone is having a great week.

Shelly, sorry about the granite. I hope you were able to find a piece that you like. I've only been to DC once and that was a really long time ago when my X-DH and I were still together. I think my youngest was just a baby and we were on a roadtrip to New Jersey to visit my parents.

The Zyrtec does that to me too which is why I take it at night. I haven't the last 2 nights and have been having a hard time sleeping through the night. Last night I woke up 3 times before it was time to get up. If by chance I get off of it and on to something else for my allergies, I'm going to speak to my doctor about my sleeping issues.

That's so sweet that your dad is planning a party for your mom. I hope my card gets there before her birthday.

Maxine, I hope you enjoy the craft show and can find some fun stuff to bring hom.

Barb, do you play golf or just go to watch? How did it go?

Tonight I have an appt at 6:30 tonight for a redo of my fingerprints for my LTC card. The last ones were rejected. I have such dry skin that it's hard to get good prints from me.

Tomorrow since I have my allergy testing in the morning at 8:30 and they say that takes 2 hours so that will take up my extra time for this wee. I'm hoping that they'll tell me something tomorrow and not tell me I have to make another appointment with my throat doctor to get the results.

Waving Hi to the rest of the Stamp Addicts!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #3442
Mad Swapper

Today is the day ! We are in Auckland, came up yesterday afternoon, had an hilarious evening, laughing I til our sides ached, often at nothing particularly funny ,
My list has lengthened considerably, but will try to stock to it and not get distracted by other goodies. There are nearly 50 vendors there.....
Will let you know how I get on.
Waving to you all from a frosty down under.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #3443
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

We did have a great day. Two of the ladies in our foursome won a hole prize--longest drive and closest to the pin. Our team won a "skin"--so we split $78. However, our team had had the highest score and was in last place--probably due to the fact we were the only all-woman team and our scramble score was even par. Most of the "guys" teams were 10 or more under par! The gave us a funny prize for being the last place team--each of us got a fishing pole as they said we might want to take up a new sport! It was a Hoot!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #3444
SCS RAK Coordinator

My computer is getting checked out from the Geek Squad as I had a black screen this morning instead of my screen saver and it kept freezing up. It is not as easy to use my phone or iPad to post, so I will be limited until I get my laptop back in a few days.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #3445
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am back--did you miss me?! I got my laptop back this afternoon, less than 24 hours of dropping that off. I am impressed with the Geek Squad and happy for their great service. Nothing major wrong--just a bunch of things--105 they said--on my computer that made things a bit wonky.

We went to the farmer's market this morning, a trip to Costco and then a hike in the state forest. Nice weekend where we had no plans..........................
Old 07-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #3446
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Signing in on a beautiful day in Ky : )

We had a nice dinner Friday night and did some sorting and picking up and visiting. Spent time this AM cleaning and getting the porch clean. It is beautiful out, so the party was on the screen porch. Dad invited neighbors and a few people from church- and just served cake and ice cream and other assorted sugar filled treats. I had some trail mix and choc covered Almonds. My brother send an edible arrangement, and we put that out, so there was some fruit as well- that was gobbled up, which is good- the folks could never finish all of that!

Thanks Barb and Maggie- your cards arrived today- and if anyone else sent cards- much appreciated- I will not be here when more arrive. My Mom loves them and is looking at them alot!

Maxine- your trip sounds fabulous- and fun too : ) I think I am going to create my own Misti, I'll see if it works. Look forward to hearing about what goodies you come home with!

Maggie- hope you feel better with your throat. I have a hard time with allergies when it rains- the mold counts go up.

Barb- what a stitch that golf outing had to be- glad you had fun and won some cash! Glad the Geek Squad quickly fixed your computer. I cannot get to SCS to the Forums on my phone- it is such a pain. I just had my year old computer get a new Mother Board- and so happy it was under warranty.

OK- off to try to blog hop.

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #3447
Mad Swapper

I'm back, I'm broke and ridiculously happy after a couple of evening laughing with my girlfriends until my sides ached!!

Did not get a MISTI as they are not in our little country yet - missed on sequins as everybody thought they were too uncool/tiny to bring to a big fair BUT

I got loads of (Memory Box) dies, and I mean loads!! another alcohol ink, some kraft paper (the printer I buy card from in bulk does not have it), some embossing tools, stamps, lace, some purple Inka Gold paint, and loads of inspiration. There are probably things I have forgotten, but that was the bulk of it

We had Thai take away's on Thursday evening, and Chinese on Friday, and some wine . Unfortunately my Sis in law was not well, and one of the group started a respiratory infection while we were there, so just hope the bugs stay away from us.

Better go and make the bread so we have something to eat this evening , oh and also figure out what I will be teaching as a second card on Tuesday....
mcschmidty, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #3448
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, hope your allergy tests went ok.

Barb, so glad you were able to get your computer fixed - and quick too!

Shelly, sounds like your mom had a great birthday with family and friends. I sent a card on Monday but knowing how the pony express is around here guess she hasn't gotten it yet. Glad she had a good one though!

Maxine, wow! Sounds like you made out like a bandit and the craft fair! Also I gather you had a wonderful time too. That's so neat. Now, don't get sick from the infection one of the group had.

All's rocking along just fine in Texas.......I guess no news is good news!
Old 07-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #3449
Mad Swapper

En-route home we stopped for a coffee break, only to discover a 'seconds' fashion shop right next to it, out in the middle of nowhere - I came out with a zip-fronted cardigan of Merino and opossum wools and silk- it is so light, warm and a really pretty blue That was another $200 - oops, not stopping there again for coffee!!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #3450
Mad Swapper

We have been having a series of heavy frosts here - this mornings was the 'warmest' at only -1,7 oC!!
I hope I have been able to correctly attach some photos. One of the snow covered mountains in the central North Island, visible from a hill on the edge of town.
The other two are ice, formed on my son's property thanks to a leaky spouting at their house.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #3451
Mad Swapper

This mornings frost was another heavy one -2oC... We went to Rotorua to collect our new specs this morning, and this is what we saw - hoar frost!! There was still frosto n the ground in the shade on our way back after 1:00p.m.!! Rain is in the forecast so the temperatures will go up shortly....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150713_093551498.jpg (47.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-13-2015, 05:03 AM   #3452
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone!

This is my catch up on life week. Hmmm, wonder why I'm also working my day job if I want to catch up on all the other parts of my life??? hehe

This weekend, 3 bird cages were torn apart, thoroughly cleaned, rearranged (toys, perches, etc.) and relocated to other parts of the house. Gives them and me a change of pace!

Then I rearranged (or started) part of the stamping room that had been used by Bijou during the days. I hope that it gives me more opportunities to use that room in the evenings. It certainly makes it more functional for stamping though, so that's good!

Maxine, it sure sounds like you had a GREAT time shopping and laughing with everyone on your trip! I'm glad for you!

Well, off to tend to my day job for a while. I'm with you Maggie: working interferes with my personal life!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-13-2015, 07:32 AM   #3453
SCS RAK Coordinator

Well--was that Darlene that posted? Yay--glad to see you stop in. Have a fun week!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:38 AM   #3454
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all!

Darlene, good to see you 'pop' in!

Maxine, I am in love with those pictures and the frost - how easy it is to forget when we have 96* weather that you are on the polar opposite of seasons! In my head I'm thinking FROST?! Do be careful and woohoo on all the craft fair buys!

I was SUPER excited last week to read that I won a blog hop - had no idea until the lady contacted me (and we were just getting back home) with a gift package from Spectrum Noir. I wasn't even sure who it was - had to look it up. Packs of ultrasmooth cardstock, box of Spectrum Noir markers - they even sent it express mail after getting my address and it was here the next day. OMGosh, bliss.

Have a good one, girls!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #3455
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday!!!!! I am headed to the stamp room for a bit this morning and then I have a bunch of errands to run later today. We had some storms roll through early this morning and got close to an inch of rain--and we really needed it as it has been pretty dry the past few weeks.

We are heading to Washington DC on Saturday for a week. Roomie has a conference there until Wednesday afternoon and we are extending it for a couple of days to see some sights. We have a meet and greet with our Senator, followed by a Capitol Tour. We also bought tickets online--$1 reservation fee--for the Holocaust Museum as the last time we were there we missed out getting tickets. Yes--I know many of you are thinking--doesn't she ever stay home! This is a "work" trip, though I am not the one working! So--there are a few things to get done this week to get ready!
mcschmidty, mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #3456
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I was running errands pretty much all day yesterday and did not make it to the stamp room at all. Today is a "I am not leaving the house at all" day, so I hope to get quite inky!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #3457
Mad Swapper

Today is the day I will be having my
Carpel Tunnel surgery. You may not see me for a day or so as being on my right hand, I will be out of action for a day or two.
Just to add to it I have brewed up beaut of a cold . I don't fancy blowing my nose with my left hand...
Waving to you all
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #3458
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Whoa Maxine- $200 for a sweater- it sounds delightful : ) Your haul from the show sounds wonderful. I am trying to be good- still moving my craft space, so trying not to buy. Hope you feel well for surgery and that you get relief ASAP!
Do you always make your own bread? Bread machine???

Barb- you really are always on the go- we loved DC- came home pretty exhausted though! Check out the Free walking tours- they really are not free, as we give the tour guide a tip...but they were cool. Really liked the Ford Theater one. The Capitol tour with our Senator was fun too- we got to ride the tunnel tram on the way back, but Congress was in recess when we were there.

Kelly- wow- fun to win a blog hop! Enjoy your goodies : ) Hoping you are having some quiet time to yourself this summer.

Lynn- Thanks again, and yes, the party was a bit of work for us but it was fabulous! My parents neighbors are all wonderful.

Darlene- glad to hear from you- hoping all is well!

Worked today, have the next two off- so have piano, have tutoring, coloring hair (so long gray roots) and hoping some creative time. I enjoy the Christmas in July posts- anyone else thinking about Christmas cards???

Anyone want to do a challenge???

Off to bed
Shelly
Old 07-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #3459
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning to All of You! Have a Wonderful, Wacky Wednesday!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #3460
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY For Wacky Barb! I mean, friends!

I will keep you in prayer, Maxine, and hope you are able to get some rest after your surgery! I'm sure for you it won't be easy to sit still, you are always taking care of everyone and moving all around ♥ Rest up, friend, and let your body heal!

Thanks, Shel - it was a nice win! I keep looking at the package and think I should open this - but I haven't had time to get inky or play so it's safer where it's at I also won a lawn fawn stamp set and die from a random IG post and could not believe it -- what wonderful luck! The stamp set arrived and is so so cute, I just have to get inky this week.

We leave soon to get dd to her college orientation -- she's super excited, us not so much. I'm struggling with her leaving, for more than one reason. But I have to trust that her instinct and level headedness will do better than our fretting. her college is 100% for by us since birth, but she still has to figure out dorm/apartment, books etc and her scholarship wins don't cover all of it. She is walking away from a HUGE scholarship here locally at our university because it doesn't offer what she wants to do. Gasp! But she feels confident in her decision, so we just sit back and ........ pray.
Dh has to work so it will be little man and I and she'll be alone for most of it, which she's very excited. It's a 3 day immersion orientation/camp and they sleep there on campus in the dorms. I'll be at the hotel. With my son in the pool. With a Starbucks. LOL!

School/college starts in a month, people! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Where on earth did Summer go!!

Off to organize ....... happy (wacky!) day!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:09 AM   #3461
Mad Swapper

I am back - typing with just my left hand and having to lean across the cat who thinks my knee is there for him!! I am taking it very quietly Kelly, and all is going well. My cold is thankfully also improving rapidly.
The family are providing main meals, some transport, and moral support

I have been round a few blogs today too - such hard work

Waving to you all with my left hand
mcschmidty, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #3462
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, so glad your hand is all done and starting to get better now! Too hard to type with just our left hand I'm sure. Take care and heal fast now!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #3463
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday. I had a haircut this morning and a stop at the store to get a couple of fruit platters that I am taking to a Humane Society Donor Appreciation event for the new shelter building this afternoon. It should be a nice event!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 07-16-2015 at 09:45 AM..
Old 07-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #3464
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I am back--did you miss me?! I got my laptop back this afternoon, less than 24 hours of dropping that off. I am impressed with the Geek Squad and happy for their great service. Nothing major wrong--just a bunch of things--105 they said--on my computer that made things a bit wonky.

We went to the farmer's market this morning, a trip to Costco and then a hike in the state forest. Nice weekend where we had no plans..........................
I thought I was going to have to take mine in yesterday. When I got up I had a weird message box on my computer and it would not let me log onto the Internet and it wouldn't go away. It had been doing an update. I brought it to the office and had our IT guy look at it. It had something to do with my Norton Anti-Virus. We tried to uninstall it to see if that would help, but we couldn't do that either. Finally after lunch I found the Norton Support Phone No. and called them and the IT guy was able to tell me how to get into Safe Mode so I could access the Internet, then go to the Norton Website and download the uninstaller. Once I got that uninstalled and rebooted, it was working fine. I found out that the cause was that I had 2 anti-virus programs on the computer and the Norton was doing an upgrade getting ready for the new Windows 10 and it would not finish the upgrade with the other anti-virus program on the computer so it just quit. I always thought that the software did 2 different things, but I guess not. Now to figure out which one to keep. I just upgraded my Norton last week, so it may be the one to get rid of.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #3465
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Signing in on a beautiful day in Ky : )

We had a nice dinner Friday night and did some sorting and picking up and visiting. Spent time this AM cleaning and getting the porch clean. It is beautiful out, so the party was on the screen porch. Dad invited neighbors and a few people from church- and just served cake and ice cream and other assorted sugar filled treats. I had some trail mix and choc covered Almonds. My brother send an edible arrangement, and we put that out, so there was some fruit as well- that was gobbled up, which is good- the folks could never finish all of that!

Thanks Barb and Maggie- your cards arrived today- and if anyone else sent cards- much appreciated- I will not be here when more arrive. My Mom loves them and is looking at them alot!

Maxine- your trip sounds fabulous- and fun too : ) I think I am going to create my own Misti, I'll see if it works. Look forward to hearing about what goodies you come home with!

Maggie- hope you feel better with your throat. I have a hard time with allergies when it rains- the mold counts go up.

Barb- what a stitch that golf outing had to be- glad you had fun and won some cash! Glad the Geek Squad quickly fixed your computer. I cannot get to SCS to the Forums on my phone- it is such a pain. I just had my year old computer get a new Mother Board- and so happy it was under warranty.

OK- off to try to blog hop.

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Glad to hear that my card arrived safely and the party sounds like (and looked like) a lovely time. I saw some photos on FB. My throat is doing as well as can be expected. I expect to have this perpetual "frog" in my throat and will just deal with it.

Glad your computer was still under warranty.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #3466
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I'm back, I'm broke and ridiculously happy after a couple of evening laughing with my girlfriends until my sides ached!!

Did not get a MISTI as they are not in our little country yet - missed on sequins as everybody thought they were too uncool/tiny to bring to a big fair BUT

I got loads of (Memory Box) dies, and I mean loads!! another alcohol ink, some kraft paper (the printer I buy card from in bulk does not have it), some embossing tools, stamps, lace, some purple Inka Gold paint, and loads of inspiration. There are probably things I have forgotten, but that was the bulk of it

We had Thai take away's on Thursday evening, and Chinese on Friday, and some wine . Unfortunately my Sis in law was not well, and one of the group started a respiratory infection while we were there, so just hope the bugs stay away from us.

Better go and make the bread so we have something to eat this evening , oh and also figure out what I will be teaching as a second card on Tuesday....
Sounds like a fun time Maxine! Sorry about the Misti not being in your country yet. Did they indicate when it might be available. I'm really wanting some new dies but not sure where I would store them. Still working on thta issue. Hope the SIL and other GF are feeling better by now and that you did not catch the bug!
Old 07-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #3467
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

En-route home we stopped for a coffee break, only to discover a 'seconds' fashion shop right next to it, out in the middle of nowhere - I came out with a zip-fronted cardigan of Merino and opossum wools and silk- it is so light, warm and a really pretty blue That was another $200 - oops, not stopping there again for coffee!!
Wow! And that was a a "seconds" shop. Sounds devine. I'm sure you will enjoy wearing that for years to come.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #3468
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

We have been having a series of heavy frosts here - this mornings was the 'warmest' at only -1,7 oC!!
I hope I have been able to correctly attach some photos. One of the snow covered mountains in the central North Island, visible from a hill on the edge of town.
The other two are ice, formed on my son's property thanks to a leaky spouting at their house.
What beautiful photos! Even the ice ones on your son's property are very striking! The landscape is gorgeous with the mountains in the background.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #3469
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

This mornings frost was another heavy one -2oC... We went to Rotorua to collect our new specs this morning, and this is what we saw - hoar frost!! There was still frosto n the ground in the shade on our way back after 1:00p.m.!! Rain is in the forecast so the temperatures will go up shortly....
Oh, that is so pretty. I like to look at it, but sure glad that I don't happen to live there where it is so cold.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #3470
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone!

This is my catch up on life week. Hmmm, wonder why I'm also working my day job if I want to catch up on all the other parts of my life??? hehe

This weekend, 3 bird cages were torn apart, thoroughly cleaned, rearranged (toys, perches, etc.) and relocated to other parts of the house. Gives them and me a change of pace!

Then I rearranged (or started) part of the stamping room that had been used by Bijou during the days. I hope that it gives me more opportunities to use that room in the evenings. It certainly makes it more functional for stamping though, so that's good!

Maxine, it sure sounds like you had a GREAT time shopping and laughing with everyone on your trip! I'm glad for you!

Well, off to tend to my day job for a while. I'm with you Maggie: working interferes with my personal life!
Glad to hear from you that you're doing well these days.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #3471
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Today is the day I will be having my
Carpel Tunnel surgery. You may not see me for a day or so as being on my right hand, I will be out of action for a day or two.
Just to add to it I have brewed up beaut of a cold . I don't fancy blowing my nose with my left hand...
Waving to you all
I guess you were waving with your left hand. j/k

I hope the surgery went well Maxine and you'll be back to good as new soon. Sorry about the cold. I hope you get over that quickly. I'm surprised that they'll do the surgery when you're under the weather.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #3472
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Whoa Maxine- $200 for a sweater- it sounds delightful : ) Your haul from the show sounds wonderful. I am trying to be good- still moving my craft space, so trying not to buy. Hope you feel well for surgery and that you get relief ASAP!
Do you always make your own bread? Bread machine???

Barb- you really are always on the go- we loved DC- came home pretty exhausted though! Check out the Free walking tours- they really are not free, as we give the tour guide a tip...but they were cool. Really liked the Ford Theater one. The Capitol tour with our Senator was fun too- we got to ride the tunnel tram on the way back, but Congress was in recess when we were there.

Kelly- wow- fun to win a blog hop! Enjoy your goodies : ) Hoping you are having some quiet time to yourself this summer.

Lynn- Thanks again, and yes, the party was a bit of work for us but it was fabulous! My parents neighbors are all wonderful.

Darlene- glad to hear from you- hoping all is well!

Worked today, have the next two off- so have piano, have tutoring, coloring hair (so long gray roots) and hoping some creative time. I enjoy the Christmas in July posts- anyone else thinking about Christmas cards???

Anyone want to do a challenge???

Off to bed
Shelly
Unfortunately, all I'm doing is thinking about Christmas cards and not making them! I really need to get on the ball. I'm actually thinking of stepping down from one of my DT's. I have so much other stuff going on - 3 different swap groups that keep me busy and no time for my own stuff. I'll still keep one of the DT positions though because they are a great fun group. The other group are not friendly and don't have a DT blog where they chat with each other or a FB page. So I don't really get to know any of them.

Depends on what the challenge is.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #3473
Quacker Stamper

Oh what a night I had last night! Got home and went out in the garage freezer to get something for dinner and found out that the small chest freezer was not working and all the stuff in it was mostly defrosted although it was still cold. There were a couple packages at the very bottom that still had ice on them, so they got put in the big upright freezer. I ended up cooking and using my Food Saver to package it up for the other freezer. I have a big upright, but it is really packed full. I've been looking online at new uprights. I'm going to order another one. I ended up cooking 4 large salmon fillets. They are each half of a whole salmon. I got 5 small fillets out of each one. I've also cooked up 18 bacon-wrapped pork medallions, and 11 large boneless chicken breasts. I had to get my Food Saver out to package up everything to put back in the freezer after it was cooked. Now I have my own personal trainer food packages. I did call a lady from church that I'm good friends with. She has a large extended family that she takes care of and had her come over and get some of it. There's just a little bit of stuff left in the freezer that wasn't going to be any good, so I need to get that cleaned out and the freezer out to the heavy trash pick up next week.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #3474
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I have a few things to do to get ready for our trip as we leave the house at 7:00 tomorrow morning. I am taking my laptop, so I will check in from DC periodically--where it is to be 97 degrees on Sunday!

Have a Fantastic Friday and an Awesome Weekend!!!!!!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #3475
SCS RAK Coordinator

so sorry to hear of your additional cooking Maggie--but it seems to have all worked out!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #3476
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all!
Maxine, visiting blogs & typing w/only your left hand sounds dedicated!! Glad that family & friends are helping out with meals, etc. Sure hope that you're comfortable and that the cold isn't too awful. Surgery is enough to deal with!

Maggie: Yikes!! Good thing you noticed the freezer problem. But I'm sure it wasn't how you planned to spend the night. That's a lot of work.

I've been doing Christmas cards, not a lot, but a few. Another swap that I'm in (and grossly behind in too) has me making some Christmas cards from card kits that were sent to me. I put on Christmas music when doing them too!

But if I were to get serious, I'd have to retrieve my tub of holiday stamps and that needs to be moved by DS. Too heavy for me to do it.

Waving hello to everyone & wishing Barb a great trip to DC!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #3477
Insane Embellisher

TGIF!

Week 2 of Summer hours are done. I can't say I'm really enjoying them yet though. I'm too tired by Friday afternoon to do much! I did go on the elliptical but that's it. Maybe by next week, I'll get in the groove of being more productive. I also had a few bad days this week, the humidity was awful and I stupidly tried to work out when the room wasn't cool enough. Lesson learned and yesterday and today were much better.

We started leaving Amber loose while we are working, beginning with last Friday since it was my short day. She has been doing really well. No messes or destroying anything. I hope she is happier being able to stretch out on the couch or chair than being cooped up.

I fell behind on my Christmas in July project but am determined to still get 31 cards done by month's end. I am not sure I even need all of those cards lol. I haven't sent cards out in a few years and already have quite a stash! I do own tons of Christmas stamps though and want to use them I am going to a crop on August 1st and already started pulling stuff for my next theme - a month of summer cards.

On Monday, I turned in my resignation for Stampin' Up. I've been debating for at least 6 months and decided to just go for it. I can always sign back up if I miss it....but honestly have not touched most of my purchases for the last two quarters so it was time. I did contact a local demo and plan to attend a class or two in the fall once the holiday catalog comes out. I think I may make a better occasional customer than a demo.

Maxine - I hope your surgery went well and that recovery will be easy. The frost pictures were neat, as long as it stays there. I'm not ready for that yet again! Glad you had a good time at the craft expo. Enjoy all your new stuff once you are able to craft!

Maggie - Oh what a bummer on the freezer. Glad you noticed though and were able to get a lot of the food cooked up. I think giving up the DT where you don't get to interact with them is a good idea. If you want more time for your own crafts, it makes sense to pare down.

Kelly - Wow! Lucky you with those wins. Enjoy the new markers, paper & stamp set!

Shelly - Glad you enjoyed your time away!

Darlene - Good to see you popping in.

Barb - Have a great time in DC! Sounds like you have a lot to do there. It's awesome that you get to travel so much!

Waving hi to Lynn, Kel and Jeanette!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #3478
Insane Embellisher

Ladies!!

I forgot to share something. I've been keeping the secret for so long but it's finally okay to share here (not on FB yet, please don't mention it there since some family still doesn't know). I'm going to be an Aunt again!! My sister is due in early January (the 9th). She goes for her anatomy scan in mid August but Auntie has already been shopping. Lots of gray stuff (my sis' fave color lol). She found out at 4 weeks (beginning of May) and there were a few concerns but she got the everything looks good at her 12 week appt a few weeks ago. She will be 15 weeks tomorrow. Kaleb wants a baby brother. I'm hoping for a little girl to spoil but will be happy with another nephew too. As long as the baby is healthy, we are hoping everything goes smoothly the rest of the time since Kaleb was a preemie (8 wks early).

I can't remember if I mentioned that I started my Mom's trip album. Only a couple of pages done so far and that was just slipping pics into pockets. When I told her about it, she mentioned how she would really like to go back. We have tentative plans for May 2017. She is okay with coming with Mike and I since I can't leave him home again, and he is fine with her coming with us. Even if it's not for awhile, I'm happy to have a timeframe to dream about
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #3479
Insane Embellisher

Good morning!

Not sure what we are up to this weekend. My stepdad needs to straighten out our electrical but Mike never firmed up plans with him. We want to add an outlet to our new back porch but need to move some things around on the breaker box first. We didn't realize we had so many things on one breaker.

I just found out about a food festival at the outlets near my LSS. So tempted to go! My fave fry truck will be there and the LSS is holding stuff for me. I'm supposed to go to Kohl's with my Mom and was thinking of going to the mall but that's the opposite direction.

It's nice having a weekend with no set schedule but it drives me crazy too because I like having structure, if I am going to do something.

Time to make a few phone calls so we don't just sit here all day waiting for Mom or my stepdad to call/show up!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends
Old 07-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #3480
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello from hot--hot--HOT Washington DC! Temps are in the high 90's today. We arrived yesterday without any issues--and that is always a good thing! We took the metro to our hotel and I bought an unlimited week pass to use while we are here. In the afternoon, I got alerts on my phone that there was a huge storm rolling through at home--seek shelter, heavy rains, flooding, etc. That is a bit unnerving when those come and you are miles away! But roomie called her sister to go and check on things and to call us if anything was wrong--no news is good news so far! We walked to the National Zoo yesterday and it sure was crowded, so we only walked around for maybe 45 minutes. Roomie has a class all day today and tonight we have a special event at the Spy Museum! I went shopping today and took the train to the Fashion Centre--a huge 4 story mall. Bought a couple of pair of shorts in a new size--I have actually gone down 3-4 sizes in the last 9-10 months, so that is a good thing!

Have a fantastic rest of the day and great start to a new week!