Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2015, 06:11 AM   #3401
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday and Welcome to July!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #3402
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Yay Darlene - welcome back. I have been wondering how you are and praying.... So good to hear you have been able to take time out and recover and make cards.
I had a small cancer cut out of my face - all healed now and looking good, but a bit tender at times is I rub it the wrong way .
Yikes! I'm glad that you were proactive and had it removed. That's nothing to mess around with.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #3403
Gabfest Goddess

Morning everyone! Raining like the dickens here in New Hampshire. And yet my mowing service is attempting to mow...wonder how it will go. hehehe

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #3404
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--I wanted to tell you the story you told of the former baseball player killed by his ex-girlfriend or ex-wife used to play here in Milwaukee--and was also a fill in radio announcer last year when our regular guy Bob Uecher was not able to. There was a story in the local paper that I read when I got home from vacation--very sad.........................
Yes, it was very sad. He played for a couple of teams but not the Astros. Played for about 8 years I think and then retired. Everyone said what a great guy he was.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #3405
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Evening Everyone! We got back from vacation yesterday afternoon and it has been pretty much non-stop since then. I was able to cut the grass yesterday between a couple of rounds of rain and it was not as long as I thought it was going to be-it was more like a typical cut. I also did our wash last night and got everything put away. Today I got caught up on emails and then the bin of mail came, recorded all of the swaps that came in. We had some rain today too, but not the storms they had predicted. We did have more than 2 inches during the week we were gone and there are to be showers pretty much every day this week. That is OK--as long as it is nice and sunny on Sunday for our annual 4th of July party. We will have probably 35 family and friends here that day and a nephew and his two little girls are coming on Saturday to stay overnight--that will be fun!

I have stamp class tomorrow and then time in the stamp room to get caught up there! I love getting inky!
Wow! You sure can go. When I get home from a trip, all I want to do is crash!

We've have storms the last couple of days. Yesterday it was late in the afternoon and the storm knocked out the traffic lights along a major street which I have to cross in order to get home and the traffic going that way on all the streets crossing it were backed up. I usually get home about 5:40 and last night it was 6:30. My boss told me it took him 45 minutes to make a trip that usually takes about 10 to his house. We had more today, but it was at lunch time so I didn't get to go walk today.

Sounds like a fun get together on Sunday.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #3406
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Barb- your trip to Co sounded awesome- and glad you are getting caught up.

Maggie- the Copic classes sound great! Hope you are feeling better too. I have am having a terrible time with Mold allergies- cause it has rained so much this summer- Mold counts always go up after it rains
Hope you do line up a fun fireworks celebration.

Kelly- sounds like summer is breezing right along! Wahoo for your daughter getting ready to head off to college so cool! Your time away with hubby in Daytona sounds awesome!

Jeanette- the prison ministry sounds great- you really have your hands full! Hope you are felling better- kinda dangerous to be passing out! Hope that was a temp situation!

We drove to Gettysburg yesterday, and today toured Gettysburg and Antietam. I am traveling with 2 history buffs, so now the DC scene is pretty thrilling. We will get up early and heading to Arlington Cemetery- 2 1/2 hour tour. We have a congressional tour on Wednesday- should be great! We rented a place through Air bnb- recommended by my sis- great location and nice to be in a place that has a fridge and a stove and 2 bedrooms. Not too far from the White House either.......

Blessings to all- trying to hit blogs- sorry I am delinquent!

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Hi Shelly,

I'm doing okay. I stopped taking my BP Meds so I'd be clear for the test next Tuesday. I need to check my numbers tonight when I get home. I'm still having that silly frog in my throat all the time.

There is a place not too far from me when I can go watch them and it's free. I think I can just park in a parking lot close by to watch them.

Sounds like you are enjoying your fun vacation. I talked to my DD in CA. She's still dealing with her arm issues and some other health issues. She told me that they are going on vacation on Friday though and guess where! To a Mediterranean Cruise!!! They are going on Princess Line this time instead of RCI, sounds like they got a fabulous deal. My married DGD and her DH are going along with them. Not sure how much the flights are going to cost, but her DH flies so much that they probably have miles to use and the cruise for 3 of them was only $900 each! If I had the time off, I'd go too!
Old 07-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #3407
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I think I am the delinquent one Shelly - for some reason the notifications are not coming to my in-box and I get behind.

Life here is barreling along - to Rotorua today for optometrists appointments for us both, and new glasses - nearly $900 later..... we go back in 2 weeks to pick up the specs. Rotorua is closer than Hamilton and an easier drive, as well as being easier to drive about in it. I did not get to any hobby shops as DH does not walk for any distance now, and I am away to the big craft fair in 10 days

The weather here has warmed up again and is dry but cloudy, quite pleasant for nearly mid-winter.

Shelly it sound as though you are having a wonderful trip

Maggie that was weird about being blocked from sites - glad to hear it is all o.k. now.

Kelly that poor woman, feeling as though she had to take responsibility for those kittens - I probably would too, but DH would object i suspect. Wow - sounds as though your summer is almost as busy as your school times!!

Barb you trip away sounds wonderful with all those elk sightings - and glad the lawns weren't too bad when you got back.

Waving to you all from down under - or should that smiley be upside down?????
That happens to me sometimes too - they go in my spam folder, but right now they seem to be doing okay and coming in my mail.

Ugh! I can feel your pain about the glasses. When I bought the last prescription pair 3 years ago I paid over $400 for them and even after taking them back multiple times to get adjusted, I never could wear them. All that money down the drain.

Oh, the craft fair sounds great! I know you'll have fun witih that. Is it just 1 day or will you be away for a couple of days?

Yep, no more problems with the sonic walls and hope it stays that way.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #3408
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

HI all! Maxine, wow, $900! That's quite an expense, my friend! How is your little nose area doing from where they took the suspicious spot off and stitched it up? I hope you've healed wonderful! Yes, we are busy - but we have had plenty of down days, too - I make plans a few days a week, and tell them we must stay put the rest, LOL!

MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me about this Sonic Wall - what is it, and should I be worried? Last week, I was locked out of almost all of my sites. And I had no idea why. All my regular 'spots' were blocked, including SCS, and I had a hard time requesting new passwords and resigning in to everywhere. I thought it was just me. It felt weird so I stayed off anywhere that was really big, like the bank and dd's school/scholarship award monies, but it was really odd. I changed all my passwords, and so far so good - but now I'm worried - tell me more!

Yesterday I took ds to Barnes and Nobles to get his two new books that we ordered. He finished one, over 150 pages, on the car ride home! I live 15 minutes away!!!!
Also went to Mikes in hopes of finding a specific paper but no such luck and they had 100's of colors to choose from - just not the one I wanted, LOL! (maybe that was a sign) I also noticed how changed it is - and not in a good way! Most of the old craft stuff I would normally go find is gone It seems more like hardware, jewelry, art class type things and minimal crafting. Joanns is the same - completely more like Michaels and pared down crafting just with a lot of material. Where do we shop now!??? We recently acquired a Hobby Lobby - that's next on my list to hit up, but they are a bit pricier than the coupons/specials at Mikes. Oh what to do .........

Yesterday it looked a little cloudy when we got home and since it rains every afternoon in Florida, I got a 'wild hair' as my mom says and decided to whack down all our trees out back that are overgrown. Dh wasn't home and I don't know how to use his chain saw, so I did most of it by hand! We're talking HUGE tree limbs - and when I absolutely couldn't do any more, my dd jumped in Dd and her boyfriend were just getting home and he was so excited to help out, so he did a few trees as well (not to impress us, he's already done that - lol, apparently the kid loves yard work! Okay ... HIRED!) I ended up taking down 3 full trees and the yard looks so much more open, especially above the pool area. The huge pile of limbs and branches reaches over 15 feet and I had to call the county for our annual 'big tree pick up'. But this am, the yard had so much more sun and it was nice taking coffee on the porch

Have a good one, ladies!
Sonic Wall is a blocking devise. Our firm uses to to block us from going especially to some Social Media sites, so some blogs that I visit are blocked, but not all of them - too weird. Also Facebook is blocked. I'm not sure how it works, but it's a pain. That's strange that it would happen to your personal computer. This is just at the office and something that they do to the network.

I was finally able to get my laptop working better again. I got some information from the IT here at the office. When I went home though I did another search on the Internet for the answer and found out how to clear my cookies/cache, so I did that and it seemed to help and work better. Then I decided to do a live chat with AT&T so I got that started and he was able to adjust some number on my Router and got it back running the way it should be. It's much faster now and now I also know what to do if it happens again.

I haven't been to Michael's in awhile. I hope ours hasn't gone that way too. There just aren't too many stores that you can go visit anymore; so much is done online where you can't see or touch the products before you buy them.

Oh my! We'll call you the Weed Wacker! Glad that you got a little bit of help in getting all those trees cut.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #3409
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Well, look who the cat dragged in!!

It sure has been a rough few months, but last weekend I spent quiet time, taking care of myself, building back up my emotional and psychic energies. Actually made 6 cards!! The first in quite a while.

I've missed you all. Really. But believe me, I wasn't fit company. I would have depressed all of you with my details.

But everything should finally be back to normal now (I thought that a couple of times over the past months, but it's for sure this time LOL)

Maxine, sounds like you had some facial surgery? Hope that recovery is going well.

Waving to all of you! Feel free to catch me up on anything important here. Thanks!
So glad to see you back Darlene. It has been way too long. I'm happy to hear that things are finally looking up for you. It's about time. We are always here for you - to listen and comisserate with you. We all go through our bad times, but that's what we're here for. We know that it can't always be fun and games.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #3410
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning everyone! Raining like the dickens here in New Hampshire. And yet my mowing service is attempting to mow...wonder how it will go. hehehe
It's raining here right now too. I'd sure like to leave and go home, but I have a chiropractor appointment after work. I hope it clears off by then.

I was up until midnight last night making cookies for my boss. It was his birthday on Monday and I usually make him some brownies because we both like chocolate, but decided to make Oatmeal cookies instead. They didn't come out the way they were supposed to, but they were really good and he liked them so much he asked me for the recipe. They weren't fat like they usually are, but real thin, but with a crisp edge and still chewy in the middle. Said that's the way he likes them. Anyway, there were so many, that I made up a little box to take to my chiropractor too and I still have some left at home. Can only have 1 a day though.

Oh, and I figured out something really great yesterday. I was going through all my bills that I have to pay and changing the banking information on the accounts. I looked at my car website and saw the payoff amount and figured out that if I keep paying the extra $150 each month on my payment I can have my car paid off in 2 1/2 years!!!!! yeah! That's my goal so that I can retire. So I could possibly finally retire at the end of 2017. There is a light at the end of the tunnel I hope!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #3411
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's great about maybe being able to retire soon. I've always heard to always pay more than the monthly required for a car, house, etc. and you save so much money that way.

Kelly, cutting down trees isn't fun at all! I know!!! That's just a lot of work all the way around.

Maxine, that's terrible about the price for glasses, etc. Those things are just so expensive though.

Shelly, hope you're having a FUN trip!!!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #3412
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi- dropping in quickly before bed.

I thought I'd sneak on the computer and try to catch up....!

We are going at 180 mph here in DC........

Day 1 we went to Arlington Nat Cemetery, ran back and went grocery shopping, then went to the National Mall and went on Monument tours- walked 13 miles and came home TIRED! It was almost 90 and very humid- we drank TONS of H20)!!! We were walking so fast heading back- Metra closed at 10PM- we got there at 9:55 after the monument tour- yeah!

Today we went to a Smithsonian Museum in the AM, went to the office of our State Rep and had a tour of the Capitol building and saw the house chambers (where the State of the Union is given), then walked a bit and visited a bunch of monuments, then met up with Stephi- dinner and took her grocery shopping.

The husband and KT are killing me with their early AM get up and go, but I will live (hehehe). Tomorrow, we are headed to Mt Vernon- leaving bright and early : ) We are really packing in the touring- will go somewhere after Mt Vernon- just not sure where yet. I still have alot of places I want to see- mostly the Cathedral- The Immaculate Conception Basilica.......

I do not have my picture card with cards with me (and have no time to post these last few days, so will be MIA until I get back home- and will catch up on blogs then!

Waving hi to Darlene- hoping your family situation is better- daughter and hubby improving : )

Shelly
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #3413
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I feel like I accomplished bit in the craft room yesterday. I went through all of my SU sets and put the current ones on one shelf along with moving some of the retiring ones to the sell box. I should have done that BEFORE the rummage sale a few weeks ago, but oh well...... My LLS has a rummage twice a year and my demo has one 3 times a year, so I will keep them boxed up for those coming in the fall. I have three paper boxes full of stamping supplies for sale--including all of my wheels and ink cartridges for them. They were at all three of the rummages and not a one sold. I have them in the plastic storage cases even and I guess I am not alone in not wanting them!

I also completed a swap and got it postal along with making two DT cards. My little point and shoot camera died yesterday so I am heading to Best Buy this morning to get a new one.

Roomie has tomorrow off, so we will spend the day getting ready for our annual 4th of July party on Sunday for family and friends. We will "only" have about 25 this year as a niece is getting married in Alaska and that side of the family is there now. A nephew, his wife and two little girls--5 months and 2 years old--will be Saturday afternoon and stay overnight.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #3414
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I’m back from prison – it was a FABULOUS experience, and yes, they did let me out! Now I’m scurrying around trying to catch up on things here at home and get ready for our DS and his friend’s visit. They are coming Sunday! YAY!!! I also haven't finished my Bible study preparations to teach Sunday. I need to do laundry. And I have some DT responsibilities to tend to.... especially since I'll be leaving for 3-4 days as soon as my son leaves on Wednesday. Yikes!

That being said, I’m going to be scarce on SCS for the next week and a half.

I did manage to skim the posts here... you are all such fun!

YAY! So good to see Darlene again!

Maggie, I would not go to church if I were contagious! My illness was simply allergies - I knew as soon as it hit, but there's nothing to do to avoid it at that point. This one hit me harder than most; probably because I was so busy and pushed myself so hard, when I should have been resting. I still have a wee bit of a cough from it, but otherwise am fine.

I think someone asked what I was doing at the prison... if not, please ignore this paragraph. BTW, this is the same prison I went to over a year ago. Twelve of us from the Women's Advisory Team here in our state office went in part to see what it looks like to live multi-generationally as women so we can be more knowledgeable while we minister in similar settings here in our state. It was also a mission trip sort of thing - the unit we visited has gone through A LOT of very difficult stuff in the past 8-9 months and are trying to recover/heal from all of that. A prison employee has actually been arrested due to what's been going on. So we tried to be an encouragement to them - we prayed for/with individuals, etc.

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #3415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies. I feel like I accomplished bit in the craft room yesterday. I went through all of my SU sets and put the current ones on one shelf along with moving some of the retiring ones to the sell box. I should have done that BEFORE the rummage sale a few weeks ago, but oh well...... My LLS has a rummage twice a year and my demo has one 3 times a year, so I will keep them boxed up for those coming in the fall. I have three paper boxes full of stamping supplies for sale--including all of my wheels and ink cartridges for them. They were at all three of the rummages and not a one sold. I have them in the plastic storage cases even and I guess I am not alone in not wanting them!

I also completed a swap and got it postal along with making two DT cards. My little point and shoot camera died yesterday so I am heading to Best Buy this morning to get a new one.

Roomie has tomorrow off, so we will spend the day getting ready for our annual 4th of July party on Sunday for family and friends. We will "only" have about 25 this year as a niece is getting married in Alaska and that side of the family is there now. A nephew, his wife and two little girls--5 months and 2 years old--will be Saturday afternoon and stay overnight.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Sounds like you've been busy organizing and cleaning up and out. I need to do that. I really want to have a craft garage sale and pass on a lot of my stuff to those who would love to have it.

Have fun at the party.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #3416
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Im back from prison it was a FABULOUS experience, and yes, they did let me out! Now Im scurrying around trying to catch up on things here at home and get ready for our DS and his friends visit. They are coming Sunday! YAY!!! I also haven't finished my Bible study preparations to teach Sunday. I need to do laundry. And I have some DT responsibilities to tend to.... especially since I'll be leaving for 3-4 days as soon as my son leaves on Wednesday. Yikes!

That being said, Im going to be scarce on SCS for the next week and a half.

I did manage to skim the posts here... you are all such fun!

YAY! So good to see Darlene again!

Maggie, I would not go to church if I were contagious! My illness was simply allergies - I knew as soon as it hit, but there's nothing to do to avoid it at that point. This one hit me harder than most; probably because I was so busy and pushed myself so hard, when I should have been resting. I still have a wee bit of a cough from it, but otherwise am fine.

I think someone asked what I was doing at the prison... if not, please ignore this paragraph. BTW, this is the same prison I went to over a year ago. Twelve of us from the Women's Advisory Team here in our state office went in part to see what it looks like to live multi-generationally as women so we can be more knowledgeable while we minister in similar settings here in our state. It was also a mission trip sort of thing - the unit we visited has gone through A LOT of very difficult stuff in the past 8-9 months and are trying to recover/heal from all of that. A prison employee has actually been arrested due to what's been going on. So we tried to be an encouragement to them - we prayed for/with individuals, etc.

Hugs for all!!!
Glad that you had a fabulous time at the prison helping those so most in need.

I understand about the allergies, but some people think the worst when you show up sniffling and sneezing. Even though I am plagues with allergies and not illness, I chose to stay away from my DD's house when her MIL was there since her immune system is depleted from the chemo.

Busy, busy, busy as usual for you.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #3417
Quacker Stamper

I'm planning to get the house straightened up today and then I'll have the rest of the weekend to play in my stamp room. It was great to sleep in a little bit this morning, but Corey was in waking me up about 6:45.

I took time last night to go to the show with a GF. It was a movie that we both wanted to see, but it's probably on it's last week. It's been out for awhile, but we just hadn't had the time to go. I never read the book as a lot of people did when they were in school. Far From the Madding Crowd! It was fabulous! We both loved it, and the scenery was amazing. One or two Yikes! moments in it, but great acting from actors I had never heard of before.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #3418
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Checking in quickly to say Happy 4th to all!

Jeanette- you are so busy lately- I need a day to chill every now and then- and I have to say, when I get home, I am going to need a vacation from our busy, busy touring vacation!!!!!
The prison ministry sounds great- awesome that people can and do minister to those in need.

Maggie- I have never called 6:45 sleeping in- that is dreadfully early! I have never heard of that movie- we usually avoid movies when they first come out and see them at the $3.00 theater, or see them on Netflix.

Barb- enjoy your company- the party sounds like a blast! My stamp room is going slowly, mostly because of the sorting stamps and figuring out how and where to store everything.

I have a quick request- if anyone has an extra B-day card available:
My Mom has a birthday on the 10th- she will be 86. It would be such a thrill to her to receive B-day cards in the mail. In her younger days, she painted- oils and water coloring and taught China Painting. She does not create much now, but LOVES all of the cards I send her- she saves them all.

If you would care to RAK her, here is her address:
Kaye McGovern
3303 Carl Court
Edgewood, Ky

God Bless all
Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #3419
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #3420
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am heading out to do the grocery shopping for tomorrow's party in a bit. Ribs are in the slow-cooker for supper tonight with our nephew and his family. I am sure I will not be online tomorrow, so have a great weekend
AND--Go USA in the Women's World Cup Soccer Championship game Sunday Night!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #3421
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th!!!

We have a parade in a bit, then home to BBQ with our guests (and several of my children's friends that manage to pop over - we don't mind one single bit! Always room and always fun! We pick up ALL strays - LOL!)
Some pool fun, then fireworks tonight - woohoo!)

We are heading to Ft. Meyers tomorrow (dd 18, dd 16, ds and I!) and won't be back until late, late Tuesday so I won't check back in until Wednesday - be safe and have a wonderful weekend/week!!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #3422
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Checking in quickly to say Happy 4th to all!

Jeanette- you are so busy lately- I need a day to chill every now and then- and I have to say, when I get home, I am going to need a vacation from our busy, busy touring vacation!!!!!
The prison ministry sounds great- awesome that people can and do minister to those in need.

Maggie- I have never called 6:45 sleeping in- that is dreadfully early! I have never heard of that movie- we usually avoid movies when they first come out and see them at the $3.00 theater, or see them on Netflix.

Barb- enjoy your company- the party sounds like a blast! My stamp room is going slowly, mostly because of the sorting stamps and figuring out how and where to store everything.

I have a quick request- if anyone has an extra B-day card available:
My Mom has a birthday on the 10th- she will be 86. It would be such a thrill to her to receive B-day cards in the mail. In her younger days, she painted- oils and water coloring and taught China Painting. She does not create much now, but LOVES all of the cards I send her- she saves them all.

If you would care to RAK her, here is her address:
Kaye McGovern
3303 Carl Court
Edgewood, Ky

God Bless all
Shelly
I guess when you get up every day at 5:30, anything past 6:30 is sleeping in. I've never been one for staying in bed too long. I think about all the things that need doing.

The movie is based on a book by Thomas Hardy. It's a classic. Now I want to read the book and see what all they left out of the movie.
We used to have a $1 theater years ago, but it has closed down. I do get in with the Seniors rate, so that's something anyway. I don't get to see many shows either unless I can get someone to go with me.

Your mom sounds like mine. She dabbled in art and also did some china painting. I have a lamp that has the head of a Victorian lady on it that my mom painted years ago. My sis has one like it with different hair color. Mine is blonde. I have a couple of her hand made art treasures. I will see if I can find an appropriate card in my stash. I'm working on 2 DT cards and a swap card so this weekend is kind of busy.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #3423
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I am heading out to do the grocery shopping for tomorrow's party in a bit. Ribs are in the slow-cooker for supper tonight with our nephew and his family. I am sure I will not be online tomorrow, so have a great weekend
AND--Go USA in the Women's World Cup Soccer Championship game Sunday Night!
Do you have a recipe you use for the ribs in the slow cooker. I have some in my freezer and would like to put them in the slow cooker.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #3424
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th!!!

We have a parade in a bit, then home to BBQ with our guests (and several of my children's friends that manage to pop over - we don't mind one single bit! Always room and always fun! We pick up ALL strays - LOL!)
Some pool fun, then fireworks tonight - woohoo!)

We are heading to Ft. Meyers tomorrow (dd 18, dd 16, ds and I!) and won't be back until late, late Tuesday so I won't check back in until Wednesday - be safe and have a wonderful weekend/week!!

Hugs!
Have a fun weekend and a great trip! Safe journey.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #3425
Quacker Stamper

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend and a fun time today. I opted not to drive over an hour up to the Lake. What a busy day! I don't know what I would have done if I had been gone all day today. It took me awhile at the grocery store - I was looking for specific things for my meal plans so I was up and down every aisle and some of them twice! When I got home I had a voice mail and an e-mail from AMEX about fraudulent activity on my card. I had them call me and the guy told me it was a charge of over $700 to a company called Kit Bag in the UK. It's sports related, so I know it wasn't me. Not sure where they got my card number, but it's gone now. AMEX canceled it and they will send me another one. It's not a bad thing because I was going to cancel it anyway after I made my next payment. I haven't been using it, so there is no current transactions on it.

Got some more cleaning done - scrubbed my bathroom floor. Amazing. It's all nice shiny white now. It is those old little 4 x 4 ceramic tiles with white grout and gets dirty really quick. Finished the laundry and changed the sheets and now I"m all showered. Guess I'm not going out to watch live fireworks. Since I'm all cleaned up, don't want to go out in the heat and humidity. Besides there are at least 3 programs on TV and I've got my DVR recording all of them so I can watch them all later.

Finally have some time to go work in my stamp room.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #3426
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I'll get a card off to your mom on Monday. That'll be fun for her to get cards from different places.

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #3427
Insane Embellisher

Hello ladies!

I caught up the other night on the thread and then it was past my bedtime. I said to myself I'd post the next day and that came and went. It seems to be the theme of my summer so far!

I spent my 5 days off crafting, cleaning, and a little bit of partying. I'm not quite ready to get back to the grind tomorrow...sigh. It will be earlier too since our summer hours start. I'll work 8-5:30 M-Th and 8-3 on Friday. The Friday part is great, the extra half hour each day is a bit tough.

I did comment on blogs last week and will make sure to get to it this week in between my exercising after work and making my Christmas in July cards
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #3428
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Monday! We had a great three day weekend! We spent all day Friday working outside--weeding the gardens, trimming and mowing the grass, and a few small painting project--bird feeder, small outdoor table. It was a great day! We went to a friends house for supper and then sat around a fire-pit. Saturday was grocery shopping and roomie rented a paddleboard for an hour to try it--I think one might be in the garage soon. Her nephew and his family spent the night, so it was fun having two little girls around and we watched some area fireworks from our deck. We had about 30 people for the party yesterday and the weather was a bit hot. But--everyone had a great time. Roomie's Brother and SIL stayed overnight and left this morning. We ran out of hot water in the afternoon and I thought our heater was going as it is 18 years old. The plumber came today and cleaned out some of the corrosion, with a paper clip! And--I think it will be fine!

We also watched the exciting World Cup game yesterday--what an exciting game and a great win! Way to go Team USA!

I am headed to organize a swap and might even be postal yet today. Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 07-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #3429
SCS RAK Coordinator

I posted the link in other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Do you have a recipe you use for the ribs in the slow cooker. I have some in my freezer and would like to put them in the slow cooker.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #3430
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too will put a card in the mail to your mom Shelly
Old 07-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #3431
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I too will put a card in the mail to your mom Shelly
Oh, darn, I got the card and another one all ready last night and forgot to bring them to the office to mail.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #3432
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Monday! We had a great three day weekend! We spent all day Friday working outside--weeding the gardens, trimming and mowing the grass, and a few small painting project--bird feeder, small outdoor table. It was a great day! We went to a friends house for supper and then sat around a fire-pit. Saturday was grocery shopping and roomie rented a paddleboard for an hour to try it--I think one might be in the garage soon. Her nephew and his family spent the night, so it was fun having two little girls around and we watched some area fireworks from our deck. We had about 30 people for the party yesterday and the weather was a bit hot. But--everyone had a great time. Roomie's Brother and SIL stayed overnight and left this morning. We ran out of hot water in the afternoon and I thought our heater was going as it is 18 years old. The plumber came today and cleaned out some of the corrosion, with a paper clip! And--I think it will be fine!

We also watched the exciting World Cup game yesterday--what an exciting game and a great win! Way to go Team USA!

I am headed to organize a swap and might even be postal yet today. Have a Fantastic Day!
Fabulous that Team USA Won!!! I wanted to watch it, but got tied up doing something else and didn't get to see it.

Ooops! Sorry about the lack of hot water, but glad that it was an easy fix for you.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #3433
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I have a few errands to run today and I do plan to be in the stamp room this afternoon--YAY!!!!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:52 AM   #3434
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies! I have a few errands to run today and I do plan to be in the stamp room this afternoon--YAY!!!!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Happy Stamping!! Glad you had a good weekend and that the hot water heater was an easy fix!

I was too tired to stamp last night so I will have to try doing two cards tonight to keep up with my Christmas in July challenge.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #3435
Quacker Stamper

I was working on a swap last night - coloring, but got so tired I had to go to bed at 9. I think it was because I took my Zyrtec earlier than I usually do.

Tonight I have to work on my DT card that is due on Friday.

Shelly, my card to your mom is going in the mail today!
Old 07-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #3436
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Back from DC and trying to catch up. My plans were derailed today when our remodeling got a bit off track- the granite order for the vanity tops went poof- so I had to drive way out to the warehouse and pick a new piece- no appt for measuring until 7/16- so a week behind......

We had a fabulous time in DC- just loved it- and there is plenty we did not have time to see. Katie is so knowledgeable about history- and we did a few tours- very interesting. Stephi looks great. She was invited to attend a school in NY- Long Island- Hofstra- and run Cross Country in the fall- 1/2 off tuition and room and board 1st semester and then, we'll see....... She considered it but decided against it.

Maggie- I worked in Surgical ICU for years, and I always gravitate to white floors- my handyman told me lots of nurses do- I put white in my entrance way, but used gray grout so it would not look dirty were the foot traffic is. And, Zyrtec knocks me on my can! I could use them as sleeping pills : )

Barb- the party sounds like it was a blast- and how pretty to watch fireworks off of a pier- do you live on a lake??? We missed the soccer game- thought it started at 7PM, so tried to tune in on the radio and it was 1/2 over. We could not find a station in the car that was broadcasting it though......

Kristie- that is a long break from work : ) I stay up late alot, so do not get up too early- your Mom-Thurs hours are so long!

Kelly- your trip sounds like a blast!

Thanks so much to everyone that sent cards to my Mom. She will be so thrilled. My Dad took it upon himself, and with a little help from a friend, to have a party for Mom- invited a few friends and neighbors over (so unlike my Dad), but looking forward to it- she will love it!

Lots to do tomorrow, so I had better get to bed! I have a Mammogram scheduled : ( I am giving blood Thursday, so have to make sure I am well fluidated (hehehe my make up word) and will eat well tomorrow. I am going to make Chicken Tortilla Soup- yum!

Waving hello to all.

Shelly
Old 07-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #3437
Mad Swapper

Yay Shelly - good to see you had a great trip and that you are up to giving blood - I can't thanks to the asthma...

I am off to the craft fair tomorrow - we are all excited to not only be together, but to be away for the couple of days. One of the 'girls' had a fall last week and then a funny 'turn' in church so had to step down - thankfully we were able to find someone else to come, so that means the shared expenses remain low .

The only thing I have on my list is a MISTI - at this point

Great to see all the chat - I so read it, but don't comment as much as I should. See you all late in the weekend.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #3438
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. We are off to a golf outing today--it is going to be a nice day, temps in the 70's and I am sure many, many laughs! We will be back late, so wishing everyone a Wonderful Wednesday and Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:33 AM   #3439
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--we do not live on a lake. The deck is around our house...................... though we wished we lived on one. Maybe someday!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #3440
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday!!!