Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #3361
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, lovelies!

Maxine, slowed down to a hare's pace, as opposed to a gazelle, perhaps! LOL! Today is REST day. I told the kids I need a break - even when we ARE home (which is rare) that I'm doing stuff for them Always a mom, it's our job, I know, but things like tackling their rooms, purging drawers and closets - you can do that yourself!

Maggie, that is just terrible. TERRIBLE. And so sad. It sounds like me like she desperately needed help and didn't get the help she needed. We never know what's going on inside someone's mind and how terrible the burdens are of the heart. It seems UNFATHOMABLE to me that a mom could leave a child, or hurt another, but that just tells you the depths of how deep her despair, or mental illness perhaps, was. Being in this field, both dh and I, we see a lot of scary things and sometimes I'm talking to someone, and they say one thing - just one sentence - and I pick up on it immediately that there are issues at hand. I guess that's the therapist in me, but my heart aches for their families and will pray that they find comfort in the baby left behind.

Kristie, glad you found your debit card! I would have been Fifty Shades of Panic! I'm a victim of severe identity theft and things like that - not knowing where something is - makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Hope everyone else is doing well - working on a swap today and some DT cards since it's a "ME" day! LOL! I finally got a card blogged, too, and have about 6 more to go - LOL!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #3362
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Kristie, I meant to add .......... I dumped all my stamps on Craigslist and they sold within an hour. I listed 130 sets. It broke my heart, but I made a pack with myself that if I hadn't used them in 2-5 years, ever, then they needed to go. I had never sold on Craigslist either and the thought of it gave me the willies.

In the first hour, a man and his wife - lovely older couple from Europe - were at their summer home and saw the ad - wanted to drive 4 hours to my house to pick them up. I was in the middle of that deal when a lady 30 minutes away said she would meet me half way and take them all - they were not sold as a lot either, just listed one by one each set! So I had to tell him no thank you even though he was first I met her that afternoon and turns out she was the cutest in the world little old gramma! She wanted to stamp with her 15 year old daughter and they were just learning about SU! I gave her stacks of those 12 x 12 paper pads (DCWV type) and ribbons and inks. She was soooooo happy. I didn't meet her alone just in case, and we met in the middle of a busy crowded parking lot in a busy crowded mall in the middle of the day - LOL! When I saw her park and pull up, I was LOLing .......... bless her heart.

I sold some craft furnitures (ink holder shelf, ribbon holder, wire scrapbook shelving, etc) all on Craiglist as well and they were gone within 24 hours. I sold them cheap and way under value to move them, but it was for a good cause and I had had them for so many years, it was not in my wishes to make a huge profit, I just needed them gone to make room. We donated all the proceeds to the Big Dog Ranch where my dd started her Girl Scout Silver Award. It was a good day
Old 06-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #3363
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning ladies! We are having a fantastic time on vacation. Hikes and walks and just relaxing with great views off the deck of the house. We went to a trivia contest last night and got home about 9:00 and Pat had gotten a text from a neighbor that a mama moose and her baby were in the meadow below their house. We went to the deck to look and she was right off the deck, about 20 feet away, eating off of the newly planted aspens................ It was dark, but we would kind of see her and the baby--we watched for about 15 minutes until she walked away. Then, this morning, about 6:30, a male and the mama/baby came across the meadow again--this time walking pretty fast up the hill along side the house--maybe 100 yards away. That is the first time in the 2 years they have lived here to see them that close................

We are off to explore Breckinridge today--enjoying the sunshine and great temps too!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #3364
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my! I have been gone from SCS a L-O-N-G time! I'm not sure I'll ever catch up again. So, today I'm just popping in and dashing through... I’m not going to try to read to catch up. If I’ve missed something important, please let me know, okay?

"Where have I been?" you ask. There were trips and a week of teaching VBS at our church - oh! and I got terribly sick with allergies. (I have actually been sick for over 2 weeks, but am much MUCH better than I was. I made a HUGE scene at church two weeks ago - nearly passed out teaching Bible study. DH had to rescue me and take over the class. Oh my! That has NEVER happened before - and I hope it never does again.) Then I led that 11-hour workshop. Yikes! That took a lot out of me. Then my new computer had to go into the shop for some minor adjustments.

So, as you can see, life has been a roller coaster ride.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #3365
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon! We went for a 4 mile walk this morning and I am sitting in the shade, enjoying the mountain views. We had two male moose come through the meadow this morning when we were sitting outside drinking our morning coffee. That is day 5 of seeing moose--yay! Again, this is more than they have ever seen--we must bring good luck or moose pheromones!

A old friend of Rebecca is coming by this afternoon--they have not seen each other since college!

Enjoy your Thursday.
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #3366
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, good to see you and know all is ok - just busy!

Maggie - that's so sad about the guy/gal/and baby!

Maxine - glad things are better with you and you're healing good.

Barbara - you're making me tired talking about a 4 mile hike.

Kelly - are you getting out of stamping???????? Hope not!

Kristi - that's scary about the debit card. Glad all is ok now though!

Things are good around here. Hot and humid - typical Texas weather I'm afraid.

Had some excitement while ago. I walked out the back door and sat down at the patio, looked over and not three feet from me was a skunk! Geeze! I eased up out of the chair and literally took one giant leap to get in the house, slam the door and holler for Jim. Thank goodness Rambo wasn't outside!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #3367

Oh my! I sure wouldn't want to be that close to a skunk, Lynn!

Barb, sounds like you're having a fabulous time!

I'm rushing around here... trying to get things done... as I leave for prison bright and early on Monday morning.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #3368
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY for the weekend, though ours is jam packed and not sure that I'll have time to check in a lot

Lynn, to answer the question - kinda! In a nutshell, I packed up The Cabana to make a room for my dd - then she decided she didn't want it - then she found out she was going away to college, lol. So I decided "game room!" But long before that, I made a decision to get rid of a lot - and I mean 75% - of my stamping goodies (SU! sets and all my inks) because they were not being used as they should be. I read here on SCS from UnderstandingBlue a great idea to dump it all at low cost/garage sale prices and it would fly faster than if I sold them off one by one at higher prices, plus paypal costs, plus shipping, ebay fees, etc ........ and she was right! They FLEW! (the furniture was different, that was sold for more but still sold within a day)

I also noticed that I am really dragging in this area -- perhaps it's because my plate is too full, and I'm enjoying life with the kiddies - being involved in their schools, planning things, church, all their rehearsals and afterschool events, our book club and my book editing/reviewing, and just so much of life -- it's hard to fit in the crafting part. I love it, I just found that something had to give. When it took me 6 hours - yes SIX - to make a card .... just one card .... I realized something was wrong. Adult ADD? LOL! I literally would get distracted 10 times, or hate the card and start all over. So my beloved Cabana remains - for now - albeit much emptier and now has more storage boxes and bins than crafting items, but I don't mind - I stamp with what I have and make do

Jeanette, both welcome back and good luck in prison

Barb, your trip sounds like EVERYTHING I would love to be doing right about now - so glad you are getting to see Riley the Moose so often! LOL! My #1 bucket list item is white water rafting - I just must. I told my daughter that for my 50th, that's my trip - one way or another, even with my bum hip - I'm doing it! Trip of a lifetime it will be! ♥

Waving to everyone!!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #3369
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, I think that's such a wise decision on your part. I know you hated to get rid of all the things but can see your point exactly! I didn't even think about or consider doing something like this while my kids were still in school, etc. The time flies by so fast and you'll find they're all gone from home and making their own life soon enough - actually, TOO soon. You can never replace those years of being with them and doing the things you do together so cherish and enjoy each moment. They're priceless! Kudos and hugs to you!!!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #3370
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--the rivers are all pretty high and running very fast. They did not have a lot of snow this winter, and it has been a cool spring, so not much melting until lately. The past two weeks have been quite warm, so lots of recent melting and some rains have helped!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #3371
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--no moose siting yet today, but there still is time................... We are headed into Grand Lake later this afternoon for dinner and the musical Addams Family at a local playhouse. We went for another long walk this morning and maybe by Sunday I will be in shape!
Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #3372
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
On Maggie, what a sad incident - one cannot fathom what goes on in the mind of people like that - they are obviously unwell - that poor wee child

I went up to Hamilton today to see the surgeon and he is very pleased with the way my face has healed - the growth had tentacles, so I have to keep an eye on the site for any further lesions. Tomorrow it's back to Hamilton again for the eye clinic for Kelson.

I was chopping pumpkin for the stew for dinner this afternoon and I sliced my left thumb - it's taking a while to stop bleeding despite a dressing on it - oh joys, just what I needed. Looks as though my Carpel Tunnel surgery will be on the 15th of July - in the private system.

Kristie it was good to hear your card was returned - it must have been worrying when you first realised it was gone.

Kelly - I hope you have slowed down some these past couple of weeks.

Lynn, Shelly, Barb, Darlene Jeanette and Kel - waving to you all and hoping to hear from you soon
So glad to hear that you are healing up Maxine, but do be on the lookout that none of those tentacles act up. Hope all went well at the eye clinic. Ouch, sorry about your thumb. Please be careful. Glad that they got your CT surgery scheduled. Is it just 1 hand? Will you have some help around the house while you are recovering?

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #3373
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, lovelies!

Maxine, slowed down to a hare's pace, as opposed to a gazelle, perhaps! LOL! Today is REST day. I told the kids I need a break - even when we ARE home (which is rare) that I'm doing stuff for them Always a mom, it's our job, I know, but things like tackling their rooms, purging drawers and closets - you can do that yourself!

Maggie, that is just terrible. TERRIBLE. And so sad. It sounds like me like she desperately needed help and didn't get the help she needed. We never know what's going on inside someone's mind and how terrible the burdens are of the heart. It seems UNFATHOMABLE to me that a mom could leave a child, or hurt another, but that just tells you the depths of how deep her despair, or mental illness perhaps, was. Being in this field, both dh and I, we see a lot of scary things and sometimes I'm talking to someone, and they say one thing - just one sentence - and I pick up on it immediately that there are issues at hand. I guess that's the therapist in me, but my heart aches for their families and will pray that they find comfort in the baby left behind.

Kristie, glad you found your debit card! I would have been Fifty Shades of Panic! I'm a victim of severe identity theft and things like that - not knowing where something is - makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Hope everyone else is doing well - working on a swap today and some DT cards since it's a "ME" day! LOL! I finally got a card blogged, too, and have about 6 more to go - LOL!

Hugs!
How was your ME day Kelly! I hope you were able to have some fun and get lots done.

Yes, it is a very sad thing.

So sad! Well, they let this lady get away with trying to burn her DH and burning down their house. She got deferred adjudication which means she did some community service and it was never put on her record as a conviction, otherwise, she would not have been able to practice law. So maybe if she had been prosecuted back then and made to pay for her crime, things would have been different now.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #3374
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning ladies! We are having a fantastic time on vacation. Hikes and walks and just relaxing with great views off the deck of the house. We went to a trivia contest last night and got home about 9:00 and Pat had gotten a text from a neighbor that a mama moose and her baby were in the meadow below their house. We went to the deck to look and she was right off the deck, about 20 feet away, eating off of the newly planted aspens................ It was dark, but we would kind of see her and the baby--we watched for about 15 minutes until she walked away. Then, this morning, about 6:30, a male and the mama/baby came across the meadow again--this time walking pretty fast up the hill along side the house--maybe 100 yards away. That is the first time in the 2 years they have lived here to see them that close................

We are off to explore Breckinridge today--enjoying the sunshine and great temps too!
How fun is that! Sounds like you guys are having a blast!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #3375
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Oh my! I have been gone from SCS a L-O-N-G time! I'm not sure I'll ever catch up again. So, today I'm just popping in and dashing through... Im not going to try to read to catch up. If Ive missed something important, please let me know, okay?

"Where have I been?" you ask. There were trips and a week of teaching VBS at our church - oh! and I got terribly sick with allergies. (I have actually been sick for over 2 weeks, but am much MUCH better than I was. I made a HUGE scene at church two weeks ago - nearly passed out teaching Bible study. DH had to rescue me and take over the class. Oh my! That has NEVER happened before - and I hope it never does again.) Then I led that 11-hour workshop. Yikes! That took a lot out of me. Then my new computer had to go into the shop for some minor adjustments.

So, as you can see, life has been a roller coaster ride.
Wow Jeanette, that is pretty scary about almost passing out. I have never done that and don't want to. It must be a really crazy feeling when it happens. Maybe you were stretched just a little bit too thin. Glad to hear that you are feeling better though.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #3376
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, good to see you and know all is ok - just busy!

Maggie - that's so sad about the guy/gal/and baby!

Maxine - glad things are better with you and you're healing good.

Barbara - you're making me tired talking about a 4 mile hike.

Kelly - are you getting out of stamping???????? Hope not!

Kristi - that's scary about the debit card. Glad all is ok now though!

Things are good around here. Hot and humid - typical Texas weather I'm afraid.

Had some excitement while ago. I walked out the back door and sat down at the patio, looked over and not three feet from me was a skunk! Geeze! I eased up out of the chair and literally took one giant leap to get in the house, slam the door and holler for Jim. Thank goodness Rambo wasn't outside!
Yikes! You must really live out in the country! What happened to the skunk? Do you not have a fence? I used to have possums coming in my back yard all the time to eat up all the leftover cat food at night, but haven't had one in quite a while and hope to keep it that way. The never bothered the cats and the cats didn't bother them. Probably thought it was just another cat!
Old 06-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #3377
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh my! I sure wouldn't want to be that close to a skunk, Lynn!

Barb, sounds like you're having a fabulous time!

I'm rushing around here... trying to get things done... as I leave for prison bright and early on Monday morning.
Jeanette! I hope that they don't keep you there on Monday and let you come home!
Old 06-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #3378
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Afternoon--no moose siting yet today, but there still is time................... We are headed into Grand Lake later this afternoon for dinner and the musical Addams Family at a local playhouse. We went for another long walk this morning and maybe by Sunday I will be in shape!
Enjoy! One of my Great Nephews is in the orchestra and they played at their HS for the performances of The Addams Family. They were so good that they went to state and then to Nationals! Haven't heard yet how that turned out. I'm sure you'll enjoy the play.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #3379
Quacker Stamper

I'm back on my Zyrtec. The nasal spray wasn't really doing much for me and it can have some bad side effects. I made my appointment to go for my allergy testing on the 7th, so I have to remember to quit taking my meds starting next Tuesday. I got the okay from my dr to stop my BP meds until after the testing. It's only for a week. I just need to check my BP every day to make sure it doesn't spike up. I only have to stop the Zyrtec 3 days before the testing.

I am supposed to go to DD's for dinner on Sunday. It was our regular day, but she told me last weekend that her MIL and FIL were coming into town for some doctor appt for her. I think I told you guys that she was diagnosed with color cancer some months ago. So they are going to be there for dinner also as well as my SIL's brother and his family. I was all ready to go too, but then I got a text from her this morning (what's with all the texting? What happened to the phone?) Anyway, she said that she and DH were talking and they wanted to make sure that everyone who came over needed to be 100% completely and absolutely healthy to make sure she doesn't catch a bug. Well, I think I'm 100% healthy except for these darn allergies, so now I'm not going. Actually his mom should be wearing a face mask to keep her from breathing in germs. I'm also not sure I can deal with seeing her either. I lost my BFF last May to the same disease.

I signed up today for the Copics Workshop - 2 days and 3 classes! Can't wait. It's August 21 and 22, so I'll take a vacation day on August 21. I love taking the classes and hope to learn a lot more.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 AM   #3380

Maggie, to respond to your comment... I knew when I went to church to teach that Sunday morning that I was too sick to do so. But ours is a small church and all of the other adult teachers were gone that week. I was the ONLY one left here... so I felt like I had to teach (and I thought I could get through it). My body, obviously, thought otherwise.

Okay ladies, I have a lot to do today (still trying to catch up here), so I'm out of here. I'll see you after I get back from prison next week! DH says "maybe" they'll let me leave then. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #3381
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--how fun to take three Copic classes. Which ones are you taking and who is teacihng?
Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 AM   #3382
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--this is our last full day on vacation and at the house in the mountains. We will head to their "other" house in Denver tonight and our flight leaves early tomorrow morning.

We had a great dinner last night and the musical Addams Family was a hoot. No plans today--just hanging out and soaking the last of the awesome mountain views--and maybe a moose siting................

I will probably be back online sometime Monday or Tuesday--after getting everything done at home--cutting the grass (or baling it after 9 days away and close to 2" of rain)--going through the mail, laundry and grocery shopping. Plus, I have a stamp class Tuesday morning--I do have my priorities!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #3383
Proud Fan Club Member

Default MIA

Hi Ladies- I have read and caught up, but have to get to bed tonight!

Life is moving quite swiftly here- Ray is back home after his presentation all week last week in NJ which he prepared for by working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last 2 months......we had 24 hours alone : ) and Katie came back today- we have been running all day and leave for DC first thing in the AM.

We are going to stopping at Gettysburg and Antiton (spelling) on the way out there, so will stop and spend the night somewhere along the way. We drive home next week on Sunday and I work Monday, so I will be off line for the next week. I will try to pop in, but we will be quite busy, so I may or may not....I will try to comment on blogs though- I usually do that each week on Sundays.....

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 06-29-2015, 07:35 AM   #3384
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Busy ladies!! Sounds like everyone is coming and going and lots of doing!

Took the pups to get their annual vaccines on Saturday and check ups - both doing well. I thought about you, Maggie - while we were there, a lady came in with a tiny easter basket with two very young kittens in it. She said her neighbor's cat had kittens and rejected them, and the owner of the mama cat (said the lady with a very stern look "She's very young and irresponsible") just dumped them on her lawn! So she said these were the only two that made it, they were 4 weeks old - ones eyes were open, one wasn't, and she had been bottle feeding them. They both got a good check up and chance at life and my daughter was chomping at the bit to take them home! I reminder her "dad. You. Cat allergies. No." They were SOOOOO TINY!!!! And so very young. One was all orange, and the other was mostly grey with flecks of white. So so cute. We wish them well ♥

I finally made it out to Cabana yesterday in that monsoon we had - made 4 cards, yay me! Its so much easier going out there and not having to look at the clock and think "time to leave, this kid needs picked up!"

We have a few trips in the next few weeks, nearly back to back so I'm cleaning up loose ends here and projects due. DD has her college orientation soon and we're both leaving (it's a 2 day overnight thing), and then dh has a 5 day work conference in Daytona - WOOT WOOT! The boss said bring your spouses, so he is! It will be a lot of downtime for me but at the beach - I'm there! And then we move dd to college the week after Then school starts up again in early August - BAH HUMBUG!!

And I'm off to find another cup of coffee!

Hugs all!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #3385
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, to respond to your comment... I knew when I went to church to teach that Sunday morning that I was too sick to do so. But ours is a small church and all of the other adult teachers were gone that week. I was the ONLY one left here... so I felt like I had to teach (and I thought I could get through it). My body, obviously, thought otherwise.

Okay ladies, I have a lot to do today (still trying to catch up here), so I'm out of here. I'll see you after I get back from prison next week! DH says "maybe" they'll let me leave then. (((HUGS)))
Hope that the prison ministry goes well. What do you actually do there?

Just be careful when you are not feeling well. You would be contagious and give it to someone else or like you did - pass out and fall and hurt yourself.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #3386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie--how fun to take three Copic classes. Which ones are you taking and who is teacihng?
I'm taking the Complete Workshop - 2 classes on Friday - One is Additional Whimsical Hair and Faces and the other is a Tonal class - Sepia tones and black & White tones (this one is new). On Saturday it's all about Style with style and clothing class. Michelle Houghton is teaching the class. She is new to me.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #3387
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Busy ladies!! Sounds like everyone is coming and going and lots of doing!

Took the pups to get their annual vaccines on Saturday and check ups - both doing well. I thought about you, Maggie - while we were there, a lady came in with a tiny easter basket with two very young kittens in it. She said her neighbor's cat had kittens and rejected them, and the owner of the mama cat (said the lady with a very stern look "She's very young and irresponsible") just dumped them on her lawn! So she said these were the only two that made it, they were 4 weeks old - ones eyes were open, one wasn't, and she had been bottle feeding them. They both got a good check up and chance at life and my daughter was chomping at the bit to take them home! I reminder her "dad. You. Cat allergies. No." They were SOOOOO TINY!!!! And so very young. One was all orange, and the other was mostly grey with flecks of white. So so cute. We wish them well ♥

I finally made it out to Cabana yesterday in that monsoon we had - made 4 cards, yay me! Its so much easier going out there and not having to look at the clock and think "time to leave, this kid needs picked up!"

We have a few trips in the next few weeks, nearly back to back so I'm cleaning up loose ends here and projects due. DD has her college orientation soon and we're both leaving (it's a 2 day overnight thing), and then dh has a 5 day work conference in Daytona - WOOT WOOT! The boss said bring your spouses, so he is! It will be a lot of downtime for me but at the beach - I'm there! And then we move dd to college the week after Then school starts up again in early August - BAH HUMBUG!!

And I'm off to find another cup of coffee!

Hugs all!
That is so sad about the kittens. I truly believe that if you're going to have cats that go outside, you should have them spayed or neutered! Otherwise it never stops - more kittens that get rejected either by the mother or the owner. Bad! I do hope that they find a furever home soon.

Glad you were able to have some crafting time. I spent a lot of time in my stamp room this weekend. Was supposed to go to the show with a GF, but then she called me and had forgotten that her DGS was in a swim meet and she reallyl needed to be there and I can understand that. They are only young a little for so long and then grown up and gone away. If I have the inclination, I'll try to see the movie this week, but not sure if I'll make it either.

Sounds like you are going to be busy again for the next few weeks. Have a fun time in Daytona. The summer does seem to fly by doesn't it, and then the school year just drags!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #3388
Quacker Stamper

Quiet weekend at my house. I did have a hair dresser appointment Saturday morning. Just got a little bit cut off into a bob. She layered it in the back so it's more fluffy and looks fuller. It's nice because I just have to blow it dry with my brush - no curling iron or hair spray except just a tad to keep it under control.

I can't even tell you what I did on Saturday - just stuff around the house and cleaning up stamp room. Got my ATC swap done. That required a bit of cutting out so that took some time.

Sunday, was just church. I only had one lady in class that has been coming these 3 weeks. She's an older lady and has done nothing with her family tree. It's all up in her head and she told us on Sunday that they think she may have suffered a mini stroke so her mind is a little clouded. Need to get the information on her tree on Family Search while she still remembers it all. I helped her do some of that on Sunday.

I didn't go to DD's for dinner on Sunday and neither did my SIL's brother. They had sickness in their family. I didn't and don't have any sickness, but my DD is very particular, so I thought it best just to stay away. This week is her birthday. She sent me an e-mail about getting together and wanted to know if I wanted to go out there for dinner on Wednesday - long drive and I have my chiropractor appointment after work, so not sure about that. This coming weekend is July 4 and they will probably be up at the Lake with the rest of the family which I am not going to. I may take myself somewhere close by to watch some fireworks.

It was so wierd here this morning. When I got on my computer here at work I was trying to go to a couple of websites where I pay bills to change my account information, and I couldn't get to them or I was getting a "sonic wall" message which means it was blocked! ??????????????? Don't know what that was about. Sent an e-mail to "Help Desk" and after awhile our IT guy e-mailed me as wanted to know what it said. I didn't remember and didn't write it down, but when I went back to one of the websites to check it out, it was working then!!!! So strange. The terrible part was the SCS was also one of the places that I got the Sonic Wall. I was so afraid that they had gone through my History or something and had blocked everywhere I had been going. Lucky that wasn't the case!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #3389
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have taken two classes from Debbie Olson-and the hair/faces was the last one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I'm taking the Complete Workshop - 2 classes on Friday - One is Additional Whimsical Hair and Faces and the other is a Tonal class - Sepia tones and black & White tones (this one is new). On Saturday it's all about Style with style and clothing class. Michelle Houghton is teaching the class. She is new to me.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #3390
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Evening Everyone! We got back from vacation yesterday afternoon and it has been pretty much non-stop since then. I was able to cut the grass yesterday between a couple of rounds of rain and it was not as long as I thought it was going to be-it was more like a typical cut. I also did our wash last night and got everything put away. Today I got caught up on emails and then the bin of mail came, recorded all of the swaps that came in. We had some rain today too, but not the storms they had predicted. We did have more than 2 inches during the week we were gone and there are to be showers pretty much every day this week. That is OK--as long as it is nice and sunny on Sunday for our annual 4th of July party. We will have probably 35 family and friends here that day and a nephew and his two little girls are coming on Saturday to stay overnight--that will be fun!

I have stamp class tomorrow and then time in the stamp room to get caught up there! I love getting inky!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #3391
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have taken two classes from Debbie Olson-and the hair/faces was the last one.
I started out taking classes when Jenn Balcar left SCS and was working with the Copic's group. I've taken most of my classes with Colleen Schann and from Lori Craig.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #3392
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Barb- your trip to Co sounded awesome- and glad you are getting caught up.

Maggie- the Copic classes sound great! Hope you are feeling better too. I have am having a terrible time with Mold allergies- cause it has rained so much this summer- Mold counts always go up after it rains
Hope you do line up a fun fireworks celebration.

Kelly- sounds like summer is breezing right along! Wahoo for your daughter getting ready to head off to college so cool! Your time away with hubby in Daytona sounds awesome!

Jeanette- the prison ministry sounds great- you really have your hands full! Hope you are felling better- kinda dangerous to be passing out! Hope that was a temp situation!

We drove to Gettysburg yesterday, and today toured Gettysburg and Antietam. I am traveling with 2 history buffs, so now the DC scene is pretty thrilling. We will get up early and heading to Arlington Cemetery- 2 1/2 hour tour. We have a congressional tour on Wednesday- should be great! We rented a place through Air bnb- recommended by my sis- great location and nice to be in a place that has a fridge and a stove and 2 bedrooms. Not too far from the White House either.......

Blessings to all- trying to hit blogs- sorry I am delinquent!

Waving hello to all : )

Shelly
Old 06-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #3393
Mad Swapper

I think I am the delinquent one Shelly - for some reason the notifications are not coming to my in-box and I get behind.

Life here is barreling along - to Rotorua today for optometrists appointments for us both, and new glasses - nearly $900 later..... we go back in 2 weeks to pick up the specs. Rotorua is closer than Hamilton and an easier drive, as well as being easier to drive about in it. I did not get to any hobby shops as DH does not walk for any distance now, and I am away to the big craft fair in 10 days

The weather here has warmed up again and is dry but cloudy, quite pleasant for nearly mid-winter.

Shelly it sound as though you are having a wonderful trip

Maggie that was weird about being blocked from sites - glad to hear it is all o.k. now.

Kelly that poor woman, feeling as though she had to take responsibility for those kittens - I probably would too, but DH would object i suspect. Wow - sounds as though your summer is almost as busy as your school times!!

Barb you trip away sounds wonderful with all those elk sightings - and glad the lawns weren't too bad when you got back.

Waving to you all from down under - or should that smiley be upside down?????
Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM   #3394
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #3395
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! Maxine, wow, $900! That's quite an expense, my friend! How is your little nose area doing from where they took the suspicious spot off and stitched it up? I hope you've healed wonderful! Yes, we are busy - but we have had plenty of down days, too - I make plans a few days a week, and tell them we must stay put the rest, LOL!

MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me about this Sonic Wall - what is it, and should I be worried? Last week, I was locked out of almost all of my sites. And I had no idea why. All my regular 'spots' were blocked, including SCS, and I had a hard time requesting new passwords and resigning in to everywhere. I thought it was just me. It felt weird so I stayed off anywhere that was really big, like the bank and dd's school/scholarship award monies, but it was really odd. I changed all my passwords, and so far so good - but now I'm worried - tell me more!

Yesterday I took ds to Barnes and Nobles to get his two new books that we ordered. He finished one, over 150 pages, on the car ride home! I live 15 minutes away!!!!
Also went to Mikes in hopes of finding a specific paper but no such luck and they had 100's of colors to choose from - just not the one I wanted, LOL! (maybe that was a sign) I also noticed how changed it is - and not in a good way! Most of the old craft stuff I would normally go find is gone It seems more like hardware, jewelry, art class type things and minimal crafting. Joanns is the same - completely more like Michaels and pared down crafting just with a lot of material. Where do we shop now!??? We recently acquired a Hobby Lobby - that's next on my list to hit up, but they are a bit pricier than the coupons/specials at Mikes. Oh what to do .........

Yesterday it looked a little cloudy when we got home and since it rains every afternoon in Florida, I got a 'wild hair' as my mom says and decided to whack down all our trees out back that are overgrown. Dh wasn't home and I don't know how to use his chain saw, so I did most of it by hand! We're talking HUGE tree limbs - and when I absolutely couldn't do any more, my dd jumped in Dd and her boyfriend were just getting home and he was so excited to help out, so he did a few trees as well (not to impress us, he's already done that - lol, apparently the kid loves yard work! Okay ... HIRED!) I ended up taking down 3 full trees and the yard looks so much more open, especially above the pool area. The huge pile of limbs and branches reaches over 15 feet and I had to call the county for our annual 'big tree pick up'. But this am, the yard had so much more sun and it was nice taking coffee on the porch

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #3396
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie, just letting you know I tried to comment on your cards today and it comes up saying to try again - and something about Spam. Don't know if it's from you or me but I can't get a comment to stick. I loved the cards though!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #3397
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--I wanted to tell you the story you told of the former baseball player killed by his ex-girlfriend or ex-wife used to play here in Milwaukee--and was also a fill in radio announcer last year when our regular guy Bob Uecher was not able to. There was a story in the local paper that I read when I got home from vacation--very sad.........................
Old 06-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #3398
Gabfest Goddess

Well, look who the cat dragged in!!

It sure has been a rough few months, but last weekend I spent quiet time, taking care of myself, building back up my emotional and psychic energies. Actually made 6 cards!! The first in quite a while.

I've missed you all. Really. But believe me, I wasn't fit company. I would have depressed all of you with my details.

But everything should finally be back to normal now (I thought that a couple of times over the past months, but it's for sure this time LOL)

Maxine, sounds like you had some facial surgery? Hope that recovery is going well.

Waving to all of you! Feel free to catch me up on anything important here. Thanks!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #3399
Mad Swapper

Yay Darlene - welcome back. I have been wondering how you are and praying.... So good to hear you have been able to take time out and recover and make cards.
I had a small cancer cut out of my face - all healed now and looking good, but a bit tender at times is I rub it the wrong way .
Old 06-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #3400
Pearl-ExPert

WELCOME BACK Darlene!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to know that things have settled down some now. Hugs!