Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #3321
Quacker Stamper

On Tuesday we had book club. Instead of reviewing a book, we watched To Kill a Mockingbird. Great movie. If you've never seen it, you definitely should. There were only a few of us there, but we all really enjoyed it. Even our hostess's DH joined us to watch it also. It wasn't over until 10, so a late night.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #3322
Quacker Stamper

I had a Groupon for a home cleaning and decided to use it this Saturday since it was supposed to be rainy and I wouldn't get to do anything anyway. But! I had to clean up the house, put things away, etc. I don't want things laying around that will impede her cleaning! I also get 3 more months reduced cost cleaning!

I was up early at 6 this morning since the cleaning lady was coming at 8 and she was on time. Found out that I'm her first customer working for this service. She seemed nice enough, but she really didn't know exactly what she should be doing. She didn't sweep or vacuum the floors before using my Shark and the Bona on the wood floors. She did vacuum the rug in the living room.

After the lady left and I went and looked at the house, there was a big smeary spot on the floor in the computer room that she didn't clean. Using the Shark, the floors should have been sparkling clean. I also had to sweep all the rooms in the house and the hallway after she left and got a ton of dirt up. How could she use the Bona mop and the Shark without first sweeping or vacuum up the dirt?? My bathroom floor was not cleaned or mopped. It's ceramic tile 4" x 4" tiles and the grout was dirty and she didn't scrub that either. Also, she didn't clean the toilet bowl in my bathroom. I'm so annoyed that they sent someone who was new. From what I can gather, they don't even give them any training and they bring their own supplies. I even let her use my supplies and my Bona cleaner for my wood floors and she didn't even clean the hallway. She just did the bedroom and the living room and I saw a spot in the living room that she didn't clean up.
Very dissatisfied with this lady and the company if this is the quality of help they send out.

While she was here I was working on cleaning up my stamp room and going through my box of Stampin Up stuff that I got ages ago and never went through. I want to spend some time here getting things organized and maybe even labeled.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #3323
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie what a disappointment to not have the house cleaned properly

We had tea out with family last night, and were home quite early, but headed straight to bed - didn't get a good night though as DH is back on his chest infection meds, and the prednisone doesn't let him sleep that well so we were late up and stayed home from church. i am about to head out to the studio now.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #3324
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Good Morning ladies : )

Heard HP got my computer- no more communications though..... So no clue when it will be back.... I am busy making cards and ATC's in the background, they are just too much of a pain to upload on here- I have to email pictures from my phone.....I could try to get Ray to upload and e-mail to me from his computer, but he is still working 14 hours a day and I do not want to interrupt him. He goes to New Jersey for the presentation next week, so the long says should end when he gets back!

Wet and rainy/humid here- I did call another person for the A/C- he is going to come tomorrow..... small operation-my neighbor uses him, so we'll see. I am hoping we do not need a new A/c....

Maggie- so sorry about the fleas- Peanut had them one summer and we could not get rid of them for ages- the neighbors dog got them, her son was visiting and their dog got them..... Hope they get the tire fixed soon- what a pain! How is your foot doing?

Maxine- wishing you lots of Z's! I know when hubby is restless, I do not sleep well. How fun that the little ones get to drop by- when I was little, we had to drive hours to Grandma's, so could not just drop by- I think those influences are so important! Good memories for sure : ) Hope hubby improves quickly- I am not so fond of taking steroids myself, but if you have to take them to feel better.....My Dad has COPD and Asthma, and he has Prednisone he takes however much he thinks he needs- always worse with Spring and Fall allergies for him.......

Waving hello to all! I am going to go get more stamping done- lots of cards needed- a couple of Sympathy cards. One day I am going to make extra's to have on hand for if they are needed.

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #3325
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, at least HP has the computer now so hopefully it won't be long. Know that's a pain.

Maxine, Jim just got that same steroid medication this past week (back problem) and the doctor told him not to take it after 5:00 pm. as it may make him jittery and not able to sleep. Maybe your husband can start taking it earlier or something so he can get some rest.

Sorry about the housekeeper Maggie. Maybe they'll send someone else next time if you request it and all. Nothing worse than having someone come and then not doing the job right.

I have an offer: I ordered a Stampendous rubber cling stamp from Ellen Hutson last week and it came today. The stamps are bigger than what I thought and they don't have the one I really want so thought I'd see if any of y'all want to buy it. Here's the link to EH where I got it: Stampendous Jumbo Cling Stamps, Butterfly Trio by Fran Seiford - Ellen Hutson LLC I'd put a picture of it on here but you can see it if you click the link. It was $12.00 and then I'd have to charge for mailing it to you. If you'd like to have it just PM me. Don't know what I'd do with it otherwise. I love the stamps but it's just a little too big for the cards I normally make.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #3326
Mad Swapper

Hi Lynn - I am tempted, but I have numerous butterflies, and the postage would kill it for me
Kelson takes the prednisone at breakfast, so can't take it much earlier than that, I'm afraid.

Shelly, Kelson has COPD with Bronchiectisis on top of that again .....

It's sunning here , so I have been out and picked broccoli, sliver beet, spring onions, celery and parsley for a bacon and vegetable omelette-y thing that we will have for dinner this evening.

I had a good run in the studio yesterday afternoon with one card completed, and 4 ATC sized cards with scripture or a quote on - I give them to our pastor to take when hospital visiting, or to go in the 'birthday basket', as he wishes. i hope to get back out there again in a minute or two.

Waving to Maggie, Kel, Kelly, Kristie, Darlene and Jeanette Trust you are all well and as happy as you can be.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 AM   #3327
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! This is going to be a very busy week as we are leaving Friday for 9 days in Colorado visiting some friends who live by Winter Park. I have quite a few cards projects and two swaps to finish this week, plus I am organizing, swapping and mailing the summer swap today. I also am helping a friend with a rummage sale on Thursday as we are selling things with them. I also hope to cut the grass today and Friday morning, but it needs to stop raining to dry out this morning..................

Have a great start to the new week!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 06-15-2015 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-15-2015, 06:58 AM   #3328
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!!

I'mmmmmmmmmm back!

Today is the official first day of 'real' summer now that VBS is over - whew! It was not as enjoyable this year as previous. I've noticed that the classes get too big, the kids are just really ill behaved and the parents use it as a baby sitting service, not a real interest in the mission or returning back to the church I was actually breaking up fights! But I do love the little ones and how a few of them really enjoy the whole week so that makes it worth it!

I've missed sooooooooo much! I hope to catch up and stay caught up!

I finally made a card and blogged! gahhhh! IT's been a MONTH!! Time just got the better of me and then I misplaced my memory card for the camera - lol. My iPhone takes the worst pictures ... and a then of course, I remembered where it was yesterday ... right where I left it *grin* I'm getting old!

Mag, sorry about the cleaning lady. Maybe she was just nervous? I'm sure I'd have to have note cards to remember it all. Or maybe she wasn't familiar with the machines, especially if she wasn't trained by her job And are you feeling better!!!

Max, glad your sun is coming out and I hope dh is better. My dh took prednisone for his asthma and was fine (other than weight gain, but he needed it anyway!) but when my son took it, he was bouncing off the walls! He literally was like on speed - so we switched him to Xopenex, another type of bronchodilator, and it was amazing! We/he are all much happier.

Lynn, good luck with your sale! Barb, with your stamping and grass and getting ready for a trip that sounds amazing!!! I loooooooooong to see Colorado - lucky lady!!

It's officially raining season here -- Summers in South Florida! Sunshine one minute, torrential rain the next -- so today looks like a good day to stay in and stamp. The zoo tomorrow so we'll stay close to home today - especially since 3 of my 4 are all asleep!

Waving to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #3329
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie what a disappointment to not have the house cleaned properly

We had tea out with family last night, and were home quite early, but headed straight to bed - didn't get a good night though as DH is back on his chest infection meds, and the prednisone doesn't let him sleep that well so we were late up and stayed home from church. i am about to head out to the studio now.
Hope it doesn't take too long for DH to get over the infection.

We were supposed to have mediation here on Wednesday, but got a call that one of the attorneys is in the hospital. From the message that was left, it sounded like he had cellulitis like I did and either it had gotten really bad and had to go on IV antibiotics or he had something else equally gross, but he's in the hospital with it. I'm glad my 2 ZPacs got rid of mine for me.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #3330
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Good Morning ladies : )

Heard HP got my computer- no more communications though..... So no clue when it will be back.... I am busy making cards and ATC's in the background, they are just too much of a pain to upload on here- I have to email pictures from my phone.....I could try to get Ray to upload and e-mail to me from his computer, but he is still working 14 hours a day and I do not want to interrupt him. He goes to New Jersey for the presentation next week, so the long says should end when he gets back!

Wet and rainy/humid here- I did call another person for the A/C- he is going to come tomorrow..... small operation-my neighbor uses him, so we'll see. I am hoping we do not need a new A/c....

Maggie- so sorry about the fleas- Peanut had them one summer and we could not get rid of them for ages- the neighbors dog got them, her son was visiting and their dog got them..... Hope they get the tire fixed soon- what a pain! How is your foot doing?

Maxine- wishing you lots of Z's! I know when hubby is restless, I do not sleep well. How fun that the little ones get to drop by- when I was little, we had to drive hours to Grandma's, so could not just drop by- I think those influences are so important! Good memories for sure : ) Hope hubby improves quickly- I am not so fond of taking steroids myself, but if you have to take them to feel better.....My Dad has COPD and Asthma, and he has Prednisone he takes however much he thinks he needs- always worse with Spring and Fall allergies for him.......

Waving hello to all! I am going to go get more stamping done- lots of cards needed- a couple of Sympathy cards. One day I am going to make extra's to have on hand for if they are needed.

Have a great day
Shelly
Shelly, so very sorry about the computer issues, but I can relate. Mine has been acting up lately. I'm sure it has a hidden virus somewhere. It is running so slow - almost at a standstill. My e-mails won't load, it takes forever for pages to load if they do at all! I've run my Norton and StopZilla and it says that they got rid of 2 infections, but there is still something hidden. I was hoping our IT guy could look at it today, but so far he hasn't come to get it. We did do some moving up here at the office over the weekend, so I'm sure they are both trying to get everyone's computer back up and running again.

Hope that the A/C guy got there and got it fixed! We couldn't do without it down here. Of course, today is cloudy and now rainy so it won't get too hot.

I'm still trying to get some Advantage on Corey, but everything I get close he runs off. Stinker! I keep checking Casper since he's the other white one and if there are any on him, then I'll know to spray around the house again.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #3331
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Shelly, at least HP has the computer now so hopefully it won't be long. Know that's a pain.

Maxine, Jim just got that same steroid medication this past week (back problem) and the doctor told him not to take it after 5:00 pm. as it may make him jittery and not able to sleep. Maybe your husband can start taking it earlier or something so he can get some rest.

Sorry about the housekeeper Maggie. Maybe they'll send someone else next time if you request it and all. Nothing worse than having someone come and then not doing the job right.

I have an offer: I ordered a Stampendous rubber cling stamp from Ellen Hutson last week and it came today. The stamps are bigger than what I thought and they don't have the one I really want so thought I'd see if any of y'all want to buy it. Here's the link to EH where I got it: Stampendous Jumbo Cling Stamps, Butterfly Trio by Fran Seiford - Ellen Hutson LLC I'd put a picture of it on here but you can see it if you click the link. It was $12.00 and then I'd have to charge for mailing it to you. If you'd like to have it just PM me. Don't know what I'd do with it otherwise. I love the stamps but it's just a little too big for the cards I normally make.
Sorry that Jim has to take the Prednisone. I've taken it before and won't again. Whenever I have it has helped me gain at least 10 pounds. I call it the "See Food Diet" cause if I see food, I want to eat it! I just couldn't help myself.

I haven't gotten a response back from my last e-mail to them saying that I'd like to have 2.5 hours free in July and my tip back. If I don't get something I for sure won't ever use them again and I'd update my bad review on their Yelp page.

Those are pretty butterflies, but not something that I'd purchase myself or use. Maybe you can try the BST thread on here.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #3332
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday! This is going to be a very busy week as we are leaving Friday for 9 days in Colorado visiting some friends who live by Winter Park. I have quite a few cards projects and two swaps to finish this week, plus I am organizing, swapping and mailing the summer swap today. I also am helping a friend with a rummage sale on Thursday as we are selling things with them. I also hope to cut the grass today and Friday morning, but it needs to stop raining to dry out this morning..................

Have a great start to the new week!
You do have a busy week planned. I hope to get a lot done this evening in my stamp room. I have two swaps to finish (one 6 cards, the other 11 ATC's).

I'd still like to get some more organizing done. I've got to figure out what I want to do with my dies. I'm thinking that I may just get a few more magnetic sheets for my Art Bin. I bought some 8 x 11 magnetic sheets from somewhere and they are not sturdy enough, very flimsy and won't hold the dies. If anyone has a use for them (I think I may have 10, but not sure), I'd be glad to send them off to you.

We're getting heavy rain again. Hope it stops by 5 on my way home.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #3333
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning!!

I'mmmmmmmmmm back!

Today is the official first day of 'real' summer now that VBS is over - whew! It was not as enjoyable this year as previous. I've noticed that the classes get too big, the kids are just really ill behaved and the parents use it as a baby sitting service, not a real interest in the mission or returning back to the church I was actually breaking up fights! But I do love the little ones and how a few of them really enjoy the whole week so that makes it worth it!

I've missed sooooooooo much! I hope to catch up and stay caught up!

I finally made a card and blogged! gahhhh! IT's been a MONTH!! Time just got the better of me and then I misplaced my memory card for the camera - lol. My iPhone takes the worst pictures ... and a then of course, I remembered where it was yesterday ... right where I left it *grin* I'm getting old!

Mag, sorry about the cleaning lady. Maybe she was just nervous? I'm sure I'd have to have note cards to remember it all. Or maybe she wasn't familiar with the machines, especially if she wasn't trained by her job And are you feeling better!!!

Max, glad your sun is coming out and I hope dh is better. My dh took prednisone for his asthma and was fine (other than weight gain, but he needed it anyway!) but when my son took it, he was bouncing off the walls! He literally was like on speed - so we switched him to Xopenex, another type of bronchodilator, and it was amazing! We/he are all much happier.

Lynn, good luck with your sale! Barb, with your stamping and grass and getting ready for a trip that sounds amazing!!! I loooooooooong to see Colorado - lucky lady!!

It's officially raining season here -- Summers in South Florida! Sunshine one minute, torrential rain the next -- so today looks like a good day to stay in and stamp. The zoo tomorrow so we'll stay close to home today - especially since 3 of my 4 are all asleep!

Waving to everyone!
Welcome back to the fold Kelly! So good to have you here again.

Sorry your experience with VBS wasn't up to par with prior years. Those little ones can be a handful.

I will have to check out your blog. I went around yesterday and visited everyone and noticed that you didn't have anything new up there. Can't wait to see it.

She told me it was her first job, so that was a big part of it, and I really don't think that they train the people and don't give them the supplies to use. I did show her how to use the machines, but the big thing was that she didn't use her own vacuum to vacuum my floors!

It's been monsoon season here since December! I'm glad that every once in awhile we get a few clear sunny days otherwise I don't know what I'd do. I was hoping it would clear up by the time I leave to go home. I want to stop by and see my friend in the nursing home and I need to run into the drug store and pick up a graduation card for my DGD in CA. Yikes! I know I didn't make any of the 3 graduation cards I need this year.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 AM   #3334
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did get the grass cut yesterday, even though it was sort of wet. I did get the summer cards swapped and mailed too. My car is all packed up with tables and boxes of things to sell at the rummage sale this week--heading to my friend's house at 10:00. Then--back home and spending all day in the stamp room and hope to get ahead on what needs to get done this week!

Have a Fantastic Tuesday!!!!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #3335
Quacker Stamper

I've been home today. Woke up with a queasy stomach so decided to stay at home for awhile anyway. Thought I might head in after lunch, but not it looks like the bad rains will come this way in about an hour and I don't want to have to worry about getting home later. The rains are supposed to continue through tomorrow. Haven't gotten much accomplished today, so maybe now I'll see if I can go work on one of my swaps.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #3336
Quacker Stamper

I have heard from the cleaning service. They are refunding me my $$ and they are also going to send someone else in July to clean my house for free. Now I just have to figure out when I want them to come. I host Book Club in July, so it would be nice to have them come the Saturday before.

I've been thinking lately about my blog and that no one was coming to visit me and comment on my cards. I haven't gotten an e-mail in ages. I checked my blog today and saw a bunch of comments and went and checked my Spam folder and they were all in there. I found comments all the way back to mid May! I know it happens every once in awhile but hadn't checked the folder in awhile.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #3337
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello- dropping in to say hello!

Oh yes, that Prednisone can be nasty! Funny thing, the last time I was blasted with it, they gave me a huge dose- and it did not bother me a bit. The smaller dose- 4 mg dose packs- makes me crazy! No sleep, eating alot, etc.....
Hoping Jim and Kelson improve quickly!

Lynn- hope your garden did not get drowned out! And, I will also pass on the butterflies- they are really pretty though!

Hello Kelley- welcome back! I have never managed to help out at VBS. Our church this year asked for help with the kids even if it is just a coupe of hours, or cooking for the leaders..... so, I may finally get to help. You have had quite the month! Grad pics on FB looked awesome!

Maggie- glad the cleaning service responded so nicely. Too bad the lady had no training- hope she did not get fired : ( Hope the fleas are gone. Hope your stomach is better soon.

Barb- you have the life! Colorado sounds delightful. It is so nice there too- no bugs, nice comfortable days...sounds wonderful- enjoy! How big is the lawn you mow???

Mmmmm Maxine- that mix of veg's sounds delicious! I love the idea of prayer ATC's for your pastor to hand out- very cool idea!

Waving hello to all- Off to warm up some food for dinner : )

Shelly
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #3338
Mad Swapper

Has anyone here ever tried Chocolate and chilli?

I treated myself to an "artisan" block of chocolate and chilli this week and it is wonderful... it is a local firm making it, and in the artisan range they also have Manuka Honey and Pear, Oolong Tea, Salted Caramel as well as the Kaitaia Fire Chilli Pepper Spice... very good for clearing the sinuses! Unfortunately, or maybe thankfully, it is quite expensive so I can't afford to buy it too often. The sad part is that it is a limited release..........

We went to a funeral yesterday of a 95 yr old - it was not a sad occasion, in fact there were many laughs as folk recalled her very dry wit. The up side of it was that we caught up with friends whom we had not seen for years It was worth the drive.

Better go and continue in the studio - maybe my fiery breath will heat the embossing for me??
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #3339
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello! We are off to the zoo today!! We're waiting on dd to finish her make up I assured her the animals won't care if her make up is flawless!

Maxine, now that does sound intriguing! I'm not into chili/spices in any form - ketchup is about as much as I can handle - LOL! But it sounds delish! My dd20 is in love with dark chocolate with salted caramel - I'm in love with caramel when it's wrapped around a cup of Starbucks

Maggie, wtg on getting that cleaning issue taken care of! wow! I can tell you work for a lawyer At least they stood by their offer. And blogging is going down in general, I think - people are finding more ways to be involved in the craft without having to spend time writing, editing, photographing. And so many stamp stores are closing - just this week, I read the email that JustRite is closing down

Shel, yay on having the kiddies home - although if they are anything like my older ones, they won't stay home for long! Always here and there.

Gotta dash -- waving to everyone!!
Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #3340
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Our lot is an acre and a half--but we have a quite a few gardens. We have a rider and it takes me a bit over an hour. We have quite a few small trees to go around and that takes a bit of time. It is also not flat as we live on a hill, so it is not just up and back--lots of side hills. But, I do enjoy it.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #3341
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Shelly - The fleas do seem to be gone. I haven't seen any on Casper or Corey (white cats) so I'm hoping that they are not on the other ones either. I did manage to sneak some Advantage onto Corey last night. He likes to climb up on my big computer chair and snuggle behind me with his head on the armrest. I had the container all ready the other day and have been carrying it around for the perfect opportunity. I ruffled up his neck fur like I do when I'm petting him and then with the other hand I got it down there and squirted it! He wasn't too happy, but it got done. Tummy is better today. I'm back at work today
and got an unexpected $$ surprise from my boss. My 29th anniversary was on Monday. Of course he didn't remember but I mentioned it late in the afternoon. I had forgotten myself that it was the day until after lunch when it hit me what day it was. Can't believe we haven't killed each other in all these years although we have come close a time or two.

Maxine, not only have I never tried any of those chocolate flavors, but I've never even heard of them. Who is the manufacturer. Not sure I'd want to try the spicy one. Like Kelly, I'm not much into hot spicy things. Sorry about the funeral, but sounds like the lady had a long and happy life, so it's great to go and celebrate her life with friends and family.

Kelly, hope you all have fun at the zoo. Did you hear about that Zoo I think it was in the Georgian capital, that the animals escaped because of a flood. They were able to round up some of them, but some were killed in the flood and (30) one tiger they had to kill because it had attacked someone. So sad. I've seen a few online stores closing, most of them were over in Europe or the UK because they made some changes to their tax laws and it was too expensive for them to stay in business. Sad. I ended up with about 80 blog messages that had gone to my spam folder.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #3342
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in around here. The garden didn't float away. We just got a couple of showers and all that. Most of the heavy rains were to the east of us. I know parts of Houston got some so hope you were safe Maggie.

Shelly, that's great that Katie is finally home. I know you're enjoying that.

Maxine, never heard of that to eat before. Sounds good to me and I'll usually try just about anything. I don't like things really, really hot - and they probably don't like me either - but can take most of it.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #3343
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey ya'll! Glad everyone is dry and well! Except for fleas - those are welcome to leave!
We have our dogs on Comfortix - love, love, love that stuff. We tried Trifexis (sp?) as per the vets recommendation and it nearly killed Buddy! He was in the vet/sick for days. Something in the formula of one to the other has been studied and proven to harm SOME dogs.

Oh Maggie, I hadn't heard of the zoo animals but that just breaks my heart. kinda like visiting the zoo. My kids love it, but part of me always hates that they are in captivity and some looks just miserable. Others argue they are 'safe' and have a home/food/etc but I don't know .......... the animal lover in me just hates certain aspects of it all!

My son is driving me nuts to do 'something fun' every day - I came up with theme weeks, but told him there has to be some down time. Everything we plan/do has to be free/low cost (we are annual zoo members - that one was easy!) and he doesn't seem to get that! The beaches right now are dangerous - have ya'll seen that flesh eating bacteria thing? Yikes! It enters through open wounds - blech. We were looking at going to the community pool later since ours is kaput! It looks more like the Florida Everglades than a pool - LOL!! eeeeeeeech.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:20 AM   #3344
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--it is going to be a busy day, leading to our flight to Colorado tonight! I need to cut the grass this morning, water all of the flowers and vegetable gardens well and finish packing. I also need to complete a few cards to schedule to post on my blog and I hope to get one more swap done. Plus, all of the things that need to be checked and double-checked before heading out!

The rummage sale was OK yesterday--we were plenty busy but I only sold one stamping item. There was not an ad on Craigslist, so I put one on it last night and added a list of items available at the houses. It is a neighborhood rummage, so there is quite a bit of traffic and it is off of a main drag in a Milwaukee suburb. My friend kept asking where the "stamping peeps were" as usually there are quite a few that come. There are not as many houses participating as in the past and I think my friend decided yesterday to do it every other year as it is so much work. She is a teacher and this week is her first week off and she spent most of it getting ready for this sale!

The weather in the mountains in Colorado where we will be staying with some friends are forecast to be in the mid to upper 70's--great temps! We do not have any specific plans during the week, so it will be a fun and exciting vacation!

I will be on SCS sporadically during the time we will be gone.................. Have a Good One!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:30 AM   #3345
Insane Embellisher

TGIF!!

I'm slacking again...so sorry It's been a busy month and I'm either busy or I'm procrastinating on getting anything done. I still have 5 cards to make for and 3 must be made tonight for tomorrow's party. Then we have Father's Day on Sunday and I am celebrating a friend's birthday belatedly next Saturday. I am taking the first few days of July off so I will have a nice stretch of time at home where I hope to be here more and crafty! I really need to get some scrapbooking done and I also want to get the organizing of my dies & stamps finished up. Getting closer but still not quite there.

So far none of my boxes on Craigslist have had any bites...a little bummed, guess I should try lowering my prices or just hang onto the stuff until the LSS sale in late fall. I am tired of looking at them though. They are stacked in my dining room. I really hate to dump at all at Goodwill but most of it's at least 5+ years old if not older so the money I spent then is long gone!

Maggie - glad the fleas seem to be gone. We just switched Amber to a collar - Seresto (not quite sure of the spelling). We were using K-9 Advantix and having a horrible time with pulling ticks off her every few days still. It used to work great, not sure what happened :/ She's had the collar on for a week now and no issues.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. Hugs to all!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #3346
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just checking in around here. The garden didn't float away. We just got a couple of showers and all that. Most of the heavy rains were to the east of us. I know parts of Houston got some so hope you were safe Maggie.

Shelly, that's great that Katie is finally home. I know you're enjoying that.

Maxine, never heard of that to eat before. Sounds good to me and I'll usually try just about anything. I don't like things really, really hot - and they probably don't like me either - but can take most of it.
We didn't get much rain either in my area. It kept looking like it was going to when I looked at the weather map, but then it would break up and go around us. I actually got 1 hour back from the vacation time off I put on my time since they dismissed work at 4 PM on Tuesday.

I had an issue with my bank the other day, so I've decided to change banks. The new one is in our building so it's very convenient. The old one used to be, but they moved out when the rent went up. Yesterday I opened the new accounts (1 checking and 2 savings) and today I went to the old bank and closed the savings accounts and then went and deposited it in the new accounts. I still have a few things with them to deal with, but it should all be in place by the end of August.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #3347
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hey ya'll! Glad everyone is dry and well! Except for fleas - those are welcome to leave!
We have our dogs on Comfortix - love, love, love that stuff. We tried Trifexis (sp?) as per the vets recommendation and it nearly killed Buddy! He was in the vet/sick for days. Something in the formula of one to the other has been studied and proven to harm SOME dogs.

Oh Maggie, I hadn't heard of the zoo animals but that just breaks my heart. kinda like visiting the zoo. My kids love it, but part of me always hates that they are in captivity and some looks just miserable. Others argue they are 'safe' and have a home/food/etc but I don't know .......... the animal lover in me just hates certain aspects of it all!

My son is driving me nuts to do 'something fun' every day - I came up with theme weeks, but told him there has to be some down time. Everything we plan/do has to be free/low cost (we are annual zoo members - that one was easy!) and he doesn't seem to get that! The beaches right now are dangerous - have ya'll seen that flesh eating bacteria thing? Yikes! It enters through open wounds - blech. We were looking at going to the community pool later since ours is kaput! It looks more like the Florida Everglades than a pool - LOL!! eeeeeeeech.

Have a good one, ladies!
My kitties are on Advantage Plus - kills a bunch of other things too.

I know what you mean. I love seeing them too, but wish they could have animal sanctuaries instead of zoos, where the animals roam free.

Summer is always hard. Why do kids think you have to entertain them for 3 months? Maybe you need to put him to work around the house. Then maybe have a fun day during the week. Are there friends in the neighborhood that he could have play dates with? I've heard of the flesh eating stuff, but didn't know it was down there. That can really be serious. The other issue is the sharks. I've seen on the news that there have been a number of attacks lately.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #3348
Mad Swapper

Way to go Maggie - I did a bit of a change about recently too...

Wet and windy here today, but relatively mild, which makes a change. I got some studio time yesterday, but have not been back out there today, but i want to as I need to finish up the card I was making. Lots of playing with all sorts of mediums on it

Enjoy your time away Barb - sounds like a wonderful trip.

Kristie there are always times and seasons and we all have times of not getting much done or chatting much.

Shelly I hope the dinosaur is holding up and your new computer will be discharged from hospital soon. Enjoy your time with Katie

Ahh Kelly - the joys of young boys - far harder to keep entertained!!

Good to see you pop in Lynn and know you have not been washed away... loving your cards of late

Darlene, Jeanette, Kel - waving at you all and hoping I have not missed anybody
Old 06-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #3349
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies--it is going to be a busy day, leading to our flight to Colorado tonight! I need to cut the grass this morning, water all of the flowers and vegetable gardens well and finish packing. I also need to complete a few cards to schedule to post on my blog and I hope to get one more swap done. Plus, all of the things that need to be checked and double-checked before heading out!

The rummage sale was OK yesterday--we were plenty busy but I only sold one stamping item. There was not an ad on Craigslist, so I put one on it last night and added a list of items available at the houses. It is a neighborhood rummage, so there is quite a bit of traffic and it is off of a main drag in a Milwaukee suburb. My friend kept asking where the "stamping peeps were" as usually there are quite a few that come. There are not as many houses participating as in the past and I think my friend decided yesterday to do it every other year as it is so much work. She is a teacher and this week is her first week off and she spent most of it getting ready for this sale!

The weather in the mountains in Colorado where we will be staying with some friends are forecast to be in the mid to upper 70's--great temps! We do not have any specific plans during the week, so it will be a fun and exciting vacation!

I will be on SCS sporadically during the time we will be gone.................. Have a Good One!
Hope you got all your chores done Barb before you left. Have a great vacation!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #3350
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
TGIF!!

I'm slacking again...so sorry It's been a busy month and I'm either busy or I'm procrastinating on getting anything done. I still have 5 cards to make for and 3 must be made tonight for tomorrow's party. Then we have Father's Day on Sunday and I am celebrating a friend's birthday belatedly next Saturday. I am taking the first few days of July off so I will have a nice stretch of time at home where I hope to be here more and crafty! I really need to get some scrapbooking done and I also want to get the organizing of my dies & stamps finished up. Getting closer but still not quite there.

So far none of my boxes on Craigslist have had any bites...a little bummed, guess I should try lowering my prices or just hang onto the stuff until the LSS sale in late fall. I am tired of looking at them though. They are stacked in my dining room. I really hate to dump at all at Goodwill but most of it's at least 5+ years old if not older so the money I spent then is long gone!

Maggie - glad the fleas seem to be gone. We jd bust switched Amber to a collar - Seresto (not quite sure of the spelling). We were using K-9 Advantix and having a horrible time with pulling ticks off her every few days still. It used to work great, not sure what happened :/ She's had the collar on for a week now and no issues.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. Hugs to all!
Hope you enjoy your weekend Kristie.

I have boxes of craft stuff too. I want to have a craft garage sale one of these days.

There is no way I could put a collar on my kitties without getting scratched and bitten in the process.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #3351
Quacker Stamper

It's been a nice weekend. I did have a couple errands to run yesterday, but got them done in the morning and then started on getting the house and dinner ready for the kids to come over. I made 2 new dishes that in spite of all the things that went wrong, turned out pretty good. Surprise that the kids liked them. Friday night I made some fudgy brownies full of toasted walnuts and mini chips so yummy especially with some triple chocolate gelato on top!

After dinner we played a game of Clue. I'm not usually very good at this, but I had the right answer, but had to wait for my next turn and then my DGS got to the envelope first! My DGD also knew the right answers and she was before me, so she would have beat me too!

Today was just church and going in to do some work in my stamp room. Finally got all the dishes cleaned up and working on the laundry.

So, my DGD graduated Friday from HS. I saw that my DD posted one picture of her on FB (???) and I commented that I saw she had a medal around her neck and a gold braid. Asked what they were for. My DD comments back - "Valedictorian, Thespian, CFS" That was it. Neither my other DD nor I had any idea that Amanda was Valedictorian. I also haven't seen any more photos other than that one.

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:57 AM   #3352
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning! We are enjoying our vacation. The weather is great--lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's here in the mountains. We drove up from Denver with our friends Saturday morning and enjoyed burgers on the deck with mountain views for supper--cannot beat that! We went for a hike yesterday in Rocky Mountain National Park and might go for another one by Winter Park today. We saw a moose and her baby along the side of the road and 10 elk walking through a campground--but nothing while we were actually hiking.

Have a Fantastic Monday and a Great Week!
Old 06-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #3353
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Good Morning! We are enjoying our vacation. The weather is great--lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's here in the mountains. We drove up from Denver with our friends Saturday morning and enjoyed burgers on the deck with mountain views for supper--cannot beat that! We went for a hike yesterday in Rocky Mountain National Park and might go for another one by Winter Park today. We saw a moose and her baby along the side of the road and 10 elk walking through a campground--but nothing while we were actually hiking.

Have a Fantastic Monday and a Great Week!
Sounds like a great time so far, Barb!!
Old 06-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #3354
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
It's been a nice weekend. I did have a couple errands to run yesterday, but got them done in the morning and then started on getting the house and dinner ready for the kids to come over. I made 2 new dishes that in spite of all the things that went wrong, turned out pretty good. Surprise that the kids liked them. Friday night I made some fudgy brownies full of toasted walnuts and mini chips so yummy especially with some triple chocolate gelato on top!

After dinner we played a game of Clue. I'm not usually very good at this, but I had the right answer, but had to wait for my next turn and then my DGS got to the envelope first! My DGD also knew the right answers and she was before me, so she would have beat me too!

Today was just church and going in to do some work in my stamp room. Finally got all the dishes cleaned up and working on the laundry.

So, my DGD graduated Friday from HS. I saw that my DD posted one picture of her on FB (???) and I commented that I saw she had a medal around her neck and a gold braid. Asked what they were for. My DD comments back - "Valedictorian, Thespian, CFS" That was it. Neither my other DD nor I had any idea that Amanda was Valedictorian. I also haven't seen any more photos other than that one.

Glad you had a nice weekend, Maggie.

Is Amanda the DGD that lives in CA? I hope you get to hear more about her graduation! I saw pics of my niece's last week, need to download them and scrapbook them. She hasn't let me take pictures of her in years so I have to take what I can get! Same with her prom pictures.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #3355
Insane Embellisher

Monday, Monday...started off a little rough. Allergies were getting the best of me but I trudged to work anyways. I am off 3 days next week so I didn't think it would be a good idea to take a day off this week. Although I still have plenty of time off to use. I felt better after a walk at lunchtime.

We ended up going to my parents to pick up some packages Friday night and my nephew was there. So we stayed a lot longer than planned and I got a very late start on the party cards. I got one made on Friday night and two on Saturday morning. We were only 10 minutes late for the party! Not too bad since they live 40 minutes north of us! The party was nice and everyone got along, sometimes it's a concern that things will go wrong. My nephew who will be 21 in a few weeks seems to be getting his life on track which makes this auntie very happy. The 7 year old was thrilled with her new books and the high school graduate was happy with the cash in her card. I even got a hug

Yesterday we ran a few errands...dummy me had a bunch of stuff in my pockets on Saturday night. I ran into Lowes to get a giftcard for my stepdad and didn't realize that my debit card fell out of my pocket when I pulled something else out. Thankfully someone turned it in and I was able to pick it up. It was missing for hours before I even realized it as we went to bed really late and I noticed when I emptied my pockets. We went and visited my stepdad for a bit and then I did a few things around the house, including 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am so proud of myself! Back when we got it in March, it was tough doing 15 minutes and now I can do 30 on the resistance level 2. I haven't noticed any weight loss but I am not getting winded going upstairs anymore, so that's huge!!

My desk is in shambles after making all those cards but I'm taking a night off to watch the Bachelorette lol. I'm off to visit a few blogs before 8pm!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #3356
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad you had a nice weekend, Maggie.

Is Amanda the DGD that lives in CA? I hope you get to hear more about her graduation! I saw pics of my niece's last week, need to download them and scrapbook them. She hasn't let me take pictures of her in years so I have to take what I can get! Same with her prom pictures.
Yes, she does. That is one thing about my DD that has really disappointed me over the last several years. I don't get pictures from her. I don't think she buys the school pictures, so it's been years since I got any of them. On the other hand, my DD here gets photos and is always asking me what I want from the ones she orders. Now that they are out of school, I probably won't get any. The ones I do have of my DGC I get off of FB from ones she posts, but I've only seen the one in her cap and gown. I don't know if she took more than that. If I had been there, I would have taken a ton of photos and you all would be seeing them on FB.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #3357
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Monday, Monday...started off a little rough. Allergies were getting the best of me but I trudged to work anyways. I am off 3 days next week so I didn't think it would be a good idea to take a day off this week. Although I still have plenty of time off to use. I felt better after a walk at lunchtime.

We ended up going to my parents to pick up some packages Friday night and my nephew was there. So we stayed a lot longer than planned and I got a very late start on the party cards. I got one made on Friday night and two on Saturday morning. We were only 10 minutes late for the party! Not too bad since they live 40 minutes north of us! The party was nice and everyone got along, sometimes it's a concern that things will go wrong. My nephew who will be 21 in a few weeks seems to be getting his life on track which makes this auntie very happy. The 7 year old was thrilled with her new books and the high school graduate was happy with the cash in her card. I even got a hug

Yesterday we ran a few errands...dummy me had a bunch of stuff in my pockets on Saturday night. I ran into Lowes to get a giftcard for my stepdad and didn't realize that my debit card fell out of my pocket when I pulled something else out. Thankfully someone turned it in and I was able to pick it up. It was missing for hours before I even realized it as we went to bed really late and I noticed when I emptied my pockets. We went and visited my stepdad for a bit and then I did a few things around the house, including 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am so proud of myself! Back when we got it in March, it was tough doing 15 minutes and now I can do 30 on the resistance level 2. I haven't noticed any weight loss but I am not getting winded going upstairs anymore, so that's huge!!

My desk is in shambles after making all those cards but I'm taking a night off to watch the Bachelorette lol. I'm off to visit a few blogs before 8pm!
Yikes, Kristie! So glad that some good person turned your card in instead of using it. Good going on the eliptical. It may take awhile to show some weight loss, but you'll start noticing that your clothes fit better. I'm planning to start walking again next week. I think that wearing tennis shoes be help my toe.

Glad you got your cards done and everyone had a good time at the party.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #3358
Quacker Stamper

We had a very sad incident with one of our clients. My younger boss is the one that was working with him on a paternity suit. He was a ball player in the MLB and retired but was a sports analyst. We did a divorce for him a couple years ago and then his lady friend got pregnant. The child is 14 months old. So I heard on the news yesterday morning about a murder/ suicide in Pearland (suburb of Houston down toward Galveston). I had gone home at lunch time because the alarm people called me. I figured that the kitties had knocked something over, but when I got there, I didn't find anything out of place, so annoyed that the alarm went off for no apparent reason. On the way back to the office, I was listening to NPR (talk show) and they mentioned the guy's name, but I really thought that they were talking about someone else. Got back to the office and the paralegal told me that it was our client. The mother of the little child shot him 3 times and then turned the gun on herself!!!!! Oh, so sad. That little one now has no mommy or daddy to take care of him. One report said that she called her ex-husband before the incident and he was the one that called 911.
Found out today that it was premeditated on her part. She left a suicide note. She had a history of violence against her x-dh and burned down their home years ago. Funny thing is that she interned at our office more than 20 years ago. I don't remember her at all. She was a well-respected attorney but for some reason unknown at this time to me, she lost her job and with her history of instability I guess it was too much for her. The news people are still calling. Today someone from NBC came by for an interview. Seems they are considering this story for a Dateline type story. My boss was on the late news last night. I don't stay up that late so I didn't see it on the TV, but saw the clip on the webpage today. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around this that a mother could have so little feeling for her own child to do something like this to him.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #3359
Quacker Stamper

Had a busy day at the office. Had 2 clients come in to sign papers for their divorces. That took most of the morning. Then I went and met a GF for lunch. She used to work with me years ago. She's in the oil & gas business right now and that is not doing so well down here in H Town with the big drop in oil prices. She told me that her company just filed Chapter 11 and they got rid of the entire Board of Directors. She doesn't think that it will interfere with her job.

I only had a couple hours after lunch until I had to leave to go to the doctor. Had an appointment with my throat dr to go over the blood tests that she had done a few weeks ago. Everything was A-OK. Now though she wants me to go have allergy testing done so we can figure out exactly what is causing my probelms. I have to talk to my primary care doctor to see if I can get off my BP meds for a few days. There are a lot of drugs that you have to quit taking before the testing. It's a 2 hour test. I need to check my boss's calendar to see when would be a good time to do this.

Made an appointment with my hair dresser to get my hair done on Saturday. I need the color done and a trim big time. It's getting a bit unruly.

Last edited by mschoener; 06-23-2015 at 07:10 PM..
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #3360
Mad Swapper

On Maggie, what a sad incident - one cannot fathom what goes on in the mind of people like that - they are obviously unwell - that poor wee child

I went up to Hamilton today to see the surgeon and he is very pleased with the way my face has healed - the growth had tentacles, so I have to keep an eye on the site for any further lesions. Tomorrow it's back to Hamilton again for the eye clinic for Kelson.

I was chopping pumpkin for the stew for dinner this afternoon and I sliced my left thumb - it's taking a while to stop bleeding despite a dressing on it - oh joys, just what I needed. Looks as though my Carpel Tunnel surgery will be on the 15th of July - in the private system.

Kristie it was good to hear your card was returned - it must have been worrying when you first realised it was gone.

Kelly - I hope you have slowed down some these past couple of weeks.

Lynn, Shelly, Barb, Darlene Jeanette and Kel - waving to you all and hoping to hear from you soon