Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #3281
Quacker Stamper

Good day at work. Only had to be there until 2. I had a podiatrist appt on Friday to follow up on my laser nail stuff that I had done back in February, but wanted to also see my doctor about my foot, so they changed it up to today with another doctor along with the follow up. She gave me a post op shoe, but I can't wear it very well. It's not tight enough on my toes, so not real steady. My good sandals are much better. As my doctor said, it is only terribly bruised and it will take some time to heal. I'm supposed to wear the shoe for a week or so and then change over to sturdy sneakers. I have to have the wounds heal up first. I go back in 2 weeks to check it out.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #3282
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie - that foot is sure causing you alot of grief - here's praying it heals soon!

Winter has really struck here with it having been very wet and windy over the past three days, and now it is due to turn cold again with frosts... at least I am still harvesting celery and feijoas and silver beet and leeks from the garden, so that is all good

I have been a domestic diva this past week with loads of machine mending, adjustments and wheatie bags being made - ah, and the cutains shortened too )) - don't think it will last past this afternoon though!! My studio is calling me loudly, it is missing me!

Jeanette enjoy your family being in-house - it is always special, and so much sweeter, when they have been away!!

Barb - I too love the look of your die storage system - I will have to figure something better than I am doing at the moment, but being in a small town means we don't get the big stores with the magnetic sheets etc..brain strain needed I think!!

Lynn it's good to see you visiting again - hope you are on the up creatively too. You have been through a stressful time, and sometimes it comes back to bite us in the form of lack of creativity.

Waving at Kristie and Kel and Kelly - think - the end of school is very soon Kelly, and we will see you again

Waving from a rather soggy NZ
Old 06-04-2015, 06:10 AM   #3283
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

YAY! Smoochy and Barb made an appearance yesterday! I Smoochy!

Maggie, Yikes! That foot needs to get better. (((HUGS)))

Maxine, do you have home repair types of stores? If so, you can probably buy magnet sheets (they are intended to cover air vents in your home) and but them to size. I've done that in the past for magnetic die storage.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:10 AM   #3284
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning-I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #3285
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My lovely friends! I'm missing you much! And our chatter! Today is ........

THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

I'm super excited! (as are the kids!) I'm super happy to have my babies home for the summer!!!! ♥

(and I'll also get 'my life' back! LOL!)

Today dd#2 has her final awards banquet in which she receives a scholarship she won - woot, woot! We have to be in the heart of downtown Miami at 5 pm - ack - but we certainly can't complain as that will be a big help for her leaving for college ♥ We are so proud of her and how hard she's worked. She also was just hired as a wedding singer!!! She was recommended by a friend - she went to the church and sang less than 1/2 of her song and the girl hired her on the spot! As well as the girl's bff that is also getting married, so she booked two wedding singing jobs in 5 minutes ♥ We are quite proud of her and her refusal to give up :*)

A few more hours and it's pick up time for the last time this year!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!

Hugs all around!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #3286

Hi Barb!

Woo Hoo Kelly!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #3287
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Today dd#2 has her final awards banquet in which she receives a scholarship she won - woot, woot! We have to be in the heart of downtown Miami at 5 pm - ack - but we certainly can't complain as that will be a big help for her leaving for college ♥ We are so proud of her and how hard she's worked. She also was just hired as a wedding singer!!! She was recommended by a friend - she went to the church and sang less than 1/2 of her song and the girl hired her on the spot! As well as the girl's bff that is also getting married, so she booked two wedding singing jobs in 5 minutes ♥ We are quite proud of her and her refusal to give up :*)

A few more hours and it's pick up time for the last time this year!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!

Hugs all around!
Congrats to your DD on the scholarship and singing jobs! Where is she going to school again? I forgot...will she be near/far?
Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #3288
Insane Embellisher

This week has been going by quickly! So glad tomorrow is Friday!!

As far as my die storage goes...

I have an ArtBin container that I have my Spellbinders in. I rarely use them and this container is a little heavy for me to lug so I transferred those dies to them since I won't take them to a crop.

My SU dies, MFT dies (singles, not matching with stamps), Papertrey Ink and Taylored Expressions dies are in these boxes and I use the magnetic sheets from the same company. I've bought them on TE's site, A Cherry on Top and Amazon. Not the cheapest option out there but I liked this option the most for the bulk of my dies. I recently ordered some of the same boxes except with inserts for cling stamp storage to clean up some of that mess.

I have used the Magnetic Storage Books from HERE for my MFT stax dies. They are great to take along to crops. I bought mine when they were owned by a different company. I am still waiting for WRMK to release them so I can get one or two more.

Matching dies go in the same pockets as their stamp sets. Some I just drop in there, others I have been putting on magnetic sheets I bought from Sugar Pea Designs. Theirs are heavier and backed with chipboard. I tried to store some dies on MFT's magnetic sheets but they are really floppy and I didn't have much luck with a lot of dies staying on there. Bigger dies aren't so much of a problem as the ones with oodles of little dies like Lawn Fawn's Christmas tree set.

Once the first boxes I mentioned are full, I will put the dies on the magnetic sheets in the pockets since storing them in baskets is easier to grab and go (and I ran out of room on my one shelf where I store the die boxes)

And that is probably more than anyone wanted to know about die storage LOL

I started doing a 30 day coloring challenge and did 3 days so far...not really sure I feel like going in my room tonight. I had some issues with a friend today and I'm not feeling very creative at the moment.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #3289
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie - that foot is sure causing you alot of grief - here's praying it heals soon!

Winter has really struck here with it having been very wet and windy over the past three days, and now it is due to turn cold again with frosts... at least I am still harvesting celery and feijoas and silver beet and leeks from the garden, so that is all good

I have been a domestic diva this past week with loads of machine mending, adjustments and wheatie bags being made - ah, and the cutains shortened too )) - don't think it will last past this afternoon though!! My studio is calling me loudly, it is missing me!

Jeanette enjoy your family being in-house - it is always special, and so much sweeter, when they have been away!!

Barb - I too love the look of your die storage system - I will have to figure something better than I am doing at the moment, but being in a small town means we don't get the big stores with the magnetic sheets etc..brain strain needed I think!!

Lynn it's good to see you visiting again - hope you are on the up creatively too. You have been through a stressful time, and sometimes it comes back to bite us in the form of lack of creativity.

Waving at Kristie and Kel and Kelly - think - the end of school is very soon Kelly, and we will see you again

Waving from a rather soggy NZ
Yes, it is rather a bother! Just going to take time to get it healed up.

All those veggies sound really yummy. Our temps are starting to edge up. Great that you've been able to get so much done.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #3290
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

My lovely friends! I'm missing you much! And our chatter! Today is ........

THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

I'm super excited! (as are the kids!) I'm super happy to have my babies home for the summer!!!! ♥

(and I'll also get 'my life' back! LOL!)

Hugs all around!
Congrats to DD on the scholarship and the singing jobs. That's fabulous!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #3291
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
This week has been going by quickly! So glad tomorrow is Friday!!

As far as my die storage goes...

I have an ArtBin container that I have my Spellbinders in. I rarely use them and this container is a little heavy for me to lug so I transferred those dies to them since I won't take them to a crop.

My SU dies, MFT dies (singles, not matching with stamps), Papertrey Ink and Taylored Expressions dies are in these boxes and I use the magnetic sheets from the same company. I've bought them on TE's site, A Cherry on Top and Amazon. Not the cheapest option out there but I liked this option the most for the bulk of my dies. I recently ordered some of the same boxes except with inserts for cling stamp storage to clean up some of that mess.

I have used the Magnetic Storage Books from HERE for my MFT stax dies. They are great to take along to crops. I bought mine when they were owned by a different company. I am still waiting for WRMK to release them so I can get one or two more.

Matching dies go in the same pockets as their stamp sets. Some I just drop in there, others I have been putting on magnetic sheets I bought from Sugar Pea Designs. Theirs are heavier and backed with chipboard. I tried to store some dies on MFT's magnetic sheets but they are really floppy and I didn't have much luck with a lot of dies staying on there. Bigger dies aren't so much of a problem as the ones with oodles of little dies like Lawn Fawn's Christmas tree set.

Once the first boxes I mentioned are full, I will put the dies on the magnetic sheets in the pockets since storing them in baskets is easier to grab and go (and I ran out of room on my one shelf where I store the die boxes)

And that is probably more than anyone wanted to know about die storage LOL

I started doing a 30 day coloring challenge and did 3 days so far...not really sure I feel like going in my room tonight. I had some issues with a friend today and I'm not feeling very creative at the moment.
Wow! You sure are organized! I'm still considering.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #3292
Mad Swapper

Kelly what great news for you and your daughter - a scholarship and two jobs

Wohooo for us too - we get to see you again
Old 06-05-2015, 03:32 AM   #3293

Kristie, your die organization sounds great!

Maggie, I wish it didn't have to take so much time to heal your injury!

Maxine, Woo Hoo is right!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #3294
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy first day of Summer! And all my babies are home!!!!!!
What could be better!??

Chatting with you all and catching up on crafting, of course!

We start VBS on Monday and we'll all be heading to church in a little bit -- we have to decorate the classrooms and give out the lesson plans to the younger volunteers. My dd20 is leading this year and she's such a natural it's ridiculous. She is a born teacher - don't know how it took her 20 years to figure that out! (she was originally on college track for nursing and cried nearly every day!)

Maggie, I hope you heal fast girlie -- we never like our friends to have yuckies or boo-boos .....

and Maxine, too! You reminded me that I am overdue to head to my dermologists to check out a few spots that look a little suspicious - sadly, Florida sun is horrible on the skin.

You are so organized, Kristie! WHat's left of my Cabana is in such a state of disaster, it's seriously hindering my crafting! Even when I have 5 minutes free, I can't see past that mess! And I'm a HUGELY clean organized person in every area so this whole crafting thing being a disaster is such an oxymoron - LOL!!!

Hugs all around!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #3295
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I too am happy it is Friday! We have a busy few days ahead of us. I have hostess club today and I am checking out a rummage sale or two on the way. Then tomorrow, the Trek100 bike ride happens--roomie and friends are riding the 100k-62 miles--and I am volunteering at one of the rest stops. It is going to be a nice day--temps in the mid 70's. After the ride, we are heading to NW Wisconsin to stay two nights with some friends. We are going to the Bette Midler concert in Minneapolis Sunday night with them and heading home on Monday.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #3296
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie, thanks SO MUCH for all the info on how you store your dies! I'm going to check those out for sure. I was looking at the Stamp and Storage system but it's a little pricey. Right now I have some on the Art Bins but am overflowing so am looking for some other system. Thanks a million!

Glad all is good with everyone. Congrats to your daughter Kelly. That's fantastic! You sound like you'll be just about as busy this summer as you do in the school year.

Jeanette, do the magnetic vent covers hold the dies good or not?

Maxine, stay warm over that way! Brrrrrr.......and we're just now heating up!

Maggie, hope your foot starts healing faster now. Know that's no fun.

Barb, that sounds like a great trip for the weekend. Have fun.

Waving hi to everyone else..........I'm thinking Shelly is having internet woes. Seems I saw something on FB a couple of days ago about maybe her computer going into the hospital (shop) for repairs?
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:57 AM   #3297

YAY for summer, Kelly! I know you will enjoy every moment!

Barb, WOW! So much going on with you... I'd love to tag along sometime.

Lynn, I have had good luck with the vent covers holding the dies. My current system works well... except I chose a die storage container that is too small for the larger dies, which was a mistake on my part. Therefore, I'm thinking I might need to redo my storage.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-06-2015, 07:19 AM   #3298
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies. I too am happy it is Friday! We have a busy few days ahead of us. I have hostess club today and I am checking out a rummage sale or two on the way. Then tomorrow, the Trek100 bike ride happens--roomie and friends are riding the 100k-62 miles--and I am volunteering at one of the rest stops. It is going to be a nice day--temps in the mid 70's. After the ride, we are heading to NW Wisconsin to stay two nights with some friends. We are going to the Bette Midler concert in Minneapolis Sunday night with them and heading home on Monday.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Have a great weekend and a fabulous time at the concert. I'd love to see Bette Midler some time. I"ve always liked her.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #3299
Quacker Stamper

Good morning SA's! No real plans today. I need to go pick up cat food and a couple things I forgot to get at the store last night.

Finally got the right nasal spray. Now just hope it works.

Hope to spend lots of time in my stamp room today, but still need to do those household chores.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #3300
Mad Swapper

Hi all - hope your days are warmer and drier than ours - the sun is just comimg out now (sort of) after being shut out by crash landed clouds (fog) and some drizzle all morning - currently 11 degrees at nearly 2p.m.- needless to say the heater is on.

Barb your weekends sound busier than your weeks - enjoy!

Glad to hear you are having a quiet weekend Maggie - hopefully it will help the foot heal.

Kelly I am so looking forward to chatting with you again - enjoy your summer

Jeanette I hope you are enjoying every moment with your DD at home....

Darlene - you are in my prayers - hoping things are working out for you

Kristie I am enjoying seeing you posting again - hope your weekend is more peaceful and you get some crafting done

Kel you are a wonder-woman to go back to school with a babe so young and home schooling to boot.

Shelly - hope you are back on line soon and can visit here again

Lynn, how is your garden growing, or did it get too wet??

Waving at you through a gap in the clouds
Old 06-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #3301
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hi before we get up super early tomorrow to head off the church -- VBS starts this week! Love this week of worship and wonders with the little ones

DD and I worked on the outside of the door for them to walk in -- loving this Journey off the Map theme!

Indeed we dont' seem to stay put for long!

I'll stop back in tomorrow and hope that you all have a great start to the week!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #3302
Mad Swapper

Kelly that looks amazing - praying you will have an awesome VBS
Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #3303
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Waving hi before we get up super early tomorrow to head off the church -- VBS starts this week! Love this week of worship and wonders with the little ones

DD and I worked on the outside of the door for them to walk in -- loving this Journey off the Map theme!

Indeed we dont' seem to stay put for long!

I'll stop back in tomorrow and hope that you all have a great start to the week!
That all looks fabulous Kelly. You and your DD are very creative. Enjoy the little ones.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #3304
Quacker Stamper

Sadly, Maxine, foot is not better. The wounds are starting to look a little better, but the bruised bones are still sore when walking.

I had a quiet weekend which was a good thing I guess. Gave me time to get 1 DT card finished and the other at least has the image colored. I picked out paper for it, but not exactly what I had in mind. It's for Father's Day (or man), so that is always so hard for me to do.

Got plants watered yesterday and they are calling for rain again, showers during the week and heavier by the weekend, so maybe I'll have a little break from watering.

Found out that an elderly lady friend from church fell and broke her ankle about 2 weeks ago. She's one of our Single Chicks but she also suffers from Alzheimers so she hasn't been with us for awhile. Her caregiver usually comes, but didn't this last time. I found out because I went to the lady's house Saturday evening and no one was home. Called the caregiver and she called me back later and left a message about what happened. I'm planning to go by the nursing home after work. Oh, she had surgery on her ankle so now she's in a nursing home I guess until it heals and she can get around again. Such a sad situation. She has 3 grown sons who also have families. None of them live anywhere near here, but they've just about abandoned her. They seldom visit. Breaks my heart to see her like this.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #3305
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in on my cell- I am not too good at this- posting from phone.
Hubby got out an old computer and I am trying to work with it. I loaded Chrome & updated the date & time from June 2005 to present. Tomorrow, I will try to upload a card & edit. Oh boy. Computer is going out in a box tomorrow. Ray had to get stern with them to get the box sent out.
I will drop in & catch up in the next day or two!
My computer at work crashed too..... It got rebuilt today....

Shelly
Old 06-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #3306
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I am finally able to post a quick note here on SCS before I head to stamp class this morning.

The bike ride on Saturday was great-temps were in the low 70's and there was some wind. We then headed to NW Wisconsin to stay with some friends and attend the Bette Midler concert in St. Paul. It was outstanding! I saw her in 1999 and she has not lost a step since then--awesome voice yet and a great show too! We got home late in the afternoon yesterday.

Off to class and some stamping this afternoon--have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #3307
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in on my cell- I am not too good at this- posting from phone.
Hubby got out an old computer and I am trying to work with it. I loaded Chrome & updated the date & time from June 2005 to present. Tomorrow, I will try to upload a card & edit. Oh boy. Computer is going out in a box tomorrow. Ray had to get stern with them to get the box sent out.
I will drop in & catch up in the next day or two!
My computer at work crashed too..... It got rebuilt today....

Shelly
wow! Sorry about the computer crashes Shelly. I hope they both can be fixed and you'll be back on the net soon.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #3308
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! It is going to be hot today as it is already 80 degrees at 8:00. I had fun at stamp class yesterday and plan to use one of the cards as a sample for a swap I working on this afternoon. I need to cut the grass this morning and I am sure it will be a bit warm out there!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #3309
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello- dropping in after another B/P raising Blackhawks Hockey game! The series is tied at 2-2.

I am on a really old computer, so I am very slow- trying to catch up! I read the thread to present- and cannot reply to all of the posts..... I will try from now to keep up though.

The computer I am using- the top is duck taped on and has to be propped against something and plugged in at all times for power- but hey- I am online! Yippie Skippie! I was able to get a scheduled post up today, but it literally took (hours) a very long time!

Our air is not working, so trying anything we can to keep cool. I feel bad cause we have a guy here working on the bathroom- and it is in the top floor- so it is HOT up there..... It is going slowly- he was not here yesterday, and will not be here tomorrow. A/c company- we called a couple of weeks ago, and cannot come until the 24th.......

Katie is coming home next week on Monday! WOWzers- cannot wait!

We have a new Great nephew on my side- my eldest sis-Eileen's 2nd son had a baby boy- Aiden Henry Jay. I made a couple of baby cards last week- one a boy and one for a girl so I would be ready : )

Wahoo- signing off cause I am working tomorrow- will try to blog hop tonight a bit!

Shelly
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #3310
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly what a to-do with both the computer and the A/C... Hope everything gets sorted soon!!

You will be so happy to see Katie I can see you doing a happy dance already

Glad to hear you had fun at the card class Barb

I have got inky and sticky and messy and frustrated today and have completed two cards - the final two for an order - the Elvis one is part of that order.

Better fly and see if I can get some reasonable photos before the sun goes away again - not fine, but better than it has been! Rats I think the clouds have won - thankfully my camera has in indoor setting that helps under electric light, and then with the photo program I have I can get a good adjustment for realistic colours - helps when the winter is here and the days are short
Old 06-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #3311
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!

Great computer picture--LOL!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #3312
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry about all the technical woes Shelly! Great that Katie is coming home though. Love the duct tape you used on the computer! LOL!!!!!

Off to visit everyone's blog - I've been slacking again.

Lynn
Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 AM   #3313
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #3314
Pearl-ExPert

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #3315
Mad Swapper

Wonderful only because we have a "free power" day, compliments of our provider, so the heat pump (a/c) and drier are going flat out - it is wet and cold and windy outside....

I had hoped to spend the day in the studio, but the best laid plans.... DD wanted us to look after the two little people this morning for an hour, and we have to go out this afternoon at three, and won't get back until late.... arghhhhh

Do hope you all have a great weekend, with all your plans going how you want them too with lots of card making time
Old 06-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #3316
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Hello- dropping in after another B/P raising Blackhawks Hockey game! The series is tied at 2-2.

I am on a really old computer, so I am very slow- trying to catch up! I read the thread to present- and cannot reply to all of the posts..... I will try from now to keep up though.

The computer I am using- the top is duck taped on and has to be propped against something and plugged in at all times for power- but hey- I am online! Yippie Skippie! I was able to get a scheduled post up today, but it literally took (hours) a very long time!

Our air is not working, so trying anything we can to keep cool. I feel bad cause we have a guy here working on the bathroom- and it is in the top floor- so it is HOT up there..... It is going slowly- he was not here yesterday, and will not be here tomorrow. A/c company- we called a couple of weeks ago, and cannot come until the 24th.......

Katie is coming home next week on Monday! WOWzers- cannot wait!

We have a new Great nephew on my side- my eldest sis-Eileen's 2nd son had a baby boy- Aiden Henry Jay. I made a couple of baby cards last week- one a boy and one for a girl so I would be ready : )

Wahoo- signing off cause I am working tomorrow- will try to blog hop tonight a bit!

Shelly
Yikes! No A/C. How are you standing it? And they can't come until the 24th???? Oh my! Would never happen down here. They need to come the next day. Can't do without A/C.

Sorry about the computer issues. How long til they get your other one fixed? Glad that you have something to use though.

Congrats on the new little one. Do they live close to you where you'll be able to see him soon? Yeah for Katie coming home. How long will she be there?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #3317
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Wonderful only because we have a "free power" day, compliments of our provider, so the heat pump (a/c) and drier are going flat out - it is wet and cold and windy outside....

I had hoped to spend the day in the studio, but the best laid plans.... DD wanted us to look after the two little people this morning for an hour, and we have to go out this afternoon at three, and won't get back until late.... arghhhhh

Do hope you all have a great weekend, with all your plans going how you want them too with lots of card making time
Wow, Isn't that nice to have a free power day! I'd sure be doing everything I could to take advantage of that. Do you know ahead of time so you can plan what you want to do?

Hope you enjoyed the kiddos this morning. Sorry you didn't get a chance to work in your stamp room.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #3318
Quacker Stamper

Wow! It has really been a bus week both at work and at home. No time to get on and chat.

On the way to work on Monday, my low tire pressure light came on AGAIN! 3rd time since April. I didn't have time until Wednesday to take it in to be looked at. Turns out that this there was a nail in the right front tire. Problem was, they didn't have a tire in stock and had to order it, so the service guy filled it with air and I was going back on Thursday after I talked to him later to make sure the warranty info was okay and they were able to get the tire. I had a vet appt for Paisley Thursday at 9 a.m. but thought if I got it in there before 8 then I'd be able to make it to the vet by 9. Went back on Thursday about 10 til 8 and the lady that was there that day said it would be about an hour or so. I told her about the vet visit and she said she'd try. I told her that if it got too late I'd just leave for the vet and then come back. Turned out I had to go back anyway because they got the wrong tire!!! Not sure if it was ordered wrong or they just sent the wrong one. I know the guy wrote down the information off the tire to order it. After the vet and to work, I went back there about noon and they had it all ready for me. They had put the spare on it so they'd have the wheel to mount the new tire on. Didn't take very long to do that at all.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #3319
Quacker Stamper

Paisley's vet visit went fine. They did some blood work and a urine sample. Someone called me from the vet today and said that everything looked good, but the doctor would call me on Tuesday with a full report. The vet did notice that she had fleas!!!!!! Yikes! These are inside cats and don't go out. I must bring them in on my clothes. The vet said that her cat lives in her bathroom on the 4th floor and had fleas. I had seen 2 fleas on Casper and Corey about 3 weeks ago and treated all of the cats. I hadn't seen anymore on them. It was time the other day to retreat them, so I was able to get Maggie Mae done and Casper. Tried to get Corey, but everytime I'd get close to him, he'd run off. I hadn't gotten to Paisley yet, but the vet treated her while she was there. Also dewormed her since she said she'd been biting on the fleas. I hope none of the others get worms. I haven't noticed any. That day I got a delivery of their cat food. Found a place online that was $10 a bag cheaper than what I was getting it for at my vets, so I ordered 2 bags and put it on an automatic renewal. After I took the bags out of the box, Paisley claimed the box for her own and has been spending most of her time in there.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #3320
Quacker Stamper

Jeanette! I saw on the OSAAT FB page that you were going out of town til Thursday. Have you already left? Hope you have a good trip.