Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #3241
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Well, DRATS! I missed the potato salad! and worse than that... I missed meeting and spending time with Maggie.

Kel, it's so good to see you. WOW! You are so busy - and changes are coming that will make you even busier. I hope you'll be very happy with the choices/decisions you've made!

Barb, I hope you had a good time at the ballgame yesterday. How did your team do?

Today is my last day of housework, for tomorrow I play! YAY! My DH has been gone for over a week and I've purged and sorted and organized... and made room for our DD's summer with us. Today I am giving the house a good cleaning... and tomorrow is all about Me! I'm going to play with ink tomorrow! And I have a lunch date tomorrow, too - with Me!

But first, today I must clean!

I hope your day is FABULOUS!
Probably just as well that you didn't make it Jeanette. We had terrible storms last night that started about 8:30 and lasted until 2 a.m. We had 10-11+ inches of rain. I was without power from about 9:30 to 1:30. Streets are still flooded and cars are stranded in the streets all over the city and freeways and traffic is all backed up. A lot of people have been at their cars all through the night because the traffic is backed up and they can't move. We haven't seen it this bad since 2001 with Tropical Storm Allison.

I got a call at 6:45 from our receptionist saying that the OM called her to let her know that the power was out in our building, so our office would be closed today. So an extra day off!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #3242
Mad Swapper

We are hearing about your storms over here!!! Lynn are you o.k.? Have you and Maggie grown webbed feet yet??

Got my stitches out today, and have steri-strips for another two or three days yet - feeling a lot more comfortable around my eye - one of the stitches must have been catching the corner of it.

Barb you sound ever so busy - hope your garden is plentiful and beautiful too

Good to see you here Kristie - all the best with the return to school!

Shelly it was great to see you popping in the other day - hope you are all caught up on your sleep now and enjoying life.

Kelly so waiting with you for summer so we can chat with you Selfish I know but I have missed you.

Jeanette I hope you enjoy(ed) your "you" day - I love those days

Darlene - hope all is well with you and yours - poraying that you will not be overwhelmed by the extra stresses.

Waving to you all from down under, where it has cleared and we are due for frosts and fine days for a spell.
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #3243
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, I had heard about your storms and wondered how you were doing. So glad you were home... and not out in the midst of the flooding. What's happening today? Are things cleared for you to head to work, or are you home again?

Maxine, YAY for getting the stitches out! That must be a relief!

Okay, confession time... the house is NOT as clean as I'd like it and I still have a bit of organization I had hoped to get done while DH was gone............... BUT (yes, that IS a big BUT)..... I am declaring today a "Me" Day anyway, and I'm going to play! Tomorrow my weary travelers and all of their dirty laundry will be arriving at my house. Along with all the memories they will surely share with me once they rest a bit. I'm so looking forward to their arrival... although I'm not sure my laundry room will ever be the same again. LOL!

Hugs for all!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #3244
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Maxine! I sure miss everyone, too! It's been beyond hectic - more than I could have imagined, even for me! LOL! But life is overdrive right now and will settle soon, I'm sure ........

My baby graduates Friday! I cannot believe it -- it just seems surreal! She was supposed to stay little!

Hugs all around!
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #3245
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I did get two sets of swap cards done yesterday and a third set is started. I get to play again today in the stamp room. I do need to cut the grass soon as it is pretty long with the more than 2 inches of rain we got over the weekend, but it still is wet out. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. For those of you in the Southwest and parts of the Midwest--please stay safe
Old 05-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #3246
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
We are hearing about your storms over here!!! Lynn are you o.k.? Have you and Maggie grown webbed feet yet??

Got my stitches out today, and have steri-strips for another two or three days yet - feeling a lot more comfortable around my eye - one of the stitches must have been catching the corner of it.

Barb you sound ever so busy - hope your garden is plentiful and beautiful too

Good to see you here Kristie - all the best with the return to school!

Shelly it was great to see you popping in the other day - hope you are all caught up on your sleep now and enjoying life.

Kelly so waiting with you for summer so we can chat with you Selfish I know but I have missed you.

Jeanette I hope you enjoy(ed) your "you" day - I love those days

Darlene - hope all is well with you and yours - poraying that you will not be overwhelmed by the extra stresses.

Waving to you all from down under, where it has cleared and we are due for frosts and fine days for a spell.
Glad to hear that your surgery is healing and that your eye is doing better.

Don't know when the rain is going to stop.
Saturday 70% chance; Sunday 60% chance. There's a graduation party on Sunday and I'm not sure if I'm going to go. It starts at 2 but I have to be at church until 3:30 and then at least 1/2 hour drive. If the weather is bad, I certainly won't be going.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #3247
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I had heard about your storms and wondered how you were doing. So glad you were home... and not out in the midst of the flooding. What's happening today? Are things cleared for you to head to work, or are you home again?

Maxine, YAY for getting the stitches out! That must be a relief!

Okay, confession time... the house is NOT as clean as I'd like it and I still have a bit of organization I had hoped to get done while DH was gone............... BUT (yes, that IS a big BUT)..... I am declaring today a "Me" Day anyway, and I'm going to play! Tomorrow my weary travelers and all of their dirty laundry will be arriving at my house. Along with all the memories they will surely share with me once they rest a bit. I'm so looking forward to their arrival... although I'm not sure my laundry room will ever be the same again. LOL!

Hugs for all!
I didn't go out yesterday at all. Woke up to more heavy rain this morning and waited around a little bit until it let up so got to the office about 8:40. Work was crazy busy. The paralegal didn't get in until afternoon so I had a bunch of her work to do. Kept me busy all day. I was supposed to go out to lunch with a GF, but we cancelled since we weren't sure if the rain was going to keep up or not. Nice though to know that I only have 2 more days of work, but we still have rain in the forecast for each day.

Glad you are able to have a fun day for you. You deserve it after all you've been through lately with your trips and meetings! Time enough for housework when the family gets back home.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #3248
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hello strangers! sorry iʻve been crazy busy here. i decided to go back to school part time in the fall and pick back up my part time student job and my boss decided he wanted me to start over the summer... and summer session starts tomorrow!! so iʻve been busy getting things in order around the house as well as for work, and attending orientations and meetings and whatnot.

i sorely owe everyone some blog love and hopefully things will settle down once we get into a routine and i can get back to ʻnormal!ʻ

miss you guys and sending tons of love!!
Hi Kel! Good luck on going back to school and working part time! Wow! With 3 little ones, that's a lot to take on. I've wanted to go back to school since 1992. Maybe one of these days. If you figure out what "normal" is please let me know.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #3249
Quacker Stamper

Oh, and I found out today that my DD in CA is having a graduation get together for my DGD after all. I asked her about it when I was out there and she told me that my DGD wasn't going to be around after the graduation so she wasn't going to do anything. That changed. The school grad party doesn't start until 9. Now I have to decide soon whether I'm going to go for the graduation at 5 and a dinner afterward and maybe dinner or a BBQ on Saturday. I'd leave there on Sunday. Another whirlwind trip. I like to be there for each of the kids' events, but I don't have much time off available right now. In a quandry.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:26 AM   #3250

Oops! Ummmmmmmmmmm... Kelly, it's almost Friday! Do you have the tissue box closeby?

Maggie, that is a tough decision, I'm sure. I hope you feel comfortable with whatever you decide. I'm glad you stayed home/in all day the day the weather was the worst.

Barb, did the rain stop enough to mow?

Today is the day... today is the day! In fact, DH and DD's second plane of the trip is landing in Minneapolis momentarily. One more flight to St. Louis. Then a 1-hour metro ride and a nearly 2-hour drive after that. I suspect they'll be home early afternoon. YAY!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #3251
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did not cut the grass as I got already and it was raining. It is to be 80 today and sunny, so today is the day. I think I heard 4 or 5 mowers in the neighborhood last evening......................
Old 05-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #3252
Pearl-ExPert

Now y'all have heard me complaining for a long time about the drought and lack of rain.........well, no more! We've had about 13 inches of rain in the last week or so and frankly it's a little too wet! LOL! So much water, destruction, loss of life, and people still missing.
About 30 minutes from here a girl that was due to graduate this week was coming home from the prom and got stalled in a low water crossing. They found her the next morning. So sad! She was homecoming queen and president of the national honor society. Horrible! A small town a couple of hours from here really got hit bad. They're still looking for so many people and had 70 homes wash away when the river 'came down'.
We only live about 1/4 mile from a small creek and several times it's come up almost to the house but this time we were lucky and it didn't. Our garden is hanging in there but just barely. Too much water. We could really use a little time to dry out but have that chance of thunderstorms all the way to next week. Whew!

I'm sorry I haven't been around more.....no excuse really. Now, that's a sad thing to say! LOL! Hope everyone is doing good........
Old 05-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #3253

Lynn, I read about the young lady you mentioned in the news. Tragic! I did not realize it happened so close to your home, though. Please take care and don't venture out into flood areas!

Barb, rain delays don't just affect ballgames, I see.

My travelers DID make it home yesterday - YAY! After a bit of a challenge with the metro, they were running a bit later than we expected, but they still made it fine, for which we are thankful! Most of their things are unpacked, and DD did her laundry. We had a delicious supper of grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats, plus all of appropriate side-dishes. We were all in bed by 10:00.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 AM   #3254
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and an Awesome Weekend!
Old 05-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #3255
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jeanette, I'm glad all the troops arrived back home safely! I'm sure they were all just exhausted!
Maxine, glad those stitches came out and all is well. It always seems to feel better once the stitches are gone.

Waving hi to everyone else. I know I've been MIA a lot here so will be trying to do better.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:00 AM   #3256

Yes, Lynn... it's wonderful having the rallied troops here! Just wish our oldest DS were here, too. Miss that guy!

Barb, enjoy your weekend!

Waving to all the others!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #3257
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Crazy to hear about all of the rain in Texas! Glad everyone is safe and will keep those in prayers that need them- the young lady- so sad! Lynn- I heard California just bought the rain water from Tx, and 3 other states for 2015......to help with the drought there...... plus transportation.

Oh Jeanette- you must be having a blast with hubby and daughter home! Good old burgers- did she enjoy hem after eating buffalo etc for the past year?

Barb- hubby was out mowing today after the rain let up- lawn in the back was too long to let it go. I mowed the front for him on Wednesday- I have not mowed for about 15 years...... We bought a rotary Fiscars mower- the grass was too long, so the neighbor rescued me and let me borrow theirs, and he came over and re-did the lawn cause there were so many clumps. Neck has not acted up thankfully! I cannot get the mower started with the pull at all.....

Maggie- be safe on the roads! Is the graduation in Cali??? That would be a hard decision. Hope your foot is doing better!

Kally- Wahoo- your kids are all beautiful! Loved the grad pic on FB : ) Hope you have a great summer too- a little slower paced hopefully!

Maxine- glad the stitches are out. That was some bruise- saw the post on Instagram! Whew! We were close to frost here (well, it was 50), but the day started at 80 and really humid, so felt like frosty after that!

Kel- hope the busy schedule is good with your family and with the little ones- good for you- You can do it!!!

I came down with a cold the last couple of days- more like sinus, so I did not go to Ky for the Anniversary......feel bad- no one made it. We will have to celebrate later on when more people can go. I spent the day moving more stuff to the new creative space and making a couple of cards. I have 6 cards and a couple of sets of ATC's to do. We have a new baby due any day (due last Monday- nephew), and I am making one pink and one blue card, plus one for Grandparents- my sis & BIL, then have one niece graduating- she lives near Dallas, so want to get it in the mail Monday- with a check. Plus the Anniversary card.....

Blackhawks win! Year- on to play Tampa.......

Waving hi to all- have a great rest of the weekend!

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 AM   #3258
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oops! Ummmmmmmmmmm... Kelly, it's almost Friday! Do you have the tissue box closeby?

Maggie, that is a tough decision, I'm sure. I hope you feel comfortable with whatever you decide. I'm glad you stayed home/in all day the day the weather was the worst.

Barb, did the rain stop enough to mow?

Today is the day... today is the day! In fact, DH and DD's second plane of the trip is landing in Minneapolis momentarily. One more flight to St. Louis. Then a 1-hour metro ride and a nearly 2-hour drive after that. I suspect they'll be home early afternoon. YAY!
I talked to my DD the other night and told her that I wasn't coming. I hate not to, but there are lots of extenuating circumstances, one of which is my niece and her kids who come take care of my kitties and house will be out of town that weekend. The other is that I'm not sure my foot is going to be better and that presents a whole lot of other issues.

Yes and we've had more rain most of the week. We did have a dry day for on Friday, but every other day it has rained at some time during the day.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:59 AM   #3259
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Now y'all have heard me complaining for a long time about the drought and lack of rain.........well, no more! We've had about 13 inches of rain in the last week or so and frankly it's a little too wet! LOL! So much water, destruction, loss of life, and people still missing.
About 30 minutes from here a girl that was due to graduate this week was coming home from the prom and got stalled in a low water crossing. They found her the next morning. So sad! She was homecoming queen and president of the national honor society. Horrible! A small town a couple of hours from here really got hit bad. They're still looking for so many people and had 70 homes wash away when the river 'came down'.
We only live about 1/4 mile from a small creek and several times it's come up almost to the house but this time we were lucky and it didn't. Our garden is hanging in there but just barely. Too much water. We could really use a little time to dry out but have that chance of thunderstorms all the way to next week. Whew!

I'm sorry I haven't been around more.....no excuse really. Now, that's a sad thing to say! LOL! Hope everyone is doing good........
So sorry about that young girl who got caught in the waters. I heard about the Wimberly area on the news. So very sad. We lost 8 people here in Houston because of the flooding.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:00 AM   #3260
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn, I read about the young lady you mentioned in the news. Tragic! I did not realize it happened so close to your home, though. Please take care and don't venture out into flood areas!

Barb, rain delays don't just affect ballgames, I see.

My travelers DID make it home yesterday - YAY! After a bit of a challenge with the metro, they were running a bit later than we expected, but they still made it fine, for which we are thankful! Most of their things are unpacked, and DD did her laundry. We had a delicious supper of grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats, plus all of appropriate side-dishes. We were all in bed by 10:00.
Jeanette, I know that you're happy to have everyone home under one roof again! Dinner does sound yummy! I try to get to bed by 10 every night now. I need the sleep to deal with my days.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #3261
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Yes, Lynn... it's wonderful having the rallied troops here! Just wish our oldest DS were here, too. Miss that guy!

Barb, enjoy your weekend!

Waving to all the others!
Love that smilie!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:07 AM   #3262
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Wow! Time sure does fly by. It's been a busy week at work and in my personal life.

Shelly, yes the graduation is in CA, otherwise there wouldn't be a problem. I did hear from DD that her MIL is coming. I was surprised because she has been so sick and not able to get around and do anything - hasn't been eating properly, etc. And she is going to be there from Thursday through Monday! I was only going to go Friday to Sunday. The woman is very needy and my DD and her DH are going to have their hands full with her around. Big thing is that my niece and her kids who usually take care of my house and kitties will not be in town that weekend either, so I'd have to find someone else that I trust to come and take care of things. My sis will also be out of the country then. She leave this Saturday to go to Scotland/Ireland with 2 of my cousins. Then I'm not sure my foot is going to be well enough by then to get around the airport and do a lot of walking.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:10 AM   #3263
Quacker Stamper

Thursday went out to lunch with a GF. We were supposed to go on Wednesday, but it turned out that neither one of us could get away. I was so busy that day. Worked from the minute I got in until I left and only took about 15 minutes to eat my lunch. Our paralegal didn't get in until afternoon. We had had more heavy rain that morning and where she lives gets high water. I left for the office late because of the rain. After the morning though it quit, so that was good. I had dinner with the Single Chicks Thursday night and we had not gotten together in about 3 months, so that was good too. Enjoyed the chatting and the meal.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 AM   #3264
Quacker Stamper

Thursday night when I left work, my low tire pressure light came on AGAIN! It just happened a month ago with that "phantom" nail in my tire that they couldn't find. I knew that I had to take care of that on Friday because we were supposed to have 90% chance of rain on Saturday and 80% on Sunday. I also had a dr. appt. at 8:30 on Friday morning to check out my foot. It was a good thing that I went. He thinks I have some cellulitis around the wounds, so told me not to put anything on it except the peroxide and cover it with a pad. At night I can let it air out uncovered. I think also I was having an allergic reaction to the Rescue Cream that I was using. It contains Glycerin and I react to that. But I use it all the time for small cuts and cracks on my fingers when they get dried out and I don't have any problems with it then. He gave me a script for a Zpac. After I left the dr which is down in the Med Center, I drove back out to my neighborhood to drop off the script and pick up another one that was ready for my BP meds. Then I drove to a Ford dealership closer to my house to have them check out my tires. Again, they were all good except for the right front tire that was just a little bit lower than the others. The last time it was the right rear tire. So he aired them up and I left and went back and picked up the script for the ZPac and then went to work. Got in about 11:30. But then the day just dragged on and on. Didn't think I was ever going to get out of there. Went to the grocery store on my way home so I didn't have to go on Saturday because we were to get so much rain!

Saturday I got up and the weather was good. It looked like no rain until later in the afternoon. So I had forgotten to get a few things at the store, so decided to go afterall and get them. I also needed to get some copies made for a presentation I'm a part of today at church. And finally about about 24 years, I shipped my DD's wedding dress back to her!!!!! I made the gown and had it cleaned and boxed in a bridal box after the wedding. Long story short, it never got shipped to her like they were supposed to, so I've had it here. Don't know why she didn't take it when they were moving from Eire to CA and were here in TX for 2 months. So glad though that I finally got that out of my house. Cost me a small fortune, but it was worth it.

After hitting the grocery store, I came on home and decided that I needed to plant the milkweed plants in the back flower beds, so I worked on that. I saw a couple of caterpillars on the small plants and knew that I didn't have enough big plants for them to survive on so decided to go to the nursery and get some bigger ones. I got 5 in 1 gallon containers and there are at least 3 plants in each one. As I was coming home, the rain started and I could see lightning. Got home right before it really started coming down. I was glad that I got everything planted before it rained so they could get a good soaking from the rain. The big ones are not going in the ground. They will be host plants so when I get a caterpillar, I transfer to one of these and then cover it with netting so it will be protected from predators and hopefully change into a monarch butterfly. So it rained for some time last night and they said we would have some this morning, but if we did it came before I woke up at 6:30.

Later after church I have a graduation party to go to for one of my great nieces and a great nephew. The GN graduated from college and the GN from HS. I'll get to the party late because it starts at 2 and since I have to be at church until 3:30, it will be after 4 before I get there. Hopefully there won't be any rain because then I won't go. It's a good 1/2 hour drive and I don't know what the streets are like around there.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #3265
Insane Embellisher

Way, way behind here! I was going to catch up on my long weekend last week but I started working on a project from last summer, putting all my dies into various storage systems and stamps into the pocket storage. I had to order a bunch of stuff mid week because I ran out and was going to continue this weekend but worked on some other "hot spots". I also decided to finally get the bags of scrap/card stuff out of the spare room into boxes and get pics taken for Craigslist. Hoping to get rid of everything that way, if not I'll save it for the fall LSS tag sale. They had one this weekend but I wasn't motivated to get everything priced and there in time.

Hope everything is doing well. I should be able to pop back in during the week to catch up on what I've missed!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:55 AM   #3266
Mad Swapper

Hi there fellow addicts - I survived the weekend!! The kids were basically good, but both werre getting colds so were not that happy, and it was bitterly cold so I had to keep them inside. Broken nights and early mornings meant I was very glad to get into my bed last night and I must admit I slept well!!

No stamping for me of late - and although it is going to be raining cats and dogs here tomorrow, I have to stay by the sewing machine and shorten trousers (for DH, 4 pairs) and me - 1 pair, adjust curtains for DS and DIL for their kitchen and catch up on some of my own mending too - a full days worth of work, unfortunately.

Great to catch up on all the chat and see Kel and Kristie pop in - all we need now is for Darlene to call by and we will all have been here in the past few days

Hugs and waves to you all
Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM   #3267

Shelly, funny you should ask... no, DD is not loving the meat here (keeps saying she misses moose)... and she's also missing sunshine because it gets dark here earlier than it was getting dark in Alaska. LOL!

Maggie, wow! You accomplish more in a weekend than anyone I know!

Kristie, I love when things are organized... I need to get my stamps in order. My dies are already pretty well organized, so that's good. YAY for you accomplishing so much with your home organization!

Maxine, I'm glad things went okay with the kids, but am sorry they were coming down with colds. Hopefully they are feeling all better now!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #3268
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you had a good weekend! I moved all of the pots and baskets from the greenhouse to the deck yesterday as it is time................ however, temps were in the low 40's over night, so I am sure they were all wondering what the heck happened.................

Today I am working on cards--yay for me! Have a Marvelous Monday!!!!!! And Happy June 1st!! That was my mom's birthday too.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #3269
Quacker Stamper

Barb, that is too cold for this time of the year. I heard this morning that we'll be up in the 90's by the weekend!

Kristie, how do you store your dies? I have one system, but I'm not liking it much and considering doing something else.

Maxine, so glad that you survived the DGC. Sorry about the colds. I hope that they get well soon. After I move all my stamping machines out of the storage room, I'll only have my sewing machine in there, and maybe I'll get to use it again!

Jeanette, Funny what we get used to and the change can make a big difference. I didn't think that moose would taste that much different than beef. Do you ever have buffalo? Maybe that would be closer to the taste.

Yesterday was a pretty relaxed day for me. I didn't get out of church until a little later than usual so I didn't make it to the graduation party. By the time I got there it would have been almost 4:30 and it started at 2 and I had my yard man coming at 6:30 to discuss what I need him to do today. I wouldn't have been at the party very long.

My yard man did come by and I showed him what needed to be planted in the front bed and the back yard, the limbs from the neighbor's trees that are hanging over my fence that need to be cut back because they get caught between the slats and damage my fence. Then he is going to mulch all the beds. We also talked about him putting in some top soil over on the side of the back yard where the grass has all died from the shade of the pecan tree. I want to get some ground cover planted over there and see if that will grow and make it look nicer.

I have an appt this afternoon with the throat doctor. I want to see if she has an idea of why I'm always clearnig my throat - if it's just drainage; and if so, how do I get rid of it. It can get really bad sometimes where I can barely talk.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #3270

Barb, I hope you had fun with ink/paper on your Marvelous Monday!

Maggie, you're right about the things we get used to eating. No, I've never had buffalo; and never intend to, either. Of course, I never intended to eat Moose either, but did that in March. EEK!

I've been scarce on here... busy enjoying DD when I'm not busy with meetings and other responsibilities. I suspect that will be the story of my life much of the next two months. And I'm loving it!!!

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #3271
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--have a Terrific Tuesday as we know that leads to a Wonderful Wednesday with hopefully Smoochy showing his smile...................
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #3272
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--this is how is store my dies and I love it.

I had a Creative Memories Photo Keeper--or two--that I was not using and also a few packs of the plastic dividers. I get the magnetic sheets at Joann's with a coupon as they are the perfect size though I am sure other ones can be cut down. I have bought additional packs of the CM dividers as I now have two boxes of dies. I love the tab on the top that I can put the name of the dies and even the company if possible--I use my label maker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5061.jpg (35.3 KB, 5 views)
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:12 AM   #3273
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Barb, I hope you had fun with ink/paper on your Marvelous Monday!

Maggie, you're right about the things we get used to eating. No, I've never had buffalo; and never intend to, either. Of course, I never intended to eat Moose either, but did that in March. EEK!

I've been scarce on here... busy enjoying DD when I'm not busy with meetings and other responsibilities. I suspect that will be the story of my life much of the next two months. And I'm loving it!!!

Hugs for all!!!
Buffalo does taste more like beef. I don't eat it much anymore because I don't eat red meat.

Enjoy your time with DD. Will she go back to Alaska after the summer?
Old 06-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #3274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--this is how is store my dies and I love it.

I had a Creative Memories Photo Keeper--or two--that I was not using and also a few packs of the plastic dividers. I get the magnetic sheets at Joann's with a coupon as they are the perfect size though I am sure other ones can be cut down. I have bought additional packs of the CM dividers as I now have two boxes of dies. I love the tab on the top that I can put the name of the dies and even the company if possible--I use my label maker.
I love that system Barb. What size is that box? I have 2 of the Art Bin die holders with the magnetic sheets, but they don't always stick very well and when you're looking through them, they fall off. I've been considering using magnetic sheets put inside page protectors and stored in a binder.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #3275
Quacker Stamper

I went to see my throat doctor yesterday mainly because I have a persistent frog in my throat all the time and wanted to find out if it were allergies or something else and what to do about it and also whether or not I had reflux which could also be causing it. After looking in my nose and throat, my nasal passages do show allergies, and she can (and will) give me a script for a nasal spray to use instead of having to take Zyrtec every day which dries out my eyes. In order to see if I have reflux she tests for that by using a wire probe through my nose down to the back of my throat attached to a USB flash drive kind of thing and a monitor that I have to carry with me all the time. It records I guess any acid that comes up into my throat. I also have a diary that I need to keep about what I eat, when I cough, when I sleep, etc. I go back this afternoon to have it removed and they download the information. If I do have reflux this should tell when I have it and what kind of mediation I would need.

So I stayed home from work today. Didn't want to go in and freak everyone out with this wire thing coming out my nose. They'd all be staring and asking what was going on and I'd never get any work done anyway.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:37 AM   #3276
SCS RAK Coordinator

I looked and found a link to the box Power? Sort Box - CM

I love the plastic dividers and have found some on eBay as well as the BST forum here. The magnetic sheets work good--they are 4x6 are are in packs of 3 or 4 a Joann's. You can see I even have two sets of Spellbinder dies like the ovals, circles, squares on each one. My second box has the "shaped" dies--leaves, snowflakes, etc along with my SU dies. This system works for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I love that system Barb. What size is that box? I have 2 of the Art Bin die holders with the magnetic sheets, but they don't always stick very well and when you're looking through them, they fall off. I've been considering using magnetic sheets put inside page protectors and stored in a binder.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #3277
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I looked and found a link to the box Power? Sort Box - CM

I love the plastic dividers and have found some on eBay as well as the BST forum here. The magnetic sheets work good--they are 4x6 are are in packs of 3 or 4 a Joann's. You can see I even have two sets of Spellbinder dies like the ovals, circles, squares on each one. My second box has the "shaped" dies--leaves, snowflakes, etc along with my SU dies. This system works for me!
Thanks for the information and the link, Barb. Looks great!
Old 06-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #3278
Pearl-ExPert

Barb, I LOVE your die storage system! I'm going to check on those magnetic sheets at JoAnn's. I have mine on the Art Bin like you Maggie but keep trying to come up with something better. I never even know what I have. Right now I need to either buy more of the Art Bin or do something different. I also saw recently where someone was using like the storage bags you put stamps in. The problem with that though (at least to me) is that some of like the circle dies, etc. are too big for the baggies.
How do some of the rest of you store your dies?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #3279

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #3280
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes--it is the middle of the week and we are heading to the weekend!